shape
carat
color
clarity

Covid Anxiety

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry you have Von Willebrand's disease. My SIL has it and she is doing very well. She got vaccinated (Pfizer) in March 2021 and had no problems whatsoever. I know everyone is different but I wanted to share that with you and hope it makes you feel better about it. She was diagnosed decades ago and she is A OK. She has many other health issues and she is doing well.

Thanks Missy, I appreciate you sharing info with me. It's scary because I was originally told not to get vaccinated because of various medical issues, past reactions, etc. I'm scheduling an appointment as soon as possible. Praying all goes well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Missy, I appreciate you sharing info with me. It's scary because I was originally told not to get vaccinated because of various medical issues, past reactions, etc. I'm scheduling an appointment as soon as possible. Praying all goes well.

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and hoping it goes very well. ((((Hugs)))).

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t blame the media. The media is trying to get people to take this serious and get vaccinated. What they are reporting is true. Some of the hospitals are at full capacity. This new variant is affecting younger people. Children are now being hospitalized. The hospitals staff are exhausted and we are doing a terrible disservice to them by not gettIng vaccinated, wearing masks and doing everything possible to keep this virus from spreading. Every hospital worker has a family and people who love and care about them. We all should be doing everything possible to protect them. What they have seen and gone thru is bound to have an effect on them emotionally. Helping each other and protecting each other is what being a functioning member of society is all about.

Jumping off the soapbox now.

@Aerielle Max, I read the article where anxiety is affecting women to a greater degree. Sometime it helps just knowing others are going thru the same thing. Everyone reacts to this differently. It helps to know what helps you feel better. If you are really uncomfortable traveling right now, put that off until things improve. Take care of yourself and do what you can to alleviate some of the stress.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Please try and stay positive. I know it's hard to do. Prayers for you.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, the media has everyone in a paniced state, that is why my daughter is having issues, she has it now and all we have heard is it will kill you. Yes I do understand it will kill some people, I am just saying that's all you hear these days and some people have anxiety and fear.
Thanks to the media. Fear never helps... :rolleyes:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far that's the best advise you had given.

Uh-oh, I must be off-base here somehow then.

Panic is never the recommended course of action.

Can we make this a grown-ups-only channel? :cool2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

beatricecrummles

Rough_Rock
Better postpone your plans of travelling rather than risking your lives with COVID. How about doing simple activities together like jogging or biking? It still means a lot. What is important is you have each other and together you will survive this pandemic.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee FWIW my dh's firm is still allowing everyone to WFH for the foreseeable future...and this comes from a firm whose culture had always been you are expected to be in the office. Period.

And there is no end point to WFH for them yet. Covid has shifted the mindset. Remote work it is and it will continue to be because safety is paramount.

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock
I don’t blame the media. The media is trying to get people to take this serious and get vaccinated. What they are reporting is true. Some of the hospitals are at full capacity. This new variant is affecting younger people. Children are now being hospitalized. The hospitals staff are exhausted and we are doing a terrible disservice to them by not gettIng vaccinated, wearing masks and doing everything possible to keep this virus from spreading. Every hospital worker has a family and people who love and care about them. We all should be doing everything possible to protect them. What they have seen and gone thru is bound to have an effect on them emotionally. Helping each other and protecting each other is what being a functioning member of society is all about.

Jumping off the soapbox now.

@Aerielle Max, I read the article where anxiety is affecting women to a greater degree. Sometime it helps just knowing others are going thru the same thing. Everyone reacts to this differently. It helps to know what helps you feel better. If you are really uncomfortable traveling right now, put that off until things improve. Take care of yourself and do what you can to alleviate some of the stress.

Speaking of children, what are your thoughts about them being vaccinated? Are they not too young to suffer the effects of the vaccines? This is one of the reasons why parents are so stressed now.

By the way, thank you for your sweet thoughts. We came to a conclusion to postpone our travel.

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock
Uh-oh, I must be off-base here somehow then.

Panic is never the recommended course of action.

Can we make this a grown-ups-only channel? :cool2:

I envy people like you who face covid with no fear. How do you do it? Please give us tips as each day covid is becoming contagious and mentally deadly.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I envy people like you who face covid with no fear. How do you do it? Please give us tips as each day covid is becoming contagious and mentally deadly.

I am not fearless.

I feel that I am part of the solution and I see the value of the work we all do. Irrespective of the anti-vaxxers and ivermectin shills, there are savvy, capable people working to get us out of this hole. Yes, it would help if half the country would just stop digging -- but we will get past that. The speed with which a (then) 95% effective vaccine was created and delivered was breathtaking.

The anti-vaxxers have been wrong about pretty much everything forever and this is no different. For many, all they want to do is oppose what smart people know and discover. That it happens to be vaccines this year is just one more row on the spreadsheet.

Lately, I am more angry than I am afraid. I sometimes wonder what will happen when my state goes open-carry and "stand-your-ground." What will become of those who willfully endanger the rest of us? Lots of liberals buying guns 'n' ammo now.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Aerielle Max, I hope postponing the trip helped ease some of your anxiety. Have you spoken with your children’s pediatrician regarding the vaccine and asked what they recommend? I would really be interested to hear what they are recommending.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of children, what are your thoughts about them being vaccinated? Are they not too young to suffer the effects of the vaccines? This is one of the reasons why parents are so stressed now.

By the way, thank you for your sweet thoughts. We came to a conclusion to postpone our travel.

I had signed both of my children up for the trials. Unfortunately they didn't need anymore of our demographic. My children will get the vaccine as soon as they are allowed. They are currently 5 and 8 months old.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results