shape
carat
color
clarity

Covid Anxiety

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock
My partner and I is planning for a get away. However, following the news, I got depressed seeing increase in COVID cases. Stricter borders and lockdowns were also implemented. I'm getting so stressed and seems this pandemic will still take long =( Different covid variants are appearing. This makes me panic, I'm even having emotional breakdown. Can someone please help me..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get it. I have similar moments/feelings. And if I weren’t dealing with a few challenging health issues I’d be more stressed about COVID than I am at the moment. But yeah, when I think about it I feel overwhelmed. I try living moment by moment, in the day, the hour, and not look too far ahead. We do what we can to be safe and hope for the best. Control what we can. It’s the best any of us can do. Sending gentle hugs your way.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pandemic has caused many people to have anxiety, please know you are not alone. This is the first time we have had to deal with anything like this in our lifetime so please be kind to yourself. Keep in mind everyone is dealing with this differently and do things that make you feel comfortable and that will lessen your stress. Concentrate on what you can control.

I was feeling much less stressed after we were vaccinated. This new variant has me worried too. If you find yourself feeling like you are really struggling with anxiety, please contact your doctor who can recommend a therapist.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Aerielle Max You're not alone..It’s always on my mind. The way I cope is I control everything I can control. I made sure I got vaccinated. That gave me a level of comfort. I continued to wear a mask even when we were told if we were fully vaccinated we could go without them. I started shopping only once a week since the Delta variant increased. I keep myself informed so I know what I’m dealing with. I try to do things outside in the fresh air…Being outside makes me feel more normal. I consider my house to be my safe haven. When I’m home I can relax and leave all the bad news outside. My husband still works so I nag him to be careful…That gives me a little worry but I try to trust that he will be careful “out there”.
Is there a friend or relative that is also worried? It’s amazing how much better you can feel when worry is shared. Come to the threads that talk about Covid. It’s shared worry. It helps me. I feel like I’m not alone in my worry and frustration...Big hugs..

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry you are going through this. I have struggled as well. I reached out to a psychiatrist this week because it was just more than I could bare on my own anymore.

Since my husband was sick in December, I have had terrible anxiety and panic attacks. Many things have happened in between, but I started feeling somewhat better. Than fast forward to about a month ago, my oldest daughters boyfriend, wh is not vaccinated tested positive. My daughter Abby is vaccinated but was the only one to not get C-19 back in December in our house. She tested negative twice but had all the symptoms. It threw me into a complete spiral mentally. They both recovered fine thankfully, but I couldn't get myself back together. I was having panic attacks daily. Woke in the middle of the night with horrible chest pain. Thankfully the doctor I spoke to was great and I am now taking some medication to help. I will be starting talk therapy in October. I have been diagnosed with PTSD.

Please reach out to your doctor for help if you need to. If you would like to talk offline, I am more than happy to help in any way I can.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry @Aerielle Max , @mom2dolls , and everyone else dealing with the overwhelming feelings that this pandemic has
brought on.

Wanting to tag on to all @MamaBee 's ideas...

- Exercise - helps to use up all that extra adrenaline that's floating around in your body. You can start easy by just walking every day.
Make time for it. Its important for many reasons. I walk 2 miles a day on a treadmill . It doesnt have to be a lot to help.

- Do things that help "ground" you. I pull weeds. People in the old days had lots of monotonous activities they had to complete just to live like chopping wood, darning clothes...heck, Tom Daley knitted a sweater while he was at the Olympics. He said its an activity that
keeps him calm. Find something that sort of puts you in a trance and gives your brain a break from the anxious feelings.

- Try Ashwagandha - I use Spring Hill 1300mg. Sort of just gives you a calming effect and takes the edge off.

And like Mamabee suggested, keep coming to these threads to hear what others are thinking and feeling.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I recommend speaking to a trained & licenses therapist. It is a sign of strength, not weakness, to ask for help coping.

I have several friends who connect with a therapist online at BetterHelp, it is easy, you can do it from the privacy of your own home and it is not too expensive: https://www.betterhelp.com/

Hugs to you @Aerielle Max , be good to yourself, we care about you!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would absolutely reach out to a licensed clinician. Many people have had similar issues during the pandemic, and it is absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about. As @RunningwithScissors says, it is a sign of huge strength to ask for help.

We are all wishing you the best.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Aerielle Max you might find this thread helpful.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
You guys need to speak with me...:praise: Being fearful doesn't help anything. I been living a normal life since the pandemic.

You have benefited because the state and community you live in have been good about enacting strict public health measures, which reduced your overall risk of getting Covid, despite you not taking any protective measures. If you lived in a Southern state, or in the Midwestern state I live in, where the virus has been allowed to run wild and there are very few public health measures in place, you may not have fared so well.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Aerielle Max, According to a new poll on the news this morning the amount of Americans has surged from 20% back in June to now 41% percent who are either “extremely“ or “very worried“ about themselves or the family becoming infected with covid. Please know you are not alone.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire, This thread was started to help people who are struggling with anxiety due to this virus. You have no idea how hard this virus has been for some people to deal with.
And you know why? b/c the media is saying that we will all die from Covid come this fall. People who are struggling with anxiety should just stay at home till this virus is gone.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This advice is coming from a healthcare pro whose husband and son are healthcare pros. I'm not just talking out of my hind-end, what I'm saying is evidence-based.

First are you vaccinated? If you are you're ahead of the game. If not, get your shots now and don't travel until you are at least 2 weeks out from your last shot..

Wear a mask if you're using any public transport, wear a mask at all times in an inside location. Wear a mask if you're outside surrounded by people (in a city or a public gathering). If you suddenly find yourself in a gathering of Trump fans, run!

Look, you can do this, life doesn't have to stop, it just has to change a bit, that's all. Go and have fun!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your flippant attitude is disrespectful at best.

More accurately, I find your words rude, ignorant, selfish, and embarrassing.
Ignorant for living a normal life? :rolleyes:had I listened to the doom and glooms here I would had miss 1.5 yr of playing with our grandkids. You can go on living the way you feel comfortable with, but don't expect the whole world to follow you. That's what I call selfishness!

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Ignorant for living a normal life? :rolleyes:had I listened to the doom and glooms here I would had miss 1.5 yr of playing with our grandkids. You can go on living the way you feel comfortable with, but don't expect the whole world to follow you. That's what I call selfishness!

I can assure you that you don't want me to fully assess the depths of the ignorance you're portraying. I don't know you so I'm not discussing your character, simply what YOU are choosing to present. So, keep congratulating yourself.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can assure you that you don't want me to fully assess the depths of the ignorance you're portraying. I don't know you so I'm not discussing your character, simply what YOU are choosing to present. So, keep congratulating yourself.
Please do! I have thick skins... :praise:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire, Do you realize are the person Doberman said people should run from? You haven’t been vaccinated, you live your life as though nothing has changed. You brag on PS about going to a crowded bar drinking and going to lunch at restaurants with your friends. You are one of the reasons people are anxious. Please at least try to have some compassion for the OP who said she is struggling.

Your actions put your grandchildren at risk.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire, Do you realize are the person Doberman said people should run from? You haven’t been vaccinated, you live your life as though nothing has changed. You brag on PS about going to a crowded bar drinking and going to lunch at restaurants with your friends. You are one of the reasons people are anxious. Please at least try to have some compassion for the OP who said she is struggling.

Your actions put your grandchildren at risk.
Yes, but I never said to follow my lead. I always say to do whatever you feel is right to stay safe. I'll say it again...I'm not against any person of getting vaccinated.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not having a go at you @Dancing Fire, but you do realise, that feeling anxious about the situation isn’t helped when you as an individual do everything you can to stay safe, and other people just go about life as if there’s nothing going on?

One of the big issues with Covid is that no one, not one single person, could definitively say that if they caught it, they’d be ok. People have recovered from it, but they’re not the same as they were before. New data is becoming available all the time, this has been a constantly evolving situation, things that are known now, weren’t known even a few short months ago.

I am not someone who ever had a flu jab, I did last year to appease my DH, but as soon as I was eligible to get the Covid vaccine, I did. Not just to protect myself, but to protect others, to stop new variants getting a hold.

We live in an area where it hasn’t been too bad, and there’s been a very high uptake of vaccination, even amongst young people, but we’re still very careful when we go out, we mask up inside, and will continue to do so.

I do think our media has been instrumental in spreading fear, but living with something that none of us has ever experience before, is frightening, hearing everyday how many people have died, how infections are rising, how there are no ICU beds available, is not something that people can just shrug off.

People react in different ways, some find it harder than others, how you deal with the situation doesn’t necessarily mean others can do the same.

@Aerielle Max I hope you find some way of helping you cope with your anxiety, most of us can sympathise with what you’re going through.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results