shape
carat
color
clarity

Could finding a wedding set really be this easy?

nice ice

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
It was meant to be! Your new set is going to be dreamy! Can''t wait until it is on your hand (not the fake one).

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m trying to find this seller on ebay and it comes back as no store for that name.
7.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
use a lowercase e. so estate1920

Date: 5/10/2010 3:59:46 PM
Author: stepcutgirl
I''m trying to find this seller on ebay and it comes back as no store for that name.
7.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 4:07:17 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
use a lowercase e. so estate1920

Date: 5/10/2010 3:59:46 PM

Author: stepcutgirl

7.gif
Still saying 0 results for that name. Can you post a link to something being sold by this seller?

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I think it''s because I was searching by store name, not sellers name.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for being so gracious! I got the rings today and they are beautiful. I really don''t think the setting is going to work though.
15.gif
My stone is too small and my short size 4 fingers were struggling for real estate with the setting and the band on. I adore the wedding band though. I will take better pics soon. Any suggestions on how to set my 2.06 OEC that would go well with the band? Leon Mege did not return my emails after the initial consultation. How about a James Meyer without the "wraps"? I had asked McTeigue and McClellan for a quote then asked them to hold off when I thought I may have have found a setting. Their work is amazing (I saw some at the tiny jewelbox 50% off) but I''m a little worried about cost since I read someone got a quote for 5500 for a plain bella bezel. I''d like to keep my wedding set under 10k so that leaves 2.9k left. I could stretch a bit more if need be.

I couldn''t get a good pic in this light, but see how it is almost up to my knuckle? I think I need something more flush. I really have to commend the seller. Shipping was fast and very professionally packaged. He says it will be no problem to return it.

511ringrosecuts454545454.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Wow Kelpie, I would have seriously coveted that 10mm setting you got if I hadn''t finally found an antique one that big... it took me a year to find one that large for my 3 1/2 ct OEC! Too bad it won''t fit your gorgeous recut stone though
7.gif
it is soooo pretty. Save it for a gemstone? It''s a really rare size for an antique setting and super pretty.

The rose cut eternity band is just gorgeous too. I would totally get a quote from Greenlake to engrave the rest- they do such amazing work. Are you ready to hear how much it cost for me to get two sides of a ring engraved from them? Sitting down and all? $500 (eep). It was worth it, and there was more surface area involved... but not cheap. They really have no competition when it comes to engraving though! Considering how much just engraving costs from them, I think their custom settings are pretty reasonable. That would probably be what I''d consider doing for your stone if the antique setting is truly a no-go. Though, of course, I love your James Meyer idea too- his work is really yummy with antique cuts.

Or hold out for an antique one and put it in a temp setting for now... nice antique ones are out there, just tough to find in larger sizes. (2 ct being large enough to be a bit difficult IMO.) The antique setting I ended up finding for my 3 1/2 ct stone had an amethyst in it, actually; I''ve had more luck searching for antique settings w/ gemstones in them rather than empty ones on ebay really.

(Oh and I didn''t see your question in your Singlestone-recut thread before- I have a 2 ct TC... a transitional cut from the thirties, my mom actually kidnapped it from me about a month ago and prying it off her pinkie is gonna be tough!)

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Jewels by Erica Grace has a few settings now, they''d look lovely with your band and stone.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Oh I should have known transitional cut was TC. I love transitionals. I have studs that are I guess trans-euros and they have a lovely flower pattern.

I adore this setting but I can''t afford to keep it and not use my stone in it. I combed all of ebay and didn''t find any other settings I like as much that were big enough. I''m sure one would come along if I would just be patient but I really want to wear it soon. Isn''t there the potential for chipping each time it is set? That is why I''m hesitant to do a temporary setting. I also want something permanent by my October wedding so that would be a pretty brief period. I''m thinking another option is to have greenlake make something similar but tie in the engraving pattern from the band and make it sit more flush. This setting reminds me of it a bit but I dislike the cathedral look.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
How's the girdle on it? Some diamonds I sweat bullets when they're set (like my 3 1/2 ct one, it has a microscopically thin girdle with a chip already in the thin area- that one scaaarrres me!), others with more substantial girdles I wouldn't worry so much about. Also if you have a brand new setting, even with an antique stone, you can get it insured by Jewelers Mutual while it's being set if I remember right... I could be wrong though.

Still, I think if you want a permanent home for it by October, I would probably go with Greenlake rather than a temp setting anyway. That way you could get the engraving done to match your rose cut band.

Seriously got a great deal on that lovely diamond!

lweber

Shiny_Rock
I think it''s too bad that the e-ring won''t work with your stone. For that kind of detailed work, go to Green Lake. They are pretty responsive, will do custom work, give you CAD''s from the internet and look to have very high quality work. From their photos, they seem to specialize in the kind of work needed to adequately coordinate with your band. Good Luck!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I had the really good fortune to be in SoCal for the day and pick out a Single Stone setting in person. I had been combing their website and bookmarking rings I liked, but funnily enough the setting that really spoke to me was not one I had given a second glance based on the picture and the fact that I don''t generally prefer 6 prongs. But man, in person it is so exquisite and just perfect! The beauty and craftsmanship of their pieces can really only be appreciated in person.

Setting

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, that looks exquisite Kelpie!!

lweber

Shiny_Rock
Kelpie, that setting is breathtaking! When will you get it? I can''t wait to see pics!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
That looks gorgeous - how exciting! Will you wear it with your rose cut band?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that setting from Single Stone! I covet the antique styles like that. Perhaps one day I will reset my diamond into something like that?

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my that single stone setting is gorgeous, really really gorgeous.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2010 1:21:17 PM
Author: legra
That looks gorgeous - how exciting! Will you wear it with your rose cut band?

It looks fantastic with my rose cut and 1mm french cut band, which they are kindly refurbishing. It sits almost flush! I'm really happy I had the chance to go look at them in person, because it's not something I would have picked from the picture, you all will flip when you see how pretty the profile is. It's perfect and having it made just for my stone and ring size is not even terribly more than the ebay setting I returned. It's going to take 4-6 weeks. I'm already antsy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results