shape
carat
color
clarity

Could finding a wedding set really be this easy?

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I pulled the trigger on two antique pieces and am dying to share even though I don't have them yet. I have been exploring options for my 2.06 OEC and was frustrated with the lack of response from some custom jewelers. I started thinking maybe I could find something vintage that looked really appropriate. I stumbled upon the most beautiful antique platinum setting from ebay seller Estate1920. The only concern is that it is made for 10mm and my stone is 8.45. The seller was extremely prompt in answering my questions and told me his jeweler believed a shelf could be placed inside and it could be modified to fit. I plan on having this done by my own jeweler (quest) so if they take a look at it and say "no way!" I can still return it. It is almost exactly what I was envisioning for custom but it is 8 prong instead of 4. I searched the rest of his items and found the most AMAZING antique .80 rose cut eternity band in my perfect size. I got a discount for buying both. I think I'm in love if only my diamond will fit! Even if it doesn't, the eternity band is exactly what I wanted.

Profile of eternity: Should I get greenlake to restore the engraving?

eternity2wsedtfv.jpg

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Check out the exquisiteness!

eternity1cvbnfvgbn.jpg

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I want to eat it!

eternity3tgbhj.jpg

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I have to wait until tuesday
7.gif

eternity4wesdrfc.jpg

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Here is the georgous semi-mount. I pray it fits!

ring2lkjhgvgb.jpg

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Bottom up.

ring10gallhged.jpg

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Fake handshot!

ring1edctyhh.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
OMG, KELPIE...I almost bought that eternity band. I wanted it sooooo bad and was just waiting for the hubby ok. Enjoy it, it is wonderful!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry Emerald Lover! I hope you find another one you love. I''m always losing out bids to someone then the item shows up here and I''m happy for them but feel a little *pang*
20.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I am so happy that you bought it so that I can stare at it. I''m really really jealous but I''ll get over it. I have never seen anything so unique and beautiful.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
i love it but that fake handshot is creeping me out!!

simmplyb

Rough_Rock
I LOVE the e-ring setting! 8 prongs settings are my favorite with antique settings. Good luck, I hope it works out for you.
36.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that set is SO gorgeous!! I adore vintage/Edwardian jewelry.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh that rose cut eternity is so beautiful
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Sounds like two fantastic finds
36.gif
9.gif
I hope your stone fits!

I would definitely have the engraving restored.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I love love love the eternity. Its seriously gorgeous, as is the ring. I can''t wait till you post your own pictures!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I hope your stone fits!!!!! it is gorgeous and the band is amazing!!!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I hope your stone fits too - it''s a gorgeous ring! and the eternity is fantastic :)

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I love both the ering and the wband.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 8:23:17 PM
Author: kelpie
I want to eat it!
I can appreciate this sentiment right now hahaha - it's a beautiful ring :)

ETA - I missed the e-ring... it's gorgeous too :) I am excited to see this finished set!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 8:32:52 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
Honestly, I am so happy that you bought it so that I can stare at it. I''m really really jealous but I''ll get over it. I have never seen anything so unique and beautiful.
perhaps this will serve as future leverage for the procrastinating hubby? :) (silver lining)

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 10:16:39 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 5/7/2010 8:32:52 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
perhaps this will serve as future leverage for the procrastinating hubby? :) (silver lining)
Ahh...I wish. We just spoke about it at dinner because I was so close to just buying it for myself for my 31st this month and I really thought, now that I''m married, we need to talk about it. His rationale is that I don''t need it when we are renovating our entire apartment. That really didn''t make me feel better since it is one of a kind. I''m not letting it go the next time though.

Sorry for the threadjack, Kelpie...I will secretly call this one of my biggest regrets and continuously ask for pictures.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I will definitely take lots of pictures for you. I''m really sorry we can''t both have it. It is an unbelievably unique antique, but single stone does make some rose cut eternities that are equally special. That is what I was planning on buying until this dropped in my lap. Maybe your budget is being saved for that extra special thing you can''t live without but haven''t found yet.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love both your finds! Can''t wait to see them together.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Great finds!!! I especially love the eternity band! I hope your stone fits!!
30.gif

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Kelpie, amazing finds!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
And i am in love with that eternity band
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh very nice. I hope the setting can be changed so your stone will fit! Lovely band and great shots of those facets!
9.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Both are beautiful. I love antique jewelry.

lweber

Shiny_Rock
The rings are just beautiful. Please show hand shots when the setting is complete. I can''t wait to see it.

legra

Brilliant_Rock
The rose cut eternity band is TDF and the e-ring setting is too gorgeous! Hope your stone fits. I kind of like the way the antique/worn appearance of the engraving on the rose cut band looks but I''m sure it would look fabulous if it was restored too. Can''t wait to see pics of the finished set.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results