carat
color
clarity

Conflicted about DK re-do

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooeemusic|1419629525|3808065 said:
I am working on an email to him now, I got it on Christmas eve and wasn't going to bother him late in the day on Christmas Eve and obviously on Christmas either. I may wait until Monday to send it because It is the holiday season, and I know I wouldn't want to be peppered with question today.

I wouldn't wait to send the email. That may imply you accept it as is, and could bring into question any issues about damage (e.g. the scratch) by waiting to alert him. If you have issues/concerns, they really should be addressed as quickly as possible. By waiting to send an email (and posting this thread) it almost comes across like trying to build a case against the ring vs a path forward to resolve your concerns; just my perception.

While I didn't expect nor request it, David has responded to my emails (to my surprise) on thanksgiving and late at night, so I wouldn't be afraid to send an email. He may not respond till Monday in light of the holiday, but you never know, especially under the circumstances. I have found him to be very responsive, and he wants his customers to love their jewelry.

Alexxxx

Rough_Rock
Trade
Lol he's too nice, who responds on Thanksgiving?! I agree, sending never hurts :bigsmile:

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
Alexxxx|1419630487|3808077 said:
Lol he's too nice, who responds on Thanksgiving?! I agree, sending never hurts :bigsmile:

Well, clearly he is working today, because after the encouragement I emailed him, he responded not a half hour later.

I basically just said the profile was a little low for me and it felt a little like a petite version of mine, I was just wondering if it came out that way because there was only x amount of gold to use, and what, if anything, he would suggest in the situation, maybe just a little higher head. his response:

Hi Rachel,
Lets recast the ring and make it a bit higher all around. I used your gold and when you melt gold you do loose some of it, but I added in mine. It is more to do with the design. I can make a taller version. The slant to the channel is most likely from the polishing. I will look more closely once I see the ring. There should not be a scratch.

I totally didn't expect him to respond today, let alone offer a total recasting right off the bat. I figured he would want to see it first and see if he thought a higher head might give it a little better profile. wow. really, what excellent customer service he has.

Michelez

Shiny_Rock
Yes, DK has customer service like no other vendor I have ever dealt with.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Top notch customer service! I really hope you end up with a ring you love !

Cricketcat

Shiny_Rock
Good luck! I do hope this time it turns out just as you want it. I know it can be very frustrating. Best wishes.

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
EvangelineG|1419639716|3808137 said:
Top notch customer service! I really hope you end up with a ring you love !

Thanks, Evangeline! I really think I will, maybe I just didn't make myself clear enough the first time around. :confused: I don't know, but he didn't seem put off at all by my questioning the outcome which is what I was afraid would happen .

tina sparkle

Shiny_Rock
Just listen to your heart and only accept what you want and have paid for! Good luck to you, I hope you get a ring to love.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you contacted him & are on the path to resolution on your ring. DK is a good guy. ;-)

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
So glad to hear that you guys are tweaking it. DK is a great guy. I am working on a ring with him now and I find that he is very concern with customer satisfaction. My husband is very impress with his customer service and patience with all the minute details.Fingers crossed that you and DK will be able to tweak the design into the ring you love.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I can understand that if you're used to a higher setting, even a little lower would feel weird. It wouldn't have that same "presence" you're used to. Even if it's beautifully made, it would make the diamond appear smaller to your eye. I'm glad you contacted him and will have it tweaked to make you happy because that is what matters most. You have to love wearing your jewelry, that's the whole point!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I had the pleasure if meeting David in person last week. Great guy and I was really impressed by his customer service for even non online customers. His willingness to make his customers happy without passing judgement or making them feel bad - really impressive. I look forward to doing a project with him one day.

dawnxcui

Shiny_Rock
i knew if you'd just email him he would make it right :)
he's not the most talkative guy as in he might not send you pictures of every step and ask for your approval.
i think he prefers to show finished pieces for you to comment on because wax models and CAD can look totally different from finished products.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
He is seriously the nicest guy, I've loved working with him and I'm a very anxious person. He always puts me at ease.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results