shape
carat
color
clarity

Comparison of Tiffany styles

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

duriofont

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I''m looking for technical help because I''d like to compare the phots of the Anitque Tiffany setting at Winfields next to the Tiffany Knife edge at WF. Any help will be greatly appreciated. There are 2 antique styles and one sits lower than the other but I don''t have enough setting distinctions to know which to compare.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
is there any way you can post the links to the settings? I''m not sure which ones you are talking about
1.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
They look pretty much the same height to me.

Wink_WF_Tiff.jpg

duriofont

Rough_Rock
Thank you! Do the prongs look thinner on the anitque?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Irina.

I agree. I think they look pretty close. not enough difference that you would notice in person I would guess.

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
How about a link to the WF ring? I can''t seem to find that one...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the Antique look thicker with prongs...

Also it''s slightly different, the WF head looks like it spreads more whereas the antique is more stick straight up and down. Stick straight up and down bugs me, it''s how my existing head is and I am working on changing that for this upgrade to a spreadier head. I just hate my side view!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2006 11:48:07 AM
Author: Cajunrock

I think the prongs look thinner on the WF ring.

duriofont

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/6/2006 11:55:00 AM
Author: Mara
I think the Antique look thicker with prongs...

Also it''s slightly different, the WF head looks like it spreads more whereas the antique is more stick straight up and down. Stick straight up and down bugs me, it''s how my existing head is and I am working on changing that for this upgrade to a spreadier head. I just hate my side view!
Mara, I really like the head you posted for your new ring because of the cupped style from the side. Do such styles exist without having to go custom?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that you can achieve a very close affect to some of these WF heads we have been seeing on here with the stuller 6 prong solstice and having WF really do alot of work on it. I talked with their design guy re: that yesterday, so it seems like it''s definitely an option to get very close to something like that 6 prong tiffany head with a modified stuller solstice. I''d give them a call and ask about it! Or find out how much custom would be etc. It may not be as much as you''d think for just a head kind of thing.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2006 11:48:07 AM
Author: Cajunrock
Not to me, at least from the pictures, the biggest difference between two settings seems to be the part where i draw the middle arrow.

Here is the link to WF for jasontb.

And thank you mrssalvo for your everyday kindness to newbies and great memory capacity (well i guess this one is just a gift from you genes)
9.gif
, but it''s great that you use it to help others. I call you "PS Human Search Engine".

duriofont

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/6/2006 12:08:33 PM
Author: Mara
I think that you can achieve a very close affect to some of these WF heads we have been seeing on here with the stuller 6 prong solstice and having WF really do alot of work on it. I talked with their design guy re: that yesterday, so it seems like it''s definitely an option to get very close to something like that 6 prong tiffany head with a modified stuller solstice. I''d give them a call and ask about it! Or find out how much custom would be etc. It may not be as much as you''d think for just a head kind of thing.
Sorry but I''m definintely technically challenged so would you give me a link to the stuller 6 prong solstice? Is that any different from the link''s Matatora gave to Wink''s when she responded with suggestions to the Whiteflash Comparison post on 4/2/06?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Patty has the 6 prong stuller head on her ring..sorry I don't have a link to the exact images..not sure if Stuller has them on their site even but I know they have been posted on here in the past. WF can start with a Stuller and round it out a bit, thin the prongs etc. It is a nice affordable alternative to custom esp when WF can work some magic with it.

eta: here is Patty's thread link, I don't think she had any mods made to it here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-48-j-si1-ags1-in-wg-stuller-solstice.40522/

duriofont

Rough_Rock
Thank you Mara. Another question for you ~ do you remember a site on pricescope where you all were creating ring designs? I''ve been searching but can''t find the old posts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results