shape
carat
color
clarity

college

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 2:03:15 PM
Author: goodfun7580
I went to Florida State University and it was awesome!!
9.gif

Me too! When did you graduate? I was Fall 2005!

GO NOLES!!!!!

36.gif

QueenG

Shiny_Rock
Got my BA in Biology from Villanova in 2000. 8 years in big Pharma and 1/2 (if that's possible) a Master's Degree in Biology later, I'm hoping to be in the 2013 graduating class at either Temple or Jefferson for a Doctor od Pharmacy degree. Working on getting in at the moment.

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
Penn State Class of ''06... Fiance was a Penn Stater too ''05.

PSimissU

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I''m still in my undergrad too.. I go to Michigan State!! GO Green!

I''m in the college of education right now though so yay!

SilverVT

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 5:50:01 PM
Author: indecisive
My Husband and I went to Virginia Tech
30.gif
. Let's Go Hokies!!!
*clap clap clapclapclap* GO TECH!!!!
9.gif

FI and I too!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Where''s the CAL bears? I knew there were a few on here before, but they don''t post anymore.

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 3:03:41 PM
Author: LAJennifer
Date: 7/28/2008 2:46:27 PM

Author: mel047

LAJennifer & aliciagirl - Double yay for ya lovely WV girls!

I went to Wheeling Jesuit University in Wheeling, WV for undergrad and am at Marshall Univ for med school!

But... really a MOUNTAINEER fan at heart!

If you''re WV born or raised, you have to be! I''m a Marshall grad - but I bleed the gold and blue. Congrats on med school - I miss my time spent on campus. I''m thinking of buying an apartment building in Huntington.

It''s so funny driving back into the state. EVERY car has a WVU sticker, license plate, flag, etc. It always reminds me I''m home. SO and I will probably move back into the state at some point in our (distant) futures. Money just goes A LOT farther.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a Penn State grad also, went there for both my B.S. and my M.S. I won''t say what years I''m graduated because I''m old!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 11:56:50 AM
Author: aliciagirl

I went to Wheeling Jesuit University in Wheeling, WV for undergrad and am at Marshall Univ for med school!

If you're WV born or raised, you have to be! I'm a Marshall grad - but I bleed the gold and blue. Congrats on med school - I miss my time spent on campus. I'm thinking of buying an apartment building in Huntington.

It's so funny driving back into the state. EVERY car has a WVU sticker, license plate, flag, etc. It always reminds me I'm home. SO and I will probably move back into the state at some point in our (distant) futures. Money just goes A LOT farther.
You can say that again! That's why we're thinking of buying some apartment buildings there - they're so cheap and we have the cash. Also, I have a Mountaineer license plate cover on my SUV. I love going back to visit - sometimes I crave Tudor's Biscuit World. Aren't you planning to have your wedding at the Clay Center? What a beautiful venue.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 11:19:46 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Date: 7/26/2008 7:05:24 AM
Author: sap483
Boston University for me and Northeastern for DH.

SAP, same here! What year did you graduate? (by same, I mean BU for me
3.gif
)
I was hoping there was another fellow Terrier here! I graduated in ''05, how about you?

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 12:23:21 PM
Date: 7/29/2008 11:56:50 AM

Author: aliciagirl

If you''re WV born or raised, you have to be! I''m a Marshall grad - but I bleed the gold and blue. Congrats on med school - I miss my time spent on campus. I''m thinking of buying an apartment building in Huntington.

It''s so funny driving back into the state. EVERY car has a WVU sticker, license plate, flag, etc. It always reminds me I''m home. SO and I will probably move back into the state at some point in our (distant) futures. Money just goes A LOT farther.

You can say that again! That''s why we''re thinking of buying some apartment buildings there - they''re so cheap and we have the cash. Also, I have a Mountaineer license plate cover on my SUV. I love going back to visit - sometimes I crave Tudor''s Biscuit World. Aren''t you planning to have your wedding at the Clay Center? What a beautiful venue.

Oh man. I love Tudor''s. But I love Gino''s even more! They have the best baked spaghetti. Yeah, we have our hearts set on the Clay Center. It''s one of the only venues in the state that seem to fit us. They only cater through Embassy Suites, though and I''ve never had the food but others say it''s mediocre. It''s something we need to check out next time we''re home together.

I think owning an apartment building in Huntington would be nice. There are probably lots of students to rent to.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 10:19:50 PM
Author: SilverVT

30.gif
. Let''s Go Hokies!!!
9.gif

FI and I too!
YaY! I was thinking that there were only WVUers on here... I am a little worried they are going to find a couch burning smiley face
2.gif
I miss Blacksburg so bad it is crazy... do you still go to football games?

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 6:09:03 PM

Date: 7/28/2008 10:19:50 PM
Author: SilverVT

30.gif
. Let's Go Hokies!!!
9.gif

FI and I too!
YaY! I was thinking that there were only WVUers on here... I am a little worried they are going to find a couch burning smiley face
2.gif
I miss Blacksburg so bad it is crazy... do you still go to football games?
Yes, I think we must ignite this couch!

smil43d4a2a187824.gif

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey WV Girls!!! I live between Huntington and Charleston. It''s nice to finally meet some other people who live in, or who have actually been to West Virginia! I was in training last week for work, and the instructor (from another state) kept referring to WV as Virginia. He should have been going over WV laws, but instead gave his presentation on VA laws.

Hubby and I are bigtime WVU fans, even though I went to college in KY and he went to Ohio University.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Univ. of Southern California, loved EVERY second! I work for my alumni club and am slated to be the regional prez for my area! LOVE USC!

Fight on!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 12:23:34 PM

3.gif
)

I was hoping there was another fellow Terrier here! I graduated in ''05, how about you?

yay I was hoping you''d come back to this thread! I graduated only a year ago, in ''07, although that means we were probably at BU at the same time during 04-05. What was your major, SAP? I was in the English/Philo departments
1.gif

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 1:58:18 AM

3.gif
)

yay I was hoping you''d come back to this thread! I graduated only a year ago, in ''07, although that means we were probably at BU at the same time during 04-05. What was your major, SAP? I was in the English/Philo departments
1.gif
I was Poli Sci (CAS) and Finance (SMG). I divided my time up between the two schools. Where did you live while you were at BU? I lived in Towers and then in a brown stone on Bay State up until my Junior Year. Then I moved off campus to an apartment on St. Mary''s. I miss Kenmore!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 9:42:41 PM
Author: deegee
Hey WV Girls!!! I live between Huntington and Charleston. It''s nice to finally meet some other people who live in, or who have actually been to West Virginia! I was in training last week for work, and the instructor (from another state) kept referring to WV as Virginia. He should have been going over WV laws, but instead gave his presentation on VA laws.

Hubby and I are bigtime WVU fans, even though I went to college in KY and he went to Ohio University.
It''s amazing to me the number of people I have come across who don''t realize West Virginia is a separate state from Virginia. When I graduated from college, moved to So Cal and started going on job interviews - I had people look at my resume and say, "West Virginia. I have a cousin who lives in Richmond." To which I would reply, "Richmond is in Virginia." Their response would be, "Yeah, Virginia, where you''re from."

WV-VA-2b.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 11:19:29 AM
Date: 7/30/2008 1:58:18 AM

3.gif
)

I was hoping there was another fellow Terrier here! I graduated in '05, how about you?

yay I was hoping you'd come back to this thread! I graduated only a year ago, in '07, although that means we were probably at BU at the same time during 04-05. What was your major, SAP? I was in the English/Philo departments

1.gif

I was Poli Sci (CAS) and Finance (SMG). I divided my time up between the two schools. Where did you live while you were at BU? I lived in Towers and then in a brown stone on Bay State up until my Junior Year. Then I moved off campus to an apartment on St. Mary's. I miss Kenmore!

I was there three years (graduated early), and lived in Warren (blergh...) 1st year, then South Campus brownstone for the 2nd and 3rd years. There is SO much I miss about BU and that area though - I mean, I love Chicago more than I ever did Boston, but little things...like Super 88 and milk tea! lol. And Noodle Street! (many of my nostalgic reflections center around the food in that area!
3.gif
) Are you still in Boston, SAP?

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Ah yes food memories- I miss Jose the burrito guy at Towers, gigantic waffles on the weekends and getting "cold tea" at Moon Villa in Chinatown. I''m actually in the burbs now, I stayed in Boston for a few years and then got engaged and bought a house with my now DH in the metrowest area. How do you like Chicago? I go there pretty frequently for work, in fact I''m headed there next week.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 11:26:51 AM

Hey WV Girls!!! I live between Huntington and Charleston. It's nice to finally meet some other people who live in, or who have actually been to West Virginia! I was in training last week for work, and the instructor (from another state) kept referring to WV as Virginia. He should have been going over WV laws, but instead gave his presentation on VA laws.

It's amazing to me the number of people I have come across who don't realize West Virginia is a separate state from Virginia. When I graduated from college, moved to So Cal and started going on job interviews - I had people look at my resume and say, 'West Virginia. I have a cousin who lives in Richmond.' To which I would reply, 'Richmond is in Virginia.' Their response would be, 'Yeah, Virginia, where you're from.'
LOL!!! Did they think you just added the West to the front for extra emphasis?!?! LOL!!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 2:35:01 PM
Author: meresal

It''s amazing to me the number of people I have come across who don''t realize West Virginia is a separate state from Virginia. When I graduated from college, moved to So Cal and started going on job interviews - I had people look at my resume and say, ''West Virginia. I have a cousin who lives in Richmond.'' To which I would reply, ''Richmond is in Virginia.'' Their response would be, ''Yeah, Virginia, where you''re from.''
LOL!!! Did they think you just added the West to the front for extra emphasis?!?! LOL!!
Who knows. Maybe they think "West" Virginia, like "Southern" California? Makes you wonder how some people get through college without knowing the 50 states.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 4:28:14 PM
Date: 7/30/2008 2:35:01 PM

Author: meresal

It''s amazing to me the number of people I have come across who don''t realize West Virginia is a separate state from Virginia. When I graduated from college, moved to So Cal and started going on job interviews - I had people look at my resume and say, ''West Virginia. I have a cousin who lives in Richmond.'' To which I would reply, ''Richmond is in Virginia.'' Their response would be, ''Yeah, Virginia, where you''re from.''

Who knows. Maybe they think ''West'' Virginia, like ''Southern'' California? Makes you wonder how some people get through college without knowing the 50 states.

Sorry to but in, but I had to say it''s nice to know I am not the only girl who has had this happen! Except from the other end. I was in CA at a store and they were looking up any stores in VA..and they said.."West VA let me see.." Me: NO NO NO..VIRGINIA..sorry..didn''t meant to react so violently. Haha. I hate it when people get them confused as well!
29.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 10:54:57 AM
Author: aprilcait
cbs102:Oh my goodness! Someone actually knows where Susquehanna University is?!?!?! That''s crazy. Yay!
36.gif
If you don''t mind me asking, are you in Shamokin Dam? Selinsgrove?

My roommate''s boyfriend played football for Susquahanna, so we used to go watch the games (I was over at Bucknell, so not very far!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results