shape
carat
color
clarity

college

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
University of Northern Iowa (B.A. in Public Relations)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 11:35:14 PM
Author: Blair138
Date: 7/25/2008 7:45:14 PM
Author: Haven
Date: 7/25/2008 7:43:02 PM
Author: Blair138
Date: 7/25/2008 7:13:16 PM
Author: Elmorton
Illinois State University - Go You Redbirds!
ME TOO! When did you graduate!?! I graduated in 2006!
My sister''s BF graduated from ISU in 2007, I think. He studied education too, maybe you two knew each other, Blair! His name is Lane, can''t be many of them. He now teaches high school physics in the burbs.
Hmm..I did not know a Lane-was he in a fraternity? I was only at ISU 2 years , I went to community college before...Haven-this is freaky how close in proximity we are, location and people wise now-I bet we''ve been in the same place at the same time and have not even known it!!
6.gif

It is strange how many similarities we have!

Lane was not in a fraternity, and I was not in a sorority; we''re not the Greek type! You''d remember him if you knew him, he has one of those magnetic personalities and he''s LOUD, very hard to forget!

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
I went to Haverford College for undergrad. Anyone ever heard of it? It's a small liberal arts school outside of Philadelphia that was originally founded by Quakers (can you tell I was a campus tour guide?) LOVED IT!

Now I (and my fiance) are doing PhDs at Cornell.

Shout out to my Mt. Holyoke fellow liberal-artsies! I took some classes at Bryn Mawr during my time at Haverford through our consortium, so I like to think that I got at least a taste of the experience at an all-women's college. And Sabine, Bucknell's campus is really pretty- one of my best friends went there.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2008 8:46:43 PM
Author: havernell
I went to Haverford College for undergrad. Anyone ever heard of it? It''s a small liberal arts school outside of Philadelphia that was originally founded by Quakers (can you tell I was a campus tour guide?) LOVED IT!

Shout out to my Mt. Holyoke fellow liberal-artsies! I took some classes at Bryn Mawr during my time at Haverford through our consortium, so I like to think that I got at least a taste of the experience at an all-women''s college. And Sabine, Bucknell''s campus is really pretty- one of my best friends went there.
I know Haverford College!! I live right by Bryn Mawr College!!!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/26/2008 12:12:30 PM
Author: Clio
Date: 7/26/2008 12:39:46 AM

Author: WishfulThinking

Date: 7/25/2008 7:28:13 PM

Author: Clio

Like Wishful Thinking, I went to Mount Holyoke. I graduated in ''95.

Wow, cool! I wasn''t expecting that there would be other Mohos here, even though I checked the thread again half hoping there would be!

What was your major, if you don''t mind my asking?

I had a double major in history and German studies. I''m lucky because my husband''s family lives in the area (he went to UMass), so we get to go up there to visit. I love Western Mass...in the summer!
Very interesting! I do Politics and Gender studies. I grew up in W. Mass and love it here... in the summer, like you. I hate cold winters, and I will be much happier when FI and I relocate to CA! It''s a beautiful place to go back and visit.

havernell- I''ve definitely heard of Haverford! I have a high school friend who goes there. I
30.gif
my small liberal arts college life and will be sad to give it up after next year. I hear the Haverford/Bryn Mawr consortium is an excellent opportunity much like our 5-college valley in W. Mass. All women''s colleges are such a great opportunity and experience, in my opinion, but such a huge part of it for me is the smaller college environment. You know. ;-)

KesVayReas

Rough_Rock
South Dakota State University! Woo hoo! :) I hope to receive my master''s in nursing from the University of Minnesota.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2008 9:01:36 PM
Author: Kaleigh

I went to Haverford College for undergrad. Anyone ever heard of it? It''s a small liberal arts school outside of Philadelphia that was originally founded by Quakers (can you tell I was a campus tour guide?) LOVED IT!

Shout out to my Mt. Holyoke fellow liberal-artsies! I took some classes at Bryn Mawr during my time at Haverford through our consortium, so I like to think that I got at least a taste of the experience at an all-women''s college. And Sabine, Bucknell''s campus is really pretty- one of my best friends went there.
I know Haverford College!! I live right by Bryn Mawr College!!!

And I went there
9.gif
I took some classes at Haverford, as well. Havernell, what year did you graduate?

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock

I know Haverford too, I almost applied when I was in high school, but I chose to apply to Swarthmore instead. Gosh, I really miss Philly, I wanna move back!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I just graduated from Wayne State University in Michigan. I probably will go back there for my Masters. (After I take a year off, of course!)

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Author: Octavia

And I went there
9.gif
I took some classes at Haverford, as well. Havernell, what year did you graduate?

Hi Octavia! I graduated in 2002. How about you? I wonder if we know each other in real life?! I sang with the Extreme Keys a cappella group which is supposed to be a bi-co group, but had a majority of BMC members during my time. So, I knew a fair share of Mawrtys.

Yay that people have heard of Haverford!! Kaleigh, if you live near BMC I've probably jogged by your house in the past. Too bad I didn't know it at the time or I would have stopped in for some water and a quick look at your diamonds!

And just because I have to, to pennquaker I say boo Swarthmore! (we were big sports rivals, and I played many a field hockey and softball games against Swat). We were also allowed to take classes at Swarthmore and UPenn through our consortium, but I never personally partook, though others did.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2008 10:51:07 PM
Author: pennquaker09

I know Haverford too, I almost applied when I was in high school, but I chose to apply to Swarthmore instead. Gosh, I really miss Philly, I wanna move back!
hehe, I didn''t go to Haverford or Bryn Mawr (though some of my classmates did!) but I just wanted to say that I want to move back to Philly too!!!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2008 2:02:53 PM
Author: dockman3
Date: 7/26/2008 11:50:09 AM

Author: Logan Sapphire

Date: 7/25/2008 3:58:43 PM

Author: dockman3

I went to, and still go to, the University of Notre Dame. Got my BS in ''04, MS in ''07 and will get my PhD in ''09 making me a triple Domer!

GO IRISH!

Hey, I''m a Domer too! Class of ''97.

University of Florida for grad school.
I figured I couldn''t be the only one! Where did you live on campus? I lived in O''Neill, which I believe opened the fall after you graduated. Not much tradition, but it was nice and air conditioned!

I lived in Walsh, so God Quad for me. My sister lived in Pangborn for our freshman year and then transferred into Walsh. Dorm living and air conditioning just seem at odds to me! Would''ve been soooo nice!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2008 6:00:51 AM
Author: Octavia

And I went there
9.gif

Hi Octavia! I graduated in 2002. How about you? I wonder if we know each other in real life?! I sang with the Extreme Keys a cappella group which is supposed to be a bi-co group, but had a majority of BMC members during my time. So, I knew a fair share of Mawrtys.

Yay that people have heard of Haverford!! Kaleigh, if you live near BMC I've probably jogged by your house in the past. Too bad I didn't know it at the time or I would have stopped in for some water and a quick look at your diamonds!

And just because I have to, to pennquaker I say boo Swarthmore! (we were big sports rivals, and I played many a field hockey and softball games against Swat). We were also allowed to take classes at Swarthmore and UPenn through our consortium, but I never personally partook, though others did.

I was '04. I only knew a handful of 'Fords very well, but it felt like I was there a lot because my minor department was split equally between the two schools, and I took some classes toward my major there, as well. Oh, the Blue Bus...my sophomore year, I lived directly across from the BMC stop, and I have to say, I have never missed the sound of screechy brakes at 7:30 in the morning
2.gif

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2008 11:40:24 AM
Author: Logan Sapphire

I lived in Walsh, so God Quad for me. My sister lived in Pangborn for our freshman year and then transferred into Walsh. Dorm living and air conditioning just seem at odds to me! Would''ve been soooo nice!

Yeah, the ac was great, though I would have enjoyed a bit more tradition in my dorm. We didn''t even really have a signature event when I started and my junior year the event we had got canceled because of trouble soph year, so we got a new event. You win some, you lose some I guess. My FF lived in Farley, so at least I got to be a part of that for some of my time in undergrad...

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
cbs102:Oh my goodness! Someone actually knows where Susquehanna University is?!?!?! That's crazy. Yay!
36.gif
If you don't mind me asking, are you in Shamokin Dam? Selinsgrove?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2008 7:05:24 AM
Author: sap483
Boston University for me and Northeastern for DH.

SAP, same here! What year did you graduate? (by same, I mean BU for me
3.gif
)

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
LAJennifer - Yay, someone from WV.

I went to West Virginia Wesleyan for undergrad.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I went to a Whitman College in Walla Walla, WA (land of myriad W''s). It''s a very small liberal arts school. Our mascot? The missionaries, despite the fact that it was not a religiously affiliated school. It was named after Marcus and Narcissa Whitman, who were missionaries to the area in the 19th century.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 10:54:57 AM
Author: aprilcait
cbs102:Oh my goodness! Someone actually knows where Susquehanna University is?!?!?! That''s crazy. Yay!
36.gif
If you don''t mind me asking, are you in Shamokin Dam? Selinsgrove?
well i went to IUP so of course i have heard of Susquehanna.. but i work near harrisburg and my company does a lot with Susquehanna

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I went to UCLA for undergrad...
Then to Columbia and UPenn for graduate school. I now attend USC for my doctorate.

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
That''s right by where I grew up (parents still live there).

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Fordham University

Home of the RAMS.

Undergrad/Grad :)

ucdcows

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 10:01:55 PM
Author: Jelly
I went to University of California, Davis (GO AGGIES!) and Sacramento State for my masters degree.
Me too! =). Nearly got into many bike accidents and ran into a pole once or twice.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
ucdcows every time I see your username I do a double-take because the largest university in Ireland is called University College Dublin - or UCD!
9.gif

goodfun7580

Shiny_Rock
I went to Florida State University and it was awesome!!
9.gif

ucdcows

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 1:49:08 PM
Author: Delster
ucdcows every time I see your username I do a double-take because the largest university in Ireland is called University College Dublin - or UCD!
9.gif
LOL. I kinda wish I was there right now instead of being couped up at home studying for my board exam!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Started at Southwest Texas University in Fall of ''02, and they changed their name to Texas State University in Summer of ''03. Graduated in ''06 after playing golf for 4 years. If I ever decide to start studying for my GRE, then my masters will be from U of H here in Houston.

mel047

Shiny_Rock
LAJennifer & aliciagirl - Double yay for ya lovely WV girls!

I went to Wheeling Jesuit University in Wheeling, WV for undergrad and am at Marshall Univ for med school!

But... really a MOUNTAINEER fan at heart!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 2:46:27 PM
Author: mel047
LAJennifer & aliciagirl - Double yay for ya lovely WV girls!

I went to Wheeling Jesuit University in Wheeling, WV for undergrad and am at Marshall Univ for med school!

But... really a MOUNTAINEER fan at heart!
If you''re WV born or raised, you have to be! I''m a Marshall grad - but I bleed the gold and blue. Congrats on med school - I miss my time spent on campus. I''m thinking of buying an apartment building in Huntington.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
USC for undergrad. Fight On!

UT for grad school. Hook''em!

I love everyone''s slogans. Too funny.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results