shape
carat
color
clarity

Collage of thin pave eternity rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cluelessL

Rough_Rock
i made this collage for my bf of the different rings i like. i really love them all! i would be one happy girl with any one of them!
I''ve tried on the vera wang, michael b & rina limor...i couldn''t find any stores around nyc that have that ritani setting. anyone know of a store in nyc or north nj that has it?
i''d love to hear your opinions on these settings for my 1.14 ct. RB

thanks!
1.gif

lsbling.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
What size ring do you wear? Are your fingers long or shorter? Fleshy or sleeker? Fair or darker skin?

cluelessL

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/10/2005 3:47:52 PM
Author: decodelighted
What size ring do you wear? Are your fingers long or shorter? Fleshy or sleeker? Fair or darker skin?

ring size is 6, fingers are very short and stubby, and fair skin
21.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE your collage!!
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
emlove.gif

I think they would all look great!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
He he I have the same size fingers and the same fair skin..I tried on the thin Ritani and HATED it, I felt like it made my finger look like a sausage..not what I was going for. I tried the rina limor and it just did not speak to me but it looked fine one. I liked the Micheal B princess, it fits nicely and is very comfy on. I tried on the Vera Wang and I liked it but the little tiny stones on the prongs to me were distracting...does that make sense? I would say that the Micheal B won hands down in terms over all look, but the setting is pricey (2300$ if I recall correctly). Let us know what you think. Oh and if you want to try on that ritani setting call Roman Jewlers in Bridgewater NJ, it they dont carry it they will bring it in for you. HTHs.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I love the collage! And all of the rings you posted are pretty. But I think my first choice would be the Michael B. I love all of his work, but like Mata said, those settings are on the pricey side. Second would be the Pearlman''s Collection setting because I like the fact that there is pave on the prongs. Both look to be very comfortable to wear.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Off the hand, I think I prefer the Vera Wang ... but it probably would have the same effect as the Ritini - plumpin' up fingers. And the Rina Limor looks a bit too thick. I think Michael B has the best chance of working out ON the hand, but what I thought would work on my size 10+, fair, long but fleshy fingers was a little different than what actually worked (thank god something did!) I envy your size 6 too much for words. Yr. rock & gonna look B-I-G.

ETA - the Pearlman looks "medium" too ...

How did you like the three you tried on? Did any "speak" to you?

cluelessL

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/12/2005 2:07:09 PM
Author: Matatora
He he I have the same size fingers and the same fair skin..I tried on the thin Ritani and HATED it, I felt like it made my finger look like a sausage..not what I was going for. I tried the rina limor and it just did not speak to me but it looked fine one. I liked the Micheal B princess, it fits nicely and is very comfy on. I tried on the Vera Wang and I liked it but the little tiny stones on the prongs to me were distracting...does that make sense? I would say that the Micheal B won hands down in terms over all look, but the setting is pricey (2300$ if I recall correctly). Let us know what you think. Oh and if you want to try on that ritani setting call Roman Jewlers in Bridgewater NJ, it they dont carry it they will bring it in for you. HTHs.
Matatora,
Have you decided on a setting?
I need to try on that ritani! Bridgewater is about an hour from me, so I may try to drive down there if I dont find it somewhere else closer. I saw the post of the Rina Limor you tried on & it''s different from the one I saw (yours was the shared prong, & this is the 3 sided pave). I think I like the 1 sided pave of the Michael B, Vera Wang & Ritani better. I actually liked the pave on the 4 Vera Wang prongs, but wasn''t crazy about the 4 small stones on the top (or is that what you''re talking about too?) I felt like it changes the look of the RB stone.

cluelessL

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/12/2005 6:51:50 PM
Author: decodelighted
Off the hand, I think I prefer the Vera Wang ... but it probably would have the same effect as the Ritini - plumpin' up fingers. And the Rina Limor looks a bit too thick. I think Michael B has the best chance of working out ON the hand, but what I thought would work on my size 10+, fair, long but fleshy fingers was a little different than what actually worked (thank god something did!) I envy your size 6 too much for words. Yr. rock & gonna look B-I-G.

ETA - the Pearlman looks 'medium' too ...

How did you like the three you tried on? Did any 'speak' to you?
I actually loved the Vera Wang on my hand & it didnt plump my finger at all. I feel like the thin settings actually make my finger look smaller. I didnt love the 4 small diamonds on the top of the VW prongs though (the ones you see from the top).

I like different aspects of each of the ones I tried on...from the pictures I think I will really like the Ritani, but since I have yet to try it on...we shall see.
Actually most of the settings are the same width...the Michael B & Rina Limor are both approx. 2mm wide...the VW & Ritani are 1.7-1.8mm. I can't remember how wide the Pearlman's ring is...either 2 or 2.3mm. Pictures can be deceiving sometimes!

Thanks for your help so far!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so glad you put together this collage because I''m also considering some kind of thin pave band for a new solitaire that I plan to buy in january. :) You have great taste!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I tried on several RL rings...but posted the ones I liked best. I have short nail beds, IMO, and I think that affects how rings look on my hand. I have not yet made my final decision...I just started a thread, please post your opinion I am definately looking for advice.

ddcobb

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know the pricing on these settings? I think I like the 1st one more than the other two. I''m not sure what center stone Im going to use. I have a 1.04 ct brilliant G VS1 that is free if I choose to use it, which is really really nice. The only problem is, if it doesn''t look right in the setting I decide on Im going to get another center stone because I only plan on going through this once, and I don''t care to upgrade in the future. I want the ring to have that wow factor but at the same time I dont want some boulder on her finger. Any thoughts on using this diamond with one of these settings?

(1)
1RD1966ERP_big.jpg

The other two are in the posts below.

ddcobb

Rough_Rock
(2)
1RD1694BR.jpg

ddcobb

Rough_Rock
(3)
-1RD2122B_big.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
The first one is 2k and the price for the second one already had a center stone....both can be found at Pearlmans.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2005 9:16:30 PM
Author: ddcobb

Does anyone know the pricing on these settings? I think I like the 1st one more than the other two. I''m not sure what center stone Im going to use. I have a 1.04 ct brilliant G VS1 that is free if I choose to use it, which is really really nice. The only problem is, if it doesn''t look right in the setting I decide on Im going to get another center stone because I only plan on going through this once, and I don''t care to upgrade in the future. I want the ring to have that wow factor but at the same time I dont want some boulder on her finger. Any thoughts on using this diamond with one of these settings?

(1)
1RD1966ERP_big.jpg

I think a 1 carat would look beautiful in any of those settings you posted and not like a boulder at all.

joadma

Rough_Rock
I have a Ritani and love it! I think you could probably find Ritani''s somewhere in Short Hills Mall; have you checked there? Btw, I love all the pics from your collage!
30.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
The third ring is ~$4500. All three are gorgeous...I''ve tried them all. The first one has a super thin band...make sure you see them in person if you can...you should be able to try them on at your local Bailey Banks & Biddle...you might have to ask if they have any that are not in the case, at my local store, the 1st ring is not in the case, but they do have it.

cluelessL

Rough_Rock
I just realized that this post has be revived! i''ve changed my collage slightly since my last post, so here is the new version with the current front-runners...

344%3B6%3A9923232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2329%3D829%3D8%3A7%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B4%3B%3C4%3C%3A68ot1lsi

I like how the Pearlmans, Gonshor, & Firenze heads have the pave on the prongs and around the basket, but the "fishtail pave" shank on the Vera Wang and some of the Michal B...but at this point its out of my hands, since the bf asked me to not be involved - he wants some element of surprise.

Joadma- I did go to Short Hills Mall, but couldn''t find that Ritani. BB&B only had the halo Ritani settings. However, I did ask Fortunoff to order a sample for me & it should be in next weekend for me to try on
36.gif

rockaholic

Rough_Rock
Thank you cluelessL for posting your collage. It''s perfect for eternity band lovers. I was so surprised to see the Vera Wang setting, where did you get that image? I haven''t been able to find one since Vera Wang''s website is in Flash, I wasn''t able to download from there... We tried on that setting a few weeks ago and I fell in love with it! Yes, we ordered it already and it''s currently being made. Funny thing is, what I loved about the setting is the four small stones on the top of the prongs, I really liked how it looks on the diamond.

Yes, Michael B is very pricey, I don''t remember exactly how much the one you have in your collage costs but the VW one is definitely $$$ too (don''t mind sharing the info here on PS) it''s $2700...

I will definitely post pictures once I have the ring in hand... Good luck with your search! All those rings are lovely, so it really doesn''t matter which one you end up choosing.

~rockaholic~
PS Oh, almost forgot to tell you, mine is a cushion...

ddcobb

Rough_Rock
Will 1ct be big enough for that wow factor? This is what I was thinking. My g/f is skinny and has skinny fingers. therefore the ring should look bigrger on her from the start. Now taking into the account the size of the band I think it just makes the diamong look bigger. I will be buying the identical styler for the wedding band. The only thing I would add is diamonds on the prongs. and possibly on the sides. I dont really like the michael b pave that has the diamonds rows that look more like random chips than tiny round diamonds as seen here. My other problem is I want this to be a complete suprise so I dont think i can take her in to try on rings without setting off all kinds of alarms.

One last thing. Anyone know the pricing on these and the plus and minuses of them as well.

(4)
pave2.jpg

ddcobb

Rough_Rock
bling.jpg

(5)

ddcobb

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/4/2005 9:22:14 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 10/4/2005 9:16:30 PM
Author: ddcobb

(1)
1RD1966ERP_big.jpg

I think a 1 carat would look beautiful in any of those settings you posted and not like a boulder at all.
but do u think it will have that wow factor. I want it to be stunning yet simple. Obviously if I use the diamond I have I can spend considerably more on the band and setting. Whicdh ring from those with 1st hand experience would achieve what I am after and looks the best in person.

rockaholic

Rough_Rock
I think all of the settings you are considering will give the ring a wow factor. 1ct is a good size, and if you put it on a setting that has a thin band, it would make the stone appear even bigger. The pave diamonds on the band will give it some extra sparkle too! That''s why I love this kind of setting, it''s very sparkly!

Good luck witht your surprise!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread! Such yummy goodies!
30.gif
30.gif

I started a kodak gallery of all my pave goodies. You''ve inspired me yet my bf may want to hurt you!
31.gif

cluelessL

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/4/2005 11:16:11 PM
Author: rockaholic
Thank you cluelessL for posting your collage. It''s perfect for eternity band lovers. I was so surprised to see the Vera Wang setting, where did you get that image? I haven''t been able to find one since Vera Wang''s website is in Flash, I wasn''t able to download from there... We tried on that setting a few weeks ago and I fell in love with it! Yes, we ordered it already and it''s currently being made. Funny thing is, what I loved about the setting is the four small stones on the top of the prongs, I really liked how it looks on the diamond.

Yes, Michael B is very pricey, I don''t remember exactly how much the one you have in your collage costs but the VW one is definitely $$$ too (don''t mind sharing the info here on PS) it''s $2700...

I will definitely post pictures once I have the ring in hand... Good luck with your search! All those rings are lovely, so it really doesn''t matter which one you end up choosing.

~rockaholic~
PS Oh, almost forgot to tell you, mine is a cushion...
I got the VW pictures from the store where I tried the ring on. I couldn''t find any pictures of it online, so I called the store & asked them to snap a pic and email me.
I posted pictures of it in this thread - link
Ohh I love cushions - your ring is going to look amazing! I cannot wait to see your ring once you get it! Where did you order the ring from?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ddcobb-

the pictures you posted are michael b rings from Pearlman''s Website all of the prices are listed there. His prices are very competitive and in line with the cost of high end designer settings. Michael b is fabulous and if I had the budget would buy one in a heartbeat.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I have been emailing with Bill Pearlman about my favorite Ritani, and all I can say is what a wonderful man!

rockaholic

Rough_Rock
hi cluelessL!

I''m very excited about my ring too! Ordered it at a local jewelers in NYC called Michael C. Fina... Have you been there? They have a really good collection of designer pieces... The stone however, I bought from an online jeweler, got a GREAT DEAL on it, so decided to spend more $$ on the setting. You can find a close up of the ring on verawang.com, but it''s a flash site so can''t download the images.

I will post pics as soon as I have it in hand.

~rockaholic~

cluelessL

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/5/2005 3:59:39 PM
Author: rockaholic
hi cluelessL!

I''m very excited about my ring too! Ordered it at a local jewelers in NYC called Michael C. Fina... Have you been there? They have a really good collection of designer pieces... The stone however, I bought from an online jeweler, got a GREAT DEAL on it, so decided to spend more $$ on the setting. You can find a close up of the ring on verawang.com, but it''s a flash site so can''t download the images.

I will post pics as soon as I have it in hand.

~rockaholic~
hi rockaholic,
yes, i am familiar with michael c. fina - that is actually where i tried on that setting too...and that is the store that emailed me the picture of the ring. i think the one on the vw site is different...it looks like it has a thin halo around it, but its hard to tell from the picture. i was able to download the picture of the one i found...is this the same one you''re talking about?
~L

vwpave1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results