shape
carat
color
clarity

Clarity of my old stone

Isobel

Shiny_Rock
I know I need to get to jeweller for a proper appraisal, but unfortunately don't live anywhere near one, but hopefully will get to one at some point.

I was wondering, just by looking at the video & photos of you could tell me what you would say the clarity is or may be?

20210806_163405.jpg

20210806_163423.jpg

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
It looks really eye clean like VVS. In saying that, I don't have Eagle eyes. Are there any inclusions that you can see?

Isobel

Shiny_Rock
It looks really eye clean like VVS. In saying that, I don't have Eagle eyes. Are there any inclusions that you can see?

No, I can't see any black inclusions in the stone. I'm just not sure how the clarity works lol.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clarity is graded face up with a 10x loupe.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Whatever the clarity, that's a gorgeous ring!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks pretty clean under the table but based on the video and 2 photos I see what appears to be a couple of feathers in the areas between the table and the girdle .... I'd have to have it in hand to see for sure ...

If you purchased it what did the listing say? Or perhaps you inherited it? May be worthwhile to send to GIA for a diamond report.

Isobel

Shiny_Rock
Looks pretty clean under the table but based on the video and 2 photos I see what appears to be a couple of feathers in the areas between the table and the girdle .... I'd have to have it in hand to see for sure ...

If you purchased it what did the listing say? Or perhaps you inherited it? May be worthwhile to send to GIA for a diamond report.

I see what you mean, but I can't see any feathers? I thought it was just the way the refractions are? It was originally my grampas pinky ring x

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, you have the diamond ring in hand and can inspect it closely -- you are the best judge of whether there are any eye-visible inclusions.

Did you clean the diamond/ring before you took the photos?

If these are pics & video are on your phone, have you already zoomed in on the images?

If you have a loupe or magnifying glass in the house (or order one from Amazon), that's another way to check clarity.

Beautiful heirloom diamond ring by the way!

Isobel

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, you have the diamond ring in hand and can inspect it closely -- you are the best judge of whether there are any eye-visible inclusions.

Did you clean the diamond/ring before you took the photos?

If these are pics & video are on your phone, have you already zoomed in on the images?

If you have a loupe or magnifying glass in the house (or order one from Amazon), that's another way to check clarity.

Beautiful heirloom diamond ring by the way!

I have noticed that the diamond gets dirty really easily, that really bugs me lol. I must admit, I don't think I did clean it before taking the photos, video. I'll give it a clean and take a couple more photos. I've used a little magnification glass thing and don't see any inclusions in the stone. Wasn't sure what the stages of clarity is of diamonds.

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
I can't comment on the clarity - as others have said, you are the one best placed to evaluate this with a loupe. But I loooove the the Belcher style setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results