shape
carat
color
clarity

clarity grade is based on clouds not shown in SI2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oceanbeach

Shiny_Rock

Hi, I''m posting here for the first time. : ) This site is great and I''ve learned a lot!

I''m considering a SI2 stone which has a comment "clarity grade is based on clouds not shown". I was told that it is eye-clean, and the clouds are Indistinguishable to the naked eye, and even hard to see under a loupe. Also, this stone scored Very High for brilliance, fire, and scintillation in the GemEx test. Should I still be concerned about the clouds? Looking at the picture of the stone and the DiamXray picture, it seems kind of fuggy.

I''ve read here that a stone Si1 or lower whose grade is based on clouds would look dull (by Garry?). Is this true for this stone as well?

Thanks,
Toni

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
it is possible if i saw the stone i would like it.

But the rules are never touch SI2 and be careful of SI1 where clouds are the grade maker.

From the Xray I guess I know the vendor and you should be able to get a straight answer.
How does it look beside another similar stone?
Date: 4/5/2006 11:26:23 PM
Author:oceanbeach

Hi, I''m posting here for the first time. : ) This site is great and I''ve learned a lot!

I''m considering a SI2 stone which has a comment ''clarity grade is based on clouds not shown''. I was told that it is eye-clean, and the clouds are Indistinguishable to the naked eye, and even hard to see under a loupe. Also, this stone scored Very High for brilliance, fire, and scintillation in the GemEx test. Should I still be concerned about the clouds? Looking at the picture of the stone and the DiamXray picture, it seems kind of fuggy.

I''ve read here that a stone Si1 or lower whose grade is based on clouds would look dull (by Garry?). Is this true for this stone as well?

Thanks,
Toni

oceanbeach

Shiny_Rock
Hi Garry,

Thank you for your response. I was hoping you would comment on this. : )
Actually we were comparing three eye-clean SI2 stones, and the person recommended this stone the most. I''m still concerned about the clouds, so I may stick to the rule you mentioned.

So, could SI2 be a nice stone if the clouds are not grade maker and other inclusions are o.k. ones?

Thanks,
Toni

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/6/2006 12:14:57 AM
Author: oceanbeach

So, could SI2 be a nice stone if the clouds are not grade maker and other inclusions are o.k. ones?

Thanks,
Toni
yes- often people under 25 can see sI2 - especially after they know where the mark(s) is/are.
some people can live with that, some cant.
Rarely can people aver 40 see nice SI2''s marks.
I reject about 50% of sI2''s as being too visible.

oceanbeach

Shiny_Rock
Hi Garry,

Thank you. I'm asking people's opinion about three stones in another thread, and one of the stone is this stone with clouds.
Could you please check them out and let me know your thoughts about the clouds and stones?

p.s. also as you mentioned before, I will ask the vendor about this stone as well because I think they are the vendor I could trust.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results