shape
carat
color
clarity

Chuppah Inspiration?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
I''m looking for some chuppah inspiration, since I''m thinking about changing the design of my chuppah. Any pics are greatly appreciated! Here are some of my favorites:

Branches and flower chuppahs:

http://blog.karentran.com/?tag=white-orchid-chuppah
(my fave)

http://www.weddingchicks.com/tag/chuppah/

Contemporary chuppahs:

http://www.projectwedding.com/photo/browse?photo_to_show=first&tag=chuppah&thumbs_page=3

Updated traditional chuppah:

http://www.projectwedding.com/photo/browse?tag=chuppah&thumbs_page=3&photo_to_show=490093

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Just bumping this thread for you Miya!

Come on guys! I know that some of you had them at your wedding
35.gif

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
Thanks honey!!! Hopefully I''ll find something that my mom, my budget, and I can all live with!!!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I can''t remember who had them, but if you search Haven''s threads, I do know she had one (which she graciously donated, she''s such a sweetie). Good luck

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Hi miya you might want to be careful with that first link my anti-virus flashed up stating there is a trojan there and halted the connection

good luck finding a chuppah ;-)

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Hi Miya! There are a bunch listed here link and some links to other Jewish stuff. There are tons and tons of chuppah threads on PS if you search. I want to find pics from the fall wedding I just went to with beautiful fall leaves and roses all over the chuppah...but what season are YOU getting married in and what are your colors?

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
I have seen some pretty amazing (and some pretty tacky) Chuppahs, (i''m not jewish, just a wedding planner so I''ve seen a lot). I feel like so many of them look the same with just white pieces of cloth. My one couple did one that looked so pretty, there was no cloth, just 4 very large (over 6 feet) cherry blossom trees. Then the tops of the trees were arched over, and pulled together. It was so elegant and romantic, very beautiful and impressive with out being "too much". I will try and see if I can find a picture of it for you.

Where are you located? Maybe I could just give you the florists name who did it instead.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I saw one of these in person: www.Ilovechuppahs.com It was amazing and very modern. I was so worried it was going to be tacky but it actually turned out quite nice. Tree''s are a big trend right now. I''ve seen 4 or so in the past week.

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies!!

Swimmer: I''m getting married May 22nd in Houston (inside because it will already be quite warm). It is going to be a mostly ivory wedding, with touches of silver, black, and champagne. Very classic. I''m getting married in a country club and there won''t be a lot of room for a huge chuppah, but I want something pretty. The words I keep coming back to are simple, elegant, classic (with a little modern twist), clean, light. Hope that helps!

Nakedfinger: I''m in Houston. I would LOOOOVE to see a pic of that chuppah--I''m part Japanese and grew up in DC so I love cherry blossoms. It may not be possible for me in May but maybe I could use some other flowering tree? That sounds beautiful.

Emeraldlover: Thanks for the link! I''ve seen that pic before and I like it, but I think it''s a little bit too modern compared to the rest of the wedding. But I''m glad you told me since I''ve been wondering whether it really looked good in real life!

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Oh ok, i''m in NYC so that wouldnt work
2.gif

Here is a pic of what I am referring to....

cherryblossomchuppah.JPG

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
ohhhh so pretty, wish it would work at my venue.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results