shape
carat
color
clarity

Chunky chunky!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2008 3:12:26 PM
Author: Dani

Date: 3/22/2008 3:08:27 PM
Author: scarlet16

Date: 3/22/2008 3:03:38 PM

Author: Dani

Scarlet!

I think you should call Leon and set that baby in a thin-shanked pave setting just like diamondnut''s new set over in SMTR. Absolutely gorgeous! Get the matching band too and call it a day. That would be amazing.
30.gif
Honey you read my mind! But I''m so fickle...I saw Iheartdiamonds ring today and LOVED that too.

ARGHH too many choices. Plus, I don''t know if I can spend $2000+ right now. That might have to wait until fall.

See, I am so much more into the thin-shanked rings...When you see pics of my set, you''ll see why!!!!
2.gif
I just think they really make the center diamond pop (plus, makes it look bigger for sure, which is an added bonus)!

31.gif

eta: I wonder actually how much that set by Leon would go for? I''m curious!
You and me both. I think she only said "reasonable" in her post. I''ll probably shoot Leon an email after I talk to Mark on Monday. I do love the fact that the stone looks bigger but my old ring was so intricate I feel like it need that something extra, know what I mean?

BTW where are your pictures girly???

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2008 11:09:30 AM

CrookedRock- Funny story, Mark and I were talking about you yesterday and he's like isn't she done with PS since she has that stone? I said Mark, PS is a lifestyle! This is the stone I've been talking about for ages! I was going to have take a look while you were there but forgot to ask you! I just needed a little PS approval but I was pretty certain as of last night that the search was over. Hmm, I didn't even think to ask him if they were from the same cutter but I will! BTW-are you guys thinking of coming up to NY to pick up the ring from Leon? If so, we should DEFINITELY do the NYC get-together then!!!
31.gif
DYING to see that ring!!!
Too funny Scarlet! I am sure he cringed when you told him that, but we'll have to discuss that when we do a GTG! I really wish he would have showed it to me, and I am surprised he didn't bc he showed me some pretty neat stuff while I was there! I am so glad you found one though, and the fact that it was the first one just goes to show what is meant to be will be...
I would be interested to know about the cutter for sure, they just seem so similar... Were you able to source yours on bluenile, bc I was...?
I don't think we are coming up to get the ring from Leon. If my bf's sis is coming to Fl when it is done, we will probably have her bring it, but if not it will be shipped
32.gif
. Leon swears he has only ever lost one ring in the mail, so let's knock on wood!
I would be happy to come back up for a weekend that there is a GTG though. We will probably be up sometime during the summer anyway. Besides, even when the ring is done, I still have to wait for him to ask... If everything goes as planned it should be done by the end of April, and hopefully my BF will do his thing before my Bday trip Memorial Day weekend. He knows I am not a big fan of proposals on "special" days...

So what have you decide on for the setting? Are you going with Leon? Did Mark say anything about going with Leon to you? Fill me in!
31.gif

ETA: You know how jealous I am going to be if you do that east west setting! I love it! And by the way, Leon will do white gold if the platinum thing is what is holding you back... But I would have to guess that that setting would be right around 3k in platinum. Ask him for both prices!

Oh and did you and Mark discuss my Leon? He actually saw the sketches, so he knows the details. He may not remember though. But if he does it would be cool if you were the one PSer with the inside scoop! LOL

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2008 9:42:28 PM
Author: CrookedRock
Date: 3/21/2008 11:09:30 AM

CrookedRock- Funny story, Mark and I were talking about you yesterday and he''s like isn''t she done with PS since she has that stone? I said Mark, PS is a lifestyle! This is the stone I''ve been talking about for ages! I was going to have take a look while you were there but forgot to ask you! I just needed a little PS approval but I was pretty certain as of last night that the search was over. Hmm, I didn''t even think to ask him if they were from the same cutter but I will! BTW-are you guys thinking of coming up to NY to pick up the ring from Leon? If so, we should DEFINITELY do the NYC get-together then!!!
31.gif
DYING to see that ring!!!

Too funny Scarlet! I am sure he cringed when you told him that, but we''ll have to discuss that when we do a GTG! I really wish he would have showed it to me, and I am surprised he didn''t bc he showed me some pretty neat stuff while I was there! I am so glad you found one though, and the fact that it was the first one just goes to show what is meant to be will be...

I would be interested to know about the cutter for sure, they just seem so similar... Were you able to source yours on bluenile, bc I was...?

I don''t think we are coming up to get the ring from Leon. If my bf''s sis is coming to Fl when it is done, we will probably have her bring it, but if not it will be shipped
32.gif
. Leon swears he has only ever lost one ring in the mail, so let''s knock on wood!

I would be happy to come back up for a weekend that there is a GTG though. We will probably be up sometime during the summer anyway. Besides, even when the ring is done, I still have to wait for him to ask... If everything goes as planned it should be done by the end of April, and hopefully my BF will do his thing before my Bday trip Memorial Day weekend. He knows I am not a big fan of proposals on ''special'' days...

So what have you decide on for the setting? Are you going with Leon? Did Mark say anything about going with Leon to you? Fill me in!
31.gif

ETA: You know how jealous I am going to be if you do that east west setting! I love it! And by the way, Leon will do white gold if the platinum thing is what is holding you back... But I would have to guess that that setting would be right around 3k in platinum. Ask him for both prices!

Oh and did you and Mark discuss my Leon? He actually saw the sketches, so he knows the details. He may not remember though. But if he does it would be cool if you were the one PSer with the inside scoop! LOL

Hmmm...I should check Bluenile but it''s probably gone by now. I just sent Mark an email but forgot to ask about the cutter. I''ll do that when he responds.

I''m glad you guys will be up here at some point! We can''t wait to see what you end up with...plus it''ll be nice to put a face with a name!

For the setting, I''m leaning towards a temp setting for a little bit. We''re spending quite a bit more than we thought we would on the stone and we have the wedding to pay for in August. I start working in September so maybe something during the holidays. As for then, I''m still up for any suggestions. I will still email Leon though...who knows, maybe he''ll surprise me with pricing. If I remember correctly, in 2006, Tiger''s was $1800. I''d love to do east/west though.

And the only thing Mark said about you and Leon was that you had been there for 3 hours. I knew you wanted to keep some secrets so I didn''t ask. No worries...we''ll all still be surprised during your grand unveiling!!
35.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
It would be great to put a face with the name!

Please keep me posted on what Leon says, I would be interested to hear the difference between the wg and the platinum... It might make me cringe, considering I think I am going to win the priciest Leon award...
38.gif
Poor BF!!! (literally!) LOL

Not a bad idea to go with a pretty temp, and just upgrade that later. It''s such a pretty stone, so I bet a solitaire would look fantastic. Do you like Leon''s solitaire, I think it is stunning, and actually considered it for a sec...

Oh, and considering you were the one who found my stone first, I would have loved if he shared it with you... Really can''t wait for that GTG!Think Mid summer!

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Good eye, and good call girl! I just talked to Mark and he said it is from the same cutter!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I am starting to impress myself with this cushion busines!! LOL
It''s really gorgeous! (But I guess I am biased)
Have you talked to Leon yet??

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
I asked Mark and he said it would be FAR more than my budget so I decided to hold off until my upgrade.
31.gif
It would just be a waste of such amazing work.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Well at least it is in the future... So are you going with Mark then, bc his work is fantastic too..?? These stone honestly stand alone bc of how unique they are. You should be able to find some great settings for it. Any in mind?? If you went with something simple to showcase the diamond then down the road you could always put a colored stone in the setting when you decide to upgrade. Maybe something with pretty pave, maybe split shank...

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
3.gif
I can''t wait to see both of your rings!!

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
This is potentially what I''m thinking...depending on what Mark tells me today (ie. pricing).
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/photoshop-help-ritani-endless-love.81585/

If it''s still out of budget I might put it in a plain wg solitaire and do something more "permanent" in the fall when I have a little more spare cash lying around. I''m finishing up law school this semester (and not working for the first time) and with the expenses of the wedding, our budget is tight...and I already spent more than FI wanted on the stone.
39.gif

CROSS your fingers for me that Mark gives me good news!!!

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2008 1:12:05 PM
Author: LegacyGirl
3.gif
I can''t wait to see both of your rings!!

Me too! Me too!
36.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
That''s pretty much they type of setting I was going to suggest!!!

Like this:
http://www.jamesallen.com/products/item_412-2225_build.asp?module=setting

http://www.jamesallen.com/products/item_412-2047_build.asp?module=setting

http://www.jamesallen.com/products/item_412-2055_build.asp?module=setting

I think it will be gorgeous! And kudos for finding a guy cool with the whole upgrade thing. Mine is def not!! Can''t wait for that NYC gtg! I''ll have to bring LegacyGirl and her new pretty ring with me!
1.gif

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Ack! Just got off the phone w/ Mark...the Ritani is still pricey. Seemingly close to what I remember Tiger said her Leon ring cost a few years ago. Just sent an email to Leon to actually get a quote (since you never know, especially after seeing BECG's price)!

Split shank is def. not for me! The other two are pretty but the heads for some reason are bothering me. UGH...I'm so picky.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
You deserve to be picky! You gotta love it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results