shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas Movies

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
To me, there is no better way to get into the Holiday spirit than to spend a chilly night at home watching a Christmas movie. I have already watched two Holiday movies this week, and want to know what your favorites are so that I can add them to my list.

So far, I have watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas. There are more in my arsenal, but I want to know which Christmas movies you will be cozying up to this season.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Elf!!!

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
It's a Wonderful Life
White Christmas
All of the old Rankin Bass Movies
Miracle on 34th St.

(Oh my - I think I'm showing my age!!)

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
All of these are wonderful and are making me realize how many hours I am going to spend watching!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some of my favorites are:

Elf
A Christmas Story
Pretty much any movie on the Hallmark channel and/or the ABC family channel
Love Actually
It's a Wonderful Life
Christmas in Connecticut

Some of my favorites that aren't technically Christmas movies but they're set during the holiday season are:

Serendipity
Bridget Jones' Diary
You've Got Mail
When Harry Met Sally

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's A Wonderful Life
Love love love this movie...I never get tired of it. :love:
Also love Miracle on 34th street

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Muppet Family Christmas!

I'm weird and also watch Nightmare Before Christmas and Edward Scissorhands (the main character is explaining why it snows so its Christmassy).

ETA: HOME ALONE!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Zoe|1320977410|3059194 said:
Some of my favorites are:

Elf
A Christmas Story
Pretty much any movie on the Hallmark channel and/or the ABC family channel
Love Actually
It's a Wonderful Life
Christmas in Connecticut

Some of my favorites that aren't technically Christmas movies but they're set during the holiday season are:

Serendipity
Bridget Jones' Diary
You've Got Mail
When Harry Met Sally

ILU.

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
White Christmas and Holiday Inn.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
The Ref!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
My traditional Christmas films are -
Elf
Breakfast at Tiffany's - I always wrap the presents to this
The Great Gatsby

Apart from Ef, not an overly Festive choice but it's my own little Christmas indulgence as I am usually able to watch the bottom two alone with a glass of wine.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Okie_girl|1320982454|3059270 said:
White Christmas and Holiday Inn.

Ditto + Love actually.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the Home Alone movies. And I don't know why but Toy Story feels like a Holiday movie to me too. The Ref always cracks me up. I also enjoy Scrooged.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
A Christmas Story
Home Alone 1 and 2
Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

Those are my favorite. On Christmas day you know we have A Christmas Story on for 24 hours on TBS! I also loooove how Rudolph's eyes get all crazy when he says "she thinks I'm cuuuttteeee!" LOVE IT!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big ditto to all the Xmas movies listed so far - my personal faves are "Miracle on 34th Street" (original version) and "A Charlie Brown Christmas"

iLander

Ideal_Rock
LOVE THE MUPPET FAMILY CHRISTMAS!! :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Here's the first part on Youtube, for the uninitiated; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtgYDpvRCMI

IT's the best ever!

I also like "Christmas with the Kranks", which was based on a book by John Grisham called "Skipping Christmas". It has Jamie Lee Curtis and Tim Allen and it's funny. A couple decide that they will skip Christmas and go on a cruise instead, but their neighbors and family have a LOT to say about that.

I love it, it's so hilarious. . . :lol: :lol:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Bad Santa. Christmas Eve tradition.

I do love A Christmas Story, though.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Christmas with the Kranks! Cool, I've never seen it! I'll have to get that this year.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Elf
Love Actually (I'm normally the type to wait until after Thanksgiving for this, but this year? Screw it. I might just watch it tonight)
It's a Wonderful Life
The Nightmare Before Christmas (I'm a weirdo)
Claymation Christmas
Snoopy Christmas (no idea what the real name is, but that's what I've called it for ages)

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Muppets, Love Actually and A Christmas Story :love: :love:

I love all holiday movies, even the cheesy ones on ABC Family.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In no particular order -

A Christmas Story - I saw if for the first time in 1985 with my husband (then boyfriend) and my mom and his parents. I thought we'd all die laughing. A favorite every year since then.

Scrooge - with Albert Finney and Alec Guinness - it's a musical with some really good songs, like "I Hate People", "Thank You Very Much", "I Like Life". Albert Finney is a very convincing and despicable Scrooge. My personal favorite Scrooge movie.

Santa Clause II. Just too cute.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the yearly Pricescope threads on holiday movies and music and always take part in them. (I also love the yearly thread on Christmas cookies and baking although I am sometimes too busy or lazy to contribute to it!) So I am not trying to "sabotage" this great thread by posting information from past years. As a former, would-be historian, though, I just value old information as well as new information...and I hate to lose great information that has been posted in the past!

So I wanted to post a link to a to good 2009 thread that had a lot of excellent Christmas movies discussed in it!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-is-your-favorite-christmas-holiday-movie.129826/?hilit=Sullavan']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-is-your-favorite-christmas-holiday-movie.129826/?hilit=Sullavan[/URL]

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1321007277|3059451 said:
I love the Home Alone movies. And I don't know why but Toy Story feels like a Holiday movie to me too. The Ref always cracks me up. I also enjoy Scrooged.

Me too! I own all of them! :bigsmile:

ZOE, i love any movie on the Hallmark channel and/or the ABC family channel and Lifetime! :bigsmile:

I love the classics

White Christmas
All of the old Rankin Bass Movies
Miracle on 34th St.
Holiday Inn

eta: Charlie Brown Christmas

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two other movies I associate with Christmas are, "The Godfather" and, "The Odessa File", both of which have a lot of violence in them and which are not meant to be about Christmas. I associate them with with Christmas because they have such enormously evocative Christmas scenes in them. The one in, "The Godfather" takes place on Fifth Avenue in New York City with all the holiday lights. The one in, "The Odessa File" (if I remember correctly) takes place in Germany (although it could be France), with Perry Como's, "A Christmas Dream" playing in the background. I found and find the Christmas impression indelible.

Deb/AGBF

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1321114851|3060305 said:
Two other movies I associate with Christmas are, "The Godfather" and, "The Odessa File", both of which have a lot of violence in them and which are not meant to be about Christmas. I associate them with with Christmas because they have such enormously evocative Christmas scenes in them. The one in, "The Godfather" takes place on Fifth Avenue in New York City with all the holiday lights. The one in, "The Odessa File" (if I remember correctly) takes place in Germany (although it could be France), with Perry Como's, "A Christmas Dream" playing in the background. I found and find the Christmas impression indelible.

Deb/AGBF

I have not seen Odessa File, is it good?

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
Oh gosh, I have so many that I love that it's hard to pick! Here are a few that I love watching every year.

Rudolph
Elf
Year Without a Santa Claus
The Polar Express
Both the animated and non-animated Grinch movies

There really isn't anything like watching Christmas movies at night with all the lights off in the room but the tree.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
White Christmas. I usually watch it the day after Thanksgiving to begin getting ready for the holiday. I'm such a sap I cry EVERY TIME the general comes down the stairs in his uniform....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
iLander|1321042815|3059774 said:
LOVE THE MUPPET FAMILY CHRISTMAS!! :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Here's the first part on Youtube, for the uninitiated; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtgYDpvRCMI

IT's the best ever!

that was GREAT and the crazy thing is that I remember seeing that as a kid! I will have to send the link to my sister! :appl:
Fozzie is so cute. waka waka :lol:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy|1321114989|3060308 said:
AGBF|1321114851|3060305 said:

I have not seen Odessa File, is it good?

I think so, Skippy. It is obviously not a family movie given the violence, at least if your family includes young children! It is also dated, but in my opinion that does not matter because it rises to the level of a classic film. It is based on a Frederick Forsyth novel, supposedly one based on a true story. It is moving and exciting and evocative. I have seen it many times. I do recommend it, although I am sure that there are some people in the world who will not enjoy it!

Deb/AGBF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results