shape
carat
color
clarity

Charlotte pants sale

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ok, thanks Mara....

are the lengths stated on the website true? I normally need a 28" inseam for jeans...so the 31.5 are going to need to be taken to the tailor then hey???

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the inseams are somewhat true, mine were actually even longer than listed on there....mine were not 31.5" for pants, it was more like 32.5". so yes if you are shorter, they will have to be tailored, or just wear very high heels!! hehe.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Hmm I hope the capri doesn''t look like pants on me since I am only 5''3". That would suck.

One of the ebay vendors says that the waist of a S can stretch to 30", and stretch to 33" for a M. I don''t know if that''s right, but it gives you an idea. I think my butt is bigger than that, so I hope I can pull it over my butt. hehehe.

laine

Brilliant_Rock
qtiekiki--I'm 5'4" and the capris are a little longer than I like, but they aren't too long, maybe a inch or two longer than on the model. The pants are good with heels, but a little long with flip flops, though still wearable.

As for sizing in general, I'm a 1/2 and the smalls fit me well. They're sorta snug when I first put them on, but then loosen up as I wear them. And I know my hips are way bigger than 30 inches and I have no trouble getting the pants up over it, so that ebay vendor is a little off.

But, I was wearing a pair today, and the back seam came unstitched! I was at home, and I sew, so its not a huge deal, but if I had paid full price for these pants, I'd be pretty pissed. Has this happened to anyone else?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha laine, no i have never had that happen to me with their pants...the first year after wearing this one pair for 3 months straight, one of the seams came a little loose but it didn''t split or anything...plus i had worn the heck out of them so i figured that was just wear and tear! hehe.

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Well, thats good to know. I figured it was probably just a fluke. My boyfriend laughed at me for blowing out the back of my pants, but I''ll get them sewed up.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep when mine was coming loose slowly, greg was giving me lots of grief!!!
20.gif
hahaha. MEN!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/15/2006 12:00:08 PM
Author: Mara
oh and they are totally not too low rise as long as you don''t get a too small size. mine fit me around my lower waist but they don''t ride down or anything.
Another question about the low rise thing... are they really as far below the navel as the models wear them? I usually like my pants about no more than 1.5 inches below the navel. These just look so comfortable to wear, so I''m hoping they''ll fit my style!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
qt,

did yours come in the mail yet??? how do they fit???

ETA: CRAP! I went to order a pair and of course they are out of size M...in every color!
so my choice is S or L......which I dont think either will work....looks like I'll have to wait I guess....bummer!

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2006 2:56:53 AM
Author: Kim N
Another question about the low rise thing... are they really as far below the navel as the models wear them? I usually like my pants about no more than 1.5 inches below the navel. These just look so comfortable to wear, so I''m hoping they''ll fit my style!

Kim--they''re definitely low, but not as low as on the model. Mine fit about 1.5 to 2 inches below my navel. They can ride a little low in the back though, I have to make sure they''re tugged up a bit when I sit down.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Mines are coming in tomorrow. I will let you know how it fit when I get it. I will see if they are snug or not since we are about the same size (I am 5'3", 110lbs), then you can find out if a S will work.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/17/2006 7:02:03 PM
Author: laine

Date: 9/17/2006 2:56:53 AM
Author: Kim N

Kim--they''re definitely low, but not as low as on the model. Mine fit about 1.5 to 2 inches below my navel. They can ride a little low in the back though, I have to make sure they''re tugged up a bit when I sit down.
Thanks, Laine!

And jetmal, I ran into the same thing you did about the size... too late to get M!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Where''s the ups man? I was hoping I would come home to the package, but no luck. I am just waiting, waiting, waiting and getting very anxious.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
qt...anything yet????? did you order the M or S????? I can''t wait to find out how they fit you!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I got them finally at 7:30. Geez. I ordered M. One of the pants feels a little more fitted than the other one, but overall fit nicely. I think a S would be too tight.

They are super long. The pants are 5" too long for me to wear with flip flop. The capri hits right above my ankle at that weird length, but the inseam is 24.5" as posted on shopbop (I need to take off 3.5"). The short shorts are very much like picture of the model, but I think I will shorten them by 1.5" to lengthen my legs. I love the waist line, definitely very flattering. I kind of think my thighs look big in them tho.

Maybe I will post pics of me in them tomorrow.

I just check shopbop and they have M for pants in sand right now.

laine

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered a few more pairs around the same time as qtiekiki, thought I'd post an update as well. I got the navy pants--way brighter than they looked online, I'm hoping they fade.

I also got a pair of the "genie capris." I liked the color (cemento) and planned on shortening them to regular capris, but actually, I like them as is. They look weird with the bottom band showing like in the model picture, but with it tucked up a little further, they look pretty much like regular capris. I know they still have that style in M, so I thought I'd put it out there, if anyone was interested.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I had to cut about 4 inches off my pants. The Capris hit above the ankle, but I don''t mind that length.

They had sand in my size, which I didn''t see before. I ordered the beach skirt too!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2006 1:15:54 AM
Author: qtiekiki
I got them finally at 7:30. Geez. I ordered M. One of the pants feels a little more fitted than the other one, but overall fit nicely. I think a S would be too tight.

They are super long. The pants are 5'' too long for me to wear with flip flop. The capri hits right above my ankle at that weird length, but the inseam is 24.5'' as posted on shopbop (I need to take off 3.5''). The short shorts are very much like picture of the model, but I think I will shorten them by 1.5'' to lengthen my legs. I love the waist line, definitely very flattering. I kind of think my thighs look big in them tho.

Maybe I will post pics of me in them tomorrow.

I just check shopbop and they have M for pants in sand right now.
i''m 5'' and i can''t figure out if the capris would hit me at that wierd length too. the pants are definitely too long on me, but i''d hate to get capris only to find out i''d have to hem those too!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m 5''7" and the capris hit me right above my ankle as well. but these are Large''s. I would imagine with a S or M the length would be sized appropriately right? like they aren''t going to have the same inseam on a L as they would a S you think?

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
jcrow....I have this problem with ALL capris I buy....they are supposed to be capris, but they end up looking slightly like floods, right at the ankle bone. The inseam is shorter, than say a size large, but, I guess I just have short legs and they just fall lower on me
7.gif

qt....thanks so much for the fitting update...so that confirms my suspicions that I should get the M. Well, I really wanted black ones, so I''ll hahe to keep checking to see if they get some more in that size. BUt, then I have the headache of finding someone to hem them for me, as I''m sure they''ll be 5 " too long on me too, and being a personal trainer/aerobics inst., and a Mom who helps out at school alot....I dont see me wearing 4 " stilettos with these pants. I was mostly interested in them cuz Mara said they are sooo comfy, yet flattering.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
jetmal- even with 5" wedges, the pants drag the ground. sigh... so i know what you mean...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results