shape
carat
color
clarity

Charlotte pants sale

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Ok I wanted the Charlotte pants when Mara first posted about it, but I was too cheap to spend the money on them then. Anyways they were still in the back of my mind, so I went to shopbop yesterday to see if there were still any left. Well they are on sale for half the price or less depending on the color. I figure I am in LA and it''s still pretty hot, so I still have a chance to wear them this year plus it sounds like a good staple piece for summer. So if you were like me, you should go check it out.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah they have been on sale a while now...i think it was posted previously as well. i got a bunch of pairs about a month ago...can't beat a great summer sale! i tried out the shorts too finally.

let us know what you think!!! i wore mine out recently with some PS gals and they were all 'i love your pants!!'...haha i swear these things are just awesome!

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I saw a post about the sale a few weeks ago and gave in and bought one pair to check them out. That pair arrived, and I ordered three more. For a girl who rarely spends more than $20 on a pair of pants, $100 for 4 pairs seemed like a lot, but I''m loving them.

I have pants in cemento, sand, and black, and capris in grey. What other colors do you all like? I was considering the navy and the ivory cream, but they seemed a little less versitile.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone posted pictures of themselves in these? They look great on the models, of course, but "real" pictures would be great. Anyone?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don't know that anyone has posted pictures christa...but the pants DO look very flattering on the body because the cut is straight. as long as the person gets the right size and it isn't too small, it should be flattering. the pants do run small though, the largest is XL and i wore an XL when i was a ~10 in clothes. now i am more like an 8 and i wear a Large. they do shrink a bit. but they ARE super cute and i think they work with many types of bodies as long as there's a size that works.

i'll have to look through my pictures and see if i have any where i'm at a party or bbq with the pants on or something. hehee.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2006 11:40:13 PM
Author: Christa
Has anyone posted pictures of themselves in these? They look great on the models, of course, but ''real'' pictures would be great. Anyone?
Hehehe, I was kind of thinking of asking the same thing before I bought. I was also worried about the size, but I listened to Mara and ordered M for everything.

It would be great Mara if you can find some pictures.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay so i didn''t find any pictures and since i am wearing the pants today in brown...i snapped a few quickie photos. gotta run to the office but here they are. sorry for the darkness, the flash didn''t go off and i didn''t have time to take a bunch.

hope this helps!!! they are super comfy. these are the XL''s so they are a little baggy in the leg for me now that i have lost a little weight. but they are still super cute.

mara charlotte 1.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and a full frontal. this is not the most flattering view and my top half was looking kind of wonky so i just cut it out. hahaa. for what it is worth sizing wise...i am a 36 28 39 so my hips are definitely curvy...as you can see in this side view, my waist is much smaller.

mara charlotte 2.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DANG WOMAN!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Mara you look GREAT!!!!!! All that hard work has SO paid off and look at those cut arms!

...diamond looks nice peeking out in the pictures....
30.gif
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Lorelei, yeah I was trying to get the bauble in there too!! Can''t post pictures on a diamond forum without it yanno!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Mara, you are so skinny and you wear a XL. Now I am worried that I ordered them too small. Thanks for the pictures.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
QT...i actually fit quite nicely into the Large now so if you are a little smaller than me (which I think I recall you are from pictures!) then a M should be fine. They DO stretch a little too. The XL''s are little too big for me now in the butt and legs but I can still wear them.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, those are cute . . . but didn''t I ask for pictures of real people, not models?
9.gif

OK, so with the skinny jeans thread in mind . . . are these going to look wrong in a year or so? What do the fashion experts out there think?

mia15

Shiny_Rock
Damn girl, you look good!

Will definitely look for the cute brown ones now. Why oh why didn''t I order that color earlier?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe Christa...well these pants are not new to the fashion scene...I bought my first pair 2 summers ago. So I would imagine that if they are a fad, it's going strong as every year ShopBop and other sites have steadily been carrying more and more of them for summer. I dunno, but I tend to wear what is comfortable and cute and these fit the bill...so I'll be wearing them for as long as they fit!!

The pants have been out for ~3 years...the capris just came out this year so those are definitely new, as well as the shorts just came out too. Peasant skirts came out last year.

thanks emeraldluvr..hehee. i guess all this pain and suffering has paid off lol!

laine

Brilliant_Rock
They just dropped the price on all the colors of pants to 21.90, and got a few colors of capris back in stock. So of course, I bought 3 more pairs. These pants really are amazing.

And Christa, I was wondering the same thing, but according to style.com, some designers at fashion week were showing oversized and pajama pant styles for spring, so Charlotte pants should still be in style next year. I also think they''re a more classic and less trendy look, so you''re not so likely to look obviously "last year"

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that they aren''t a trendy look like flare leg jeans. I''m just trying to figure out what to wear now . . . I am about equally fearful of being stuck in a time warp (Mom jeans, aaaaah) and of looking like I''m wearing my daughter''s clothes.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Christa do you have the body to wear your daughters clothes? If so, DO IT!!!

Age is but a #, in my opinion, and if you got it....you know the saying! My Mom shares my 15 year old sisters clothes sometimes. Of course not her jeans and stuff but she does wear some of her sweaters and her jewelry. It's cute. My Mom can get away with it too because she is petite and about the same size as my sister up top. I think as long as you aren't wearing a hot pink vinyl mini with fishnets, then it's all good.
9.gif

ETA: Bummer I was just going to check out the capris they have in since I would love a few more pairs but the site seems to be down right now. It keeps trying to save the site to my hard drive.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
My daughter is 14 and a size 3 or so, so no I can''t actually wear her clothes. I have better clothes than she does, anyway.
9.gif
I just don''t want to be one of those 30-something women all trendied out, shopping at Forever 21. They aren''t fooling anyone and they just look like they''re trying waaaayyy too hard. I''m not ready to go "classic" yet, though, so I''m always a little concerned about the balancing act. I''m probably just overthinking it . . .

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

HOLY SMOKES MARA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Check out that body! *Running to go do 300 jumping jacks*

You are not helping us woman. We said we wanted to see the pants on a regular body...not a model figure. And NO, I will not be taking photos of myself in those pants. I don''t even look close to that..............
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol you girls are silly, my curvy shape is far from a model''s bod!!!! and TG i don''t believe you when you say that the pants don''t look like that on you since i saw your wedding dress picture girl, you are TINY. pshaw!

and YES i''m telling you the jumping jacks do help!!!!! i try to do them a few times a week, 200 a pop. sometimes after i get home from kbox and am still warmed up. then i stumble into the shower and limp from there to the couch. hehee.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2006 3:09:10 PM
Author: Mara
lol you girls are silly, my curvy shape is far from a model''s bod!!!! and TG i don''t believe you when you say that the pants don''t look like that on you since i saw your wedding dress picture girl, you are TINY. pshaw!

and YES i''m telling you the jumping jacks do help!!!!! i try to do them a few times a week, 200 a pop. sometimes after i get home from kbox and am still warmed up. then i stumble into the shower and limp from there to the couch. hehee.
Errr...no. I am not tiny. I''m struggling to get into size 6 right now...in between an 6 and 8 on pants. Curvy asian defect, this one (as least in the hips...no boobs). I just know how to take a flattering pic...ever see how Nancy O''Dell on Access Hollywood NEVER does a full frontal on the camera? Angled pose, hip back. Yup, that''s me.

I did jumping jacks yesterday. I have to post on the workout thread this week, but I haven''t gotten around to reading that one yet. Still working out and eating OK...but a long way to go before those pants look like that on me.

And sorry...I cannot discern from that photo between your bod and the model''s bod. Not saying that to flatter you. I saw these pics and my mouth literally dropped open...although it may have been from enraged envy.
9.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2006 3:22:21 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Errr...no. I am not tiny. I''m struggling to get into size 6 right now...in between an 6 and 8 on pants. Curvy asian defect, this one (as least in the hips...no boobs). I just know how to take a flattering pic...ever see how Nancy O''Dell on Access Hollywood NEVER does a full frontal on the camera? Angled pose, hip back. Yup, that''s me.

I did jumping jacks yesterday. I have to post on the workout thread this week, but I haven''t gotten around to reading that one yet. Still working out and eating OK...but a long way to go before those pants look like that on me.

And sorry...I cannot discern from that photo between your bod and the model''s bod. Not saying that to flatter you. I saw these pics and my mouth literally dropped open...although it may have been from enraged envy.
9.gif
I got the Asian defect too. Wide hips and flat butt. hehehe. I want a perky butt. I am going to do jumpjacks and a bunch of squats now.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wait jumping jacks- those lift the butt? i kept reading that you were doing lots, but i didn''t think anything of it... thought it was to raise your heart rate or something... but if it lifts the butt....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually for me jumping jacks help sculpt my rear more but it''s definitely smaller than before, so i don''t know about LIFTING IT...but it does help get it smaller, hahhaa.

squats will give a flat butt some lift, so if you want some extra junk in the trunk, do lots of those!!!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ok, ok, now you guys got me into the pants......I am not sure what size to order??????

I'm only 5 2', 113lbs..in jeans I usually wear a size 3/4 (got a booty).....
so would you order a S or a M??? I'm worried about length too....I bet the capris would look like pants on me. I can only buy one pair right now...so which color should I get...basic black, or cemento????????

I just went and looked at them online.......I have a question for you guys that wear them.....they seriously look like they are going to fall right off of those models!! So, does you butt hang out of them????? I know they are meant to be low rise, which I normally like, but these look REALLY low?????

thanks!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 9:07:12 AM
Author: jetmal
ok, ok, now you guys got me into the pants......I am not sure what size to order??????

I''m only 5 2'', 113lbs..in jeans I usually wear a size 3/4 (got a booty).....
so would you order a S or a M??? I''m worried about length too....I bet the capris would look like pants on me. I can only buy one pair right now...so which color should I get...basic black, or cemento????????

I just went and looked at them online.......I have a question for you guys that wear them.....they seriously look like they are going to fall right off of those models!! So, does you butt hang out of them????? I know they are meant to be low rise, which I normally like, but these look REALLY low?????

thanks!
I''m 5''5" and 134 right now, and large was right for me. I''d go medium, as even it''s a bit bigger, it will look fine. Get basic black, more versatile, and get the capris and not the pants. Both run long Capris hit me mid ankle and pants had to be altered to even be worn.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 9:07:12 AM
Author: jetmal

I''m only 5 2'', 113lbs..in jeans I usually wear a size 3/4 (got a booty).....
so would you order a S or a M??? I''m worried about length too....I bet the capris would look like pants on me. I can only buy one pair right now...so which color should I get...basic black, or cemento????????

thanks!
i''m 5'' and 98 lbs. i usually wear a 0 and i got a small. i would get basic black to start. they don''t fall off on me at all. and no, my booty doesn''t call out
5.gif

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
thanks ladies for the input! I am thinking medium is the way to go.

one more quick question...I''m in WI,so we are approaching fall time....are these pants really only for summer time, or can I get away with wearing them in fall too???

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the pants are not winter pants but you maybe could get away with wearing them with dark colors in fall if you get the black pants. i like the capris better this year but the pants are probably better transitional fall than the capris in a colder area. i have worn my black pants with a black Banana thin clingy sweater and black strappy heels, and gotten rave reviews on the simplicity for a casual nice dinner kind of thing so for me they are pretty versatile, not just ''summer with a tank'' kinda thing.

i think you''d be fine with medium, maybe even small. but the shopbop ones aren''t returnable right now since they are final sale so i''d go medium since it''s better to be a little big than too small! oh and they are totally not too low rise as long as you don''t get a too small size. mine fit me around my lower waist but they don''t ride down or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results