shape
carat
color
clarity

CEHRA!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 3:49:48 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
33.gif
I figured someone would be more hurt by noone giving a hoot about ''ones'' precious possesions. I think I would be truly devasted if noone posted kind words regarding my sparklies. hmmmph, guess I will never understand the many moods of people, intriguing really.
28.gif

I''ll take a big ole piece of lemon...(sshhh don''t tell my cube mate as we are ''dieting''). lol
Your sparkly is gorgeous. But your strange xray vision leaves a lot to be desired.
9.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Cehra,

Although I have no idea what the previous posts of ill-will were, nor will i look it up, I don''t care to rehash it. Good for you giving meaning to things as precious as your ring... Entirely respectable.

iwantaprettyone, everyone has moods. No different from real life. How people valuate others'' possessions is always interesting. I spent a lot of money on shoes and although I love them all I have friends who think I am nuts and have said that they would have spent the money on different things. Some are judgemental, some not. I think when something is special to you, no one''s opinon should ever count as much, or even at all. That''s how most people end up married, I would guess!
31.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Nothing crazy about Manola's or Choo's....
31.gif

ETA: What, this isn't real life? I think what someone types on a forum is VERY REAL... you can't take this stuff back, and people have LONNNNGGGGG memories.
9.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I know that there are more of us that want to see Cehra''s ring than there are that could care less. So can''t we all agree that being catty is unecessary? On BOTH sides??? I''m sure Cehra put some pretty strong hints in her post, but they way some of you keep on picking on her I think is going to prevent those of us who like her from ever getting to enjoy her posts again.
7.gif
And then we''ve got people joining the thread and offering their opinion when they haven''t even read the old thread, and the whole thing is just kind of
20.gif

As for the lemon pie, I''ve always thought that it was kind of rude. Someone starts a thread with a big problem, and it ends with people basically making fun of the original poster and implying that pie is more important than that person''s problems. It''s just kind of mean. Luckily it hasn''t happened to any of my threads yet, and I hope it doesn''t! I hope that people would have the common sense to just not post if they don''t like what I or others have to say.

Anyway, that''s my .02. I hope I didn''t offend anyone by what I said, I just hope that we can all get along, or agree to disagree, or something.
39.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 4:46:29 PM
Author: luckystar112
I know that there are more of us that want to see Cehra''s ring than there are that could care less. So can''t we all agree that being catty is unecessary? On BOTH sides??? I''m sure Cehra put some pretty strong hints in her post, but they way some of you keep on picking on her I think is going to prevent those of us who like her from ever getting to enjoy her posts again.
7.gif
And then we''ve got people joining the thread and offering their opinion when they haven''t even read the old thread, and the whole thing is just kind of
20.gif

As for the lemon pie, I''ve always thought that it was kind of rude. Someone starts a thread with a big problem, and it ends with people basically making fun of the original poster and implying that pie is more important than that person''s problems. It''s just kind of mean. Luckily it hasn''t happened to any of my threads yet, and I hope it doesn''t! I hope that people would have the common sense to just not post if they don''t like what I or others have to say.

Anyway, that''s my .02. I hope I didn''t offend anyone by what I said, I just hope that we can all get along, or agree to disagree, or something.
39.gif

I completely agree with the first part of what you say Lucky.

I have to disagree about the lemon pie thing. My interpretation of that isn''t that lemon pie is more important. But that it''s offered as a distraction from an arguement that has brewed or is about to brew out of proportion where hurtful things that cannot be taken back might be said. It''s a white flag. Or the offer of one. But perhaps that''s just my interpretation of it.
2.gif

I really would appreciate it if we could just let this thread die. It''s not going anywhere positive that I can see. And despite my request some backhanded comments continue to be made. It''s not necessary.

So I ask again, Cehra is a member of this community, and I would appreciate it if you would just respect that. Whether or not you like her or agree with her... or whatever. Just please stop.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know that there are more of us that want to see Cehra's ring than there are that could care less. So can't we all agree that being catty is unecessary? On BOTH sides??? I'm sure Cehra put some pretty strong hints in her post, but they way some of you keep on picking on her I think is going to prevent those of us who like her from ever getting to enjoy her posts again.
7.gif
And then we've got people joining the thread and offering their opinion when they haven't even read the old thread, and the whole thing is just kind of
20.gif

As for the lemon pie, I've always thought that it was kind of rude. Someone starts a thread with a big problem, and it ends with people basically making fun of the original poster and implying that pie is more important than that person's problems. It's just kind of mean. Luckily it hasn't happened to any of my threads yet, and I hope it doesn't! I hope that people would have the common sense to just not post if they don't like what I or others have to say.

Anyway, that's my .02. I hope I didn't offend anyone by what I said, I just hope that we can all get along, or agree to disagree, or something.
39.gif
Lucky, I don't think there is a single person on PS who wouldn't like to see Cehra's ring finished and posted on SMTR. I'd bet my pinky finger on it. So my guess is that you would be correct. No one ever wished ill on that ring, or the process of it being finished.

As for your opinion that people would have the "common sense" to not just post if they don't like something...sure, I always feel like if something bothers you, don't read it. However, I also feel like on a public board people should be able to say things/respond WITHIN REASON. I PERSONALLY wish that people would have the "common sense" not to post idiotic statements in the first place, but I know the world doesn't always work the way I want it to.

I know we'll disagree on this, as I have read your post in the past re: this subject. I won't rehash the reasons why Cehra is getting some of the snarky comments, because like I said, it's a dead horse. But for some of us, not taking accountability for your own actions doesn't sit all that well.

As for pie, personally I think it's refreshing and delicious. You perceive it as rude and making fun of the original poster. I see it as a sign for the hot and huffy to back off and leave the OP alone. Same pie, different taste buds.
9.gif

My dear, you are always entitled to your opinion (and it's welcomed!), and I'm happy to disagree, agree, or whatever.
2.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I know that there are more of us that want to see Cehra's ring than there are that could care less. So can't we all agree that being catty is unecessary? On BOTH sides??? I'm sure Cehra put some pretty strong hints in her post, but they way some of you keep on picking on her I think is going to prevent those of us who like her from ever getting to enjoy her posts again.
7.gif
And then we've got people joining the thread and offering their opinion when they haven't even read the old thread, and the whole thing is just kind of
20.gif

As for the lemon pie, I've always thought that it was kind of rude. Someone starts a thread with a big problem, and it ends with people basically making fun of the original poster and implying that pie is more important than that person's problems. It's just kind of mean. Luckily it hasn't happened to any of my threads yet, and I hope it doesn't! I hope that people would have the common sense to just not post if they don't like what I or others have to say.

Anyway, that's my .02. I hope I didn't offend anyone by what I said, I just hope that we can all get along, or agree to disagree, or something.
39.gif
Read her thread, followed for months, excited to see...

LOVE CEHRA (miss ya wicked humor hun) (even if her cool skully avatar is no longer in action)

Still want pie.
28.gif
( I think its comedic relief
18.gif
)

p.s Luckystar...I love your ring ERD does wonderful work!
30.gif

ETA: I am a slow typer...apparently we were all posting at the same time

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Thanks IWPO!! (Are you still going to change your name to "igottaprettyone"?) I love your ring too! :)

I hope you don''t think I was picking on you, when I said "people offering their opinion without reading the thrad", I meant the OLD thread, when Cehra was asking to give up, and the whole pie thing started, and then random (fairly new) people were joining and saying something rude and then asking for pie. It was just, bad.
7.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lucky, if you feel like lemon pie is rude i would venture to say it's because you don't understand how it was originally used. it was never a 'lets change the subject' tactic. not sure if you ever read the original thread, but later it somehow just morphed into that. but that's okay, because honestly, most ps'ers love pie and i love pie way more than any conversation.
5.gif
and playing telephone with pie is just awesome.

in terms of the whole let's let this die...i always wonder why people want to step in and play hall monitors? let people eat cake. there's a PS moderator for a reason.

my bottom line for this whole thing is that it really boggles the mind that someone who cultivated all the attention and energy around a project that never materialized then went and got all up in arms and upset when people started crying wolf. and then to go away for a while, let things die down, and come back with ONE POST only to start trying to rile people up again with passive aggressive comments like 'other people' and 'visual greed' and blah blah blah and THEN go away again...well come on are you surprised people seem to feel strongly about it?

in any case...i don't care one way or another about this ring project or whatnot, but a) ixnay on hall monitors b) people are allowed to be irritated at how this has all played out after their emotions were so carefully cultivated so cut them some slack and c) where's the pie?
3.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
at one time this got to be a pretty mean place too hang out, lets not go back too it.
That time some normally nice people got the boot over it, and its a big part of why we lost PM''s, frankly I would hate too see people I like get banned.
Our mission here is too help people and if its not helpful then think twice about posting it.
Thanks
Storm who is going back too the couch and taking a nap.

(Speaking for myself: technical threads are fine in my book to argue over but personal threads are a huge different story.)

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I see what you guys are saying...(gypsy and T-gal).

But it seems like the people that do the bashing are the ones that start the "pie" thing and stick around for pages just discussing pie and drinks afterwards. I actually think it can be fun and silly sometimes too, but I just don''t know how I''d feel if it happened to me.

For instance, I was reading a thread a long time ago that Mary Alaina posted about people posting pics of her rings in threads before she got a chance to. People seriously attacked her in that thread, and I felt so bad.
7.gif
And then everyone started talking about pie again.

I dunno. I don''t know how I''d feel if it happened to me.

The good thing about switching the convo to pie is that is does work for a little while...but it also keeps the thread at the top so new people can come in and say mean things.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
*blush*- yeah I thought you may have been picking on me
7.gif
2.gif

As for the name change I think I might have to do a poll... I think IWPO is starting to be a household name with some folks.
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 5:06:28 PM

For instance, I was reading a thread a long time ago that Mary Alaina posted about people posting pics of her rings in threads before she got a chance to. People seriously attacked her in that thread, and I felt so bad.
7.gif
And then everyone started talking about pie again.
Oh you REALLY don''t want to go there and bring that up again do you?
5.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Mara--I''m starting to realize that I''m just a huge baby! lol
First the meat, then the discussion of pie.
20.gif

I obviously need a thicker spine....like NOW!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 5:08:55 PM
Mara--I'm starting to realize that I'm just a huge baby! lol
First the meat, then the discussion of pie.
20.gif

I obviously need a thicker spine....like NOW!
You just need a more well done CRUST.
31.gif

Really...this online thang is just so interesting. My husband always says that people could come in and write a thesis on social online interactions and communities. (Sometimes I wonder if there aren't one or two PS'ers who are doing just that?!) He thinks that everyone who participates in forums like this (me included) all could be studied under a microscope.

The intricacies are fascinating.
41.gif
That's why the SMTR folder is just SOOO darn popular!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually agree storm to a point. I don't remember PS being a mean place, but I know stuff was going on behind the scenes. I never posted much until AFTER PMs went away. I like PS the way it is now...works for me.

Lucky, re: the thread you're talking about...I'm actually not seeing that, since most the pie comments were short lived, and by posters who had been here for awhile. Unless I'm reading the wrong thread.

Just saw your most recent posts...Lucky, I think your skin is just fine.
2.gif

ETA, when I mentioned the above thread, I was talking about Cehra's last one...not MA's thread, which yeah, don't go there.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Ok Everyone. Lets play nice. Eat pie and be Merry!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results