shape
carat
color
clarity

caved into the upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw an expert selection G SI2 on WF''s site and fell in LOVE with it. It was the perfect size (broke the magical 1 ct mark), perfect color, clarity, was upgradeable... and I just kept going back to it over and over and it kept showing up in every search I did--no matter what parameters I put in!

I talked myself out of the upgrade, then the next day I was back looking again and trying to rationalize it. Eventually, I knew I should just bite the bullet and that it was the one for me. John had one of their gemologists check it out, said it was beautiful and an excellent "performer" (that cracks me up!), we ran the HCA #s on it, and it scored 1.7 (not as high as my ACA but still great). It has a small inclusion that can be covered with a prong and the table is clean, so I was 100% fine with that. It''s a 1.01 ct, compared to my current .806. It''s a G compared to my current H. Both stones SI2s...

So then I had to talk my hubby into spending more money to get me this beauty. I brought up photos of the stone next to 2 others that were the same color and clarity but were smaller and weren''t expert selection. He said he liked this one best hands-down. It took some sweet-talking, but he decided we could swing it. :) What a sweetie pie. He''s got to be sick of this nonsense! Anyway, I''ll post a picture I had Lesley take of my ring with the current stone in it next to the new stone. I am SOOOOO excited. I absolutely cannot wait to see this ring and the eternity band they''ve made for me that is shipping with it. I''ll be DONE and I''ll have a much more beautiful set than I ever thought possible. I''ve always wanted a 1 carat stone (totally psychological). And my fingers are small, so it should look nice and BIG! :)

Here''s the stone: http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-283326.htm

And I''ll try to post the side by side pic next...

newbeauty.jpg.jpg

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Katiedid, that is AWESOME!!!!!!
36.gif
GORGEOUS diamond! And VERY noticable size difference IMO! YEA!!!!!!!!
18.gif
I''m so happy for you!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO for WF!!!!!!!!!! With the great deal I got on my JSI2 what they say would have been and will be Expert Selection, I''ll NEVER be able to afford to upgrade to an ACA in the size I''d like some day, but I am VERY VERY VERY satisfied with these ES stones. I can''t wait to see that puppy on your hand!!!!!!!!
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone Katie, you did good! Can''t wait to see pics!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is GREAT, Katie!!! I think you made a wise decision!

And I just want to comment on something you said:

"we ran the HCA #s on it, and it scored 1.7 (not as high as my ACA but still great)."

If the ACA was between 0 and 2.0, then it did not have a "better" HCA score. Most people prefer from 1.0-2.0, and lower is not better than higher within that range. So you don't need to think this stone has a worse HCA score! In fact, it's cut may be just as good. It may just be the very good polish and symmetry that made it ES instead of ACA.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 9:02:43 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

And I just want to comment on something you said:

''we ran the HCA #s on it, and it scored 1.7 (not as high as my ACA but still great).''

If the ACA was between 0 and 2.0, then it did not have a ''better'' HCA score. Most people prefer from 1.0-2.0, and lower is not better than higher within that range. So you don''t need to think this stone has a worse HCA score! In fact, it''s cut may be just as good. It may just be the very good polish and symmetry that made it ES instead of ACA.
I was just about to make the same comment. Well put DS.

Katie, it looks beautiful and I can''t wait to see pictures! When will you receive the ring?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting -- I''m so glad you decided to do it! Can''t wait to see hand shots of the new precious once it''s set!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a gorgeous stone...and so affordable too! Nice choice.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good for you Katie, what a great choice!!! You must be very excited!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!! so glad you did it, it''s going to be fabulous!!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Cool. Can''t wait to see that baby!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ACA scored a 1.1 I think, so when I said "not as high" I should have said "not as low" but I meant "high" as in "better". That''s the deal right--lower is better? Anyway, I''m thrilled with this whether it scored a .2 or a 2! I think it''s going to be a gorgeous stone and I don''t think I''ll ever need to upgrade (I know, everyone thinks that!). Thanks for all the nice compliments you crazy bunch of enablers... :)

I should have the rings next week--I think they''re still on track to ship Monday. I will post photos immediately! If anyone is looking for a beautiful H SI2, there will be one available soon (I''m assuming that''s how it works--they''ll put it back up for sale).

And yes, I am very excited! yippee!!!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Congrats on the upgrade! I am so excited for you!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/3/2007 11:42:59 PM
Author: katiedid
My ACA scored a 1.1 I think, so when I said ''not as high'' I should have said ''not as low'' but I meant ''high'' as in ''better''. That''s the deal right--lower is better? Anyway, I''m thrilled with this whether it scored a .2 or a 2! I think it''s going to be a gorgeous stone and I don''t think I''ll ever need to upgrade (I know, everyone thinks that!). Thanks for all the nice compliments you crazy bunch of enablers... :)

I should have the rings next week--I think they''re still on track to ship Monday. I will post photos immediately! If anyone is looking for a beautiful H SI2, there will be one available soon (I''m assuming that''s how it works--they''ll put it back up for sale).

And yes, I am very excited! yippee!!!
No, that is not right. A score between 1.0 and 2.0 is excellent. 1.1 is not better than 1.7. That''s what I was trying to tell you. The cut is just as good! The reason the stone did not get ACA was probably because of the vg polish and symmetry, which you can''t even see! So you have a great diamond!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful!!! Congrats on your upgrade!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great! Congratulations!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Congratulations. Nice diamond.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful! I couldn''t wait to see your new ring, so I did a little photoshop to get a rough idea. What a size difference!
30.gif

katiesbs1.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that''s fantastic katiedid! Congrats!

I see we have another fab photoshopper here by the name of gladyskristen--great job!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
YEAH!!!!!! This is a beauty of a stone! CONGRATS!

And, I cannot wait to see that eternity band. I''m tossing around the idea of it or the Facets. I tried on a .75 Memoire one, and it was a beauty, but the price is $$ for it. I want to see plenty of pics of that band, and hear your compare / contrasts as you recall the Facets one you had.

Hey, when you do that thumbnail program I told you about that you''ve been using, leave the size dimensions (width and length) bigger so we can get a good view!

Again, this stone is really awesome.
30.gif
25.gif
30.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo!! How exciting!!! The stone is beautiful and it looks really clean. There is definitely a noticeable difference in size. I can''t wait to see your pics!!!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Katie your upgrade looks just beatiful. I can''t wait to see more pics
3.gif
!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gladyskristen--thank you sooo much! that''s exactly what I wanted to see! How cool--this is all making me feel like I absolutely made the right decision to upgrade (which, as I said before seems weird to say since I never really had the old stone--only wore it for about a week before it went back for resizing!) I can see a definite difference in size.

cinnamon, I will be sure to post lots of photos of the eternity band just for you! And I''ll try to keep the images big. I tried on the memoire band too, and actually asked them to check the price and call me back and they never did. Nice huh? That''s fine--I know I''ll love the WF band.

thanks everyone for all the very nice comments and for setting me straight on the HCA #s! Luckily, all I really cared about was making sure the #s fell below 2, and even though I thought it didn''t score as well as the ACA, I could look at the 40x image, along with all the others (idealscope, sarin, aset, and the GIA report) and see that it was gorgeous and plenty clean for my eye! But how nice to know that the HCA score is perfectly fine too!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Oh I am soooooooooooooooo excited for you... I have to tell you I my first diamond was 3/4 and went I went to 1 ct.... there was HUGE difference :) You will be thrilled
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new stone looks gorgeous and noticeably bigger!! I can''t wait to see hand shots and of course see it next to your new eternity band. Congratulations on a great choice!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous Katie!!!! I can''t wait to see your completed set. You must be so excited!!! Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
UPGRADE!
36.gif

It looks beautiful! Great stone~
30.gif

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
wow, that''s a really visible difference! my 1 ct has a spread similar to your .806 (roughly 6.06 due to its deep cut), so now i have pictures to show my poor husband.

congrats on your upgrade, i hope you enjoy it!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yey for upgrade fever!!!! I can''t believe you are getting yours so soon. I have to wait a month
7.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I think it''s because my ring has been there for 2 weeks and I''m sure they''ve checked it over already. I wish yours would come sooner!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results