shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

mochi

Ideal_Rock
oOOOOOoo...love all the new projects going on!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 4:30:28 PM
Author: Stone Hunter

Date: 6/30/2009 4:28:56 PM
Author: D&T

Date: 6/30/2009 4:27:15 PM
D&T I love peridots. Can''t wait to see the photos of your pendant.
Thanks Stone Hunter- its been so long since I''ve seen it last...lol I can''t even remember what it looks like, I''ve only had it a few days before shipping it off to Julia.
I spent months and months looking for a round peridot that I would love the color of and then I gave up. Someday I''ll find one.
Hey Stonehunter, Lisa Elser has a round 3.7 ct round peridot on her site. I think it''s a gorgeous colour!

We don''t hear Lisa''s name often enough on PS, but she''s definitely "A List".

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks.

That stone is way too big for me to put in a ring. But her stones do look interesting. Wish she would list the prices. Anyone on PS bought from her before?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 2:28:32 PM
Thanks.

That stone is way too big for me to put in a ring. But her stones do look interesting. Wish she would list the prices. Anyone on PS bought from her before?
No, but I would have no hesitation in doing so. She''s on my side of the 49th parallel.

Other lapidarists speak very highly of her and I believe she was on the previous gem safari with Roger Dery.

hkm25

Rough_Rock
I just ordered this Tanga Garnet yesterday, so hopefully it will arrive soon!

HeidisTanga.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
That is a pretty garnet, and a nice size too

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 9:12:13 PM
Author: hkm25
Looks Beautiful!
36.gif

hkm25

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I hope it''s as pretty in person as it is in this pic. It''s 2.42 cts. I''m trying to decide if I want to put it into a ring or a pendant.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I think when yo see it you will have a better idea of what to do with it. Please post pics for all of us :)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
well the portuguese cut peridot didn''t fit the LOGR I had in mind
7.gif
but I''m able to set my golden Barry Tourmaline in it, its now underway to being set- Finally. Ugg had to return the pendant mount back to Tripps that was suppose to house my purple trillion spinel but I will be exchanging it for a solitaire mount for one of my other gem, probably the Citrine will go in there.

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
It''s fun seeing all of the posted stones and projects. Is it my imagination, though, or has there been a decline in posts of colored stones? I usually live vicariously through admiring what everyone else is doing. Anyhow, in the event that anyone else is experiencing a similar withdrawal from not having enough colored stuff to view, I thought I''d contribute my most recent purchases from weblorn (e-bay) that are being shipped...

First up is a 1.39 ct garnet, 6.4 mm, that was described as an eyeclean malaya.

Malaya_1.39_WL.jpg

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Next is the first tourmaline that I''ve purchased -- a 3.65 ct scissored emerald cut "pink cuprian elbaite tourmaline" -- I''m not quite sure what to expect but I really liked the color in the picture.

Tourm_3.65_WL.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/15/2009 11:02:39 PM
Author: tsavvy
It''s fun seeing all of the posted stones and projects. Is it my imagination, though, or has there been a decline in posts of colored stones? I usually live vicariously through admiring what everyone else is doing. Anyhow, in the event that anyone else is experiencing a similar withdrawal from not having enough colored stuff to view, I thought I''d contribute my most recent purchases from weblorn (e-bay) that are being shipped...

oooh Those are fantastic colors. I am very excited to see a thread on your two new additions.

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Last is a 6.27 ct achroite tourmaline. It looks a bit yellowish/brown in the picture, but weblorn said that it looked great in person and really is colorless despite the picture.

D&T -- thank you for making a catch-all thread, by the way. This has been one of my favorites to watch
1.gif

Achroite_6.27_WL.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 11:19:45 PM

Date: 7/15/2009 11:02:39 PM
Author: tsavvy

oooh Those are fantastic colors. I am very excited to see a thread on your two new additions.
Me, too!!!!
36.gif

Lori

geoffreysnow

Shiny_Rock
Just finished paying for Barry''s large pink oval tourmaline and I''m really looking forward to this project. I''m thinking about putting it in a rose gold ring with rope detail but have to find the right setting designer for the job. any suggestions? Here''s what it looked like on his site:

t-6171g_800_detail.jpg

geoffreysnow

Shiny_Rock
and here''s a photoshopped job of what I''m thinking

il_fullxfull.73711518_2.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I am having a rope design worked into a ring I am having made by Heart''s of Water. I am sure plenty of vendors could do it.

As for me, my spinel was insured and required a signature. And I got home 10 minutes before the post office closed
14.gif
so I am hoping to get it tomorrow.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2009 12:10:26 AM
Author: giraffecushion
Giraff,
That''s an incredibly cool design. I can''t wait to see come to life.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2009 12:39:45 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Very pretty! I am having a rope design worked into a ring I am having made by Heart''s of Water. I am sure plenty of vendors could do it.

As for me, my spinel was insured and required a signature. And I got home 10 minutes before the post office closed
14.gif
so I am hoping to get it tomorrow.
Sorry you missed the PO. I’ve had the same experience too. I arrived just as they were locking up.
7.gif
Well it’s tomorrow today so I hope you’ll be able to pick it up today.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2009 12:10:26 AM
Very Cool - I really really really Like it!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 9:12:13 PM
Author: hkm25
LOVE this one''s color!!! Can''t wait to see your photos and hear how you decide to set it. If it''s over 8mm I would probably do a pendant but then I''d miss seeing it on my hand. Good Luck in deciding.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Tsavvy those stones look just lovely. Thank you for sharing them! I too enjoy living thru other PSer purchases!
21.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2009 12:07:51 AM
Just finished paying for Barry''s large pink oval tourmaline and I''m really looking forward to this project. I''m thinking about putting it in a rose gold ring with rope detail but have to find the right setting designer for the job. any suggestions? Here''s what it looked like on his site:
Oh that''s a great idea for that stone. Your photoshopped image looks pretty good. I think a rope design with the rope on the whole ring would be very nice. I''m not sure about comfortable though. How big is that stone? It looks large.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As for my projects...I have a spinel by Dan Stair that I''ve not found a setting for yet. I''m kinda hoping gold prices will go down and I haven''t seen a perfect setting yet anyway.

I''m also looking at stacking rings...trying to see if I can fit a few on my short fingers. But I could buy a couple of stones for the price of one stacking ring!!
6.gif

If I don''t do a stacking ring or two I have a pendant idea that I''m going to email BGD about. I just need to check the mm size of the stone first. Better find that info today so I can get a quote. I''d like to set an oval diamond in a setting similar to the one Woo Bug got but I''d like it to hang E/W and be able to change it to N/S. Maybe it''s possible.

Oh my I thought I was a PS slacker but I see I do have a few ideas going. LOL

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2009 9:28:42 AM
As for my projects...I have a spinel by Dan Stair that I''ve not found a setting for yet. I''m kinda hoping gold prices will go down and I haven''t seen a perfect setting yet anyway.

I''m also looking at stacking rings...trying to see if I can fit a few on my short fingers. But I could buy a couple of stones for the price of one stacking ring!!
6.gif

If I don''t do a stacking ring or two I have a pendant idea that I''m going to email BGD about. I just need to check the mm size of the stone first. Better find that info today so I can get a quote. I''d like to set an oval diamond in a setting similar to the one Woo Bug got but I''d like it to hang E/W and be able to change it to N/S. Maybe it''s possible.

SH- is your pendant Idea for a different stone? not the spinel from Dan?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 12:07:51 AM
I can''t tell you how many times I looked at that tourmaline on Barry''s site - can''t wait to see your pics. I''m betting it will be bright, flashy, and spectacular!!! I like the rope design too, makes me think of those Vera Wang rings.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2009 10:54:31 AM

Date: 7/16/2009 9:28:42 AM

6.gif

SH- is your pendant Idea for a different stone? not the spinel from Dan?
Yes a different stone, an oval diamond. Have yet to find the mm on it. Don''t want to look thru piles of paperwork...

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results