carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 5:55:57 PM
Author: Fly Girl
I just got this bubble gum pink tourmaline cab today in the mail from Rick at Art Cut Gems. I hesitate a bit to show it, because it was rejected by a couple of other buyers for inclusions, and I figure the chances are pretty good it was someone on PS. But, I love the pink color, and the inclusions don''t bother me at all. I''m pretty sure it is a keeper, and I''m hoping to be able to give it a good home.
Fly Girl I love that stone. I think inclusions are such an interesting topic. Some can''t stand any, some think in some cases it adds to the stone, some love them. I think they suit your stone really well, and with that color, who cares anyway?! LOL.
9.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The latest pic from Julia. Still needs to brush the finish setting the stones, but we''re getting there!

almostthere.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
MtG - it''s been so cool to see all the stages of your design, from sketch to (almost) completion. Thanks for posting all those fantastic pics!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2009 12:08:24 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
The latest pic from Julia. Still needs to brush the finish setting the stones, but we''re getting there!
it''s look amazing. so close yay!
36.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2009 12:13:48 PM
Author: cellentani
MtG - it''s been so cool to see all the stages of your design, from sketch to (almost) completion. Thanks for posting all those fantastic pics!!

Heh, wish I could take credit, but Julia''s the one that''s been taking the pics and mailing them over :) She''s'' a sweetie to work with!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 12:35:08 PM

Date: 7/9/2009 12:13:48 PM
Author: cellentani

Heh, wish I could take credit, but Julia''s the one that''s been taking the pics and mailing them over :) She''s'' a sweetie to work with!
Yeah, but you''ve been so great to post them, and that takes time! I just looked at her Etsy page - I''m surprised she doesn''t have more stuff. I''m loving her keys, too.

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
I received my ring from Julia today :) I had originally purchased this stone as a gift for my mother, but after awhile I decided I liked it too much and decided to keep it for myself. I''m already starting on a couple other projects with her that I can''t wait to see!
original.aspx

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
That is pretty Barcelona, I''m surprised that the color didn''t darken more. So nice!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty Barcelona!

Hand pics?

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I really love that star stone!
36.gif
So pretty!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2009 10:28:43 PM
Author: Barcelona
I received my ring from Julia today :) I had originally purchased this stone as a gift for my mother, but after awhile I decided I liked it too much and decided to keep it for myself. I''m already starting on a couple other projects with her that I can''t wait to see!
original.aspx
THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!!! love the star faceting!

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
Calling Gypsy...
35.gif

I''m liking your peridot project too - it''s going to be gorgeous. I ''spoke'' with Julia a couple of weeks ago, to talk about a green stone I have, to have a ring made for it, with almost this same design. I love her use of the ''rails'' going along the sides of the bezelled stone, and especially love the amethyst cabochon ring on her website proper.

I just wanted to ask, what size your peridot is? I''m trying to get a fix on whether my stone will suit this ring, although I''m leaning to it more and more.

It''s packaged up right now, to send over there, to be looked at, with a view to a possible recut and repolish, depending on what one of your wonderful cutters has to say about it. I trust his judgement totally, but am so hoping it all goes well.

Mine is a cab stone, and it looks a lovely size on my finger, laid north/south - which is how I would get it set...sometimes the east west works, sometimes, when you spy the amethyst cab ring on Julia''s site, you just know that north south is the way to go!

So - a week or so, and I will know whether my cab can be ''brushed'' up a little more...I so hope so. We need to see whether it is indeed what I bought it as. Lots of inclusions in it - but it does glow more than a bit!

More as I find out more!

1.gif

Date: 7/8/2009 1:34:05 AM
Author: Gypsy
This is a great thread.

I have my mom''s ring up and coming with Julia Kay Taylor. She sent me a few pics of the ''in process'' of it all. It''s a concave peridot that''s going to be bezeled in 18K. I was debating diamond side stones so she dug some up for me so I could see if I liked it, and I didn''t so we''re going 18K gold balls on either side of the bezel and NO diamonds, and all of it will be between two shanks of Ar. silver.

The gold is not polished at all at this point. But I''m liking what I''m seeing.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2009 12:08:24 PM
MTG,
It''s coming a long very well. It looks good enough to wear already!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
original.aspx
I don''t blame you for keeping it instead but what''s your mom going to get now?
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got this bubble gum pink tourmaline cab today in the mail from Rick at Art Cut Gems. I hesitate a bit to show it, because it was rejected by a couple of other buyers for inclusions, and I figure the chances are pretty good it was someone on PS. But, I love the pink color, and the inclusions don''t bother me at all. I''m pretty sure it is a keeper, and I''m hoping to be able to give it a good home.
Fly,
It looks very gummy and I''m more forgiving of inclusions on cabochons than faceted stones. All that matters is that you love it and I can tell you do.
2.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice thread started since I decided to take a sybatical and stay away from PS for awhile. I can''t afford the temptation. You all have such great new pieces and I can''t wait to see the new projects finalized. Catmom... I drooled often at that aqua! Setting ideas?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2009 12:11:34 PM
Author: Chrono

Fly,
It looks very gummy and I''m more forgiving of inclusions on cabochons than faceted stones. All that matters is that you love it and I can tell you do.
2.gif
Great description, Chrono. It looks a lot like a gum drop. Very chewy. The color is awesome. I''m so glad the first lady to get the stone was the picky sort.
2.gif

Right now I''m looking over the various etsy vendors for a bezel set cuff bracelet. I think that this stone would be awesome bezel set on a sterling cuff.

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
Sorry,for the quality..I cant stop my temptation for posting-taken by mobile cam,right now.

sappi2.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2009 1:34:14 PM
Author: rubyisforlove
Sorry,for the quality..I cant stop my temptation for posting-taken by mobile cam,right now.
oooh do tell us about it? and welcome to pricescope glad your joining the fun
35.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Got the ruby, nice color. I think it might be a little on the dark side, but ok with a very open setting. I will take pics, after I finish studying for my boards (I figure I got to pass this test to continue funding my habit).

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2009 4:09:00 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Got the ruby, nice color. I think it might be a little on the dark side, but ok with a very open setting. I will take pics, after I finish studying for my boards (I figure I got to pass this test to continue funding my habit).
lol.. can''t wait for the pictures

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay my pendant is done! I''ll be sure to start a thread with more pics and neck shots when I get the pendant in the mail!!!

https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/spinp.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry the pic didn''t come through, i''m posting on my phone.

There''s a pic on the More Fun Things On Etsy thread over in the jewelry section though if you want to see it.

I should have the pendant by Friday though!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here we go. Hopefully this time it works!

spinp32.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow MTG, that is so nice!! We need neckline shots when you get that gorgeous pendant!! She did a great job on it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
original.aspx
I think that is such a lovely ring, and the bezeling of the stone is perfect!! It really brings out the pink coloration, and the star is so clearly seen.

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
Thank you mariedtiger, MakingTheGrade, brandy_z28, D&T, Chrono, tourmaline_lover I wanted a very simple setting because of the star and I think it turned out so well and the stone just glows in the bright sun!

Chrono, well I bought another pink tourmaline (we''re both born in October and already have tons of opals), but I decided to keep that one too! Although I have my eye on another pink tourmaline that I think will be perfect for her.

Here are a couple hand shots. These were taken with a macro lens on my balcony, pretty sunny but I was sitting in the shade:

original.aspx

original.aspx

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/12/2009 9:34:43 AM
Here we go. Hopefully this time it works!

That''s gorgeous! I love the color of the stones.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
MTG- .... wow! Your pendant turned out so beautifully. Totally impressed. I''ll be waiting for more photos on Friday
9.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG- your pendant looks fantastic, can''t wait to see the thread on this one
36.gif

Barcelona- did I miss a thread on yours? it''s gorgeous on your hand.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results