carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

You are quite talented VL! :appl:

Very pretty spinel herekittykitty! 8-) Very interesting color.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So its not dark purple but....

Just scored this from Gemline

4.73cts WHOOT! I'm ok with the fact you probably can't heat it (I don't want to heat it anyway) :bigsmile:

I'm still on the hunt for a bright yellow one. Gene had one but someone snagged that up way before me.

-A

purpletourmaline.jpg

erinl

Brilliant_Rock

davi_el_mejor|1298746792|2860013 said:
Just a little rainbow I'm working on... it's not perfect yet but pretty close :D
spinel garnet garnet garnet spinel spinel

Those are beautiful, can you give some specs?!?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The jeweler put my diamonds in clay to arrange them for my future band ring. They are all colored diamonds, but they're smudged up here in these pics so you can't see their colors very well and no dispersion. At least you get the idea. He poked holes in the clay where little white diamonds will go. The diamonds will be bezel set, and the bezels will be very thin and crisp, so there will need to be small white diamonds to fill in the gaps. The outer bands will not be that thick. That's just a holder for the clay. The clay is bright yellowish green. The ring will be in rose gold. I inserted the jewelers hands so you could get an idea of the size of the piece. The diamonds range from 30 points to 1 carat.

TLdiamondbandringmaking1.JPG

TLdiamondbandringmaking2.JPG

TLdiamondbandringmaking3.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sigh, patiently waiting with the hope that USPS will have a package or two for me today!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock

tourmaline_lover|1299283010|2864989 said:
The jeweler put my diamonds in clay to arrange them for my future band ring. They are all colored diamonds, but they're smudged up here in these pics so you can't see their colors very well and no dispersion. At least you get the idea. He poked holes in the clay where little white diamonds will go. The diamonds will be bezel set, and the bezels will be very thin and crisp, so there will need to be small white diamonds to fill in the gaps. The outer bands will not be that thick. That's just a holder for the clay. The clay is bright yellowish green. The ring will be in rose gold. I inserted the jewelers hands so you could get an idea of the size of the piece. The diamonds range from 30 points to 1 carat.

TL, thanks for posting that. Its so neat to see! I cannot wait to see what this will look like in the end. Its going to be amazing.

Aerix

Shiny_Rock

I'm waiting for this lovely sapphire in the mail:

Specs are untreated, 2.99ct, 9mm, very slightly included, and is a mixture of violet, blue, and a bit of grey. The seller mentioned a bit of a color shift/change: "Stone has a slight purplish color change from florescent to incandescent and natural light." When I asked where the rough came from, they said from either Songea or Umba Tanzania (it was part of a mixed parcel between the two places.) I bought it for under $200 from a seller on Etsy who cuts their own gemstones. :D I'm really excited to see how it looks in person. There's also a 7 day return policy, so if it doesn't work out, I'll send it back, but I'm really digging the light sapphire color and I love color shifters, it doesn't hurt that it's a nice big size too.

Here's a link to the listing with more photos (I don't want to post the other 2 pics since they'll take up a lot of space on the thread!):
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/45101574

sapphire1.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My padparadsha and jkt zircon pendant from MariedTiger are here.
No sunlight, but I might put up some photos later tonight of them inside.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

I have an 8mm gem and I bought a LOGR setting that is supposed to fit an 8 mm stone but it looks a little big. Is this normal?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Why do I never check this thread?

TL, it should be a fantastic ring! And the diamonds are so pretty. And so-oh many, it will look fabulous!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

This new PS's search function is really wonky, isn't it? I can't seem to find the thread where I was trying to decide whether to put a 6.5x7.5mm greyish lavender/blue spinel or a 7mm green tourmaline in a second-hand LOGR setting that originally housed a blue topaz. I decided on the oval spinel, and I'm so glad I did! The setting brings out a gorgeous moody charcoal grey color with amazing dispersion. Here's the finished ring:

jstar-greyspinelring.jpg

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock

jstar that is sooo beautiful. I love moody spinels!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

OK, I just received my JKT setting for my spess and it looks much better in person than the pics. I am happy with it. I will try to get pics up this weekend. I am feeling a bit under the weather today :|.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

I hope you feel better soon Ltl! Glad the ring is better in person too-looking forward to pics!

Aaaaand I'm buying another stone. Aaaand I think I found the replacement for my ering stone.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock

packrat|1299810558|2869301 said:
I hope you feel better soon Ltl! Glad the ring is better in person too-looking forward to pics!

Aaaaand I'm buying another stone. Aaaand I think I found the replacement for my ering stone.

Packy, tell!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Was emailing w/Michael E, asking a million questions again as usual, and I sent pics of a color that I would like for my ering and he said he has rough similar in color!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock

packrat|1299812953|2869331 said:
Was emailing w/Michael E, asking a million questions again as usual, and I sent pics of a color that I would like for my ering and he said he has rough similar in color!

How exciting! Will you be able to reuse the setting (do you want to reuse the setting)?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Novel|1299814005|2869341 said:

How exciting! Will you be able to reuse the setting (do you want to reuse the setting)?

Yep, he can take the stone out of the bezel and fix it all back up again. I love the setting. That's what's been driving me bonkers about it-I didn't want to ruin the setting, and I couldn't bear to sell it to start over.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock

packrat|1299815363|2869350 said:
Novel|1299814005|2869341 said:

Yep, he can take the stone out of the bezel and fix it all back up again. I love the setting. That's what's been driving me bonkers about it-I didn't want to ruin the setting, and I couldn't bear to sell it to start over.

I'm so glad to hear that. I love your setting, and I think your search/setting was one of the first I actually posted on, so it kind of has a place in my heart. So yeah, happy to hear that for totally selfish reasons :cheeky: and because clearly you adore it.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks Novel! Yeah, I remember you jumping in and ohhh was I flattered! I made this cheesy face :bigsmile: !

Novel

Brilliant_Rock

packrat|1299815837|2869357 said:
Thanks Novel! Yeah, I remember you jumping in and ohhh was I flattered! I made this cheesy face :bigsmile: !

Aw :appl: . This is going to be exciting!

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock

I am the lucky one who got Gene's new blue-green tourmaline (1.36ct, 6.6mm). I picked it up at the post office today, and it is too beautiful not to share. I will take some pictures during the weekend.

Gene1107_Blue-Green Tourmaline.jpg

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Atwater, I wondered who got it! Can't wait to see pics, it looks such a stunning colour! :shock:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

On its journey to me: Barry spinel supernova. 7.3x5.5, 1.35cts. Medium dark neon purple. Barry said it's very bright and he can't stop staring at it. No clue what I'm going to do w/it, so open to suggestions!

Missi.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

My 7.28 ct aquamarine cut by Dana has been set. I picked up the completed "Diana bracelet" at my jewelers today. I have a thread with photos over in Pearls.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pearl-and-aquamarine-diana-bracelet-is-home.157752/#post-2869827']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pearl-and-aquamarine-diana-bracelet-is-home.157752/#post-2869827[/URL]

Thanks to Sarahbear for the inspiration. This project has been in process for months, but the results are worth the wait.

Bracelet in box_1893.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Holy cow! That's amazing FlyGirl!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

packrat|1299880434|2869825 said:
On its journey to me: Barry spinel supernova. 7.3x5.5, 1.35cts. Medium dark neon purple. Barry said it's very bright and he can't stop staring at it. No clue what I'm going to do w/it, so open to suggestions!

Lucky you. It's hard to find nice purple spinels. I really love that color next to the blue round tourmaline that Atwater has. Nice color combo that would make.

More work in progress photos of my diamond scatter band. He added more diamonds (smaller ones) to the mix. This is NOT the ring, it's just the clay where he's laying out the stones. They're all smudged badly, and you can't get a good idea of the colors of the diamonds, nor the dispersion.

TLmorediamondsring.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fly Girl|1299881259|2869830 said:
My 7.28 ct aquamarine cut by Dana has been set. I picked up the completed "Diana bracelet" at my jewelers today. I have a thread with photos over in Pearls.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pearl-and-aquamarine-diana-bracelet-is-home.157752/#post-2869827']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pearl-and-aquamarine-diana-bracelet-is-home.157752/#post-2869827[/URL]

Thanks to Sarahbear for the inspiration. This project has been in process for months, but the results are worth the wait.

Nice, and you can add an extender to make a choker out of it too I bet!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I got a very lovely box today. We unfortunately have had skads of rain so very overcast. only snapped a few while I had a bit of daylight left.

Its NOT safety orange, so ....tangerine it is! The stone isn't eye clean, but is really one hell of a stone in person. To see inclusions you have to be very up close and personal with it. Safety orange I'm finding is just a tad(well, more than a tad!!) outside of what I have budgeted.

I couldn't wait to take pics,...shame on me. I'll try again tomorrow when there's better light

a real life perspective view

Closeup with a friend :))

I can't wait to see it in sunlight. In low light (well thats all I had really :lol: ) it looks like someone plugged the stone in! Also helps that the cut and polish are top notch on this stone too.

I really doubt I would put this in white gold as per the plan. *sigh* ah well...

-A

P1040620.jpg

P1040627.jpg

faegrace

Shiny_Rock

A ~

Soooo luminous!!! I LOVE it!
Enjoy. What are your *new* plans for it?

~ faegrace

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results