carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Chrono|1297448898|2849410 said:
That cab looks very dreamy. More info on it please.

1.20 emerald cab from Art Cut Gems, the website is not working so I can't pull the measurements. He states it is from Colombia. I think Rick didn't see any enhancements, but it is not graded because the grading price is half of what the stone costs. I decided to risk it being that Rick is a pretty reputable guy. It looks like it is green with a little blue to me IRL :love: . It is small but a great color and fairly clean for an emerald. Has some nicks on the bottom I will need to cover with a setting.

I promise I will take pics this weekend and use Kenny's tricks to try and prevent PS from desaturating them. I will need setting ideas.

But I have go to get back to work!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Here's the moonstone cab ring I put together myself for a total of $10. I'm proud of it!

ETA: The blue sheen doesn't photograph well but is more prominent IRL.

jstar-moon-cab.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

very pretty jstar :appl: you did a great job on it!

-A

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock

Oh WOW, that's just lovely jstar!!!!
The stone and the setting :love: :love: :love:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Thanks, ladies! Yeesh, my skin is looking quite dry in that pic. Time to get some lotion.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

That;s awesome! nice work jstar :appl:

RTols88

Rough_Rock

Nice moonstone Jstar

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jstar,
I did not notice your dry skin at all; I only saw the ring and moonstone then my eyes bugged out to see you set it yourself and got the setting for a low price of $10! :appl:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Awww, you guys are so sweet!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jstar,
Nice job!! Very pretty ring.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yay Freke!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'll take pictures sometime soon--Getting it sized from a 3.5 to a 5.75 was not easy, but I have an amazing local jeweler and he did me proud! (Yay go Bob!)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ow, I'm Jelly Freke! That ring is so gorgeous. :love: Though I would have had quite the hassle considering I have big ol size 8ish fingers(though they keep shrinking, I don't know whats up with that)

-A

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

I attended a Richard Homer round-table last evening, and ended up adding a 15 ct citrine to my Richard Homer Portuguese Briolette collection. This sparkly really attracted a lot of attention at the round-table, and I'm lucky to have ended up being able to purchase it.

I also got an answer about my Richard Homer eBay stone. You can read about it here.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/jumbo-amethyst-by-richard-homer.149644/page-2#post-2854933#p2854933']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/jumbo-amethyst-by-richard-homer.149644/page-2#post-2854933#p2854933[/URL]

Citrine1749.jpg

RichardHomerBrios1741.jpg

JustLikeYou

Rough_Rock

My newest sapphire! It's not everybody's taste, but I've been looking for a very specific stone for almost a year for a very specific project. None of the other sapphires I found fit the bill for color and shape (I wanted it to be almost perfectly symmetrical and have deep tones with rich blue/green saturation, but with bright flashes). The picture below makes it look sort of dead, but it's soooo not.

7x7mm 1.18ct trillion from Australia. It's got some awful tilt windows that I'm hoping will be less noticeable with a proper setting... but with the color, I'm just not caring about that little problem. I'm just head over heels, and I can't get a good picture to show its real beauty. One of these days, when I get home from work before dark, I'll take better pictures!

mytrilsaph1.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey, from where I'm sitting, it looks pretty fine! I see teal, blues, and greens and can only imagine how pretty it must be! I love those colors, especially in sapphires, because you just don't see them that often with flash and sparkle...

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Thanks, TL!

I dropped my gray-blue/purple spinel and second-hand LOGR ring off at the jeweler last week. I can't wait to see it!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

These three stones will be in a three stone setting I'm having made in 18K yellow gold. The center is a 4 carat oval violet spinel of medium tone, and the sides are two Mahenge spinels which are 1.1 carats each. I'm doing multiple stone rings lately as it saves on the cost of setting them.

The oval will be North/South, not East/West, as it is on my hand here.

threestonespinesl.JPG

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

Looks almost like Flygirl's avatar!
I think it will be a lovely ring, great stones and they compliment each other well.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm getting this JKT pendant from MT, yay!

jktzrcon.jpg

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock

tourmaline_lover|1298178426|2855833 said:
I'm doing multiple stone rings lately as it saves on the cost of setting them.

:lol: Amen! :$$): I love multi-gemstone rings for that reason and because they're unique and FUN!

Please post lots of pics of your ring when it's completed TL! :appl:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Looks like a winner TL! Its a very lovely combination!

I just received a ring from LOGR. This will be one of the 2 all yellow gold rings I'm doing this year. Though I purchased it as a temp setting, it may stay in there for a very long while. I do love the simplicity of the setting, its not blingy as my other ones, and it lets that center stone be a star. =) The setting is a 9x7 cushion. I upgraded to 18K, I did not upgrade the diamonds.

I'll be taking a batch of rings to be set this Thursday. :bigsmile:

-A

ring11.jpg

ring1.jpg

ring9.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, that's really nice Arcadian. The gem does look like the star of the show in there. Very nice!!

MTG, I'm jealous you snagged that pendant from MT. I love it.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words on the three stone ring. I'm pretty excited about that one.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So who's going to make it for you? any ideas of when you plan on getting them set? I want to do at least a 2 stone ring sometime soon.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian|1298331060|2856854 said:
So who's going to make it for you? any ideas of when you plan on getting them set? I want to do at least a 2 stone ring sometime soon.

-A

I've been having great luck (knock on wood) with lanbo and customizations. His prices are very decent too, especially with rising gold prices. He gave me a one week turnaround for the setting to be made, so I anticipate having it after next week, and I hope to get it set a week after that. Hopefully, all the stones will fit. I sent him a photo of a ring I liked with the measurements on the photo.

threestone.JPG

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lovely ring :love: Early on when lanbo started selling I purchased a setting from him and it wasn't sized correctly. Hated having to send it back but nothing could be done with it. It sounds as though he's doing a much better job these days thankfully, so I'll be very interested in seeing how it turns out. =) So don't be stingy and start a thread on it!

Thanks for the compliment on my ring. The LOGR ring (well I guess you can call him Lord of Pearls :lol: ) wasn't terribly expensive either. Definitely better looking on hand than in his pictures so I'm glad I went with my gut on it.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, I've had to go back and forth with him on emails quite a bit, to make sure he understood what I wanted. I think these photos with measurements help though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results