shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just one more picture :) It''s a 18k yg head, silver body, 1 ct tsavorite.

howtsavmtg2.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
MTG, it''s gorgeous
1.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2009 11:18:10 AM
Author: mariedtiger
MTG, it''s gorgeous
1.gif

Thanks! Can''t wait to see pics of your new beauties from sally and julia!!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/5/2009 10:47:26 AM
Author: D&T
Brandy
Are you interested in a pendant? I can just totally see this as a bezel pendant incorporating both stones
30.gif
streamline and sleek
A pendant or necklace is exactly what I had in mind!
36.gif
Now if I can only hold off until after the holidays. Julia is booked up anyway, so that helps.
37.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG,
I’m glad the tanzanite made it safely. Wow, the tsavorite looks good in the lotus setting.

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
MTG - Your tsavorite looks spectacular. Can''t wait to see more photos :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2009 6:07:24 AM
Author: mariedtiger
I have this one coming from Julia in about a week''s time
9.gif
Oh, and I have received four rings from Sally, and a crazy sapphire from Dana. I owe photos big time! Great projects everyone, so fun to read!
MT,
That''s gorgeous!!

MTG,
Love your new tsavorite ring too. It''s cool to see it in silver!! It must be a striking contrast against the green of the stone.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Sally sent me a convo to say that my projects are done too...but...

Her computer crashed and she can''t access the pics or put up a listing!!!
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif

That''s SO frustrating! It''s some consolation that shipping won''t be delayed (she was going to ship on Monday regardless). But MAN, that sucks!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MT - I love that pendant
36.gif

MTG - thats such a pretty ring. 2 toned rings rawk!
Brandy - Those opals are so lovely
30.gif

-A

trishy

Shiny_Rock
does anyone remember the ring that is an eternity birthstone ring? or who it belongs to? it has all the birthstones of the year except maybe 2 - 4.[its like a family birthstone ring. i am remembering it to resemble a jazz band, except it has alternating round and square cuts... or maybe i am wrong. i know i saw it on PS tho. i dont remember if its in ''colored stones'' or ''show me the ring'' forum.

i''d love to see that thread. i want that to be my next project... after the lavender stone im lookin for. or maybe during, i dont know. but i want an eternity rainbow birthstone ring, so i''d love to find that thread again.... its drivin me nuts lol not being able to find it.

i want a ring like this for a few reasons:
for important family members
cuz on different days or months it centers the body or soul to wear that certain stone
and so i can stare at all the pretty colors at once, since i imagine, the bigger my collection gets, i may run out of fingers and toes to wear them on
3.gif

cant wait to see that ring again... its so exciting to have a project in the works.
each and every person here is an inspiration. all of your pieces are so beautiful.

trishy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/5/2009 1:35:02 AM
Author: Arcadian
Trishy, that aqua is really gorgeous!
3.gif
some day I''m going to have to have one cut for me.

BTW, if you''re still looking for voilet/purple/lavendar and don''t mind a few inclusions, Ed Bristol has a stone on sale

http://www.wildfishgems.com/inc/sdetail/7082 Its on clearance but may be under the size you want but if its not, it may be worth asking Ed about it. (I just happened to be looking at stones
2.gif
)

ETA: Here''s a round purple sapph. its got a window which should close when set. color is fab on this http://www.wildfishgems.com/inc/sdetail/11837

Really, I''m just looking.
2.gif

-A
its funny you should mention these, cuz i was looking at a few of these on wildfish a few days back and i asked for more pics of one, and i asked for a pic on the back of the hand and edward bristol responded saying he''d send a few pics later this week[havent got them just yet] but he said, "please dont make me take pics of these on the back of his hand as skin color is a bad background for this color stone"

so we''ll see what he emails... i asked about this clearance stone... this one isnt actually the color i have looked for i just thought since the stones end up being darker i''d try to see if this may be something. i love the very light tones. which generally arent the most sought after, and therefore cheaper, so lucky me, for now.... but i will get there
27.gif
cuz i love everyone''s rich colors here. especially those bright stoplight reds, and YES amazing orange spess''s... im getting ba-a-aaaaad!!

i do LOVE the neon purple stones on wildfish.. they just glow purple... like this neon purple one but i cant imagine it would look like this all the time... this looks like a flash doesnt it? does anyone have one like this? it looks so cool!! out of my price range tho
7.gif

i wish i had an endless supply of gem play money
3.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
MT & MTG gorgeous pendant and ring!
Can''t wait to see DT''s ring project.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
My JKT key that I'm having made. I have decided to do the one on the right hand side- except the sun won't be sticking out like it is there. It will fit within the circle. I have also asked JKT to somehow incorporate in 2 or 3 stars by the moon. I kow she will do a great job without making it look to cheesy if you know what I mean! The key will be in gold and argentium silver.

EDIT: sorry this picture is so small
14.gif

sunmoonsarah1.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
My mint asscher from Jeff is done!

The vitals are: 1.49 ct. and 6.5 mm.
Clarity is excellent, with just a couple of inclusions near the girdle that aren''t easily-found. Jeff says, "The photo hints at some brown undertones, and those are NOT there in reality. Maybe the camera was picking up some skin reflection or something. The color is a lovely light mint green."

I have no idea how I''m going to set it yet. Either a bezel set or a simple ring with diamond side stones...probably won''t happen till after the holidays though- bummer!
14.gif

TML082sarahminty.jpg

trishy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/5/2009 11:14:10 PM
Author: trishy

3.gif

BTW, if you''re still looking for voilet/purple/lavendar and don''t mind a few inclusions, Ed Bristol has a stone on sale

http://www.wildfishgems.com/inc/sdetail/7082 Its on clearance but may be under the size you want but if its not, it may be worth asking Ed about it. (I just happened to be looking at stones
2.gif
)

ETA: Here''s a round purple sapph. its got a window which should close when set. color is fab on this http://www.wildfishgems.com/inc/sdetail/11837

2.gif

-A
its funny you should mention these, cuz i was looking at a few of these on wildfish a few days back and i asked for more pics of one, and i asked for a pic on the back of the hand and edward bristol responded saying he''d send a few pics later this week[havent got them just yet] but he said, ''please dont make me take pics of these on the back of his hand as skin color is a bad background for this color stone''

so we''ll see what he emails... i asked about this clearance stone... this one isnt actually the color i have looked for i just thought since the stones end up being darker i''d try to see if this may be something. i love the very light tones. which generally arent the most sought after, and therefore cheaper, so lucky me, for now.... but i will get there
27.gif
cuz i love everyone''s rich colors here. especially those bright stoplight reds, and YES amazing orange spess''s... im getting ba-a-aaaaad!!

i do LOVE the neon purple stones on wildfish.. they just glow purple... like this neon purple one but i cant imagine it would look like this all the time... this looks like a flash doesnt it? does anyone have one like this? it looks so cool!! out of my price range tho
7.gif

3.gif
wow he put the new pics of that stone up and took off the original, and it has a big inclusion in the middle. the original didnt show that as much. but the color is even different. it looked way lighter than it does now. i wish he kept up the original pic with the new ones. very ver interesting tho. that the color changed so much and the inclusion is so prominent. the original picture was more a real life pic as opposed to the macro. very interesting!!! he is super nice

trishy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/6/2009 12:49:01 AM
Author: Sarahbear621

Clarity is excellent, with just a couple of inclusions near the girdle that aren''t easily-found. Jeff says, ''The photo hints at some brown undertones, and those are NOT there in reality. Maybe the camera was picking up some skin reflection or something. The color is a lovely light mint green.''

I have no idea how I''m going to set it yet. Either a bezel set or a simple ring with diamond side stones...probably won''t happen till after the holidays though- bummer!
14.gif
oh i love the minty color!!! what kind of stone is it? beautiful asscher!!

trishy

Shiny_Rock
I FINALLY FOUND IT!!!!
FGRAll3Babies09.jpg

here is the link to the original thread i love this.
it is CDNTech''s family/generational ring.... oh i want one

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarah,
Nice looking mint asscher, per Jeff’s description. I can’t wait to see your pictures.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarah- Beautiful Asscher and key pendant.

Trishy- that sounds like a fun and beuautiful Project with the colored stone family generation ring.
36.gif

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2009 11:10:06 AM

Clarity is excellent, with just a couple of inclusions near the girdle that aren''t easily-found. Jeff says, ''The photo hints at some brown undertones, and those are NOT there in reality. Maybe the camera was picking up some skin reflection or something. The color is a lovely light mint green.''

14.gif
oh i love the minty color!!! what kind of stone is it? beautiful asscher!!
Oops- it is a tourmaline. I can''t believe I forgot to write that! SOrry

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone and pendant design SB, you must do a thread with your whole collection.
11.gif

Trish I hope you find what you''re looking for, love the eternity band.

I''m finally getting my Malaya garnet ring when I''m back from my holiday from the awesome designer Pal at Pmgart (etsy), and a beautiful antique cushion spinel from the wonderful seller Dana at Mastercutgems, the stone was cut by Dr Gray.

il_430xN_98965602.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LG, what a gorgeous ring! I love the design!

-A

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2009 7:51:40 PM
Author: Lovinggems
Beautiful stone and pendant design SB, you must do a thread with your whole collection.
11.gif

Trish I hope you find what you''re looking for, love the eternity band.

I''m finally getting my Malaya garnet ring when I''m back from my holiday from the awesome designer Pal at Pmgart (etsy), and a beautiful antique cushion spinel from the wonderful seller Dana at Mastercutgems, the stone was cut by Dr Gray.
What a gorgeous Design!!!!
30.gif
and beautiful colored gem
30.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2009 11:07:13 AM

Date: 11/5/2009 11:14:10 PM

3.gif

2.gif
)

2.gif

-A
its funny you should mention these, cuz i was looking at a few of these on wildfish a few days back and i asked for more pics of one, and i asked for a pic on the back of the hand and edward bristol responded saying he''d send a few pics later this week[havent got them just yet] but he said, ''please dont make me take pics of these on the back of his hand as skin color is a bad background for this color stone''

27.gif

7.gif

3.gif
wow he put the new pics of that stone up and took off the original, and it has a big inclusion in the middle. the original didnt show that as much. but the color is even different. it looked way lighter than it does now. i wish he kept up the original pic with the new ones. very ver interesting tho. that the color changed so much and the inclusion is so prominent. the original picture was more a real life pic as opposed to the macro. very interesting!!! he is super nice

I think a lot of the guys here really do try to make sure that any inclusions are noted on their stones, and its because for some it would really bug them a lot. Then there''s folks like me that just don''t care as long as the color is spot on.

The color is really pretty. For myself, as long as the inclusion wasn''t so much of a distraction and/or enhances the beauty of the stone, I would be able to live with it.

The one I have one the way may have too many inclusions to be enjoyable, but, I need to see that for myself. I certainly hope its not as its the color I''ve been looking for!

-A

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
I''m getting the stone in my avatar set. Very exciting! It''s off to Wink Jones currently, for the ribbon base and a 6 prong solstice head.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/11/2009 6:25:01 AM
Author: Magenta
I''m getting the stone in my avatar set. Very exciting! It''s off to Wink Jones currently, for the ribbon base and a 6 prong solstice head.
hey congrats on getting that beauty set! How have you been Magenta?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm awaiting this 2 carat tsavorite. I'm hoping it won't be too dark, but the price was great due to the inclusions and the native cutting is great. At least I'll have a large one for my collection if I don't set it.

TLtsavorite2carat.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also got this 1.5 ct violet spinel, and am awaiting it's arrival. I liked it because it was light in tone which I'm attracted to in spinels, and for a violet spinel, it didn't have as much grey, and it didn't have too much pink. I like that it goes more toward blue. If it turns out like the picture, I'm going to set it. It reminds me of the color of the flowers in the picture at the top of this page.

TLvioletspinelcushion.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

14.gif
Looks like an Afghan stone. I highly recommend yellow gold to bring out more of the blue in the stone. Very pretty!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/11/2009 6:25:01 AM
Author: Magenta
It''s about time!! How cool!! Can''t wait to see pics.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results