shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freke-- I''m glad that your jeweler can make the setting work for you.
9.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just emailed someone to put something big and blue on hold. Once that''s confirmed, I"ll be coming back for some input as I''ve never bought one of these before!
31.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 5:18:02 PM
Author: Fly Girl
I made an appointment today to see my jeweler on Friday about setting these spess briolettes into earrings. This is my favorite shade of spess, and I love the glowing fire from within look of these stones. They are a bit dinged up, but on the other hand, the price is right. So, we''ll see what she says.
Jeweler says the spess will work as earring drops. She is really busy, so they won''t be ready for a month.

I also attended a gemstone round table featuring the work of Sherris Cottier Shank, who carves gemstones. Amazing and beautiful pieces. It really helps educate the eye to see the stones in person. I didn''t purchase this time, but you never know. Several nice pieces of druzy sold, including one piece of white druzy with black flecks which looked stunning when paired with a sparkling faceted black spinel rondelle necklace.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
this is coming home to me in a few weeks... hopefully sooner

my spinel pendant and ring
36.gif
soorry so big... forgot to downsize
37.gif
lotus%20dt%200909.JPG

spineltril dt sally.JPG

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooooo those are GORGEOUS!
36.gif

-A

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty DT!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
D&T, those look AWESOME!

I have bought a couple settings for stones, and so I''m going to try to figure out what the heck stones to put them in....

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! everyone!!!

Freke--- what settings did you buy?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
D&T, one has tapered baguettes, much like icekid''s sapphire ring, and will hold a 7mm stone, but currently has a big blue fakey in it, and a 6mm or so fishtail prong setting. I''ll post pictures later

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re beautiful D&T! I hope they come soon!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fishtails....

9451700 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
And this is the tapered baguettes, but it has a lab grown sapphire in it that I can''t wait to replace...

I figure I have 3-4 options for this one...gray spinel(7mm), light pink spinel(6.7mm), mauve garnet(6.7mm), maybe more. I can''t think right now...

8906819.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/1/2009 5:45:27 PM
Author: FrekeChild
And this is the tapered baguettes, but it has a lab grown sapphire in it that I can''t wait to replace...

I figure I have 3-4 options for this one...gray spinel(7mm), light pink spinel(6.7mm), mauve garnet(6.7mm), maybe more. I can''t think right now...
Lovvve this tapered baguette,,, You got sooooo many stones, I can''t wait to see what you will put in them
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/1/2009 4:27:52 PM
Author: D&T
this is coming home to me in a few weeks... hopefully sooner

my spinel pendant and ring
36.gif
soorry so big... forgot to downsize
37.gif
lotus%20dt%200909.JPG
These look just perfectly lovely! They need their own thread once they arrive!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/1/2009 5:45:27 PM
Author: FrekeChild

WOW Freke! Another cool setting or two? Good job finding these.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty settings Freke! I love the fishtails!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Freke, I almost bought that setting! I am so glad your jeweler can fix it up. I was imagining the setting with a lovely spess or peridot, but I was afraid I couldn''t find anyone in my area to fix it up, or that fixing it would wind up costing even more than the mount. I can''t wait to see it once its been set with your spinel!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2009 1:22:16 AM
Author: szh07
Freke, I almost bought that setting! I am so glad your jeweler can fix it up. I was imagining the setting with a lovely spess or peridot, but I was afraid I couldn''t find anyone in my area to fix it up, or that fixing it would wind up costing even more than the mount. I can''t wait to see it once its been set with your spinel!
Well I have to admit that fixing it up is costing more than the mount and the stone did together, but I think in the end it will be worth it. Not to mention I got a great price for the mounting.

I wavered between fixing it up or not but the jeweler pointed out that it did have diamonds, and they were pretty good, so it would probably be a decent investment. And I just went for it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the new ring! He did a great job, but there were some challenges that he didn''t foresee. Like, the profile is completely different. It''s all good, I think it''s amazing.

I''m at my dad''s house right now, so I don''t have my camera, but I did take a cell phone pic so you guys could see! (I had to downsize it and couldn''t redo the quality of the photo, sorry that it''s pretty small...)

Cellphonepiclavenderspinelringfreke small.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, Freke! That turned out lovely!!!

I also really adore the tapered baguette setting! Can''t wait to see what goes in there!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I posted this in my own thread but I suppose it belongs here too. Here''s a collage of my newest stone acquisitions along with the settings I''m having made. The bottom right ametrine and citrine are already set, as well as my alexandrite lotus, and the garnet will be set in a classic lotus setting (hence the placement next to the alex lotus).

I told myself I have to stop at this but actually have a few more ideas brewing...keeping quiet for now until I decide whether or not to buy the rocks!
12.gif

jstar-projects.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2009 7:55:31 PM
Author: jstarfireb
I posted this in my own thread but I suppose it belongs here too. Here''s a collage of my newest stone acquisitions along with the settings I''m having made. The bottom right ametrine and citrine are already set, as well as my alexandrite lotus, and the garnet will be set in a classic lotus setting (hence the placement next to the alex lotus).

I told myself I have to stop at this but actually have a few more ideas brewing...keeping quiet for now until I decide whether or not to buy the rocks!
12.gif
love the collage! Can''t wait to see it all
36.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks - neither can I! Neither Julia nor Sally have started my pieces yet. Kyle Anne is now on board with both projects, though...so hers will probably come first. Sent out the demantoid today!
9.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2009 9:53:50 PM
Thanks - neither can I! Neither Julia nor Sally have started my pieces yet. Kyle Anne is now on board with both projects, though...so hers will probably come first. Sent out the demantoid today!
9.gif
I had to take a double take on the hand pic... and thought hmmm,, that hand looks familiar....and it was my hand with kyle anne''s rope twisty ring she made me...lol. Are you getting a twist ring from her? I think her bezel is amazing. Love it!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2009 10:01:49 PM
Author: D&T
Date: 10/2/2009 9:53:50 PM

9.gif
I had to take a double take on the hand pic... and thought hmmm,, that hand looks familiar....and it was my hand with kyle anne''s rope twisty ring she made me...lol. Are you getting a twist ring from her? I think her bezel is amazing. Love it!

Haha, yeah, it''s your hand! I used it as an example to tell her what I was looking for - tube bezel with rope band. The tourmaline will be set that way, but of course the bezel will be square. The demantoid will also be set in a tube bezel, but with a thin plain band (I think a rope band would overwhelm the tiny stone).

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Freke, its beautiful! I really love it.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I do already have threads on these, but thought I''d contribute here..

Firstly, my JKT 3 stone ring with BB ovals..

3 stone slide aj.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
and, bit more of a longer term (maybe next year) view to creating;
Jeff White custom sapphire in a combo of these LM and BGD designed diamond channel set rings.

sapp ring aj slide.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/3/2009 5:00:43 AM
Author: arjunajane
Jeff White custom sapphire in a combo of these LM and BGD designed diamond channel set rings.
OH AJ I just LOVE both of your projects!! Great taste you have!

I'm off to find the thread on that first ring!

ETA: I can't find the thread on your 3 stone with OVALS that are all the same size.
38.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2009 9:03:07 AM
Author: Stone Hunter
Date: 10/3/2009 5:00:43 AM

Author: arjunajane

OH AJ I just LOVE both of your projects!! Great taste you have!

I''m off to find the thread on that first ring!

ETA: I can''t find the thread on your 3 stone with OVALS that are all the same size.
38.gif

Thanks SH!

ha ha, here ya go link it has a kinda random title..

But you can see the design idea develop along the way in the thread.
Can''t wait to start on both!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results