shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Better late than never! Here is my 7.3mm pink zircon from Gary Braun and the setting is argentium silver with a rose gold head by Daniel M. I love how it turned out and the color of the stone is so unique. Only bummer is that I don't think it looks good against my skin tone...so it gets admired in the box instead of being worn. Oh well.

pinkzircon3.jpg

pinkzircon4.jpg

pinkhandshot1.jpg

_14462.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

I think it looks gorgeous on your hand MrsM! Can we see a profile on the ring?

MrsM

Shiny_Rock

Thanks, Freke. All your pieces from Daniel M inspire me!! Here are a couple profile shots. The stone looks dark in photos, but appears much lighter and brighter in real life

zirconprofile1.jpg

zirconprofile2.jpg

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock

Ooh that is darling!!! I really like the rose gold on it.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock

ilovegemstones said:
Starzin, I have oranda goldfish like that and they are a lot of fun. Cuttlefish are different and we feed cuttlebone to our parrot.
I didn't know there were any "cuddle fish" LOL! I should think they are quite fun so I learned something new :)) I actually thought it was a mistake for cuttle fish bone which I used to pick up at the beach as a kid an that I know can be used for casting (though not usually by jewellers).

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes you were right! The person named that link "cuddle fish" because his oranda goldfish was cuddling with him. ;))

Lovely ring MrsM!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock

Freke - sorry I missed your reply earlier and hope that you've fully recovered. Pretty pickup though, is this the replacement for the one you gave your friend or an extra? I'm losing track here!!!

Lots of pretties by all I must say :appl:

ILG - I thought that was the case. I just Googled "cuddle fish" at the time to see what would turn up and thought that video was rather unusual and cute :))

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Starzin|1391385188|3606687 said:
Freke - sorry I missed your reply earlier and hope that you've fully recovered. Pretty pickup though, is this the replacement for the one you gave your friend or an extra? I'm losing track here!!!
Believe it or not, I've lost track too. I'll just leave it at that.

Most recent projects:
Blue Topaz and trap ring, anniversary present from my husband
Emerald and diamond split shank ring, just completed
Jeff White 3ct spinel asscher, in the works

MrsM

Shiny_Rock

Freke: Did I miss your post on the Jeff White stone? What color spinel?? I love his cutting and would love to see a photo of what you have. Point me to the post if you have one!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock

FrekeChild|1391386262|3606696 said:

:lol: I'm not surprised!!!

Most recent projects:

Great! I'm caught up then *whew* All of which are terrific I might add.
MrsM - back a page - pretty pink.

MrsM

Shiny_Rock

Thanks Stargazin!

Love that asscher...cannot wait to see what you do with it, Freke.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Starzin|1391388377|3606710 said:
FrekeChild|1391386262|3606696 said:

:lol: I'm not surprised!!!

Most recent projects:

Great! I'm caught up then *whew* All of which are terrific I might add.
MrsM - back a page - pretty pink.
Hahahah!!!! I feel like my whole collection has gone on a revolution the past year or so. It looks incredible different from how it did just a year ago. I should look to see if I have pics from then...

Thanks for the compliments ladies! And since there is no such thing as too many pictures....don't mind the dog hair...

And hopefully we won't have to wait too long!

img_5344.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock

Oh that really does look to be a pretty pink. It's being set already? :appl:
Hahahah!!!! I feel like my whole collection has gone on a revolution the past year or so. It looks incredible different from how it did just a year ago. I should look to see if I have pics from then...
I know! I can remember when I lurked... it was all grey spinels and no diamonds. Now look at what the clean out has produced in terms of that recent handful you posted! Yes please, do try and find some comparison.

MrsM - that's a lovely setting and it certainly is a sparkler!!! It must keep you endlessly occupied :))

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

I received my 3ct violet spinel today. Don't have the chance to check it in the sun yet. It's a 8.6x8.2 cushion. Shifts to purple in my bathroom...

_14503.jpg

_14504.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Starzin|1391486031|3607493 said:
Oh that really does look to be a pretty pink. It's being set already? :appl:
I know! I can remember when I lurked... it was all grey spinels and no diamonds. Now look at what the clean out has produced in terms of that recent handful you posted! Yes please, do try and find some comparison.
Maybe....I might be seeing my jeweler this week....no way to know for sure yet...

(Apparently my goal today is to overuse ellipses.)

Your pictures, madam!

June 2012, May 2013 and January 2014 (I'd say February, but I think that I may have something to add to it if the meeting with my jeweler goes well. So THEN I'll say February. AND THEN I really will be out of projects for a while because I don't have any more money. So, barring any lottery wins...done for a while)

EDIT: please note that there are some rings I don't typically photograph every time, but they are ones that will not leave my collection. In the first photo, the breast cancer ribbon ring on my pointer, and on my pinky: the large windowed pink tourmaline antique, the BIG blue topaz, and the very small blue sapphire are all very sentimental items and typically do not leave my jewelry box for regular photoshoots. :halo:

june_2012.jpg

all_rings_may_2013.jpg

all_rings2_january_2014.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock

OTL - what a stunning CC spinel!! It looks unreal. Lovely colour both ways - do you have setting plans?

Freke -
Maybe....I might be seeing my jeweler this week....no way to know for sure yet...

Your pictures, madam!
:o Unbelievably organised! Such forethought to take a pic every year :)) It actually doesn''t look as different as I thought it might but the last one obviously shows a greater consolidation and focus, as though you've hit your stride. Kudos to you for paring down your collection and getting such pleasure out of it and letting us all share the journey. :appl:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Starzin|1391552419|3607881 said:
Freke -

Your pictures, madam!
:o Unbelievably organised! Such forethought to take a pic every year :)) It actually doesn''t look as different as I thought it might but the last one obviously shows a greater consolidation and focus, as though you've hit your stride. Kudos to you for paring down your collection and getting such pleasure out of it and letting us all share the journey. :appl:
Hah! I'm really not that organized. I know I took more pics earlier, but I can't find them for the life of me. I'll keep poking around...

I tend to just pick up one day and think, "Oh, I haven't taken a pic of my collection in a while, lets do that!" so it's not on any kind of timeline or anything.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

Starzin|1391552419|3607881 said:
OTL - what a stunning CC spinel!! It looks unreal. Lovely colour both ways - do you have setting plans?

Thanks! No plans yet. I try not to set too many rings now because I feel like my preference is changing all the time. I already dislike some of the rings I made last year....

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love your cc spinel, OTL! I love how it is not too dark and is such a pretty blue in daylight. The shift to purple is nice too! Is there a thread on it?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

ilovegemstones|1391566214|3608068 said:
I love your cc spinel, OTL! I love how it is not too dark and is such a pretty blue in daylight. The shift to purple is nice too! Is there a thread on it?

No, there isn't :tongue: My humble gem and me are spending winter in the dark. We don't see sunlight often :)

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

Im thinking three stone thoughts, but maybe I should hold off for a better blue?

3sapphconed.jpg

3saphireweatherreport.jpg

3sapphtwiggy.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VapidLapid|1391625727|3608489 said:
Im thinking three stone thoughts, but maybe I should hold off for a better blue?

Those are lovely, VL. For some reason I can't quite put my finger on, the difference in tone between the blue and the other two is quite noticeable. At first I was going to say it was because the red and yellow are about the same tone, but they aren't as the yellow is lighter. In the photos, the blue is almost dark enough to look opaque - I am sure its not that way in hand. So I would say if its as dark as it is in the photos, then maybe not; but if its lighter and clearly appears blue, then it just might work. How's that for hedging my bets?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VapidLapid|1391626756|3608508 said:

Then its a big YES! for me. I think they would go swimmingly as they are all similarly saturated stones. Those are the Primary Colors, aren't they?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

VL, it looks much darker in tone in this thread than in the "sale" thread. Also, the three stones pictured together should give the best indication of how to match because they were all taken under the same conditions, yes? As such, I think it is too dark (based on the pics above.) I love the red and yellow, however. The blue also looks great in the other thread.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock

pregcurious|1391643190|3608724 said:
VL, it looks much darker in tone in this thread than in the "sale" thread. Also, the three stones pictured together should give the best indication of how to match because they were all taken under the same conditions, yes? As such, I think it is too dark (based on the pics above.) I love the red and yellow, however. The blue also looks great in the other thread.
Yes, I agree with PC on all counts - it just doesn't seem to be quite in the same frame. All gorgeous stones though.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock

OTL - I loooove your spinel!! Did you say where you got it? I must have missed it. It's a great size and I love the shape!

Freke - as always your collection is so drool-worthy. The new addition is just stunning too!! What happened to your round blue sapphire solitaire? Is it just missing from the photo or did you two part ways?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results