carat
color
clarity

Can't Hillary just say "Yes I lied"?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
redwood66 said:
Hi iLander :wavey:

I believe I said earlier that I don't want women to be men. Umpteen books have been written on the differences between men and women. Why on earth would I want to pretend she is a man? I embrace my differences as a woman. If you think that makes me a chauvinist so be it. That is your opinion.

As far as surgery, when I had mine I approached it from the best "surgeon" possible in my area. I did this by speaking to surgical nurses in the hospital because, in my mind they would have the knowledge of who was the best. I don't make choices based on gender but the best possible "person" for the job.
Hugs to you all!

MariaD I respect your opinion to think that of me. I don't have to agree with it but it is your opinion.

;))

Oh and she is still lying. :lol:

Hi Redwood! :wavey:

I don't want women to be men either, but I'm not sure what that means. Do you have some kind of criteria for both? I think maybe that's the thing: expectations of how people act.

I want men and women to be held to the same standard. Men shouldn't be called "tough and strong" when, in the same circumstances, a woman is called "a bitch." I think it's outdated, and it's time all people are just "people" and I think the same standards should be applied to how they act, what they say, and their demeanor.

I'm sick to death of the "aw, shucks, boys will be boys" attitude that Trump is taking advantage of. You said "He is grandstanding and playing to his base that got him the nomination. I do not agree with many of the idiotic comments he makes. Why he does it I have no idea." You're giving him a free pass. Would you give Hillary the free pass if she said those exact same things?

Someone else brought up the point (I can't find it now) that if Hillary had said even ONE of the things Trump said, she would be vilified. What if Hillary had said "She's bleeding from who knows where. . . " or done that cruel imitation of the reporter? There would be pitchforks and torches distributed.

I just don't think it's fair. :( It's old-fashioned to use a woman's femininity, or perceived lack of it, against her. It's like saying, "You're not acting the way I think a woman should act, so I condemn you." In this day and age, of gender freedom and respecting the rights of everyone, it's just not cool.

Good for you saying what you believe in, though. I'm thinking you're an Aries or a Taurus. :bigsmile:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a cusp Taurus born on April 21. :lol:

http://www.tarot.com/astrology/aries-taurus-cusp

I get all that Trump is but PS says enough about him for me. I would sure never defend some of the idiotic things he says. But I do defend my right to vote how I want based on my opinion and beliefs. Hillary has said plenty about Trump and he about her. It is going to be an ugly fight left to the American people to decide. I believe they both are conniving and scheming liars who should not be in the race. But they are what we have.

I like pleasant exchanges on PS.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep it up Redwood! ...you are the last Rep. standing... :lol: :appl:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1470152853|4061656 said:

You should be helping. ;))

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
voting.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1470153540|4061657 said:

You should be helping. ;))
My English is not as good as yours. Where is Jo Co?.. :bigsmile:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1470148983|4061636 said:
Tekate|1470148327|4061634 said:
Lady_Disdain|1470147900|4061628 said:
Whenever these issues pop up (Clinton, lies, Benghazi, etc), I wonder why people go after her but no official investigation has gone into a president that actually lied to get the country into a war.

Because republicans like war :)

And dems like to give away free stuff to get votes. :D

What free stuff? :confused:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1470154172|4061662 said:
Whenever these issues pop up (Clinton, lies, Benghazi, etc), I wonder why people go after her but no official investigation has gone into a president that actually lied to get the country into a war.

Got me a free Obama phone... :praise: and uncle Bernie promised me a free car had he been elected as POTUS... ;(

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I suppose many conservatives of the tea party leaning don't frequent these boards or don't feel they need their voice heard except to vote. I read an article in the Times or WP that conservatives understand liberals, they think they are bleeding hearts but liberals cannot understand why or how conservatives think the way they do.

Here's a great explanation of how liberals and conservatives are different.. I def reject the last 3!

http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/why-conservatives-cant-understand-liberals-and-vice-versa
http://hotair.com/archives/2012/04/13/confirmed-conservatives-understand-liberal-positions-better-than-liberals-understand-conservative-positions/

:)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1470154939|4061665 said:

Got me a free Obama phone... :praise: and uncle Bernie promised me a free car had he been elected as POTUS... ;(

My youngest brother got 'his free phone" (not all free but reduced) and he's a vet! he is also mentally disabled and has fallen down and had 911 many times.. it's a case of I think, you see a bunch of fat women with lotsa babies sitting around eating tacos, grits and nachos and swigging beer getting free phones, my view is I see people who legitimately needing a phone and they can't afford it, that it is us as a community who have more to help them, granted some obese person maybe getting a free phone and she/he could get a job - if they are lucky - but that still probably won't pay for a phone and food etc.

don't know about the free car, but I would take one.

Poor Obama always getting wacked by the right :(

http://www.freegovernmentcellphones.net/faq/obama-phone
http://www.factcheck.org/2009/10/the-obama-phone/

iLander

Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1470150364|4061643 said:
I am a cusp Taurus born on April 21. :lol:

http://www.tarot.com/astrology/aries-taurus-cusp

I get all that Trump is but PS says enough about him for me. I would sure never defend some of the idiotic things he says. But I do defend my right to vote how I want based on my opinion and beliefs. Hillary has said plenty about Trump and he about her. It is going to be an ugly fight left to the American people to decide. I believe they both are conniving and scheming liars who should not be in the race. But they are what we have.

I like pleasant exchanges on PS.

Of course! I am also happy to defend your right to vote as you believe. :appl: :appl:

PS is nice, we can all still be friends, even though we are all so different. I'm glad we are, or it would be a really boring world.

And in all honesty, I wouldn't want total domination of the system by either Democrats or Republicans. That would be really dangerous, human nature being what it is.

Q

Queenie60

redwood66|1470153796|4061659 said:

Redwood - I admire your Chutzpah! You are the last Republican standing. :clap: :clap:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1470157132|4061693 said:
Redwood - I admire your Chutzpah! You are the last Republican standing. :clap: :clap:
[/quote]
She is a gamer... :lol: :appl:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Obama gave me my Octavia.
Thank you Barack, and tax payers! :wavey:

Didn't you you get one?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1470155052|4061666 said:

I suppose many conservatives of the tea party leaning don't frequent these boards or don't feel they need their voice heard except to vote. I read an article in the Times or WP that conservatives understand liberals, they think they are bleeding hearts but liberals cannot understand why or how conservatives think the way they do.
e
Here's a great explanation of how liberals and conservatives are different.. I def reject the last 3!

http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/why-conservatives-cant-understand-liberals-and-vice-versa
http://hotair.com/archives/2012/04/13/confirmed-conservatives-understand-liberal-positions-better-than-liberals-understand-conservative-positions/

I love TED talks for the most part.

I have to say I do not fit into the far right description he gave and never really have. If I could travel my whole life as a job I would do it in a heart beat. DH not so much. I love other cultures, foods, etc. At age 12 my parents sent me to Germany for two weeks by myself to stay with family friends I had not seen since I was 3. My parents came after the two weeks and we traveled for 4 more. The day Klaus picked them up at the airport I had made plans to stay with a new friend and didn't want to go with him. LOL. I guess I didn't miss them all that much. I had learned German with my parents from a Berlitz professor in her home in San Francisco because she was excited to teach full immersion in a relaxed home setting rather than the school.

We all have stories and experiences that make us who we are and stereotypes don't fit. And I was being facetious about the lib free stuff comment as I hope the Republican war comment was as well.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1470159444|4061712 said:
Queenie60|1470157132|4061693 said:
She is a gamer... :lol: :appl:[/quote]

You mean video games? No way. I can't stand them.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Of course, both Trump and Clinton lie; she's just better at it. Thus, so many posts suggesting that lying is subjective when Clinton is the liar.
Bless you Red; you are a patient lady.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
AnnaH|1470166478|4061772 said:
Of course, both Trump and Clinton lie; she's just better at it. Thus, so many posts suggesting that lying is subjective when Clinton is the liar.

You have got to be kidding. Trump has been lying his whole personal and professional life. The author that really wrote Trump's book, "The Art Of The Deal" kept journals during the time he spent with Trump. He went through them and numerous times he referred to Trump as a liar and lying about the the biggest and smallest things. The journals were written over the course of a year.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
NonieMarie|1470183127|4061868 said:

You have got to be kidding. Trump has been lying his whole personal and professional life. The author that really wrote Trump's book, "The Art Of The Deal" kept journals during the time he spent with Trump. He went through them and numerous times he referred to Trump as a liar and lying about the the biggest and smallest things. The journals were written over the course of a year.

How did you read my post and think I said Trump doesn't lie?

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Tekate|1470155052|4061666 said:

Very interesting articles and worthy of a separate topic, imo. Thanks for posting.
Although most posters have been polite in recent discussions, that's not always been my experience as a small government proponent. I think that's why few conservatives and libertarians participate in political discourse here.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So is "short circuit" the new term for lie? I thought that was an 80's robot movie. :lol:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1470534241|4063173 said:
So is "short circuit" the new term for lie? I thought that was an 80's robot movie. :lol:

Redwood, how many emails were marked confidential?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1470537606|4063182 said:

Redwood, how many emails were marked confidential?

You can't see the forest for the trees.

Number 2 and 4 are of particular concern. As the Secretary of State she should have known. If the reason she didn't is because she is just that stupid then she should not hold the highest office. If she is incompetent then she shouldn't either. Which is it? Or she is just a liar and conniving to keep her emails from the public.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/05/politics/fbi-clinton-email-server-comey-damning-lines/

You will not convince me otherwise on this issue.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Dems will believe anything that HC say

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If Hillary had said and done half the stuff Trump has, she wouldn't have even been nominated to be a potential president. Yet, if Trump had of done the few things (which lets face it were probably for the sake of national security and involved stuff none of us has a legitimate reason to know about) if he was a secretary of state, because he is a man I doubt few people would care.

Two points here, Trump is too much of a wild card and too unstable to have been able to hold the same role Hillary did when she was secretary of state and secondly if she had made half the racist, sexist and stupid remarks Trump has she wouldn't be where she is now. So I can only conclude it's sexism at it's finest. It's O.K for the rich white dude to lie and say really inappropriate things and have lived a life and built an empire on being despicable, but if the female candidate omits things she doesn't want us to know, possibly for security reasons, then she must be held accountable, and even then, lots of voters can't handle any lies because she is a woman.

Conservatives can sugar coat it all they want, they can call her a liar until they are blue in the face, she is still a much more even thinking, more stable, more compassion person than Trump will ever be. Internationally, Trump makes your entire country the laughing stock of the world. I fully get the backlash against high unemployment and terrorism and the move towards conservatism, but I think their own party is starting to realise just how dangerous and uncontainable Trump might actually be if elected. It will be interesting to see if the Republican party implodes before the election. I think possibly it is well on it's way.

This is one of the most elegant things summing up why even conservatives are abandoning the Trump ship, that I have read;

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2016/08/05/ashamed-of-trump-harvard-republican-club-wont-endorse-top-gop-nominee-for-first-time-since-1888/

Here’s the Harvard Republican Club’s statement:

Dear Members and Alumni,

In every presidential election since 1888, the members and Executive Board of the Harvard Republican Club have gathered to discuss, debate, and eventually endorse the standard-bearer of our party. But for the first time in 128 years, we, the oldest College Republicans chapter in the nation, will not be endorsing the Republican nominee.

Donald Trump holds views that are antithetical to our values not only as Republicans, but as Americans. The rhetoric he espouses –from racist slander to misogynistic taunts– is not consistent with our conservative principles, and his repeated mocking of the disabled and belittling of the sacrifices made by prisoners of war, Gold Star families, and Purple Heart recipients is not only bad politics, but absurdly cruel.

If enacted, Donald Trump’s platform would endanger our security both at home and abroad. Domestically, his protectionist trade policies and draconian immigration restrictions would enlarge our federal deficit, raise prices for consumers, and throw our economy back into recession. Trump’s global outlook, steeped in isolationism, is considerably out-of-step with the traditional Republican stance as well. The flippancy with which he is willing to abdicate the United States’ responsibility to lead is alarming. Calling for the US’ withdrawal from NATO and actively endorsing nuclear proliferation, Donald Trump’s foreign policy would wreak havoc on the established world order which has held aggressive foreign powers in check since World War II.

Perhaps most importantly, however, Donald Trump simply does not possess the temperament and character necessary to lead the United States through an increasingly perilous world. The last week should have made obvious to all what has been obvious to most for more than a year. In response to any slight –perceived or real– Donald Trump lashes out viciously and irresponsibly. In Trump’s eyes, disagreement with his actions or his policies warrants incessant name calling and derision: stupid, lying, fat, ugly, weak, failing, idiot –and that’s just his “fellow” Republicans.

He isn’t eschewing political correctness. He is eschewing basic human decency.

Donald Trump, despite spending more than a year on the campaign trail, has either refused or been unable to educate himself on issues that matter most to Americans like us. He speaks only in platitudes, about greatness, success, and winning. Time and time again, Trump has demonstrated his complete lack of knowledge on critical matters, meandering from position to position over the course of the election. When confronted about these frequent reversals, Trump lies in a manner more brazen and shameless than anything politics has ever seen.

Millions of people across the country are feeling despondent. Their hours have been cut, wages slashed, jobs even shipped overseas. But Donald Trump doesn’t have a plan to fix that. He has a plan to exploit that.

Donald Trump is a threat to the survival of the Republic. His authoritarian tendencies and flirtations with fascism are unparalleled in the history of our democracy. He hopes to divide us by race, by class, and by religion, instilling enough fear and anxiety to propel himself to the White House. He is looking to to pit neighbor against neighbor, friend against friend, American against American. We will not stand for this vitriolic rhetoric that is poisoning our country and our children.

President Reagan called on us to maintain this, our shining city on a hill. He called on us to maintain freedom abroad by keeping a strong presence in the world. He called on us to maintain liberty at home by upholding the democratic process and respecting our opponents. He called on us to maintain decency in our hearts by loving our neighbor.

He would be ashamed of Donald Trump. We are too.

This fall, we will instead focus our efforts on reclaiming the Republican Party from those who have done it considerable harm, campaigning for candidates who will uphold the conservative principles that have defined the Republican Party for generations. We will work to ensure both chambers of Congress remain in Republican hands, continuing to protect against executive overreach regardless of who wins the election this November.

We call on our party’s elected leaders to renounce their support of Donald Trump, and urge our fellow College Republicans to join us in condemning and withholding their endorsement from this dangerous man. The conservative movement in America should not and will not go quietly into the night.

A longtime student of American democracy, Alexis de Tocqueville once said, “America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.”

De Tocqueville believed in the United States. Americans are a decent people. We work hard, protect our own, and look out for one another in times of need, regardless of the color of our skin, the God we worship, or our party registration. Donald Trump may not believe in that America, but we do. And that America will never cease to be great.

The Harvard Republican Club

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deflection from the topic. I did read it though and commented on it where you put it the other thread.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

:lol: :lol: :lol:

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
AnnaH|1470235998|4062070 said:
NonieMarie|1470183127|4061868 said:

How did you read my post and think I said Trump doesn't lie?

She's not better at it. He is a master at lying, he believes his lifetime of lies. Break the choice down... If voters throw out the economy, Trump's plan will be a disaster, Newt Gingrich just said so in an interview and independent economists have said he will raise the debt more than Clinton after all he has said he is "the king of debt, debt is good" maybe his plan is to spend and then file for bankruptcy, throw out dealing with illegal immigration, Trump's plan, wait does he have one, just rhetoric, throw out "the wall" too expensive and will not work (tunnels), throw out jobs, all he says is he will give a job to everyone he speaks in front of, how, will he start employing American's at his resorts, will he manufacture his products in the USA, throw out "law and order", will he federalize law enforcement?
I have more but I guess for some voters it comes down to the Supreme Court. If you are against some of the social and human rights changes that have been ruled on in the last few years ( abortion, gay marriage & affirmative action etc.), then I could see why a voter would ignore all the rest and vote for Trump. The sad thing is all the things they choose to ignore effect all Americans. What they choose to focus on does not impact them, they want all Americans to live by their beliefs. That in itself is unamerican.
You can't just ask the question, Can't Hillary just say "Yes I lied" without bringing up all the lies and B.S. that Trump has said.
I read this today
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-historic-liar_us_57a72edce4b03ba680129d06?section=&section=us_politics

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1470578612|4063265 said:
Deflection from the topic. I did read it though and commented on it where you put it the other thread.

I don't think it's deflection from the topic at all. If Hillary lied for the sake of national security or for reasons that will never be known to us, then why does she even NEED to say she lied? Who is that going to make feel better, you? No I doubt that it will. The point I was making above is that Trump can lie all he wants, if he is elected he is going to tell so many more and infinitely worse lies than she ever has or will, yet so many right wing conservatives and uneducated white males are willing to go along with that. The woman must be held accountable for every single lie, but the rich white guy not as much?

I get that you hate Hillary, many people do but when the choice is someone who lied a little versus a sociopath then the path should be clear. If conservatives get rid of Trump and put someone decent in there, I wouldn't even feel the need to make these comments, but as an outsider, I can clearly see (like the conservative Harvard old boys obviously do) that Trump will send your country on a backwards path, one that I think is not and should not be acceptable to the core values of what it means to be a US citizen.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my opinion, the issue isn't who is the bigger liar (God would have to measure that, not man), but who has the competence the run the country and who is a nut job. Only Hillary Clinton has all her marbles. It's that bad.

AGBF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results