shape
carat
color
clarity

Can''t decide! Need PS poll - Sapphire Ring.

What do you think I should do?

• Go with the Jeff White

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2009 11:31:45 AM
Author: Spirit
ARj- no problem asking about the setting. I really only have a vague idea in mind so have decided to wait until I see the actual stone. I have never had that shape before so this is all new to me. I still like the traps for sure- but step cut or brilliant? I want the steps cuts to work so much. Still searching the web for more photos of finished rings but haven''t found '' thee one'' yet.

Patience. Reminding myself.

Exciting to hear you changed your setting plan! Hope it combines all the features you enjoy. Did they offer you a suggestion that you hadn''t thought of on your own?

Hey Spirit,

I know just what you mean - there are sooo many setting choices/styles out there - but its nearly always the hardest bit to decide.
I like step cut traps - but you''re correct to wait to see the stone, that''s usually best.
5.gif

Actually, for my setting I just came along a new photo and knew immediately this was "the one"!
I still love the other channel set ring (pierreone''s), to bits, but it felt like I was forcing it to work with this stone.
This new one just felt perfect, and BGD''s quote was of course fair - I said let''s do it the minute I received the quote
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2009 10:17:20 PM
Author: packrat
Heeeyyy..you''ve got a different plan for you sapphire??? Are you going to tease and make us wait until the very end??

Yes....and maybe yes
26.gif
25.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2009 10:10:10 PM
Author: bling addict
sorry AJ forgot to say that DH does speak w Tim

That''s okay, thanks hon for clarifying.
5.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2009 10:53:57 PM
Author: arjunajane

Heeeyyy..you''ve got a different plan for you sapphire??? Are you going to tease and make us wait until the very end??

Yes....and maybe yes
26.gif
25.gif
What
6.gif
You''re not telling
23.gif
That''s against the rules, missy!! When may we expect those sapphire pics, please?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2009 12:18:15 PM
Author: risingsun
Date: 10/17/2009 10:53:57 PM

Author: arjunajane

Yes....and maybe yes

26.gif
25.gif
What
6.gif
You''re not telling
23.gif
That''s against the rules, missy!! When may we expect those sapphire pics, please?

mua ha ha ha...marian, I figure I post sooo much about each of my projects as they come to fruition, I thought I''d take a different approach and keep this one quiet for once.
Plus, if I''m being completely honest - I don''t want anyone stealing my idea, rofl - yes, it''s childish...but I can say I haven''t seen anything quite like it on PS
11.gif

Hon, you have no idea how much I wish I had those sapph pics!
39.gif
just j/k I''m just being a brat, lol..
You guys will have them as soon as I do, promise. Should (fingers crossed), be about mid this week with some luck - wish me luck!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please go charge your camera batteries! I want to see how that sapphire has turned out.
9.gif

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
ok - g''luck, sis!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2009 12:59:24 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Please go charge your camera batteries! I want to see how that sapphire has turned out.
9.gif

actually SH, there''s a very good chance I''ll just have Jeff send the stone direct to BGD...
I know I won''t get to give the stone a once-over before its set this way, but both Brian and Jeff take awesome photos and are going to do a bunch for me
5.gif

This will be the first time though that I have a stone sent for setting without ever seeing it IRL
23.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2009 1:36:54 PM
ok - g''luck, sis!

cheers spirit! Any eta on yours?

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
It's on it's way but will take some time- maybe by Friday?!!!
Did you get " before" photos from all different angles? I only saw the top view. Do you like half moons or traps better?

secondhandnews

Shiny_Rock
Stepping out of lurkdom to say that I know your BGD ring will be gorgeous. I look forward to seeing pictures! He does wonderful work!!!
2.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 2:23:00 PM
Author: secondhandnews
Stepping out of lurkdom to say that I know your BGD ring will be gorgeous. I look forward to seeing pictures! He does wonderful work!!!
2.gif
AJ, I''ll bet your sapphire will be stunning!

Secondhandnews, I think you got your sapphire about the same time that I did from Richard Homer via Wink. Did you ever set it?

secondhandnews

Shiny_Rock
Not to threadjack AJ''s thread, but yes it has finally found a home.
36.gif
I have seen your thread and your JM setting is very nice. Lovely blue sapphire as well.
I don''t have any personal photos but I do have several provided by BGD.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 1:25:22 PM
It''s on it''s way but will take some time- maybe by Friday?!!!
Did you get '' before'' photos from all different angles? I only saw the top view. Do you like half moons or traps better?
oh cool how exciting!
Actually mine''s still not done, so don''t know what photos I will be receiving as yet - I imagine it will just be the usual
5.gif

Hrmm..tough choice!
Can you post the photo of the stone? (here or in anew thread)?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 2:23:00 PM
2.gif
Thanks secondhandnes - is yours that new wonderful halo pave ring on BGD''s blog?

I saw the video of your stone on Wink''s site too - it looks beautiful!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 11:38:13 PM
Not to threadjack AJ''s thread, but yes it has finally found a home.
36.gif
I have seen your thread and your JM setting is very nice. Lovely blue sapphire as well.
I don''t have any personal photos but I do have several provided by BGD.
You need to start an SMTR on that baby second!!
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
MY SAPPHIRE IS COMPLETE!!!
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif

Jeff is such a nice guy, even though it was almost midnight there he sent me the news -
the stats are literally perfect to what I was after:

My "blue beauty" (as Jeff referred to it, he he), is 2.02 ct, and measures 6.4 x 7.3 mm. Clarity is excellent, as is color.

However...of course with the late hour, no photos until tomorrow - I know, I know..sorry!
41.gif

It's going to be such a looooong wait, lol...!

As soon as the photos are approved, it ships off overnight to BGD
36.gif

So with a bit of luck, I may have a CAD to share mid next week.
Or.....maybe I'll make ya's wait, mua ha ha...
11.gif
3.gif
41.gif

secondhandnews

Shiny_Rock
AJ - Yes that is my sapphire on BGD''s blog. I have no photos of my own - never had much luck photographing rings. You think I would need to accomplish that as much I love jewelry!!! Can''t wait for pictures of your ring. An no fair making us wait. You have to share CAD''s and all!!!
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 11:02:44 PM
AJ - Yes that is my sapphire on BGD''s blog. I have no photos of my own - never had much luck photographing rings. You think I would need to accomplish that as much I love jewelry!!! Can''t wait for pictures of your ring. An no fair making us wait. You have to share CAD''s and all!!!
9.gif

Your ring is really something special second - if I remember correctly it was a remake? I''m so glad you really love it now.

ha ha, I know - I think I just got lucky in that the camera I bought likes to photograph in macro
5.gif

It would be great to hear about some of your other pieces or even photos if you ever can?

We''ll see about the CADs..
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results