shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you use an Ultrasonic Cleaner to often?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi
35.gif

You can buy the refurbished ultrasonic jewelry cleaner from Sharper Image ''s website. See it on their website in their Outlet store tab.

See here: link

Tempting...very tempting especially for all my future diamond purchases
27.gif
! My husband thinks PS is a "bad influence". I have just bought a new diamond and it is being set at the moment...but I am already looking for diamond studs
2.gif

Maya

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
does the solution need to go through a degassing process? my GemOro ultrasonic needs to go through this process when i use new solution.

Rae~

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/29/2005 12:15:28 AM
Author: Maya Moonstone
Hi
35.gif

You can buy the refurbished ultrasonic jewelry cleaner from Sharper Image ''s website. See it on their website in their Outlet store tab.

See here: link

Tempting...very tempting especially for all my future diamond purchases
27.gif
! My husband thinks PS is a ''bad influence''. I have just bought a new diamond and it is being set at the moment...but I am already looking for diamond studs
2.gif

Maya
Thank you Maya and others who responded by PM. I looked at the outlet store and they seem to only have the standard model available.... I am hoping to find a deluxe model as I would really like the second tray... has anyone seen a reconditioned deluxe model come up?

Perhaps it is too new, still..... I might have to wait for a while.... which will be difficult, hearing all these great stories!! But I actually don''t have much jewellery I could put in it anyway, I suppose.... my stuff is mostly silver....

But still I want one!! lol

Rae~

Shiny_Rock
Ooooh, and another question.... given that it operates on ultrasonic waves, does operating it annoy/disturb anyone''s dog/s??

Just curious if they seem to react at all.....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF I have no idea if it does or not, but literally you put the solution into the compartment, and turn it on. It''s SO easy. It does the rest.

Rae, funny you ask that because I did notice that my dog seems to be disturbed by the noise, she slinks around with her ears down until it''s done.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i'm assuming you guys rinse off the solution with warm water? can you see water spots on the stone after it dries?

Jo

Shiny_Rock
WOW, I''m just tuning in and now thinking of jumping on the bandwagon and getting a SI cleaner too! The "clean-thing" must be contagious.

Has anyone checked with their jeweler to make sure it''s safe; i.e. will not loosen stones like side baguettes or small stones on an eternity band?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2005 2:24:46 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
i''m assuming you guys rinse off the solution with warm water? can you see water spots on the stone after it dries?
DF, no, no degassing needed.

I rinse off the cleaned items with hot water and let air dry. The stones usually repel water so I don''t see any water spots, but occasionally one drip won''t just come off the pear, and then I either wipe it off before (if I catch it) or after it dries.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Just ordered my SI ultrasonic! (even though I dont have my e-ring yet!) But, its always good to be prepared, right?
I bought mine refurbished on e-bay too! Will let you know how it turns out...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
me too! (jumping on the bandwagon)
$39.99- why not?? i bet they are going to have such a surge in orders for this baby! i am even thinking this may make a great x-mas gift for my female friends!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone that has the SI ultrasonic also have a Salton Jewelry Spa? I have the Salton Jewelry Spa, and I am very impressed with how clean my rings get. I was just wondering if the ultrasonic would get them even cleaner, or if these two methods of cleaning get pretty much the same results.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Okay, everyone.

Here is a picture of the diamond after I ultrasoniced it three times on high.
It looks fairly clean right?
2.gif

131_3110 (3).JPG

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Now here is a picture of the dirt/grime that is still stuck to my ring. It is the area that is where the donut is, so I guess it''s fairly impossible to get to?

131_3123 (2).JPG

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone tried putting jewelry cleaner in the ultrasonic instead of dishwashing liquid?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Mara, still waiting!
20.gif

SI said I should be getting it today, but who knows with my mail person. He actually was the previous owner of our condo, and our neighbors say he was pretty much a lunatic. I honestly think he delivers mail to our unit LAST. So I could see him seeing the large box and saying, "ain''t going to deliver that thing today." LOL. I used to know a mail guy, and I don''t know how many times he would say that he didn''t have room in his truck for some packages or a bunch of mail and would wait an extra day to either deliver it. Argh.

Mark my words, if this box is not at my front door when I get home, USPS is going to get an ear full from me!!
11.gif
11.gif
And people wonder why I use UPS or FedEx
39.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow you have good eyes Kayla...I can''t see a thing through my loupe, hehee.

I''d add more solution aka ammonia or something to help. I really used alot of cleaner and only like 1/2 water maybe due to what others had said here. I don''t think water is going to do the trick.

Re: the Salton, I''d run a search on it as I know it has been discussed before. Recently someone said they weren''t impressed, I just recall that snippet of info.

Lastly, Jo you can also do a search on ultrasonic because this topic has come up tons of times in the past, people always want to know if it''s safe and which one is best. That is always why I was so not into one, it seemed like finding a decent one that was not expensive was too hard. So when Lynn turned me onto this thread I thought for $45 what do I have to lose?? Nothing apparently!

I just cleaned my rings YET AGAIN this morning before I take off for a long day at work...I love it. I''m turning into Ame.
9.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Here is another picture. This goes around the diamond right under the table area.
39.gif
23.gif
You can see it from the top and it makes that area look blurry or cloudy, so it''s obviously affecting the look of the diamond.

So, what would be the best way to remove this?
2.gif

I would guess a good steaming would be able to get into the crevices. I have a feeling that the diamond is really set deep into the donut, so only steam can really clean it out. I have not had my ring professionally cleaned since February when I got it back from Ritani.
2.gif

131_3119 (2).JPG

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, I "tested" mine out last night. The anticipation was killing me and they package the darn thing so well that I was going crazy! A small box inside of a huge box and all that packing stuff. But I digress, back to the story. I used about 15 sprays of Windex, one squirt of Palmolive and hot water. Ran my ring through once on the normal setting and was so thrilled at the results that I did it again on high! All I can say is WOW!!! It looks like I just got it back from the jeweler. I was so excited that I did my cz princess cut earrings just as a test. Um, they look real now. It's unbelievable. So then I tried my FI's watch band--I figured since he had to suffer through my howling and the annoying sound of the machine, he should get something in return. Ran his Tag Heuer watch band on high speed twice and it is soooo clean now. He's converted, thank god!

I can't wait to go home and try some other things: sapphire earrings, diamond pendant, etc. Yes, I need to get a life. But it's the little things that bring so much pleasure...
36.gif

By the way, I was so excited about how clean my ering was that I put it back in the jeweler's original box and put it to bed in it's special place for the night, away from the rest of my jewelry. Like an idiot, while doing my normal routine this morning I FORGOT to put it on since it wasn't with my regular jewelry and I'm not a morning person and walked out the door without it. I feel totally naked and I really wanted to show off the sparkle. I'm not telling FI, he'll have a fit!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
silly question- can you put silver items (like rings) in the regular SI machine- not the delux tarnish removal one???

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
Hey Curlygirl-

Did you submerge the whole Tag watch into the cleaner? I''m a little weary of dropping the whole thing in....

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
If the watch is water resistant, why not? Just make sure that if you have changed the battery after purchasing it, that the water resistant seal is still in tact. When I had mine changed, the jeweler could break the seal and do it in two minutes or would have to send it out to change it and maintain the seal.

thelittleguy

Rough_Rock
I''m not sure if I would submerge the whole thing...as I''m not certain that the ultrasonic movement might affect the watch movement...I think that''s why the SI comes along with the watch tray, so you can submerge the band and not the watch face...just a thought

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2005 11:22:22 AM
Author: lilyinct
Hey Curlygirl-

Did you submerge the whole Tag watch into the cleaner? I''m a little weary of dropping the whole thing in....
I only put the band in. It is waterproof but I just didn''t want to take any chances. They have this little plastic thingy that keeps the face elevated so it doesn''t get wet at all.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hint..don''t put in silver earrings with the ammonia solution...DER. i did this with my hoops and they got all gross and looks like the ammonia ate away at some of the polish.
20.gif
oh well i needed a new pair anyway!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wait until you try diamond studs. It is amazing how clean they get. I love this thing! I think most of us got it refurbished on e-bay. You can return it to any SI store if you don''t like it so there is really nothing to lose except shipping costs.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2005 11:22:22 AM
Author: lilyinct
Hey Curlygirl-

i submerge my wife''s Rolex but i don''t know if it is safe on battery operated watches.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF- SI comes with a little attachment which will hold the face of the watch above the solution.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2005 10:39:47 AM
Author: Mara
Wow you have good eyes Kayla...I can''t see a thing through my loupe, hehee.

I''m turning into Ame.
9.gif
It is my evil plot to make you all neurotic.

Butterfly, do you have a little cleaning brush like the one that comes with WF cleaner? I use those to get underneath when I can''t get it normally.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2005 10:01:21 AM
Author: jcrow
me too! (jumping on the bandwagon)
$39.99- why not?? i bet they are going to have such a surge in orders for this baby! i am even thinking this may make a great x-mas gift for my female friends!
Been there done that last year! Though I got them the new version, not refurbished.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im giving my friends a bottle of wf cleaner with whatever I buy them ;-) We aren''t "allowed?" to spend over $25.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results