shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I try on your ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I cannot agree more with Kaleigh----I just don''t have the guts to say something so straight forward :) That is b/c I am a pansy!
14.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I would not have a problem if a close family member or friend wanted to try on my ring, and I can imagine alot of reasons why they might, another, closer way of admiring it, a way of sharing, also seeing what a ring like that looks on their hand. Heck I let them hold my baby (which is a heck of alot more valuable)! I guess I almost see it as a sign of affection, just like how my Dad always has to have a bite of food off my plate when we are at a restaurant. (But then again, I''m half Greek).

What I would suggest is put it more on yourself, say sorry I''d rather not, I''m just superstitious that way.
That way they would see it as your personal deal and not be offended.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take a page out of Nancy Reagan''s book: I just say "no".
2.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2008 5:29:23 PM

Author: Sparkster

Date: 1/22/2008 10:49:13 PM

Author: AGBF

The question is: do I take the engagement ring and its symbolism that seriously?

Deb

34.gif

I take the symbolism seriously, but not to the extent that I would ever reject an upgrade!

People are so interesting. We are all so different! My original engagement ring, which has been shown in some threads, probably cost-at the very most-$200.00. And in 1977 that would have been a lot of money to my husband (then my fiancé) and me! If I had wanted to "upgrade" it, in other words, it wouldn't have taken me very far!

On the other hand, I do not believe I could ever have given up that ring. Its sentimental value to me is just enormous...even when I want to throw my husband out the window!!!

Yet I would have gladly taken off the ring or my wedding band or any of the other solitaires with which I have replaced that engagement ring over the years for friends or family members to try on. (When I say, "replaced", I mean that I vary what I wear as a wedding band and that I have had solitaires other than my e-ring. My e-ring is not a solitaire at all. It is two one-point diamonds inside a gold oval.)

Keeping my e-ring, which does not fit at the moment, is what matters to me. I wouldn't want to trade it in. I don't mind someone trying it on.

Chacun a son gout!

Deb
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results