shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I please see your LOGR Legacy style rings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I have a new obsession. Now that my ering upgrade is complete and on my hand I''m lusting after a coloured stone ring. Specifically, I want a LOGR Legacy style with a coloured stone- just not sure what the stone of my dreams is yet! I searched and couldn''t find a thread like this (so I apologize if I''m duplicating). I would love it if you could all please post pics of your LOGR Legacy style rings here, along with the specs. My own ring will be a project for the future so I want a thread to drool over while I save my pennies!

Thank you so much!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s my 3.5 carat spessartite asscher in an 8x8mm Legacy LOGR. It''s prong set vs bezel set like the traditional Tiffany rings. The diamonds were upgraded on this one, and look great. I have two others where the diamonds were not upgraded. They are both 7x7''s and one has an Afghan tourmaline, but the diamonds are single cuts. The other one has full cuts, and nicer diamonds, but not upgraded.

TLspesseveningsun2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a crappy picture of an Afghan tourmaline I purchased from Gene at precisiongem.com. It's bezeled in a 7x7 LOGR. The stone is beautiful, but I regret bezeling it. Water and gook is condensed under there, and it's hard to clean, so I might take the stone out of here. LaurenThePartier probably has the largest collection of Legacy LOGR's here. I hope she posts pictures, but if not, you can see them all in her gallery shots.

tourmaline_logr_afghan2.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s my Umbalite Garnet:

Umbalite%20Garnet%20in%20LOGR%20setting1_1.JPG

Umbalite%20Garnet%20profile_1.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
bad%20ring%20015.jpg

LOGR with Garnet

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have 4 of them currently, all set in the stock 7x7mm setting. None of the settings have been upgraded.

Barry Bridgestock Amethyst.

original.aspx

My BE Pad

original.aspx

The one that started it all, my Barry Bridgestock Mozambique Tourmaline.

original.aspx

And my GemRite Malaya Garnet

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and all 4 together.

original.aspx

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
LTP, what is the cut on your BE pad? Its absolutely gorgeous...I think I can see steps in it and doesn''t seem like a traditional cushion?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 2:47:05 PM
Author: szh07
LTP, what is the cut on your BE pad? Its absolutely gorgeous...I think I can see steps in it and doesn't seem like a traditional cushion?
Thank you mSzh07! It was sold to me as a mixed cut cushion. It's got a step cut pavilion, and brilliant crown. Really cool looking in person.
1.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 4:25:13 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
LTP, what is the cut on your BE pad? Its absolutely gorgeous...I think I can see steps in it and doesn''t seem like a traditional cushion?
Thank you mSzh07! It was sold to me as a mixed cut cushion. It''s got a step cut pavilion, and brilliant crown. Really cool looking in person.
1.gif
That one really jumped out to me too ... I hadn''t remembered that story and boy was I surprised when I read it! What a rollercoaster of emotions! So glad you ended up with it anyway Lauren ... but, man, if you ever get tired of it SIGN ME UP!!!
18.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

LTP, what is the cut on your BE pad? Its absolutely gorgeous...I think I can see steps in it and doesn't seem like a traditional cushion?

Thank you mSzh07! It was sold to me as a mixed cut cushion. It's got a step cut pavilion, and brilliant crown. Really cool looking in person.
1.gif

Neat! It is really gorgeous. I love cushions, but that one just makes you do a double take!
36.gif

ETA: Is there a thread about it around here somewhere? I just looked but didn't see anything.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 4:35:38 PM
Author: decodelighted

Thank you mSzh07! It was sold to me as a mixed cut cushion. It''s got a step cut pavilion, and brilliant crown. Really cool looking in person.
1.gif
That one really jumped out to me too ... I hadn''t remembered that story and boy was I surprised when I read it! What a rollercoaster of emotions! So glad you ended up with it anyway Lauren ... but, man, if you ever get tired of it SIGN ME UP!!!
18.gif
LOL, Deco. Thank you! It''s actually one of my favourites just because of everything I went through with it. I love the colour, and as long as it stays pretty stable, the only people who know it''s BE are you guys, and my jeweler.
3.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 4:51:05 PM

1.gif

Neat! It is really gorgeous. I love cushions, but that one just makes you do a double take!
36.gif

ETA: Is there a thread about it around here somewhere? I just looked but didn''t see anything.
Here you go, SZH. Beware, it''s a roller coaster of a thread!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-padparadcha-paging-linda.111101/

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are all dool worthy.
30.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
DD would love that setting. Is there some kind of stock number so I can look for it? She wants an 8x8ish pink stone [thinking sapphire so she can wear it every day].

Thanks.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 7:52:36 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
DD would love that setting. Is there some kind of stock number so I can look for it? She wants an 8x8ish pink stone [thinking sapphire so she can wear it every day].

Thanks.
Diamante, here''s the link for a current LOGR auction for that setting. That seller also has a similar setting that''s a 7x7mm cushion (the ratio of the halo is just a bit different), and also a round. An 8mm sapphire sounds incredible!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I will hopefully have my own legacy-like LOGR delivered tomorrow (been stuck in OH over the weekend!). I ordered it in 18K white gold with upgraded diamonds, so I''ll post pics once it arrives!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/2/2009 8:20:02 PM
Author: cellentani

Thanks.
Diamante, here''s the link for a current LOGR auction for that setting. That seller also has a similar setting that''s a 7x7mm cushion (the ratio of the halo is just a bit different), and also a round. An 8mm sapphire sounds incredible!
The only thing I would caution about the 8x8 Legacy LOGR is that it doesn''t come with prongs, and my jeweler charged $120 to add prongs. I wonder how much LOGR would charge to add prongs. Therefore if you want that for a prong set ring, that''s something to consider. It is a very beautiful setting for the price though.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 8:41:22 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 8/2/2009 8:20:02 PM

Thanks.
Diamante, here's the link for a current LOGR auction for that setting. That seller also has a similar setting that's a 7x7mm cushion (the ratio of the halo is just a bit different), and also a round. An 8mm sapphire sounds incredible!
The only thing I would caution about the 8x8 Legacy LOGR is that it doesn't come with prongs, and my jeweler charged $120 to add prongs. I wonder how much LOGR would charge to add prongs. Therefore if you want that for a prong set ring, that's something to consider. It is a very beautiful setting for the price though.
I did ask to have prongs added, and I don't think it was more than the $30 customization fee. I also asked to have the inside polished, which they normally don't do. We'll see how it turns out.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 8:22:41 PM
I will hopefully have my own legacy-like LOGR delivered tomorrow (been stuck in OH over the weekend!). I ordered it in 18K white gold with upgraded diamonds, so I''ll post pics once it arrives!

Oh my! That sounds like it will be a real beauty! I can''t wait to see it.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
How much of a size range (mm-wise) do these settings have? I recently got my first LOGR and the setting was slightly too large for the gem I wanted to use. No biggie really because I decided I didn''t like the gem in it (it needs a bezel). Nevertheless, I want to be a littlle more prepared in my LOGR knowledge the next time around
28.gif

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for posting those pics. I LOVE all your rings. Now I want them all! I think I''d like to look at a cushion cut aquamarine- which vendor would you suggest? And if I order the setting to fit a 6 mm stone, should I be looking only at stones that are exactly 6 mm or is there a little wiggle room?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 12:42:31 AM
Author: upgrade
Thank you so much for posting those pics. I LOVE all your rings. Now I want them all! I think I'd like to look at a cushion cut aquamarine- which vendor would you suggest? And if I order the setting to fit a 6 mm stone, should I be looking only at stones that are exactly 6 mm or is there a little wiggle room?
It depends on if you want it prong or bezel set. A bezel setting requires a pretty exact measurement - if your stone is just a hair too small, a jeweler can sometimes make it work, but you'll end up with a thicker bezel. If the stone is just bit big (and we're talking a tenth of a millimeter, maybe two), an experienced jeweler can perhaps remove some of the inside of the bezel, but not too many jewelers will want to do that. And if it isn't done perfectly, you'll end up with a wonky bezel.
14.gif

Prongs are usually more accomodating, but with a cushion, you'll want to make sure the distance between the prongs lines up with the stones. For example, a 6mm round cushion would have the prongs at a different distance than a 6mm square cushion (the diagonal measurement would be different).

ETA: I guess I would recommend that you get your stone first because LOGR can customize the stone to fit. If you're stone is smaller than their stock setting, it's usually just $30 to have it customized.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/3/2009 10:08:50 AM

Date: 8/3/2009 12:42:31 AM
Author: upgrade
Thank you so much for posting those pics. I LOVE all your rings. Now I want them all! I think I''d like to look at a cushion cut aquamarine- which vendor would you suggest? And if I order the setting to fit a 6 mm stone, should I be looking only at stones that are exactly 6 mm or is there a little wiggle room?
It depends on if you want it prong or bezel set. A bezel setting requires a pretty exact measurement - if your stone is just a hair too small, a jeweler can sometimes make it work, but you''ll end up with a thicker bezel. If the stone is just bit big (and we''re talking a tenth of a millimeter, maybe two), an experienced jeweler can perhaps remove some of the inside of the bezel, but not too many jewelers will want to do that. And if it isn''t done perfectly, you''ll end up with a wonky bezel.
14.gif

Prongs are usually more accomodating, but with a cushion, you''ll want to make sure the distance between the prongs lines up with the stones. For example, a 6mm round cushion would have the prongs at a different distance than a 6mm square cushion (the diagonal measurement would be different).

ETA: I guess I would recommend that you get your stone first because LOGR can customize the stone to fit. If you''re stone is smaller than their stock setting, it''s usually just $30 to have it customized.
I just want to add that the cost to have something customised by LOGR can vary. ALSO, he can''t customise the majority of his settings so you do need to ask before buying!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 1:38:38 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

I just want to add that the cost to have something customised by LOGR can vary. ALSO, he can''t customise the majority of his settings so you do need to ask before buying!
Yeah, that is true, and always ask before bidding! I think what I was clumsily trying to say was that when I''ve asked to customize for a smaller stone, his prices are usually in the $30 range, but if I need the setting larger for a bigger stone, his price to customize is much higher - I''ve had quotes from $80 to over $120. Keep in mind though, a larger setting will require more gold and diamonds.

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Another question for you (I seem ot be full of those!)... What are the outer dimensions of the 7 mm and 8 mm rings? I want one!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hi upgrade - you''d asked about my blue topaz, and I while I answered your question in my thread, I thought I''d post a follow-up here in hopes you''d be more likely to see it.

I''ve been emailing back and forth with Bob (the guy who cut my blue topaz) today, and I mentioned that you were looking for something similar. He said he does have more topaz rough in that color and would be willing to cut something for you. Of course there''s no pressure, but if you''re interested, just contact him. He sometimes takes a day or two to answer emails (he''s just moved and is still sorta in transition), and he''ll probably tell you he''s happy to cut as long as you''re not in a hurry. Let me know if you have any questions - I''m happy to help.

And are you still interested in knowing outside dimensions of those legacy settings? I only have the 8mm, and you said you wanted 7mm.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Though I don''t have an LOGR ring I recently started thinking about getting one and I really appreciate all the info y''all have posted. Keep it coming!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results