shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone recommend a e-ring setting w/ the following characteristics?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
1) 2mm in width
2) platinum
3) 4-prong
4) graceful, fluted prongs like the classic Tiffany setting
5) diamond is set low
6) non knife-edge band

Thanks so much!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's a pic of the stuller settings. I don't believe they are knife edge. They come in plat. looks like the low set 4 prong one might work? Patty has one, you can pm here for more info but I personally love the look and considered using the head on my e-ring at one time.

sidestullerviews.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
mrssalvo is right. The Stuller Solstice comes in a knife edge or a non-knife edge which I believe they call their bombe shank. Here is a picture from BTD with two Solstices...one knife edged and one not. These are 6 prongs each but you could get 4 prongs. Also, you can choose higher or lower set heads.

I do believe that the Stuller band is more like 2.3 mms or maybe 2.6 mms.

88913-V5020.jpg
82886-LightYellowInterlapRoundwithMoissanite002.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Here is another shot of the bombe shank Solstice. I can''t find one with just 4 prongs for you...

250923-sols.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Still looking for a 4-pronged for you, but in the meantime...

PICT13602.jpg

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the advice thus far! I like the Stuller setting, but it seems like it has a lot of metal in the prongs compared to the Tiffany setting. Or am I just not remembering accurately?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you may have a tough time finding a stock piece with all the criteria you listed. The Tiffany Head is copyrighted and any close pieces have the knife edge too. have you considered going custom?

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, that''s what I was thinking mrssalvo. I really like the original Tiffany setting, but it''s a little thick for my tastes. I guess I''ll contact WF to see if they can modify their knife-edge setting a bit.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Call GOG, I tried on a ring that matches that description exactly in their store last Tuesday. I dont know if this would help but it was about 400$ (I think) for the plat and was the second one from the box of solitaires I tried on.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Stuller makes a variety of tiffany styles, I believe what you want are called the "comfort tiffanies." The prongs are thin (less metal than the solstice) but the prongs are not just like the orig Tiffany setting however (not split). Most any store will have their catalogue and you can view solitaires til your head explodes!
You should try to view them in person if possible. I didn;t like the solstice at all in the pictures, but loved it in person. It has a certain uniqueness and grace that isn''t captured in the photos. I particularly liked it in 4 prong. It was a close runner up to my vatche x prong (and would have been half the price too).
Also check the solitiare selection on whiteflash - they have several that may be what you are looking for.
With the variety of simple solitaires out there, I doubt you''ll need to go custom to find what you want.
Good luck, let us know what you choose.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Basket setting s(those with space not metal under the culet of the diamond are lower settings - like the classic Cartier solitaire and THIS

danielle-engring-3.jpg

CartierRing.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results