shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling two-tone lovers!

KiloSierra

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The area circled may affect the color reflected in your diamond, FYI. I have a solitaire set with a platinum bezel with the gallery, bridge and shank in 14 kt rose gold. My stone is also set low like yours. I feel it added a little warmth to the diamond which I am personally more than OK with.
I agree that changing the metal may weaken the prongs? Are you working with David Klass? If so, I would ask their opinion. That may make the decision easier.

I had to go check out your post! I love the edgy addition of those two black rhodium bands!! Your reset is just beautiful!! You have so many options with those bands and that beautiful e-ring!!

I am working with David Klass! I love how to-the-point he has been. No fluff, all business! He’s super nice and I’ve never had a designer more prompt with emails as him.

The diamond is a high F, so I feel like it would be ok with either plat or gold on the donut? He had created another design for us that had only platinum prong struts and a pave basket bar so I’m not sure why he designed this the way he has. I’ll be sure to post his ideas here when we have them!

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
I had to go check out your post! I love the edgy addition of those two black rhodium bands!! Your reset is just beautiful!! You have so many options with those bands and that beautiful e-ring!!

I am working with David Klass! I love how to-the-point he has been. No fluff, all business! He’s super nice and I’ve never had a designer more prompt with emails as him.

The diamond is a high F, so I feel like it would be ok with either plat or gold on the donut? He had created another design for us that had only platinum prong struts and a pave basket bar so I’m not sure why he designed this the way he has. I’ll be sure to post his ideas here when we have them!

Thank you for the compliments! I have started collecting stacking bands. I needed setting that would accommodate different bands and would sit flush. Amy at David Klass is great to work with, I believe she is the one that creates all the CADS. She has been so patient with my never-ending questions and revisions. It’s great that you are bringing up anything you are questioning or thinking about now.

An F colorless diamond will look great in any metal. I am sorry I missed that very important detail before. The platinum prongs is a great choice.

If you plan to wear a band with your ring it might be worth asking how the band will sit next to the existing design. There is a thread called something like “team gap or flush” where there are photos of bands and how they sit next to rings is posted. I learned I am team flush :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m unsure how big the donut is and have emailed him back a few times today in regards to the size. He has suggested a few changes that would lessen the gap that he said he would show me.

The band is about 2mm wide, do you think increasing the band width would then make the space between them smaller? I’m ok with a gap, it comes with the elongated stone territory. I have short stumpy fingers and would like to be able to stack two bands if I can do it without looking like a cabbage patch hand.

I don't think increasing the band width is necessary, I think David could just make the donut smaller. The presence of a donut will create at least a slight gap. Sometimes a larger donut is necessary for a larger diamond like yours. Anyway, it sounds like David is going to give you some options.

How are you feeling about the metal color?

KiloSierra

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the compliments! I have started collecting stacking bands. I needed setting that would accommodate different bands and would sit flush. Amy at David Klass is great to work with, I believe she is the one that creates all the CADS. She has been so patient with my never-ending questions and revisions. It’s great that you are bringing up anything you are questioning or thinking about now.

An F colorless diamond will look great in any metal. I am sorry I missed that very important detail before. The platinum prongs is a great choice.

If you plan to wear a band with your ring it might be worth asking how the band will sit next to the existing design. There is a thread called something like “team gap or flush” where there are photos of bands and how they sit next to rings is posted. I learned I am team flush :)

Thanks for all the helpful notes!! I honestly thought a “simple” solitaire would be an easy design but here we are…. Lol

I appreciate everyone chiming in!!

I just looked through the Gap/No Gap thread - so many pretty sets in there! I think I’m team tiny gap? David had replied a few times that sometimes he doesn’t suggest a gold base for the exact reason you posted! I don’t think I had posted specs yet. *I’m fairly certain we have family who lurk so I don’t want to let too much out yet. This is a milestone ring. *

KiloSierra

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don't think increasing the band width is necessary, I think David could just make the donut smaller. The presence of a donut will create at least a slight gap. Sometimes a larger donut is necessary for a larger diamond like yours. Anyway, it sounds like David is going to give you some options.

How are you feeling about the metal color?

Thanks for chiming in!

He had suggested exactly what you said! We have a design element that’s going in the base of the donut so I’m hoping we can get the best of both worlds! Making the donut smaller could also make the diamond sit higher and I would take a gap over a higher set stone.

I have platinum pieces thus far and have been wanting a gold piece! I am seriously loving all the warm, buttery brushed vintage-styled pieces so I figured this will be a nice change up!

David confirmed he will change the base to yellow gold and make the rest of the head platinum.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results