shape
carat
color
clarity

calling all you chihuahua lovers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Inspired by Italia''s thread in FHH. I noticed there are a few of us Chi owners. I remember Ninama posting some pics awhile back too.

So post some pics! Brag about your babies! I posted this pic in the HLT last week, but I will repost it here. Is anyone else a complete sucker for their chihuahua like I am? Please say yes! I feel like I am TOTALLY going to be the crazy dog lady!

rhett from website2.jpg

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Oooo, I love my babies and I wanna play!

This is Chupacabra...he''s my rescue...

Chup1.jpg

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Here are my little boys together at the park

chup&D.jpg

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
here is Diesel as a baby...he was sooooo cute.

D was a rescue...and came to us with a hernia, skin issues and a host of other problems...now, he''s just a big fat happy Chi!

dbaby.jpg

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Mark and the boys at the same park

markchup&d.jpg

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Us...again.

memarkchup.jpg

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!! I love the pics! And how cute are you and your DH?!? Love the color of your hair.

How much do yours weigh? Is Diesel a blue? His coloring looks like my Rhett''s! People always comment that they have never seen one that color, do you get that too? They are too cute! Love the puppy pic.

Are you doing Halloween costumes?

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Chups is about 4 pounds on a good day...but normally is bout 3.5lbs.

Big D (as you can see) is about 9lbs...we call him our big fat Chihuahua. But he weight mystifies Mark and I...he is extremely active, eats raw food, and still can't shed his baby fat. LOL.

Yes, he's a blue and fawn. I love the color...but it came with a mess of pigment related issues...such as skin issues. Oh well, he's a cutie!

BTW, you Chi is a-dor-a-ble!! So cute!

Yes, they are dressing up--as they do every year. Chups will be a skunk and D is a chicken. I usually try to dress them in a "theme"...last year they were respectfully a bat and spider.

I dress them all the time--I believe whole heartedly they have a better collection of clothing than I have...they each have 3 Juicy coats, LV collars for special occasions, for daily wear they each have swavorski crystal encrusted bone custom made collars (Chups is clear/Ds' is blue), a mess of little t-shirts, jerseys, oxford shirts, oye vey...I find them so darn cute I can't help but be indulgent of their needs.

What is your little one dressing up as????

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Skin problems, really? Wow, I will have to be on the lookout. But they both have the cute little fawn eyebrows! Mine is a long coat, but they say he won''t get his adult coat until he is about 3. It gets longer all the time though!

He weighs about 9lbs as well. Its insane! He is a teeny bit chubby, but never eats that much and is very active. So we are walking more now. I met his parents, and his Dad was a solid guy but not as big as he is, and his mom was pretty little, so who knows! I wonder if the blue ones tend to be bigger? His dad was blue, his mom a LC chocolate.

He doesn''t really like to wear clothes, but I love to get him cute collars and harnesses. Right now I want to order him one of these in the anchor pattern!

For Halloween, I ordered him a little sailor outfit. I am going as a girl sailor, so we will match. It hasn''t gotten here yet, so I hope it fits! I also picked up a little pumpkin hat from Target, since I call him pumpkin all the time.
26.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
What a great thread!

I assume non-US passpost holding Chihuahua''s are allowed?

This is Winter-Chic!

1doggie4fakefur.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Your doggies are so super cute!

So do you have any vendors you use to buy outfits? I am desperatly looking for new cute stuff.

3doggie1channel.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Now, I know this is fake but I did not buy it! So try not to throw too many bad fruits at me. She looks too super cute to keep this jacket in the closet. I think it is her private detective look...

4doggie8privatedetective.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 10:52:49 AM
Author: Italiahaircolor
here is Diesel as a baby...he was sooooo cute.

D was a rescue...and came to us with a hernia, skin issues and a host of other problems...now, he's just a big fat happy Chi!
I love your doggies. I do not see many Chihuahua's around here and have never seen a white one or a puppy - So adorable!

Miscka - Your little bundle has those yummy fluffy ears, so sweet!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Last one! Movie Star Glam...

I got Lena from a shelter about 6 months ago and she fit right in. That is until this week, she has become very disobedient so it is as of yesterday, tough love week - no sleeping in the bed
39.gif
, no treats
32.gif
, until she behaves again. I HATE doing it but I do not want a bad doggie, I am sure she will buck up again- Soon.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
D was also a rescue, so I dont know much about his parents...but yes, blues have more problems. Blue, is a designer color, its created by marrying two deluted pigments--which is why ther skin burns easier in the sun and stuff like that because they dont have the pigment to support it. This past Spring D got a nasty rash on his back---he lost hair, got sores--he rushed him to the vet and had a bunch of work done...nothing, not a thing was wrong. My vet gave us a special shampoo and medicine and it cleared right up...even his hair grew back eventually.

D just reached 9lbs this year (he''s 2)...when he was a pup, he was very little. We kept him in a plastic storage bin (top off of course) like the lady suggest...and once he got big enough, he used to hang on the edge with his little front legs. I still laugh thinking about it.

Steel

Ideal_Rock

7doggie7darrhling.jpg

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
I am a total chi lover. They are my favorite breed, I just think that they have the best personalities. My dogs are great, easy to travel with, and I love them to death!

First up is my oldest Elizabeth Taylor, she is 3 1/2 years old.

elizabeth1.jpg

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Next is Scarlett O''Hara, she is just over 1 years old. This picture is from the day we brought her home, a little after 8 weeks I believe. I don''t have any new pics on this laptop.

scarlett1.jpg

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
OMG you guys have some of the cutest chi''s! Bring on the pics!
9.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Lindsey!! You have a Scarlett O''Hara! That is hilarious...mine is Rhett Butler! And both of yours have the great eyebrows...thanks for the pics!

Steel I LOVE the fashions! Especially the winter coat. I think RB needs a hoodie for this winter!

Italia thanks for the info about the blue. I had no idea that it was a designer color. So far, Rhett is remarkably hearty. I think part of that is his size! I actually like that he is a bit "bigger".

Rhett''s ears are by far my favorite part of him. HOWEVER his tail runs a close second! He has a curly tail that is grey with a white tip, and it looks like some kind of fan or mohawk! I will try to get a pic...but its never still!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Lindsey, your chi''s a lovely...really! Did you go thru a breeder? Is so, I want the name! Both of my boys a rescues...and I adore them to pieces...but I have a longing to have little girl chi.

Mark has always been "no, no, noing" my desire...but since we''ve embarked upon TTC with no luck, he''s a little bit more senstive to my puppy needs!

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Miscka get out of here, that is too cute! And yes, I have a thing for chi''s with the eyebrow masking
2.gif
It just gives them the funniest facial expressions.

Italia yes I went through a breeder for both of my girls, but they are not related.

Scarlett my youngest girl is from http://www.dogwoodgapkennels.com/ in Georgia, and we drove down to get her. The breeder breeds both chihuahuas and pomeranians and they''re all adorable. She has a new chi litter every few months, and it will usually alternate between short and long hair. I stalked her site for over 6 months waiting for the right chi.

Miss Elizabeth came from a breeder in Michigan and I flew out to get her. I wouldn''t recommend her though, I had a negative experience with the lady.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I am going to make Mark look at the babies tonight, and maybe call this woman tomorrow...I think they are all TDF, and if she has the right one, I''d fly out Thursday to bring it home!

Ugh, some women go nuts for diamonds, I love me some cute lil'' pups 10times more!

golden

Shiny_Rock
THIS IS MY BOY PIERRE, HE IS 10 YEARS OLD AND HE IS THE LOVE OF OUR LIVES. HE IS THE SWEETEST MOST KIND, GENTLE, AND LOVING DOG.

Pierre 12_2007.JPG

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Haha I love how his head is cocked, quite a smart little guy! Very cute
1.gif

golden

Shiny_Rock
this is from 2 years ago....I am trying to upload a picture from when he was a little boy, he used to be all black around the face

Pierre 2006 car ride.JPG

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
AHHHHH Golden I am dying here!!! I REALLY hope Rhett's hair looks like that one day!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Any other pics to share?

Italia, would you want LC or short? Any color preference?

You should check out some of the chihuahua forums (don't think I can link them here...), I hang around one and there are quite a few good breeders/recommendations you can find there if Lindsey's doesn't have the right one for you.

I hope you get a new one, so we can get some pics!! I used to think about one day getting a girl for Rhett (named Scarlett of course) but I am not sure I have room in my heart for another! I am just so attached I can't imagine sharing my attention with another one. LOL I guess I can't ever have more than one kid, either!

Lindsey, when you get a chance I would love to see some grown-up pictures of Scarlett!

Chi puppies are seriously too cute. Those teeny feet
30.gif
30.gif

ETA: Golden, I love his elbow hair! Gah!

golden

Shiny_Rock
Here is Pierre as a baby and the last picture I put the picture next to him a few minutes ago as I cry about how is is 10 years old already and can''t imagine my life without him, no really, I am crying as I write this haha we just love him so much, you know? He is our family, we take him everywhere with us, he LOVES going in the car...he knows when we are going out and he goes pee pee on the paper and he will wait by the door or in his bed. We used to have a bag for him so he would jump in his bag and wait haha it was so cute, we would find him in there just waiting to go out. So funny- we were at the vet once and he was so affraid so he tried jumping into someone elses purse hahahahaha

Pierre Baby.JPG

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 1:52:54 PM
Author: golden
THIS IS MY BOY PIERRE, HE IS 10 YEARS OLD AND HE IS THE LOVE OF OUR LIVES. HE IS THE SWEETEST MOST KIND, GENTLE, AND LOVING DOG.
Oh my God, he is...in one word...adorable. I love his expression!

Aren''t Chi''s just the sweetest dogs? People think they are vicious ankle biters...and I''m sure some are...but ones that you put time into loving and just the most wonderful little slices of Heaven.

golden

Shiny_Rock
It really upset us when we hear people saying how vicious Chihuahua''s are. My best friend has Pierre''s brother, his name is Sox. He is a smoothe coat Chihuahua. He is just as sweet as Pierre, but hyper, Pierre is very calm, when Sox and Pierre played for the first time, Pierre just wanted to be picked up and held hahaha

I have so many pictures on my phone.....
here are a bunch.....
I dont know how to put them in one post sorry!!

pierre red bed.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results