shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to drop by and say CONGRATS to our new mommies, Natalina and Mandarine! Good going ladies!

Nat - Ellie is adorable!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
OMGOSH ladies - I just felt two little thumps down low! Oohhh I am SO excited!!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Just delurking to say CONGRATULATIONS to Natalina and Mandarine! Way to go, mamas! I love the names both of you chose.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow Mandy--
double congrats on your little guys.
can''t wait to see pictures and hear your birth story.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 2:28:31 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
OMGOSH ladies - I just felt two little thumps down low! Oohhh I am SO excited!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol viz re: the people who like to give you lectures ... we went to japanese last nite and we were laughing at the people in the restaurant prob going ummm is that a pregnant woman? but my dr told me that if it's a place i have gone to a lot and trust it and have not gotten sick, chances are EXTREMELY low anything will happen. and we have been going to this place for 10+ years and i only eat rolls now which are minimal fish. so anyway. i also have like 1-2oz of wine sometimes if we are at a nice dinner. and LOL re the cooked baby..my friend said that too when she used to get sushi.
5.gif

mp yay, i love the kicks...!!! the funny thing now is that i think gee he is soo active but i realize he has prob ALWAYS been active, i just actually feel it now. kinda freaky actually because man he likes to move around.

ginger re: kicking the remote off, mine is still to the left and fairly low so i still feel him down low... no kicking off the belly anything right now... but maybe soon. i am going to ask dr also like when is it realistic to expect him to MOVE?

umm i hae some maternity pants on and they are digging into the bottom of my belly. thought these things were supposed to be COMFY?

Festy

Shiny_Rock
Wowee! Congratulations Mandy and Natalina!!!!! How the time flies...I remember both of your BFPs like they were yesterday!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 3:03:21 PM
Author: Mara

mp yay, i love the kicks...!!! the funny thing now is that i think gee he is soo active but i realize he has prob ALWAYS been active, i just actually feel it now. kinda freaky actually because man he likes to move around.

umm i hae some maternity pants on and they are digging into the bottom of my belly. thought these things were supposed to be COMFY?

Lol I kept imaging her like a little fish, swimming and flipping around in there. I''d lay in bed at night flat on my back and super still, concentrating to see if I could feel a kick, but got nothing. And then today I was busy, working away and not paying attention, and I felt a little *THUMP* So I stopped and thought, "Did I imagine that?" (cause I''m pretty sure I have been imaging little movements down there, hoping for a kick!) So I sat still for about 30 seconds, and there came another one. It was so exciting!

And the maternity pants I am wearing now FEEL loose, until I sit down and they slide down a bit. Then they push in on my belly in the weirdest way. So strange.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, isn''t it the best??

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 4:03:33 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Yay, isn''t it the best??

I won''t lie - I ran around the office and told everybody lol. I am one of THOSE people.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine!!!! Congrats!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
okay, my last reply was while I was at work so I could only write something quickly.

Mandarine: I''m so excited for you! I''ll miss being able to announce how far along we are together (We were exactly 1 week apart for those who didn''t know). Your birth makes me crazy nervous though--because that means the lady ahead of me and behind me has given birth! (It was you and Peony! I was surrounded by Twin Boys!).

I can''t wait to see pictures of you and your little ones.

Thanks for the advice on the stroller situation. I talked to my husband yesterday and he said he had just talked to his mom and that she is "Saving up the money" for it. Why would you volunteer to buy something if you couldn''t afford it? I think she might have been in grandparent competition at the time (My dad had mentioned the stuff he had just bought when she volunteered). We even picked one of the cheapest travel systems at Babies R Us to make sure they would be okay to afford it. Oh well, I''m sure it''ll come soon.

The baby is dropping I think. I had terrible pain in my lady parts today for about 30 minutes (When I was walking). Later on, I just felt pressure in my lower stomach/pelvis area. He also wasn''t rubbing on my ribs as much---so I''m thinking he''s dropping! It''s October 12th today and I''m due November 12th! It''s crazy!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Nat- Congratulations, your lil'' girl is beautiful!

Mandy- Yayyy! Can''t wait to see pictures of your healthy boys!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh tao i forgot to say that i would be the same way... and that i would prob buy a backup set and use that now, and then if she gives it to you, return hers but don''t tell her you already had one just in case. that may sound bad but what if you go into labor tomorrow?!?! i am super organized and mentally that would stress me out. and no i wouldn''t say i could buy something if i had to save up for it and it was a CRUCIAL piece of the whole setup...we''re not talking like an extra baby blanket here. but yeah gparents can def be ''heat of the moment'' hehe.

mp... yeah these pants are the same way. totally comfy standing up but when i sit the little area under the stretchy belly like DIGS right into my lower pelvis area. ugh.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 7:43:43 PM
Author: Mara
oh tao i forgot to say that i would be the same way... and that i would prob buy a backup set and use that now, and then if she gives it to you, return hers but don''t tell her you already had one just in case. that may sound bad but what if you go into labor tomorrow?!?! i am super organized and mentally that would stress me out. and no i wouldn''t say i could buy something if i had to save up for it and it was a CRUCIAL piece of the whole setup...we''re not talking like an extra baby blanket here. but yeah gparents can def be ''heat of the moment'' hehe.

mp... yeah these pants are the same way. totally comfy standing up but when i sit the little area under the stretchy belly like DIGS right into my lower pelvis area. ugh.
I hated the Maternity pants I wore back in the day... So not comfy... With all the women who have been preggo, you''d think they''d figure out how to do a line that''s comfy, designed by women who know?? Or is that asking too much... LOL!!!
20.gif

Do the pants still have that stretchy band on top?? Are they high waisted??

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Mara, MP & other who complained about maternity pants cutting into the belly
Have you tried the full panel? They are the most comfy one as your belly gets bigger. I only wear the full panel now.

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
mandarine - CONGRATS LADY!!! can''t wait to see pics of your two precious boys!!!

MP - that''s so exciting! i didn''t trust myself originally either. i kept thinking i was imagining it or over calling it because i''d been so alert for the movements for so long. so mistaking them now!

qtiekki - i''m with ya on the full panel. so not sexy but i''m over that now. give me comfort please!

our little nugget is a a traveler! today was the first day i felt him kick me up really high though, usually he hangs out about belly button level, both sides and sometimes down lower. i actually didn''t even realize my uterus was UP that high (2-3 cm above) until i felt a kick. i was like what was that?! and was feeling around and realized i was baking the next superstar soccer player
3.gif
seriously though, most of the kicks still super cute, but def some more and more each day that are making pause and blink, esp after a meal he gets super mobile. and i''m only 22.5 weeks. . .

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know i am a freak but the full panel bug me... i don''t like having stuff on my belly...the panel feels so constricting. the ones i had on today were like a partial panel and it just bugged. bah!

ginger...it may not just be that he''s a traveler but that he''s getting big. because sometimes i will feel a kick really down low and then a few seconds later one really high. so i am like wow is he really that big? but then again he is mostly on my left so i feel like he is sitting up (or down) on one side...so i guess it makes sense he is taking up most of my left side.

my super squash is an ear of corn this week. hahaha.
5.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
The full panel is actually not constricting at all b/c it''s super stretchy. Just give it a try if you haven''t already. The partial penal is more annoying b/c it ends in the middle of your belly and the panel is usually less stretchy/thicker than the full panel. I actually fold over the full panel since the top of the full panel is too loose and is bulgy under my tops. And they don''t cut into my belly that way. So maybe you can try wearing it that way if you don''t want the full panel on your belly.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 7:22:43 PM
Author: taovandel

Thanks for the advice on the stroller situation. I talked to my husband yesterday and he said he had just talked to his mom and that she is ''Saving up the money'' for it. Why would you volunteer to buy something if you couldn''t afford it? I think she might have been in grandparent competition at the time (My dad had mentioned the stuff he had just bought when she volunteered). We even picked one of the cheapest travel systems at Babies R Us to make sure they would be okay to afford it. Oh well, I''m sure it''ll come soon.
I would be antsy too. I had a situation where I ordered our stroller 9 weeks before my EDD. It arrived 2 days later, but minus a fairly vital part that the stockist had forgotten to put in. It took WEEKS to get them to send the part - and only happened after I contacted Stokke direct to ask if their supplier had gone out of business since I was getting no joy!
I''m sure you won''t have a problem like that, but I would want to know I had all the big items by 4 weeks out. Guess it''s one plus of not having baby showers - I was in charge of ordering everything!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yay Mandarine!!! Welcome to earth, boys!!!

Our LO has definitely dropped . . . there''s this weird void up near my ribs that wasn''t there before.

Sorry if this is TMI, but last night during the perineal massage DH and I got laughing about something, which made my stomach bounce all around, which made us laugh more at the thought of baby Claire bouncing all around. I just couldn''t stop laughing.

This week is it for me at work (famous last words, I know . . . now I''ll definitely have the baby before the end of the week!). Teaching is not the kind of job that is easy to just not come back to the next day, so every day I feel the need to set everything up as if I''m not coming back. It''s just too much stress, and I''ve been really exhausted recently.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
there you are PG! i thought you had gone super stealth and had a baby on us too! fun that this is your last week of work! right now i'm kicking myself that i told work i'd be here until next friday... i'm an idiot! who knew the fatigue would be this bad so late in the game (this is where a sarcastic font would come in handy
3.gif
) i wish i knew if the LO dropped, but alas... i think not. i still feel like my lungs are smooshed and walking up the stairs in our house is fun fun fun. only a few more days tho! so exciting!!!!!

re: full panel pants... OMG i think they are the ONLY way to go :) i totally agree with QT that the demi or band pants are way more uncomfortable than the full panel. agreed, they are not the sexiest around, but they make such a difference with comfort. however, right now even my full panel seven jeans cut into the lower part of my pelvis - rendering them almost unwearable.... alas, it's yoga pants and leggins for me - it's weird how big my legs have gotten in the past couple of weeks as well... like salt on the wound
2.gif

re: baby movements... mine started as flutters, then little punches, then big punches... but it wasn't until he started taking up all the room from belly button to boobs that i really felt him move.... and now i can tell "ok, butt on left, hands on right, head dancing on pelvis" etc. however, this week he's been pretty still. i'm getting my kick counts in, but it hasn't been where it was even last week. i'm hoping that he's getting ready to say "hello world"!

OMG - totally embarrassing story! last night i was getting some laundry together and felt a sneeze coming on... so i'm standing in our bedroom, sneeze, and totally pee my pants! which made me start laughing (not really what you want to do when you just pee your pants) because, come on!... really?!?!? on top of everything else now i have to worry about bladder control??!?!? am i 80??? just thought i'd share
2.gif

have a wonderful day ladies!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Tao, that situation would make me uncomfortable. Personally, I''d go ahead and buy a backup and save the receipt. If you want, and if you live pretty close to your hospital, you could even just keep the box in the basement and send hubby on a quick trip home to grab it and install it if you do go into labor before they give you the travel system they were planning on. That was my plan for it I went into labor before I was term. I think we ended up installing the carseat at somewhere around 37 weeks.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
re: Full panel, that is the only kind I have been wearing - the half panel just looks sort of unsupportive, and I was worried about it cutting in below my belly button. I think the only reason the ones I was wearing yesterday were bugging me was because they are a little loose, and I kept pulling them up up up!

vizsla, you are not alone on the sneezing thing - when I had a head cold two weeks ago, I kept coughing, and after awhile the muscles got so stressed that I was peeing a little with each cough! Soooo embarrassing, but my husband thought it was the funniest thing ever. Thanks, DH
20.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS X 2 MOMMA MANDARINE. How wonderful that the boys made their arrival safely & smoothly.
36.gif
36.gif

& Oh yes, FULL panel all the way ladies! Everything else cuts into the belly and apparently that is bad for blood flow. my DR. gave me a scolding one appnt. when i was wearing old navy elastic waist band jeans that were cutting in below the belly button!

Seriously, get your pants up to the boobs
9.gif
3.gif

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much to everyone for the congrats and compliments on our little girl. I feel rude that it has taken me so long to post again, but there's a lot to do with a little one in the house! Funny, because they really do sleep a lot, but it seems there's always something to take care of. And when she is just sleeping, well, it's hard to think of anything I'd rather do than just hold her and watch her sleep. That sweet little face...
emlove.gif

I didn't mean to say that the epidural slowed down my labor. I guess what I meant was that it never sped up to where it needed to be. Now, whether that had to do with the epi or not...who knows. Anyhoo, the contractions weren't increasing in strength or coming as close together as they needed to, so that's why I was put on the Pitocin.

I'm so excited for you guys that are nearing the big day! It's just so awesome.

Mandarine- HUGE congrats on your boys!!!!! WOW!!! I can't wait to see them! Glad to hear all went well and you & the babes are feeling good. I love your name choices. Alexander is my absolute fave boy name ever (my dad's name is the Spanish version and my brother is Alexander). Lucas is awesome too. Will you call him Luke? I love that. Sounds very tough yet sophisticated to me.

Re: full panel pants: I resisted, too. But in the end I got a couple pairs of capris and really did end up loving them. Too comfy for words!

Viz- your "pee my pants" story is too funny. I never got to that point, but was always worried about it! I'm getting really excited for you!

Uh oh- Ellie's crying. THanks again to everyone. Be back soon! Oh- and thanks too to the newborn moms for the invite to the new thread! I'm sad to leave here but excited to be there at the same time!!!! Be thinking of all my preggo gals and checking in often!!!

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, Mandarine! I can''t wait to see pics!

Were the boys delivered by c-section or vaginally? I ask because it seems like they made an appearance really soon after your water broke.

Taovandel, I''d be concerned about not having at least the car seat, too. I need very little when it comes to babies, so I make sure those things are my responsibility. I don''t have a problem telling people exactly what I need when, either. SO''s mom said a few months ago that she''s going to buy us a crib and I told her flat out NO. We co-sleep and it works for us, so I can''t see having her spend a few hundred $$ on something that won''t be used (and we really don''t have room for). I know that she believes that babies belong in a crib, but it goes against my parenting experiences, so I''m not going to do it just to keep the peace. I''m not taking much maternity leave, so I need to be able to sleep or I turn into a serious grouch. By co-sleeping, I can nurse the baby whenever he wakes without waking fully myself.

Sorry about that tangent. The point is that I think you should do what makes you feel comfortable and if that''s buying the travel system and then returning MIL''s when she gets around to buying it, do it!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
PG! You''re almost there!

Viszla- Counting down... hopefully LO will come down lower soon!!

Since I can''t contribute to the maternity pants convo, still not getting bigger
40.gif
, I''ll move right into our appt yesterday! We are now measuring at 12 weeks 2 days, but they still aren''t changing our due date.
The crazy thing, is that we know, that there is no way we could be 12 weeks 2 days. We didn''t see eachother for a whole week.
33.gif

We got to see the baby move so much, it even threw a few jabs, so if it''s a girl... we could be in for some trouble. If it''s a boy, then it''s just like it''s father and doesn''t want to be woken up.
20.gif

Baby made it almost impossible to do the NT scan, since it was completely inverted on it''s head for over 30 minutes! LOL! The doctor gave us an average measurment of 1.2mm, and told us that anything under 3.00 is good.

Anyway, boy or girl, here is our LO saying hi for the first time! (I''ll add the picture in just a minute. Email issues, sorry!)

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I was away for Thanksgiving weekend and I missed so much! CONGRATS Natalina and Mandarine! Hurray for beautiful, healthy babies!
36.gif
30.gif

Tao - We were recommended to fit the car seat and have it checked at the police station at 36 weeks, so I would be very nervous in your situation. I second (third?) the idea of buying one and keeping the receipt just in case...

Re: Maternity pants... I''ve been wearing full panels since week 16 and I love them. Super comfy!

As for me, DH and I had a drama-filled Thanksgiving weekend. We were at my parents'' Saturday and Sunday. My sister was on leave from her Army bootcamp, and she was in a bit of a pissy mood and spent pretty much the entire time away from everyone on her computer. There''s some remodelling going on at the house and with everyone there we were one bedroom short and she refused to give up her bed so I had to sleep on an inflatable mattress on the floor. At 28 weeks pregnant. Not comfy. Plus, it''s my mom''s and SIL''s birthday today so Saturday''s dinner was about Thanksgiving and the birthdays. My brother (who''s in the Navy) wanted to do a toast, so I figured he talk about how blessed we were that mom was celebrating her 55th after last year''s cancer and how much she''s done for us for half of her life, and about how little he''s seen his wife in their first year of marriage and how lucky he is that she left everything she knows to go to Nova Scotia with him... But no. Not one word about mom or SIL, or anything to be thankful for. He talked about the military, and basically told my sister that if Canada''s mission in Afghanistan was prolongued and she was sent there, he would volunteer and go with her. Now, it''s his choice and I have nothing against it per say, but I also believe there''s a time and a place for everything. My grandmother is having a hard enough time dealing with the fact that they are both in the military, so talking about the both of them going to Afghanistan is not a good idea. But that''s not even the half of it... He didn''t talk to his wife about it first. She pretty much learned about it along with everyone else. She was upset, but she reacted pretty well, considering. I don''t know how she does it. I was boiling.

DH and I went home and got hit by another familial drama storm... DH''s grandma passed away last month and her 12 children are at war over succession matters (it''s really ugly) and it seems to be the last straw for my IL''s marriage. They are talking divorce, and of course, both are badmouthing the other to DH and trying to get his sympathy for "their side". DH is pretty upset. So, we decided that we would avoid our families until the shower next month. There''s just too much drama, tension and bad vibes, we don''t need this right now.

Sorry for the vent, I had to get this out.
29.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi, girls. I think you guys talked me into getting some full panel pants. These semi paneled ones are so uncomfortable and keep flipping down on me.

So, I am 24 weeks now! I am so excited at how fast it seems to be moving now. I just have 14 more weeks to go (they are taking him early). I have been pretty active in the last week or so. I went to the gym and did the stationary bike for 30 mins and then came home and took the dog on a quick walk in the neighborhood. My only complaint is sleeping is def. getting harder. I try and try to sleep on my side, but every 30 mins or so, I will wake up on my back and have to lug myself over to the side. I haven''t gained any weight so far this month even though my appetite seems to be coming back. I just have to eat smaller portions more frequently since I am getting really bad heartburn.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results