shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Just dropping in to say congrats GingerB on team Blue and a huge congrats to Mandy on 36 weeks with the twins!!!
36.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Anchor!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh Mandarine...you look sooooo cute girl. can i just say i love how small your boobs are? yes i am hating my boobs right now. you too viz. i am jealous of girls who grow but don''t grow that much (or if you grew a lot they still look manageable). i feel like a national geographic ad. the boobs bother me more than the belly and the reason is that i don''t like constricting clothing around my rib cage...so i refuse to wear a crazy tight bra to hold the girls in. as a result i wear mostly tanks with shelf bras and that''s fine with you are a small B, but as a D or whatever i am now... it''s like comical. but i am in DENIAL and refuse to wear anything more supportive. if i do then i feel like i am choking to death and end up ripping it off anyway. i just wear like 3 layers of clothes to work so no one notices.
9.gif
i keep thinking IF ONLY they were smaller. greg said that in relation to my belly they are starting to look smaller but they are still huge. anyway vent over, bottom line is i hate my boobs, you ladies look FABULOUS!!!!!

PG... lol re: the car seat even though it''s not funny, but it is. greg was kind of the same way, he was like how hard can it really be, i can do it. but we have a program here where the police will come out and check it for you, so we are doing that. i have heard how difficult it can be, and hello it''s a program that is offered so why wouldn''t we take advantage of it? i think a lot of states offer it, so for anyone interested, maybe google your state or call your local police dept to ask. we are def scheduling our appt for like a month out just to be safe. why take a chance?

guys crack me up sometimes. this last week when i was agonizing over furniture, i had this bright idea to go to an unfinished furn store to get a dresser for like $300 and then order a swatch from PB of the honey for $20 and have the dresser stained (by the unfin store which would usually do this if you buy from them) for a price to end up with a dresser just like PB for like 1/2 price. well Greg was like, sure i''ll stain whatever you want for the baby honey. i was like uhhh no the store will. him=no i can do it!. mind you the man has never stained anything that i can recall in his life. and while he is SUPER handy...sometimes he gets it in his mind that he can do it like no one else can. that was when i was like nevermind we''ll pay the ripoff PB price just so i don''t have to have this argument. HAHA.

i am reading Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, recommended by a few friends and like a million people on Amazon. My boss gave it to me and said that a lot of her friends love it as well. It is extremely dry reading material (educational) and I have fallen asleep reading it a few times, but it''s good stuff, I like the way it explains things. Also Greg is reading ''My Boys Can Swim''...a highly recommended comedy kind of book for new dads...it is friggin hilarious and is supposed to help unravel the mystery that is pregnancy and birth for the man. hehee.

i am 24 weeks on sunday which means the nugget is viable outside the womb! yay!!! it''s a huge mental milestone for me, not like it''s a good time for him to come out but i just like knowing if something did happen he''d have a chance. morbid much, yep.

amber hope you feel better. yuck on the cold!!
mand...i don''t know what people do in our new neighborhood but i am not going to be putting anything on our house or lawn. i am also paranoid about people coming to either try to steal the kid or burglarize the house or whatever. jeez i really am morbid.
PG thanks for the info on the perineal massage. i will have to read up on it a bit.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 11:32:43 AM
Author: Mara
can i just say i love how small your boobs are? yes i am hating my boobs right now. you too viz..

oh girl... it''s only b/c my belly is so big - it''s throwing the proportions off. these suckers are a 36D and on their way up... and i started out with a cute 34B
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

my life changed when i finally broke down and bought a crappy target bra that fit these puppies. umm yeah, i can''t WAIT to get rid of them.. i feel ya.....

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Amber~I'm sorry you're having asthma issues! My allergist had me on my Advair 250/50 twice a day, albuteral inhaler every four hours and the main thing was the huge does of prednisone he put me on. It was 4 days and a pretty high dose from what he told me. Prednisone scares me but the way he and my OB see it, we need to breath well so the babes can! If you're feeling crappy with the Advair and albuterol I'd def. make an appt with your allergist! I feel your pain!!

QT~Thanks! I'm pretty impressed with all that I got for that price, too! I was anxious to know so I could get organized with T's old stuff too. I've already gone through to separate what I had that was gender neutral (not much) and start figuring out what I need to buy.

gingerB~Congrats on Team blue!!! Seems like everyone due in our time frame is team blue so you didn't have a choice!
41.gif
Any names picked out?

phoenix~I've said it before on here, but I was induced (sort of elective..like you I as already progressing so my chances of C/S weren't as great) and had a terrific experience. Do what's best for you and your baby!

Kimberly~Sorry you're still have nausea. I have too lately (at 21 weeks) and it sucks!

Mara~Yay for ordering furniture. We need to do that, too. They are assuming I had H1N1 because I was pretty sick for about 10 days and I wasn't tested until the end of the 10 days when I got a negative. I am a teacher and unfortunately around it (hundreds of cases in our school...all the mild version) and Tayva wasn't exposed anywhere else we can think of. No kids at her daycare have it, ect. No way to be sure, but seems to make sense that I was the one who gave it to her. LOL about being pissed about your boobs. I HATE mine too. They've gotten bigger quicker with this pregnancy which is so annoying. I started out at 34 D and just had to break out my 36 DD last week. Boo....

viz~It is scary about PG women and H1N1. If I had it, I'm kind of glad I didn't know or I probably would have stressed! You look great as usual!!

Mandarine~You look great!! We didn't put a sign up and our hospitals don't hand them out any more as a safety thing....so a crazy person doesn't come steal your baby I was told!
21.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
My belly pic for this week. 21.5 weeks. I am pretty sure I've "popped" since I've been asked if I'm preggo by at least 10 people in the last week. Had to cut my head off because I was making a ridiculous face!
9.gif

ETA~Holy cow that's HUGE! So sorry! That's way too much of a pregnant lady for anyone to see!!

burk21.jpg

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
hi ladies!! belly pics look great as usual!

here i am at 28 weeks and 4 days. i have gotten so big!!

puffy28w4d.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
puffy your belly has def grown since the last time!!! mine totally popped in the last 2-3 weeks where it''s super obvious i am preggo and even some days i am like WTF is this on my front???

burk you are still so tiny.. hehee. but yeah it''s nice to at least have people ask you with a bit more of a knowing look than TOTALLY confused or unsure!

we had some team thing last week and a parallel team i dont see THAT often, but do see in the halls a lot was like omg mara are you pregnant? me=uhh YEAH? and they were just shocked and when they asked how long i said 5.5 months and they were even more shocked. i was like REALLY? so i just looked like i was eating too many DONUTS? (well i did have 3 last week)
3.gif
it didn''t bother me, but i just thought it was kinda funny.
5.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 1:00:52 PM
Author: vizsla
Date: 10/9/2009 11:32:43 AM

Author: Mara

can i just say i love how small your boobs are? yes i am hating my boobs right now. you too viz..

oh girl... it''s only b/c my belly is so big - it''s throwing the proportions off. these suckers are a 36D and on their way up... and i started out with a cute 34B
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

my life changed when i finally broke down and bought a crappy target bra that fit these puppies. umm yeah, i can''t WAIT to get rid of them.. i feel ya.....

LOL

I started out as a 34A and I''m on 36C...so the belly defintiely helps in making them look small!

Viz, how funny..I opted for crappy target bras too! hahaha

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Burk you look so tiny!!!!

Puffy, you are getting the cutest round bump ever!!!!!!!. It''s definitely gotten bigger, but you are so tiny! It''s a perfect bump!

Thanks girls for the feedback on the signs!!! That IS scary, I didn''t even think about pyschos out there (I''m so naive sometimes!!!)...but now I''m def not putting anything!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Puffy~You look great. All baby!

mara~Thanks! It is nice that they are actually asking thinking I must be preggo instead of thinking I have just been eating a few too many sweets (which I have been
16.gif
).

Mandarine~Thanks! I would have never thought of the whole psycho baby stealing thing without help either!
2.gif
9.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I had to go look at cervix dilation charts to see - OMG for some reason I had no idea the cervix actually opened that far! I was kind of freaked out, and now I can''t wait to show my husband and give him the creeps, too lol. Wanna see?

puffy, omg, your belly looks like mine and I am only 15 weeks. Erk! You are still so little, your belly is perfectly round and so cute.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
mandy thanks! you look awesome for being 36 weeks with twins!!

burk thanks! you''ve got one cute little bump coming along! and i too have been indulging in my major sweet tooth lately.

mara haha, i know, i have gotten so big!! i feel it too. but you''re probably still tiny at 24 weeks.

monkeypie haha, difference between my belly and yours is that yours is most likely a lot of bloat, but mine looks like that all the time. i can''t even imagine what i''m going to look like at 35 weeks.

have a great weekend ladies!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
so cal, congrats!

drk, congrats on a girl! Glad to hear about your great cervix measurement!

ginger, congrats on a boy! Welcome to team blue!

viz, mandarine, burk, puffy, cute bellies! Love it!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
If you want a laugh on the cervix dilation thing - DH thought it was the WHOLE of your hoohaa that dilated and thought he''d be able to see just from the outside.
20.gif

I wish....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mp...i had horrible bloating when i was first tri, my boss thought i was like 5 months already! i was like THANKS. and then suddenly my belly was smaller again. the diff between now and then like someone just said was that when you are 5-6 months it may look the same but it''s hard and it doesn''t go down in the mornings hehee. i am seriously amazed at how hard and melon-like the belly gets the further along you go. i feel like i can knock on it and hear it echo like a ripe honeydew!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Viz
Your bump is so round. Love the looking down belly pic.

Mandy
Can''t believe you have two in there. You look great.

Burk
You are still very tiny. There''s definitely a little bump now.

puffy
You''ve gotten bigger since the last pic, but you are still small for 28weeks.

Here''s my contribution for BPF. I should stop wearing black for these pics. I just like to wear the fitted top to show the belly.

kiki_bpf_24w1d.jpg

lili

Ideal_Rock
Ok, you ladies just sport the cutest bellies!

Mandy--
Woohoo on 36wk!
And I have to say that your twin belly is perfect in every way.
So perfectly round and perky ^.^
Your belly pictures just baffle me -- would never have thought there are 2 bebes in there.
Keep those boys baking for a couple of more weeks.
Can't wait to see them.

Vizla--
Love the top view shot.
Even at that angle, you are still tiny.

Burk--
Hehe, you have indeed "popped" in the last week.
Cute little bump though.

Puffy--
Yours have rounded out too.
And you are all belly as well.

QT--
Adorable belly is all I have to say
5.gif

Mara--
You are not the only dork who loves the fetal movement.
That's one of the thing I missed the most after delivery.
I'd have DD in there longer if I weren't too scared about trying to push out a bigger baby.

GingerB--
Congrats on your little boy.
That is funny about the error.
Is this the second or third instance of wrong gender on PS?
Who was it that that had the u/s tell them the wrong gender?

PG--
Wow, you are getting close!
Maybe next week?
Can't wait to meet your little one.

Mara--
Don't want to scare you,
but your girls will get a whole lot bigger when your milk comes in.
And at that time, you won't have a pregnant belly to hide how big they are :)

----
Where are all the other bellies???

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I was told the wrong gender at my 20 week u/s. Didn''t find out the mistake until 4 weeks later (and a ton of money later!). I''m sure I''m not the first one on PS to be told the wrong gender.

I wonder if anyone on PS was ever told one gender and then the baby popped out and wasn''t the gender they were told! That would be horrible!! I''m thankful I was told the correct gender before the baby came.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2009 12:27:40 PM
Author: taovandel
I was told the wrong gender at my 20 week u/s. Didn''t find out the mistake until 4 weeks later (and a ton of money later!). I''m sure I''m not the first one on PS to be told the wrong gender.

I wonder if anyone on PS was ever told one gender and then the baby popped out and wasn''t the gender they were told! That would be horrible!! I''m thankful I was told the correct gender before the baby came.
It didn''t happen to me, but it happened to a friend of mine. She was told that she was having a boy at the 18 week scan, and they purchased all boy stuff and decorated the nursery for a boy. When she was past 30 weeks she had another ultrasound where it was confirmed they were having a girl instead. They had to scramble to get everything exchanged/redone.

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/10/2009 3:27:22 PM
Author: vespergirl

Date: 10/10/2009 12:27:40 PM
Author: taovandel

It didn''t happen to me, but it happened to a friend of mine. She was told that she was having a boy at the 18 week scan, and they purchased all boy stuff and decorated the nursery for a boy. When she was past 30 weeks she had another ultrasound where it was confirmed they were having a girl instead. They had to scramble to get everything exchanged/redone.
Yikes! That''s crazy. It''s usually the other way around ~ someone is told girl and it ends up being a boy!

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies! I''m baaaaack!

So I went to the doctor Weds night for my appt at 7pm just like I had posted was the plan. Surprise- I was 4 cm and 100% effaced! She''s like, "girl, those contrax you''ve been having since Saturday have definitely been doing something!" I was so relieved to hear that I was not just a huge wimp that couldn''t handle Braxton Hicks or something! She did a membrane sweep and scheduled me to go in the following morning at 7am to be induced if I had not already gone itno labor because I told her I was in a "fast downward spiral" as far as how I was feeling.

Went home and contrax continued. Toughed it out until about 10:00pm, took a shower, and told DH it was time to head to the hospital, I could not make it until morning. We got to the hospital and were checked in by 10:30pm. My doc would not be in until our set time the next morning so I had another doc from her practice (a man, which I was really not wanting)- and let me tell you, I could not have cared less if he was an alien, let alone my reg doc, a man, etc! He actually was really great. Anyhoo, so he checked me out and I was already dialated to 5cm! He called the anesthesiologist for my epi, and while we were waiting for him I felt my water break. Got the epi, which I was really scared about- it wasn''t so bad, a bit uncomfortable, but for the relief you get after it is SO worth it IMO. Unfortunately, the epi slowed down my contrax, so they put me on Pitocin around 11:30pm. They kept checking me every hour and turning up the Pitocin until I was finally at 10cm at 6:30am. Since my doc was due in at 7am anyway, I decided to wait for her to start pushing, as I didn''t want to be passed off mid-process.

Pushing started at 7am. I have to say, I was really surprised at how much DH was expected to do! It''s a good thing he was up for participating, because our nurse Niki was like "okay, grab a leg, this is what I need you to do". Um, yeah, I had these ideas of him being up by my head and not really "in the action" if you know what I mean? Well, no such luck! It was really just Niki, DH and I for the long haul. Doc just came in every half hour or so to check progress. Niki was amazing- man, those nurses are lifesavers! As for DH, I am so glad he was an active participant. It really is true how people say it brings you so close to share it together. Baby was posterior and kept flipping back anytime they tried to turn her, so I had to just get her out that way. By 10:00am, I was pretty exhausted (yes, I started pushing at 7am). Not in pain, but my back, neck, etc was so tired from working so hard. Doc offered up suction because she said I was already past the 3-hour pushing limit, and considering I was pretty worn out, we had limited options before having to move to c-section. I told her I honestly thought I had about 10 more minutes in me before I was too tired to participate. I remember thinking that their conversation was a bit hard to follow because I was so tired- I felt like I was n some weird half-awake half-asleep fog. So we moved forward with suction. She had to do a little episiotomy (only ended up with 2 stitches) because I started to tear on the top towards the urethra. With a few more pushes, baby was finally out at 10:16am. Man, oh man, the relief! It was SERIOUSLY hard work, but again, not painful just exhausting. We named her Ellison Lake, and she weighed 8lbs 5 oz at birth and is 21 1/2 inches long. When they put her on my chest, wow- I cannot even begin to explain how surreal it was. I remember a ridiculous train of thought something like "what? She is OURS?!?!? Babe, look what we MADE!!! How was this baby INSIDE me? Oh, holy cow, this is unbelieveable! She is so precious...oh, sweet baby, stop crying it''s okay...." And the kissing and hugging with DH, tears all around...just awesome and overwhelming. Meanwhile the doc delivered the placenta and I just remember thinking it felt like a huge weight lifted, more relief again, no pain whatsoever. They left her on my chest for a good 20 minutes while doc stitched me, etc. Then DH cut the cord and they took her really quickly (just off to the side, not in a different room or anything) to check everything. After, the nurse showed me how to breastfeed and we were left alone with the baby for about an hour to bond.

After an hour, the nurse came to get Ellison and DH to go to the nursery to get her bath and do all of her tests. I loved that DH got to go with her and help with the bath. Meanwhile, Niki helped me go to the bathroom and shower. Although to be honest, I really felt great and didn''t need any help. That has pretty much kept up. Healing afterwards has been pretty smooth. I was expecting so much more bleeding and pain. I haven''t even had to have any pain medication beyond Motrin. Kinda funny, because our birth story seemed to have made it around the nurse/doc team pretty quickly. Niki said in the 12 years she has been in L&D, she has never seen anyone work so hard to get a baby out. Apparently 3 hours and 16 minutes of pushing really earns some respect around there!

And of course, what everyone says is so true- it was TOTALLY worth it, our little Ellie is unbelievable, adorable, perfect, and amazing. I would do it all again 100 times to bring her into our lives. Get excited ladies, from someone who was TERRIFIED of labor: it is not that bad at ALL (granted I had an epidural) and is truly the most amazing experience ever.

Time in the hospital went well. We never sent her to the nursery, even though the second night got pretty rough b/c she wouldn''t sleep. We just couldn''t bear the thought of her possibly being left to cry in a bassinet instead of in our arms. Came home yesterday, and last night was much better. Now just trying to get the hang of breastfeeding. I thought we had it down in the hospital, but we struggled a bit yesterday. My milk came in this morning, so today has been a lot better, but definitely still a work-in-progress. We were getting worried because she had not had a dirty diaper at home yet and she should have 3/day (poopy), but she had one this afternoon and we''re hoping we''re back on track. Called the lactation team just in case, and she said if not 3 by tomorrow afternoon to call the doc but she should be doing just fine. Crazy the things that you end up caring about when a baby comes along! I never thought I would literally be PRAYING for a poopy diaper!!!!

So that is our story. Sorry to keep you all hanging. It was really sweet of all of you to keep thinking of us! And I really will try to figure out how to resize pics now so you can see our little girl!!! Gotta go feed her, then I''ll try to get it together...

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Good grief, sorry for the novel!

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Took this today with my phone while she was in her swing! ETA: Sheesh, that's huge- sorry!

IMG00065-20091010-1356[1] (2).jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Natalina, Baby Ellie is just adorable. So glad you all are doing well!!!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Natalina You''re back! And with a beautiful daughter
36.gif
30.gif
Congrats and it sounds like you had a good labor experience! So you started having contrax on Saturday and went to the hospital on Wednesday?? Gosh I hope I know when to stay at home and when to head to the hospital! It sounds like you did a good job. Oh but she is precious! Welcome Ellie!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Natalina, congragulations on your perfect little lady! She''s gorgeous!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats natalina!! she is just darling! i love your story. it''s good to hear a super positive view on it hehe, maybe i''ll get lucky.

lol re: the girls getting even bigger... i know it, i am just trying not to think about it hahaa. honestly today i was marveling at them..already and WHY?? babe doesn''t come for 4 more months body. what is the point of them being huge now? extra torture.

i would imagine there are a lot more nuggets that are thought girls that end up being boys than the other way around...!! we were so happy to find out the sex of our boy at 16 weeks, it was a bit early i guess but there was no mistaking the view with that amnio ultrasound we got..haha!

our crib shipped already and will be here on thurs. WOW! so much for second thoughts, too late now. the dresser however is another story hehee.
3.gif
i went to ikea yesterday and picked up picture frames for the prints i ordered this week. things are coming along.

our little boy is super active today.....and last nite for the first time greg felt a SUPER strong kick really low. so funny.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Natalina--
Wow, congrats!
Baby Ellie is adorable.
Man, it never ceased to amaze me when some of you ladies deliver 8lb+ babies.
It doesn''t sound much, but I''ve seen how much bigger DD was at 2 months compared to newborn.
Congrats again....and hope you and baby get the hang of BFing.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Natalina!!! Im glad you had a good L&D experience- 3 hrs of pushing-WOW- you should be very proud of yourself!!!! Ellie is gorgeous!!!! Best of luck!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results