clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Sugarpie!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I hope I'm next! :bigsmile:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Petite and Sugarpie!! Two 4th of July babies, how fun!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Woooohoooo welcome to our little sparklers!

I'm so happy for you Petite! Welcome to your baby girl!

Congrats sugarpie! Welcome to your little lady!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Petite and Sugarpie!!!! Enjoy your little ladies!!!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
PP and Sugar: Many congrats on your little 4th of july sparklers! It sounds like all mamas and babies are doing well- woohoo!! I can't wait to hear more. Enjoy this time with your sweet little ones!

Mayerling: You're looking terrific!! I'm happy your appointment went well, or better than the last one, anyway. Could you feel/notice the contractions as they were picked up by the monitor? Sounds like your body is slowly gearing up. It only takes a day for labor to kick into gear, so who knows... you could very well have this baby by 40 weeks!

AMC: Looking good! I don't blame you for feeling nervous about stopping the anti-contraction meds. What's the reason they're pulling you off of them... is it because you're close enough to your due date that if you go into labor it won't be of great concern? Do you know if your cervix has changed at all since you were first monitored for contrax?

AFM: 38 weeks. I thought I had some contractions in the middle of the night, but I could have been dreaming them. This may be the longest two weeks of my life. Last midwife appointment was fine. Fundal size was 39cm. They estimate she's in the high 6lb range for weight, and may gain up to one more pound before labor. Her head is very low in my pelvis, which explains the evil crotch pain I've been experiencing. Come on out, baby... your parents are waiting!!

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations to PetitePoire and Sugarpie!!!

Can't wait to hear your birth stories and hope you are doing well and enjoying your new little bundles of joy!!!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
PilsnPinkysMom|1341513536|3229021 said:
What's the reason they're pulling you off of them... is it because you're close enough to your due date that if you go into labor it won't be of great concern?

Exactly. Since 37 weeks is full term, it's not really a big deal if I have him at 36 weeks. Doc did say that what usually ends up happening is people go off the meds and the contractions just don't come back...you know, for irony's sake. A friend of mine went into preterm labor around 28 weeks, was on meds and bedrest until 36 weeks. Ended up being induced at 41 weeks. Our bodies sure have a sense of humor!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS PP and Sugarpie!!!! Can't wait to hear more!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1341515844|3229029 said:
PilsnPinkysMom|1341513536|3229021 said:
What's the reason they're pulling you off of them... is it because you're close enough to your due date that if you go into labor it won't be of great concern?

Exactly. Since 37 weeks is full term, it's not really a big deal if I have him at 36 weeks. Doc did say that what usually ends up happening is people go off the meds and the contractions just don't come back...you know, for irony's sake. A friend of mine went into preterm labor around 28 weeks, was on meds and bedrest until 36 weeks. Ended up being induced at 41 weeks. Our bodies sure have a sense of humor!
Yeah, real funny! :rolleyes: :bigsmile:

Congrats PP and sugarpie! And Steph too, I think I missed you! Gorgeous girls all around!

Mayerling and AMC you girls look great! Mayer you are always wearing the cutest dresses! AMC that's crazy to think that you might have a baby in a couple of weeks!

25 weeks today for me, and I just feel PREG.NANT. I was on my feet too much nesting around the house (kicked into high gear, though I can barely do anything!) and my legs are all kinds of crampy today. I think I'm starting to count down, instead of up, which might be a bad idea...haha. We shall see.

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the well wishes!! We are in love with our little girl and can't wait to leave the hospital and start our life together as a family of four!

Okay, onto the birth story:

Started noticing increased discharge on Monday following my doc's appointment when the doc confirmed I was 3cm and 75% effaced. The discharge was very, very minimal but had a slight brown tinge, so I assumed something was progressing down there, although I did not have any other symptoms.

Tuesday was uneventful. Discharge disappeared and I assumed it was just a fluke. Still wasn't experiencing cramps or contractions and was starting to get antsy wondering when labor would start.

On Wednesday, went to work and around lunchtime I started to feel slight cramps and just "blah", so I left work early to work from home. While driving home, I felt a pretty strong contraction that only lasted about 10 seconds. I called DH (who works about 2 hours from our house) and told him it felt like something could be happening. Fortunately, he left work to head home....

As the day went on, the contractions picked up at various times, but weren't consistent and weren't very painful. I decided to start timing them and over an hour, realized I was having contractions about 10 minutes apart. When DH got home, we decided to call my doc who suggested I come to the hospital (luckily, she was also the on-call doctor), so she could check me out. When we got to the hospital, she confirmed I was still only 3 cm, but wanted me to walk around the hospital for an hour to see if things picked up. So off we went, making laps around the L&D floor for an hour. By the time the hour was up, my contractions were about 3 minutes apart and growing in intensity.
The nurse did another internal exam and by that point I was 5 cm and baby was more engaged, so they admitted me and we got the show on the road...

I knew beforehand that I wanted an epi, so at 7 cm I told the doc I couldn't take the pain anymore and I got epi relief. I was able to rest for a few hours following the epi, which was great because I knew I needed the energy to push. After a few hours, my water was still intact, so the doc came in and broke my water, which caused the contractions to become stronger (because of the epi, they weren't painful, just more pressure). The doc said when I feel like I have to "poop" it's time to start pushing. About 1/2 hour after having my water broken, I was 10 cm dilated and felt the "poop pressure", so we knew it was time.

When I gave birth to my son a few years ago, I only pushed for a 1/2 hour, so this time around, the doc and nurses were confident I wouldn't have to push long. Well....things didn't go as planned. After an hour pushing, the baby's heart rate started to sky rocket, signaling she was in distress. The doctor immediately ordered several doctors from the NICU to come to the room to assist. Since the baby's heart rate was not improving and I wasn't making progress with all the pushing, the doctors decided a vacuum extraction would be necessary. By that point, there were 4 doctors, several nurses and 2 residents in the room assisting with the delivery. I was told if the baby did not come out with the next round of pushes and use of the vacuum, I would need to have an emergency c-section. Fortunately, on the final push, along with the suction of the vacuum, our sweet little angel came out crying and alert. Tears of joy and relief all around. Come to find out, she had flipped during the delivery, and was "sunny side up", which is why I struggled to push her out, and ultimately caused fetal distress.

Layla June was born at 2:45 AM on July 4th. 7 lbs, 5 oz; 20" long. She is a healthy, content little baby, even after the scary delivery. She has some slight swelling on her head from the suction, but the doc says it will go away after a few days.

Due to the aggressive delivery, I ended up tearing and requiring several stitches. I'm very sore "down there" but have been taking percocet and motrin to help with the pain. The meds along with ice packs, Tucks and numbing cream have helped with the discomfort.

My biggest bit of a advice, try to take a shower as soon after childbirth as possible. Last pregnancy I was too afraid and tired to take a shower right away, and felt like crap the whole time I was in the hospital. This time, I forced myself to take a warm shower, which helped both phsyically and mentally. I also have been getting up an walking around the maternity ward to stretch out and keep myself mobile.

We leave the hospital tomorrow and are excited to see what life is going to be like with a toddler and infant. DS is excited to be a big brother. Our family is now complete! :love:

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations again, Sugarpie! I'm so glad everything turned out well.

Petite, looking forward to your birth story.

Sunny, thanks for the compliments. I'm sorry about the crampy legs; I know how that feels.

PPM, I feel you on the crotch pain.

Mayerling, 39w2d
(im)patiently waiting...

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations to the new mom's! How very exciting!!!

I just wanted to pop in here and say hello and introduce myself. I've been lurking over here, but I feel like I'm now ready to join you ladies! I'm 13 weeks 2 days, so very early second trimester. I've been posting in the JBP thread, but I'm ready to be here, I think.

I'll catch up with everyone as I go along, hopefully I can ease into this thread a little at a time. It's kind of intimidating being with all the big girls now! :D

Hope everyone is doing well!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations PP and SugarPie, can't wait to see some baby photos when you have time.

Welcome Prana!

Mayerling, hang in there. Your baby will be here before you know it!

AFM, not much is new here. I am feeling light kicks/flutters pretty regularly now. My DH hasn't been able to feel them though. I have been taking the Papaya enzyme chewables for heartburn/acid reflux. It is not the magical cure, unfortunately. I take 3-4 of them immediately after eating and end up getting heartburn/reflux about 2 hours later. Pretty similar to Tums as far as effectiveness. I went back to taking a Zantac at night so at least I am getting a few solid hours of relief. I'm going to try to keep up the Papaya for a while as I think it's probably better for the baby than Zantac. My GD test is next Friday. Wish me luck!

22 weeks and 5 days

amc80

Ideal_Rock
In this week's installment of "WTF is this pain"....

Okay, not sure what's going on. You know that feeling when you've really got to go #2? The lower crampy feeling and such? I've had that all day. Even though I've gone #2 (TMI) twice already in the 4 hours I've been up. It doesn't feel like contractions, unless they are the super secret kind I've had where it just feels like cramping. Oh, and my lower back is hurting like crazy. About every 10-15 minutes or so I get a really sharp pain in the lower abdominal area, as if baby jumped on my bowels or something. Sitting makes it way worse (but I'm at work, so sort of stuck with that one)...although standing doesn't help a whole lot either. Is this just baby putting pressure on my bowels? I'm having to do deep breaths to get through it.

Oh, and thanks for sharing your stories, PP and Sugarpie! And welcome, Prana!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1341599841|3229628 said:
In this week's installment of "WTF is this pain"....

Okay, not sure what's going on. You know that feeling when you've really got to go #2? The lower crampy feeling and such? I've had that all day. Even though I've gone #2 (TMI) twice already in the 4 hours I've been up. It doesn't feel like contractions, unless they are the super secret kind I've had where it just feels like cramping. Oh, and my lower back is hurting like crazy. About every 10-15 minutes or so I get a really sharp pain in the lower abdominal area, as if baby jumped on my bowels or something. Sitting makes it way worse (but I'm at work, so sort of stuck with that one)...although standing doesn't help a whole lot either. Is this just baby putting pressure on my bowels? I'm having to do deep breaths to get through it.

Oh, and thanks for sharing your stories, PP and Sugarpie! And welcome, Prana!

Could it be contractions?

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AMC, I second Mayerling. That sounds a bit like labor.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
mayerling|1341604079|3229686 said:
Could it be contractions?

Mayerling and Puppmom...I guess? It very well could be, but it doesn't feel quite like the contractions I've had so far. It's definitely a different kind of pain....which isn't good since at least my contractions to date haven't dilated me at all. I just took a picture and it really doesn't look like he's dropped at all, so who knows. I'm going to finish out the day (4 hours to go) and decide whether or not to go in. I probably will end up going in since there's obviously something going on down there. Better safe than sorry, right?

Here's a pic of me from Tuesday, and another today. Looks about the same, right?

34w.png

34w3d.png

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
They do look the same to me, amc, but from what I've heard/read, it sounds like contractions. Start timing them?

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the welcome, ladies!

JGator That's so exciting about the movement you're feeling. I can't wait to be able to feel that!

AMC I hope you figure out what is going on! I know from reading that you've had some issues with having contractions and were on meds for it. I hope that everything is ok, or if you are in labor, I hope that everything goes ok!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ladies--I'm very nervous about something so I'd love to hear your input. I just came home from my 16-week appt, and my OB gave me the Tdap vaccine today. I came home and looked it up to tell DH what it was for, and now I see that it doesn't seem to be recommended for pregnant women before 20 weeks, and some doctors don't recommend it for pregnant women at all. So of course, I'm mildly hysterical. Anyone get this while pregnant?

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Haven, yes I got the TDap while pregnant. My OB and my primary care physician highly recommended it because of all the cases of whooping cough going on. It is very easy to transmit it to your infant and it is very dangerous to them if they get it. They also recommended my DH to get the TDap too so he went and got it too. Please don't worry.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Lizzy. Did you get it after 20 weeks, or before? I'm so worried that I got it too early, everything I can find about it says that it's recommend after 20 weeks, but I had it today at 16 weeks.

And holy rotten pickles does it hurt! I wish I had known it would hurt, I would have gotten it on my right arm. I got it on my left, and I can only sleep on my left side lately.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha Haven! My doc made me get it at my pre TTC physical. The worst part was that I already had it but I forgot to bring in my records, but she wanted me to get it just in case. OW! :errrr: I couldn't lift my arm for almost a week and I didn't even need it!!! Well I guess if it will help keep the baby safe...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
mia1181|1341633013|3229933 said:
Hahaha Haven! My doc made me get it at my pre TTC physical. The worst part was that I already had it but I forgot to bring in my records, but she wanted me to get it just in case. OW! :errrr: I couldn't lift my arm for almost a week and I didn't even need it!!! Well I guess if it will help keep the baby safe...
Tell me about it! I had no idea this was going to hurt so much! I WISH they would have warned me. I'm going to sleep in our recliner tonight because there is no way I can sleep on my left side. When I sleep flat on my back or on my right side I get nauseous, and then I'm sick in the loo for an hour.

I was just freaked out because everything seems to say that pregnant women should get it after 20 weeks, and I'm only 16 weeks. But holy moly, this really hurts!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Haven, I don't have any 1st hand experience with it but Id wager a pretty good bet you're just fine. You do sound pretty concerned so call your doc anyway. They're used to crazy preggo ladies. You can't even imagine the stuff I used to call about. :oops:

But while you brought up vaccines & tDap, do request all your family/friends who will be around you and baby a lot to get the tDap vaccine. As Lizzy said, it's very dangerous for baby to be exposed to it. I straight up ask Sis and her boyfriend to get it while I was still pregnant with Ethan.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
On my way to the hospital!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yippee!! Good luck mayerling!!!!!

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
:appl: good luck Mayerling!!!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck Mayerling!

Haven I'm sorry for your worries. I would definitely call your doc to ask them about it and get some peace of mind.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results