shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, DREAMER!! How exciting!!!!!!!! Are you at home?

Sending you Easy Peasy labor dust!

Oh, and, GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moxie.moo

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer, I've been totally checked out since about 12 weeks, but good luck! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Kay, congrats on your lovely little arrival--can't wait to see pics.

moxie.moo

Shiny_Rock
p.s. I'm guessing another boy for you, DD

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1308839107|2952867 said:
I'm in labour!

Three weeks earlier than expected. We are not prepared at all. So far so good, though. Water broke at 3am (of course), but it is clear, midwife says baby in engaged and contractions have started. Fingers crossed for an easy and uneventful labour ;-)

I will post an update as soon as I can! Wish me luck!

If anyone wants to guess the gender, now is the time :rodent:

EEEK, that's so early, can't believe it! Being unprepared is fun sometimes though :).

I am guessing a little Willow ;-).

Easy labor dust being sent your way!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer, yay! Sending you lots of smooth labor dust your way. I think this kid is a girl!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage|1308839492|2952874 said:
Wow, DREAMER!! How exciting!!!!!!!! Are you at home? I haven't been following along so well and not sure if you were planning a HB?

I'm at home and will stay here as long as possible, but we will likely be in hospital. We are not prepared for a home birth at all! And given how we are borderline premature (I am only 36w 6d now!) it seems the best course!

Thanks for the well wishes!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1308839933|2952887 said:
Wow, DREAMER!! How exciting!!!!!!!! Are you at home? I haven't been following along so well and not sure if you were planning a HB?

I'm at home and will stay here as long as possible, but we will likely be in hospital. We are not prepared for a home birth at all! And given how we are borderline premature (I am only 36w 6d now!) it seems the best course!

Thanks for responding, Dreamer! I edited out my questions because I felt guilty for asking questions while you're in labor!! Haha, but of course, YOU can handle it!! Sounds like a good plan, just don't wait tooooo long, you know how they say these second labors are much shorter than the first!! ;))

:appl: :appl: VERY EXCITING!! :appl: :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage|1308840234|2952895 said:
Dreamer_D|1308839933|2952887 said:

Thanks for responding, Dreamer! I edited out my questions because I felt guilty for asking questions while you're in labor!! Haha, but of course, YOU can handle it!! Sounds like a good plan, just don't wait tooooo long, you know how they say these second labors are much shorter than the first!! ;))

:appl: :appl: VERY EXCITING!! :appl: :appl:

LOL! Well the midwife came at like 4am to our house and we stayed in bed until our so ngot up at 6am, so I have only been vertical now for about an hour (west coast!). Contactions are managable and just starting to fall into a pattern. But don't worry, I won't lollygag around!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
OMG Congrats Dreamer!!!! Sending you lots of dust for a fast and easy labor and a healthy baby BOY (my guess) in the end!

~LC

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer! You're having a baby! I'm so excited for you and I'm going to go against the grain and guess a sister for Hunter!

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer! So exciting! My guess is a happy and healthy boy.

Dust for an easy delivery!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Kay!!! Love her name!

Go Dreamer!!! I'm guessing BLUE!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Dreamer!! Good luck! I vote girl! :)

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Go Dreamer!!!!!!!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Dreamer - Lots of wishes for a smooth delivery and a healthy little one! :appl: I vote boy as well. Please do send us updates if you are able...

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, sending you dust for a quick and easy labor! I vote team pink.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer - Best wishes for a smooth, uneventful delivery, and healthy baby! Only a truly dedicated poster would keep us updated while in labor. ::)

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Dreamer, I am so excited for you! Wishing you a quick and healthy labor. Can't wait to see pics!

Oh and I vote team blue!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I just got back from the hospital. I was scheduled for the GBS swab today, and because that obviously did not happen, my status is "unknown" so the recommendation is IV antibiotics every 4 hours through labour. :knockout: So went in to get the first dose.

Baby is happy, contractions every 10 minutes and not really very powerful. The IV drip thing in my hand is supremely annoying, frankly, but at least I am at home again. The midwife will come again in 4 hours to give me another dose. Otherwise, just waiting for labour to really kick it up a notch! At the hospital when they were doing the IV my contrax really slowed/stopped -- I was not a happy camper during the IV, which was hard to place because of my difficult veins. Now that I am home they have picked up again and are a little more painful, so that is good! Progress hopefully!

And yes, I am a truly dedicated poster to post in labour ;)) This morning before we went to the hospital I also contacted to journal editors to request extensions, sent my grad students comments on her thesis proposal, and arranged a bunch of other stuff. I don't want anything hanging over my head when I have a newborn again!

I am really not ready mentally. Did I mention that? I needed the extra 3 weeks. But apparently this kid had different plans!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Congrats to Kay!!

Good luck, DD! I'm sure it's not fun to feel unprepared but it must be nice to know the discomfort of pregnancy will very soon be over! I'm voting girl. Hang in there and thanks for updating us!!

Mrs

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck, Dreamer!! I think you're having a little Willow. ;-)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Best of luck Dreamer!!! I see pink??

Can't believe this thread is 5 years old today?? Gosh time sure does fly. And now so many of you are having their second... So fun!!!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck dreamer!!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey miss Dreamer...woo hoo!!! i just caught up with your posts.

you said your water broke at 3am. does your hospital want the baby out within 24 hours? ours did, so i went on pitocin since my body was not progressing, and J had to have antibiotics because it was 26 hours. anyway just curious since you are back home chilling out, which is awesome!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Hooray Dreamer! I'm hoping that the contractions have kicked up a notch or two or instead is letting you get some sleep before the big push to the birth. I'm so happy to hear your Midwife was able to arrange for you to get the antibiotics and labor at home in the meantime. I wish you a healthy and straightforward birth. No idea how to guess boy or girl!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Wooohoooo Dreamer!
im gonna say girl....which probably means youre holidng precious baby boy right about now ::)

With the move and all other chaos in my life right now, I've neglected posting overe here due to time and energy constraints, but glad everyone seems to be holding out ok. The next few months should be hopping with birth announcements!

Congrats, Kay, on Lauren! Can't wait for a picture!

DH developed blod clots in his lung following surgery, so he landed in the hospital for 3 nights. Scariest experience ever. Never want your husband to have a life threatening condition....especially when closing on a new home and 7 months pregnant. But we are hanging in there and he feels great now!

The move went pretty well. Unpacking is slow, but I've gotten all of my kitchen boxes done as of today! I get tired or sore and need a lot of breaks. If I do too much, the baby lets me know and I end up with lots of uncomfortable pressure down below.

Im getting quite the bump. People tell me frequently this baby is all out in front, in my belly. Very true, bc from the front head on, I think I look the same. She squirms like craaaaaaazy and not gonna lie, those kicks can catch me off guard and be a little painful! She is all up in my ribs....so crazy.

We are going to start the nursery soon....ill post pics once it gets going..

Ill leave you all with my 28.5 week bump pic.

2011-06-23_22-52-12_808.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
DD--I hope that your labor is progressing well (or all done) by now! I vote boy, but I kind of have boys on the brain right now:) best wishes for a happy and healthy delivery with no more IVs and yucky stuff (well except for the natural yucky parts of labor:). Hope to hear a great update soon!!!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Just popping in to wish you luck, Dreamer :wavey:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, hope that your silence means things are progressing and you are either close to having or already had your new little babe..!! Thinking of you and hope it's smooth sailing. (and I remembered you are in Canada which might explain different hospital procedures for water breaking, I think the US is probably the odd man out on being so firm about timelines)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results