shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I finally have the time to do a proper post! We had G's birthday party today, which was brunch for about 20 in our home, and we cooked everything from scratch (to include things like baguettes and chorizo), and we've been super busy preparing and now I feel a bit wiped. Thank goodness for nap time!

I have had a couple of Braxton Hicks today. It seems too early! I think I started getting them around 22 weeks last time.

I've also started shopping for the baby. Not real shopping, yet, but just adding things to our Amazon wish list so I can keep track of what I want. So far I have Aden + Anais swaddle blankets (wasn't wild about any of our swaddling blankets last time but everyone raves about these) and a no-frills pack-and-play with bassinet as I am trying to avoid buying a second crib and it seems like this would be useful to have anyway. I really want a new diaper bag. We have a black PBK messenger bag, and while it is well built and DH-friendly, I just want something more feminine as I only ever carry my work bag, my clutch, or the diaper bag, and never any of my pretty purses anymore.

Tao - Any news? :D

Tuckins and Skippy - I hope that your baby showers went/will go well! It is exciting to celebrate a new baby and get all of those cute things you will need.

Basil - Oh, I keep forgetting about the scrubs. Yeah, that would make it harder to bring out the bump. I also have a very common name, and while there are a couple of things about it that bug me (it's 4 syllables and everyone just automatically calls me by a nickname even if I introduce myself as the whole name, and I was one of two with the same first name-last initial combo in my elementary school class), for the most part I love it. It's really just personal preference. And I definitely like Hayden more than most of those other names I listed (everything but Aidan - I love Aidan), but I do group them all together in my head when I hear them so I thought I would mention it.
George still sleeps in his crib, but we all pile onto his bed for bedtime stories. He hasn't figured out yet that he can climb out of the crib, and so even if he doesn't WANT to take a nap, if we put him in it, he lays down and gets bored and goes to sleep pretty quickly. I am dreading what will happen when he doesn't HAVE to lie down and get bored -- in a big boy bed, he can get up and open the doorknob and go! So I am not in a rush. I think we're going to get a pack-and-play, use the bassinet feature for the first couple of months of this baby's life, and hopefully at that point he will be at a good point to transition him to the big boy bed and the baby to the crib.
Strollers - NeatFreak and - oh gosh, blocking on name - both have BumbleRide Indie Doubles, and I would imagine that the handles would be the same. If they don't swing around anytime soon, I may go seek them out and direct them over here for you. And if I get what you are saying with the dry handles, the BOB has them, yes? I have an easier time getting a good one-handed grip on the BOB handles than on many, and one-handed steering is great when I am out with a leash in one hand and pushing the stroller with the other!
Bassinet - G hated being flat like that, so it would have been a waste of money with him. We ended up having him in the MobyWrap constantly. I would think that's one of those wait-and-see things. If you decide that it would be useful, there is always overnight shipping, and that would cost less overall than buying it and never using it.

RT - I too have such a hard time going to bed at a normal hour when I have no real reason to get up in the AM, but I do feel better when I keep a normal sleep schedule. Bed rest sucks. Glad to hear that you're sticking in there.

Mrs - That is one of the Target dresses! We're "Team Green" and plan to have this baby sleep in our room for the first few months, and so I'm not convinced that we're going to decorate until it's here. We've painted the room Silver Sage with white trim. Our crib and sheets are white. I think that we're eventually going to buy either pink or (um, some boyish color) curtains and some artwork for the walls, once we know what kind of colors and decor would work well.
I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing sleep issues. Boo.

IHA - Aww, love Liam!! And the money shot, LOL. BTW, your full name is on the photos - just thought I'd mention as some people don't want all that info out there online.

Charbie - aw, cute bump! You're carrying a lot higher than I am. I alternate between feeling chubby and bump-y too, depending on what I am wearing and how much I have eaten. Heehee.

Cupcake - You look great!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Basil - I have the Bumbleride Indie as do many of us here! The handles are made of neoprene (that's what the material is called, per my DH), which it sounds like is what your DH is looking for, yes? I LOVE our Bumbleride Indie!! It's been really great on our semi-rural roads w/o sidewalks. I'm able to pull along the side of the road onto grass, through sand from the winter, over branches, easy peasy. I never used it with a car seat and just put my daughter in it in the reclined position. Not sure how you feel about Craigslist, but we got our Bumbleride for $180 in really super almost new condition. It's one of the best deals I found on Craigslist, but not as good as the Boon Flair I picked up last weekend for FREE! Hee-heeee!

Blenheim - We love the Aden + Anais blankets too, which I learned about here. For a long time, we were swaddling with the hospital blanket first, and then the A+A. We've also done 2 A+As, and on other occasions, the A+A over another softer, more flexible blanket. We have the 44x44 inch blankets. If I had to do it over again, I'd just go ahead and get the 47x47s, which are slightly more expensive, because I think we'd get more use out of them. We do not look forward to the day that swaddling ends!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
The Braxton-Hicks picked up and were 5 minutes apart, so I ended up going to the ER. They did an ultrasound which showed that my cervix is long and closed and the baby looks good. Phew. They sent me on home, and I am just supposed to relax tonight and tomorrow and drink a lot of fluids.
ETA - On the topic of outfits and showing, I was just wearing jeans and a sweatshirt when I went there. I told the triage guy that I was having contractions 5 minutes apart, and he just looked at me blankly until I added, "And I am 17 weeks pregnant." He then ran back to verify if I should be in the ER or L&D. Evidently 20 weeks is their L&D cut-off.

LV - Thank you for posting that. I didn't realize that there were multiple sizes and was assuming that the price difference was something about patterns or similar. George was/is tall and this baby is measuring ahead, and so I took the 44x44 off my wishlist and added some 47x47!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Sunday!! :D

IHA~~ congrats on the blue team!!! I like the name too!

MODERN ~~ aw, that is awesome you delivered 2 babys! You will be a fabulous doctor. Before I was preggo I didn't want to know much about L&D but now I am super fascinated by it!! What an exciting and rewarding career! I love that green color; we used it for the shower. I love blues and greens; they are so relaxing I think!!!

CHARBIE ~~ you look adorable; you do have a bump!!! cute top too!

MRS ~~ aww, I love my sleep so my heart goes out to you and I have a feeling my sons will keep me from sleeping. I am a wreck when I have not slept. I will send good sleep vibes your way. huge hugs. :halo: I was going nuts looking for a shower dress so I should have done that since I need a bra; I will do that soon!

BASIL ~~ not sure if you checked out babygizmo dot com yet but they show videos of all the strollers. I have heard lots of good things about the Indie double. If you get one I would love to hear what you think. I am pretty sure I am getting the bob though just for the house.

PUFFY ~~ how are you feeling? thanks!!!

TUCKINS ~~ yay for your shower!!!

BLEN ~~ yikes; take it easy. I hope you have no more scares like that!!! fingers and toes crossed for you. :halo: Oh phooey; I registered and received a 44x44 A&A maybe I will return mine. I know nothing about swaddles, just that the A&A are awesome.

LV~~ hi, how is your beautiful little girl and how are you?? That is soooo cool about your high chair, woot!!! Also the Indie, awesome!

================================================================================================================

AFM ~~ Hi beautiful preggos, happy Sunday!!! I had such a wonderful shower; I was really moved by how generous everyone was and how many people attended. It was so nice to see everyone and my sister and mom did an amazing job w/the food and decorations. :halo: My feet did swell because of all the standing and mingling with people; I have fred flinstone feet. lol

I did receive multiples of some items; how hard is it to return to Target or BabiesRus if it is on the registry but not scanned as bought? anyone know? something I probably ought to call about. I did have a couple of friends make quilts and 2 friends make diaper cakes. Those diaper cakes are so cool; people are so clever!!! :D here are a few pics for fun!!! Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!!!

DSC_8520 - Copy.JPG

IMG_5617 - Copy.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
EEEK Beln I am glad you are ok!

Skippy You look awesome! What a great quilt.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blen - Glad to hear you are okay! Take it easy today and drink, drink, drink that water! Glad my A+A tip was helpful. Mara is the original source of that info, haha! You've been so super-helpful to me, esp'ly with all the CD'ing questions I've had. I'm just glad I can share some info too!

Skippy - That quilt is GORGEOUS!! And so are you!!! You look so radiant and happy! :)) Glad you had such a wonderful shower!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy- You look great! Glad you had fun at your shower! Do you have any gift receipts for the items you got? What dh and I did was bring things back with the gift receipts and they just put all the money we got back on a gift card, it was pretty easy :) Hope this helps!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Monday Ladies,

I hope you all had a relaxing weekend and are ready for another week!

Lanie - It's lovely to see you in here, thanks for checking in. Yes, this pregnancy is flying by, but I do try to slow down and enjoy it once in a while. It looks like your little guy is growing bigger everyday. I love hearing about him and will continue to lurk in the NB thread to see all the cute baby pics!

Random - Great news on the later induction date sweetie! Enjoy your last couple weeks preggo and do take it easy till then.

Basil - Ugh, what a PITA with the condo! I tell you, some people are just without common decency. Btw, your realtor should really be there for all your open houses, and if they aren't, I would have a serious talk with them. Granted by license is inactive right now, I still now the generally accepted rules for real estate agents, and while there is no law for that, that's just good business practices for any realtor. I'm sorry that you haven't gotten it sold yet, but I will send over all my selling dust to you! Otherwise, I think you look lovely dear and definitely preggo. And I imagine that people don't want to say anything at work b/c they don't want to offend, ie they have probably heard not to say anything until like the 9th month, when its undeniable obvious, lol. I have a more rounded belly and people are still super cautious about saying anything to me too. Sorry I can't help you out on the stroller bit, but hopefully you can find something both you and DH will agree on.

Luvinlife - So, any movement from the LO? We can't wait to hear about her arrival :))

Skippy - Thanks for the concern. After speaking with the doc, it appears that it wasn't a UTI, but rather some pain caused by the fibroid. Hopefully it will stop bothering me now though. The work thing for me is such a huge coup, and now all we have to do it get my husband transfered down too, lol. That is too funny about your little ninja turtles in there. Tell them to cut mommy a break and try some yoga instead of karate ;)) Ummmm, donuts, that sounds tasty. Krispy cream perhaps...yummmy... It looks like your shower went very well and you were showered with lots of love and presents :bigsmile: I really do :love: that quilt, how sweet.

Modern - Thanks for the congrats. Yeah, we figured it would be easier to move/sell before our little girl arrives b/c I can't even imagine getting everything set up, just to have to move it a couple months later. And trying to move/pack with a 3-4 month old, ugh. Sounds like you have quite a smart little girl in there, I mean who wants to spend 9 months on their head, hehe. Like others said though, I wouldn't worry to much about it now, since she is clearly rocking and rolling around in there. As for the govt thing, I hear you. My DH is a govie contractor and while he is good for a couple months, making the transfer is going nowhere until the get this dang budget passed. :evil: But, it seems like disaster has been averted for the time being, but hopefully they will work something out before Thursday...As for the baby delivering, how cool.

Blen - You are too funny girl with that F*truck mention. One of our friends growing up had the problem too, and made for some comical moments when out in public :lol: That's great that George is embrassing his big boy bed though. Good work on the brunch/birthday. I imagine it was lovely. I am sorry to hear about the emergency trip to the ER. I know it can be super scary, but I'm glad to hear that the LO was ok. I hope you are able to take it easy the next couple days.

Tao - Sorry that Violet is taking her sweet time, but hopefully you have some good news for us over the weekend. Good luck!

Cupcake - For a lady about to give birth any day now, you look great! I hope that Lorlei has decided to grace you with her presence, but if not, do let us know how the doc appt went today. Take care of you two!

IHA - CONGRATS on joining team Blue! It seems like for the group of us finding out the sex, we are pretty evenly split between boys and girls, interesting...Btw, I love the money shot picture, too funny. And I :love: the name Liam, too cute.

Charbie - Cute baby bump pic. I love that you little puppy wanted to get in the pic too, hehe.

Mrs - Thanks for the congrats and well wishes. I am feeling better now though so hopefully that fibroid has moved to somewhere it won't bother me or my little girl. I am so sorry that you DD is having sleep issues. I know sleep can be precious indeed and I can't imagine how it feels with two. I sincerly hope that your DD gets the memo soon on the sleep issue or that you can find some magic solution. Big hug hun.

Tuckins - Very exciting about the baby shower, I hope it went well!

LV - Thanks for the A+A size tip, I am going to switch those on my registry too. PS Samantha is growing so much and she is too cute!

AFM - All is going as well as possible here. Obviously we are a bit crazy trying to get all the moving stuff in order, but things are starting
to come together. We had finally decided on which house we wanted to rent, and then found out it had already rented, so now we are scrambling to work things out with our number 2 and 3 choices, since there are people interested in those too, ugh. We also have a bunch of moving companies coming in this week to quote us for that. We are just going to ante up for them to do everything, including the packing b/c I don't think my body or baby would appreciate all that nonsense. Otherwise, it was a nice weekend for me and DH. My brother flew up for the weekend, so it was good to spend some time with him. The boys did a lot of golfing and exercising together, so that kept them pretty busy, but we had some QT as well. So, onward to the week ahead now, as there is plenty to do. I hope you all have a great week and I look forward to hearing about any little ones who made their arrival this weekend!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
This post is going to be all about Violet so I apologize in advance!

I went in for my 41 week doctor appointment Friday, April 8 at 8:30 a.m. I was scheduled for an ultrasound to check fluid and then for an NST to make sure things were okay. Ultrasound showed extra fluid but nothing "too crazy". Ultrasound tech informed me that they don't induce over the weekend so I'd probably go in on Monday. Boo! But mainly because my husband is a sous chef and there was a huge function going on at our job and he was kind of hoping he would miss it! haha! NST was interesting....I was having small contractions pretty regularly--but zero pain with them-just some slight pressure--almost could confuse it with her just moving around. They left me hooked up to the machine for about an hour because she kept moving and we kept losing her heartbeat on the monitor. So FINALLY after an hour (I was told I would be hooked up for like 20-25 minutes) the doctor came in and said that with the contractions her heartrate would dip a bit (Nothing into the abnormal range--so not that concerning). The doctor said she didn't see why we should have to wait til Monday when I was having slight contractions and I was already dialated 3-4 cm (She didn't check me from the last appointment). So she told me to head on over to the hospital to have our baby!!

Went home to get my son ready to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house...took a shower myself, ate a sandwich and off we went!

Checked in around 1:00 p.m...Pitocin was started around 1:30-1:45 pm. Contractions were not painful at all--felt like they did when I was hooked up to NST. Was checked around 4:30pm and I was still at 4cm. Boo!!! Just layed around chatting with the nurse and my husband watching Oprah and Judge Judy. Sometime around 6:30ish I went to the bathroom to pee and when I came back they let me sit in a rocking chair instead of laying down in the bed. Within 5 minutes my contractions were back to back and suddenly really intense! There was no break inbetween--maybe 15 seconds tops. My husband got nervous and went and told the nurse to get me an epidural. I received the epidural around 7:30...and immediately my blood pressure dropped--so they gave me a shot and some oxygen and everything was fine. Around 7:45 I felt a huge gush of water! My first reaction was that I peed on myself and then I was like "duh! it's my water!" Nurse was in the room at the time and checked and said yup--water broke! She immediately checked me because of my high fluid level to make sure the cord didn't come out. Everything was okay. I was 6cm. She kept me on the oxygen for a bit afterwards though--baby's heartrate wasn't stabilizing after the water breakage and epi....so I was scared! Within minutes though my blood pressure was fine and baby was fine.

Checked me an hour later (around 9ish) and I was 8 cm...told me she would come back at 10:00 and that hopefully I would be a 10.

She came back inbetween this time to inform me that the baby had had a bowel movement so NICU would be at the delivery to check the baby out. Ugh! One problem after another!

9:50 came and I was having some pressure....nurse came a bit earlier than 10:00 and I was at 10cm!!! She said the baby was still a bit high so she wanted to wait a bit before pushing so that I wouldn't wind up pushing for 1 and a 1/2 hours like I did with my son. Pressure build up was pretty quick and she told me I was ready to start doing some pushing with her. I pushed once and moved the baby down a lot....Violet didn't like it and again her heartrate went all over the place and then they couldn't find it on the monitor!! So again, I start getting scared (I was calm about it...but lord I was freaking out!)...so she called another nurse in and they placed the monitor on the baby's head instead and I was back on the stupid oxygen to be on the safe side. Everything was fine with that. She had me wait for a few more contractions to pass to make sure baby reacted okay to them which she did. So we started pushing again...everything was fine with Violet for the rest of my pushes. My husband couldn't cut the cord because they wanted NICU to check her out quickly---her scores were 8 and 9 and she was absolutely fine!!!

Violet Joy came out face up so I had some slight tearing at 11:09 pm. on Friday, April 8. She weighed 7 lbs 10 oz and was 19.5 inches long. She looks exactly like Evan it's insane!

Labor and delivery was under 10 hours...so 6 hours less than with my first.

I'm just so happy she is finally here!!

Pictures in a bit!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Evan meeting Violet for the first time.

He's been great with her so far...he's always going up to her and petting her and laying his head on her feet like he does with our cats..haha!

208615_10150162494285839_797695838_6457667_1237673_n.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrat Tao! She does look just like Evan! How cute and errie too 8) I can't wait to see if your second looks like Hunter. How fun!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Tao - Congratulations! They do look a lot alike, and I am glad to hear that Evan is handling all of the change pretty well so far!

DC - Good luck with coordinating and lining up the rental house and the movers. Yuck!

Skippy - You are just glowing! And the quilt is adorable. I'm glad to hear that you had a good shower. I didn't get duplicates of things ON my registry, so I'm not sure how BRU handles returns on those. Most of my duplicates were from people buying off-registry and not giving receipts, and then me returning similar items on my registry for credit, and I didn't have any problems with that. With both Target and BRU, if it's on your registry, I'd hope that they'd understand that people don't always remember to let them know if they're buying off a registry and so it doesn't always get marked.

Still having BH but they haven't settled back into any pattern, so I am just hanging out on the couch and drinking water and OJ. We have a lot of leftover OJ from the brunch, and we don't normally get it so it feels like a treat.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS Tao and beautiful Violet!!! Look at all that hair! :love:

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Tao- Violet is gorgeous! Congratulations!

AFM- my mom is making me her special meatloaf for supper tonight with baked potatos and corn on the cob, I'm very excited :D

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, Tao, and Welcome, Violet! SHe's beautiful! So glad L&D went well (and shorter than last time!) and that your angel is here!

Skippy, you look great! I'm so glad you had a nice shower!

RT, meatloaf and potato and corn - yum! Enjoy!

Blen, so sorry to hear you had to go to the ER for the BH contx! sounds scary! Glad the party went well and that you're feeling better now though!

dcg, glad things are coming together for the move. bummer that your #1 house pick didn't work out though. I think you are VERY wise to have movers pack and unpack for you - we've moved that way several times and it really is wonderful!

puffy, glad to hear you're well!

basil, sorry to hear you're having trouble deciding on a stroller - it is a tough decision. I hope you and your DH find one that suits you both! re: the bassinet - we only ever used the snap-n-go when she was really small so we never had one. I think it's personal preference rally. no need for it unless you want one.

hi to everyone else!

AFM
, we are on the upswing when it comes to sleep (I HOPE). I reread Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child this weekend and implemented a strategy that seems to be working. We started talking a lot about the "Sleep Rules" during the day and DD and I made a poster of "Sage's Sleep Rules: 1, Stay in bed and lie down. 2, Close our eyes. 3, Stay very quiet. and 4, Go to sleep" with pictures. We put it up on her wall and taught them to her stuffed animals. She knows that if she follows them ALL NIGHT she will get a star sticker in the morning which can be used as currency for some sort of treat. I also stopped all negotiating with respect to sleep. No more "one more story or sing the sleep song one more time or rub my back or leave the door open, etc..." When I say it's time for bed, I stick to my guns and she knows it now. She STTN until 5 on Saturday night and was up only once last night at which time I went in there and said, "don't forget the sleep rules!" gave her a kiss and left. Before I implemented this strategy she would have howled for hours but she knew I wouldn't budge or return so she put herself back to sleep with little protest and slept til 6:15 (which is GREAT for her). I'm hoping the trend continues!

This morning I organized the baby's room a bit - put his clothes in the closet instead of boxes. I can't believe how much he has already between the gender neutral stuff I will be able to use again from DD and items I'm been collecting on super sale / the baby consignment shop near us.

Last night I had dinner with a friend who has a daughter my DD's age and a boy due one week before me and it was so nice! It was the first time we got to spend time together without the kids (since we met through them). She mentioned how another friend found it helpful (in terms of assisting child #1 to adjust to the pending birth of a new baby) to refer to the second baby as "your/[name of first child]'s baby brother/sister." I realized that I'm already doing this but I DO think it helps my daughter feel involved with the pregnancy since it isn't just "a" baby, it's "HER" baby brother. Just thought I'd share that in case it's helpful to other second timers here.

Anyway, I should go try to nap while DD is sleeping.

Hope everyone is well!
Mrs

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Tao, congratulations, she's just adorable! Look at all that hair!!!

AFM- I had a wonderful shower, my mother and mother-in-law did a fantastic job. We got so much stuff.... Ethan has more crap than I do, and he's only 19 inches long and still in my belly!!!

Skippy, the quilt is so cute, i'm glad you had a great time!

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Charbie: You look great! You are rocking the bump :)

Mrs: So sorry about the sleep struggles but it sounds like the new strategy is working :(

RT: Sorry about the discomfort.

Basil: That is funny about OB. Everyone has the things they loved/hated in Med School and OB was definately one of those things. I sure love it and I cant imagine trying to operate in the eye! I guess that is why there are so many things to go into. We are looking now at the Phil and Teds explorer, but now I also am loving the britax B ready and the bumbleride indy. I know it seems silly, but in addition to wanting a light stroller with easy maneuvering for the city, I also LOVE the pram style available with the Phil and Ted and britax. I realize it should not be a major factor in my decision because the baby might not even like it, but I just think it looks adorable. I am no help with your handles dilemna but I say go for the bassinet! As for the scrubs, I agree they are good bump hiders in a good and not so good way!

Blen: Glad you are ok.

Skippy: Glad you had a wonderful shower. That quilt and those diaper cakes are amazing! It always cracks me up that even in the registry era people end up with duplicates. Hopefully the returns won't be to tough.

DCG: Sounds like you are staying on top of things despite everything you have going on. Yay for the budget passing, at least for now. I actually took a peek at our girl last night and of course, she is now head down. I am sure as many have said that she will keep flipping, but for now it is good to know she is aware of where the exit is!

Tao: Congrats, glad after all the scares that she is perfect! Enjoy your little girl!

Tuckins: Glad the shower went well!

AFM: I am exhausted from working nights and glad to be going back to a more normal schedule for a while. I like the action at night and the babies, but I was having a really hard time sleeping during the day which made things tough. Baby is moving tons and I snuck a peek at L&D last night with one of my other residents and found that little Stella is now head down. I know it will change tons but its good to know that she is moving. Thanks for all the reassurance. We are trying to figure out strollers now too, and I am leaning towards the britax B ready. I watched a bunch of videos on babygizmo.com which were helpful as far as pros and cons of the strollers. I think we will try to take a look at them this weekend, but of course no 1 store has all of the ones we are interested in so lots of driving around to check them out.

Hope everyone is well!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Tao, congratulations and welcome, Violet Joy! :appl: :wavey: She is just beautiful! I love the pic of her meeting her big brother.

AFM, work is crazy and I have way too many decisions to make for the house re-model. I will try to come back and catch up properly later. I can't believe I will be at 30 weeks on Thursday. :o

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
Tao, congrats!!!! Your beautiful violet and I share a birthday! She's gorgeous!

Tukins, so glad you had a good time at your shower

Skippy, glad you had fun at your shower. And you look wonderful!!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
So....I was due on April 25. Sunday night I felt a little trickle and thought nothing of it. Then every time I got up something would trickle down my leg. After about 15 minutes it occurred to me that it might be my water breaking. This never happened with my other 2 pregnancies. The doc said go to the hospital to get checked and it was my water breaking. 20 minutes later contractions started regularly and they checked me 45 minutes after they admitted me and I was at 6 cm. I asked for an epidural and 25 minutes later the nurse said I was fully dilated and baby was really low. 3 pushes later my little girl was born. She was facing sideways so the doc turned her head and she was out in another push. It was a super quick labor and delivery.

Baby Alyssa born April 11 @ 5:16am, 6 lb 15 oz, 20 inches.

I'll post a pic when we get back.

Wishing all you wonderful preggos a healthy and happy rest of your pregnancies!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Puffy, steal L&D! Congrats and can't wait to see photos!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Congrats Puffy! So glad L&D was such a breeze. Can't wait to see pics.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just popping in real quick and then I will catch up later tomorrow; I promise.

Congratulations PUFFY!!!! Can't wait to see your precious baby!!! :love: :love: :appl: :appl:

Congratulations TAO!!!! Violet is Beautiful!!!! I love that pic of Evan and Violet together; super sweet! :love: :love: :appl: :appl:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Wow Puffy! Congrats! That's the best L&D story ever!! Seems like you beautiful ladies have had a busy week :)

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Puffy!! I am quite jealous of your L&D story.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Puffy-congrats!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Can't wait to see a pic of your little lady (and your two handsome boys!)

Tao-VIolet is :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: and Evan looks like such a good big brother!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Hello my preggo friends!
Sarahb: congratulations! 2u2 is ambitious, but you'll have a blast. DH has good friends with babies 12 months apart almost to the day...wasn't planned that way, but works out wonderfully (from an outsider's point of view, i'm sure :tongue: )
dcg: you ambitious lady, you! i'm so excited for you that things are working out somewhat as planned, and i'm sure you'll find a great home to rent. spending the extra cash for packers/movers is the way to go! we did that with 2 moves when i was younger...awesome stuff there. word of advice (kind of a duh! thing anyways) but make sure you grab your own smaller valuables. my mom had her jewelry box stolen in a move, and it never showed up on the inventory log (shocker!) so she had a hard time claiming it. we are supposed to get some framing up at the house this week ( :-o )! how fun spending time with your brother and how great is it he gets along well with your DH! i bet you guys are so excited to move close to family so soon, especially with your little girl making her appearance.
basil: i hear you on not necessarily wanting to share names if you come to a decision. first- i'm indecisive, and can totally picture myself changing the baby's name once it's born. second- unsolicited advice. and i agree with not necessarily worrying too much if it is a popular name. i have an uber-popular name for my generation, and can't say it bugged me too much. plus, you can pretty much count on your little man being called by his last name anyways- heck, i'm a girl and my guy friends still refer to me as my maiden name. best of luck on the stroller search- every time i think i find one i like, i find another one that seems cooler. oh and i'd freak out on my agent if i came home to something being ruined during a showing. that is just flat out WRONG and i would demand an explanation. i work in healthcare as well...not in scrubs since im in admin, but i think they need some cute maternity scrubs. just my opinion...we have 4-5 pregnant nurses/aides right now, and all of them keep talking about how their scrubs turn into tents. :(
tao: congrats on violet making her appearance!!! i just love that name. she is so precious, and that pic of her and evan is priceless. i love that he's adjusting to his role as big brother- he will one day realize how important it is ;-)
puffy: congrats to you as well on your little lady! can't wait to see pictures of Alyssa (the same name as one of DH's cousins!) what a shocker, and man, when she was ready, she was READY!
cupcake: your belly is just to die for. i wonder if the people at your office were correct...were you part of the PS baby boom this weekend?
luvin: ok, seriously. all belly, perfect basketball shape. lucky freaking ducky. love those pics, too! you also may have been part of the PS baby boom weekend!
Tuckins: i hope Ethan (gosh i hope i have the right name...Ethan, Evan? I love them both :twirl: ) is hanging out ok in there- i'm sure your baby will fatten up in due time- he'll be very jolly, too. here's to some happy baking for the next few weeks! and yipppeeee for a great shower! i bet it was a blast! i'm starting my registry soon...gets me all excited!
IHA: love the name Liam! glad they "officially" confirmed he was a he...and didn't have to become a "Leah" instead :bigsmile:
modern: that is very cute and sophisticated bedding for your little lady. I hadn't realized you settled on Stella- very cute! and how fun that you get to sneak peeks! who's jealous??? this girl is!
Mrs: i have my days of feeling fat vs. pregnant. and i didn't realize you could carry much higher...i feel like my bump is in my throat when i sit down! so glad that sleeping is going better- that is a great system you've got in place, and i'm filing it away in my memory for use later on. and what a great way for Sage to bond with baby brother- my mom was due with my younger sister when i was just over a year and a half old. she was due in November, and i apparently told everyone I wanted Santa to bring ME a baby as well. luckily, the stork didn't show up with 2 babies, and i got a doll i still own to this day ::)
Blen: scary stuff there with the BH- but i had to giggle about you needing to explain that you're pregnant, that's why you're having contractions. sometimes i wonder if i'll actually know that something is wrong- i tend to brush everything off! and i feel like i need to spell out to strangers that i'm pregnant, not just sporting a beer gut. thanks for the bump love, tho...i get more "confident" with it every day hehe. oh and OJ + diet 7up was a wonderful combination for me in the beginning of pregnancy if you need to "spice it up" at all.
Skippy: what great quilts- and the diaper cakes are cute, too! so glad you had an enjoyable shower- those little boys deserve a good spoiling- as does their momma! you look stunning- and how do you curl your hair, btw? do you use hot rollers? it always looks so full of body!
RT: glad Caiden(sp?) is hanging out on the inside still! and fun times with your mom visiting...i love my mom's meatloaf, too.
Kay: 30 weeks! whew! hope they can continue to move forward on your remodel at a good pace- are they planning on being done in the next ~10 weeks??? i hope so! (my house should be done in ~10 or so weeks... ;)) )
Princessplease: hope you're doing well, wherever you are!! :wavey: by now you've hopefully learned team pink or blue and happily baking away!!
Also- shout outs to January and Fabcrab!!! Hope you two are doing well!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AFM: that was a long post...i need to find more time during the week to update! geesh! things are going well around here. i'm still staying active, playing volleyball ( :!: ) and golfing. i'm being careful, no worries. i've decided i really am now finally feeling the baby moving around in there. it kinda feels like i'm being tickled with a feather on the inside of my belly, and sometimes i'll feel little love taps. whenever it happens, i kinda feel like i have a little itch and my hand flies to my belly. :lol: i was a bad girl and didn't get a decent breakfast (i've never been keen on breakfast) and felt my blood sure really drop this morning. i had a nurse check me out at work, my BP was slightly elavated, and sugar was LOW. she insisted i drink a mt. dew (i NEVER drink that) and that brought it right up. i then had a good lunch at subway and felt much better. learned my lesson, will be concentrating on bettering my diet. i just get so busy at work that i honestly forget to eat until it's too late. :nono: to myself.
Have a great week!

edited bc i have spelling issues. i hate when i read back on my post and see clearly mispelled words...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I am going for my GD screen in the morning, wish me luck!

I have been having a fair amount of stiffness and pain in my round ligaments after sitting at my desk for more than 30 minutes at a time :knockout: It seems to abate once I walk around and get the blood flowing, but it is really annoying to get up and hobble for the first five minutes. I am seeing shades of my last pregnancy already, and am not looking forward to the next three months! Anyone else have this? Any tips?

In better news, have not had heart burn in a week or so. Not sure what that was about for those 2-3 days, btu glad it is gone.

Other than the stiffness/pain in my lower abdomen, I am feeling good though! 26w 4d already. Time is flying.

I'll be back and try personals tomorrow. For now, nighty night!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Hello my lovely ladies! Hope all is well!

Puffy- Yay!!! :appl: :appl: So happy your little girl is here and healthy!

Ethan seems to be growing by leaps and bounds, because Mamma is EXHAUSTED!!! He must be soaking up all of my energy, and letting it loose at, oh, I don't know, 2:00 AM!! I swear it's like he's leading a marching band or playing the drums in there all night long! He's a wild man! :bigsmile:

Dreamer- good luck with your GD test!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results