shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Skippy - Now that you mention the cool old Hollywood feel for Dean, I totally can see it with Miles. Miles has that feel too! (But maybe a bit jazzier. ;)) ) But the only Dean I know in real life was a brawly shot-putter, and so I have that assocation with it. As far as crib linens, we had the most boring set-up ever: a white crib sheet. And that was it. Well, plus things like a rug and artwork on the walls - it is not like it was just completely barren. Now that he is older, he also has a blanket, a pillow, and his monster to cuddle with. We have an IKEA crib, which doesn't really work with the dust ruffles all that well.

Charbie/IHA - I started feeling what could have been movement or gas (hard to tell) around 12 weeks, and then by 14.5 it was definitely movement. It's still not all that strong though. I am looking forward to the more constant, strong movement of having a bigger baby in there!

RT - It must be good to be home!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy I have been meaning to chime in that I really like Miles a lot. Dean was for a while on my short list, so that is a cool name too. Tate sounds too much like "Tater tot" and I would not want that nickname personally so perhaps that is why it doesn't appeal as much! haha

basil

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry for being so MIA for so long! I have so much to catch up on that I don't think I can possibly do it...so please forgive me if I miss someone!

Skippy - so nice that you are getting your nursery all set up! I am looking forward to that step, but need to move first. I would love to see pictures when you get it set up! Have fun at your shower. I like Miles, Dean, and Tate! But I think as a pair I like Miles and Dean the best, because they both kind of have that old-ish feel to them. Bummer on the REI coupon - I had thought about taking advantage of that too! If you find a good price on the BOB, let me know.

Mara - Ian is my DH's name....I totally would have wanted to use it for our son if it wasn't already taken!

Charbie - congrats on breaking ground on the new house! That must be very exciting. How nice to have everything just as you want it. I really want to do that someday (DH is rather lukewarm).

January - welcome! It's such a milestone to get into the second trimester. How are you feeling?

RT - hope everything is going well. I've been following your medical problems even thoguh I haven't been posting much and I wish you all the best. I hope Caden stays in there for another few weeks!

CBS - welcome back! I am due 7/31 and I think there are a few others due the week or two after me, so you should be in good company!

Dreamer - congrats on the grant! Woohoo! I love reading what you BTDT moms are going to do the next time around...

Mrs - how is the sleeping with your DD going?

IHA - cute belly!

LUL - I love that picture! So cute.

Charbie - love your dress, and such a cute little bump!

IG - I love Parker too...I'm partial to -er names but can't use them cause our middle name is also an -er name...

Modern - Stella is a very pretty name too! (love all these PS names). Cute picture! I registered for one of those breathable bumpers even though the quilted ones are so cute...I just can't chance it. I probably won't put it on for a while either. My cousin is giving us her bouncer...but my mom is insisting that we also register for a swing. Cause apparently a swing was the only thing that would quiet me (colicy baby) when I was newborn. She thinks they are a lifesaver, but I know our baby might be different. So we might end up with both, though. Hopefully we can sell the swing if it doesn't get much use.

Miscka - congratulations on Harlan! He is gorgeous! Will you call him Harley for short?

Kay - I hope you are feeling better...

Blenheim - I (obviously) don't have any advice on childbirth classes...DH is kind of set against going to any too...so I'm not sure what we'll do.

DD - I like Willow and RIver too!

Tao - hope you and Violet are either hanging in there...or that she is here with you right now!

I know I missed some people...so sorry! I'll try to be better about keeping up.

Anyway, I've just had a crazy few weeks at work with some after hours projects building up plus my board exam. Hopefully everything should quiet down again soon and I can get back into thinking about baby stuff. DH and I went to BRU yesterday to look at stuff. Poor guy wanted to run as soon as he set foot in there...he's the type that doesn't really get into stuff until it's actually happening. Same thing happened before we got our puppy and now he is so into spoiling her with new toys/treats/etc.

My new nursery plan is this crib: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4358798, with this changer: http://www.landofnod.com/changers/baby/change-it-up-changing-table/f5052 and this dresser: http://www.landofnod.com/dressers/baby/espresso-simple-2-over-4-dresser/f5271. I'm just not sure on the quality of the dresser since I can't really see it in person, but I hope that for the price it's ok. I hate furniture shopping in person cause the salespeople are so pushy and annoying. I wish I could find something like that dresser that was reasonable quality in an adult size instead of child's size depth. Has anyone had LON dressers before? Or know of other good places to look?

I'm also trying to figure out what to do about a stroller. I think we will use a snap n' go at first, but it would be nice to have something to walk around on our rough sidewalks and city parks (lots of hills, dirt paths). I was thinking BOB but the orange Baby Jogger City Mini was the only thing that interested DH in the whole BRU store yesterday..and it's cheaper, smaller, and lighter. I just don't know if it's rough enough to go in the parks. Any advice?

I'm 23 weeks now and feeling him more and more...the other night I had DH keep his hand on my belly for 5 min or so when he was being active and he actually felt him kick a few times! So fun. We tried to hear the heartbeat with a stethoscope but I don't think we had the right location. Not worried since he is moving a lot though.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, 25 week 2 day belly shot! Sorry about the messy playroom in the background ::)

Looking back at photos from my first pregnancy, my belly is about the size now as it was at 34 weeks last time! Crazy!

25weeks2dDreamer.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
basil|1301839676|2886566 said:
My new nursery plan is this crib: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4358798, with this changer: http://www.landofnod.com/changers/baby/change-it-up-changing-table/f5052 and this dresser: http://www.landofnod.com/dressers/baby/espresso-simple-2-over-4-dresser/f5271. I'm just not sure on the quality of the dresser since I can't really see it in person, but I hope that for the price it's ok. I hate furniture shopping in person cause the salespeople are so pushy and annoying. I wish I could find something like that dresser that was reasonable quality in an adult size instead of child's size depth. Has anyone had LON dressers before? Or know of other good places to look?

I'm also trying to figure out what to do about a stroller. I think we will use a snap n' go at first, but it would be nice to have something to walk around on our rough sidewalks and city parks (lots of hills, dirt paths). I was thinking BOB but the orange Baby Jogger City Mini was the only thing that interested DH in the whole BRU store yesterday..and it's cheaper, smaller, and lighter. I just don't know if it's rough enough to go in the parks. Any advice?

I think the crib is perfect! Nice looking, good price point! I wish we had gone for something like that.

W ehave the baby Jogger City Mini. I don't think it is enough for real dirt paths and hills with rocks etc. It is *perfect* for city streets, the mall, short jaunts over the grass, on the bus, in the grocery store. I love it as an all purpose stroller and got tonnes of use out of it, still do with our two year old. But for off roads or gravel, dirt, paths with rocks or roots etc, you need something with bigger wheels and better shocks like the BOB. In my experience, you cannot find one stroller to do everything. My suggestion to you is stick with the snap and go for the beginning, then look for a BOB used. They wear really well (ours is used) and it will save some money.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
BLEN ~~ you are right Miles is jazzier! lol I like that!!! Oh I love that Ikea crib; if we had an Ikea here I would of totally bought it! Thanks for your thoughts! I am excited about the artwork on the walls; I will need to go see if I can find your nursery pic in the nursery thread. :bigsmile:

DREAMER ~~ thanks about the names. lol about tater tots, I bet you are right on being called that by the other kids if he was Tate. Woman, your belly is beautiful; you look fabulous!!! :love: Yay, I am so glad you posted a picture!!! :appl:

BASIL ~~ I love the crib, changing table and dresser!! The dresser looks like you can put lots of stuff in it so I love that!! Great color too! :love: If I find a good deal on the BOBs I will be sure to let you know! thanks about the names!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFM ~~ sorry in advance for picture overload. :halo: Hubby is working on the second crib as I type this. Here are a few pics of the cribs, changing table, and my little Fisher Price horse when I was a little girl that the boys get to play with. Oh and one picture of me 28 wks 3 days in a new spring/summery dress from Motherhood I bought today. It will be comfy for those hot beginning of summer days. :D

28 weeks 3 days IMG_5525 - Copy.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay I am having issues on uploading pics, take 2! changing table and cribs. the walls are a baby blue. I can't upload my little horse, oh well, another day.

IMG_5530.JPG

nurseryIMG_5517 - Copy.JPG

IMG_5518.JPG

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies,

I am so very sorry that I have been MIA for the past week but man, has it been pretty crazy! I know I need to do some serious catching up, but I will try to get to it manana. In the meantime, I just wanted to fill you in all the insanity that has gone down in the last week +. First off, we sold our condo last week. :bigsmile: We never imagined it would sell this quickly, but we are really happy that it did. The one little hitch is that our closing in May 13 so we have to be out of here before then. We had planned on moving to FL and my husband has been working on getting transfered or finding a new job down there, but it is taking a bit longer than we wanted. I also planned on talking to my boss about letting me work from FL and set up an office down there (fingers crossed), but I just didn't get a chance to speak with my boss last week. So now, everything is kinda in hyper drive. We were in FL last weekend, so we checked out two hospitals, two daycares, and a bunch of rental houses. Pending approval from my company, I will try to get down there by the end of the May (although we will move the stuff down there sooner) and DH will come once he gets the work stuff worked out, hopefully sooner rather than later. So, that has been keeping us pretty busy with planning all of that!

Well, this weekend rolls around and I was looking forward to relaxing a bit, but apparently, my body had other ideas. I started to have some dull pain in my tummy on Friday and thought it might be indigestion or something and didn't worry to much about it, but all day Saturday and through the night the pain persisted. It wasn't dibilitating or anything, but just lingered and wasn't getting better. So, after not really sleeping last night b/c I was worrying, I went into Labor and Delivery to check everything out. Thankfully my little lady was just fine, and I got to hear her most of the morning on the monitor, which made me feel better. However, they were a bit stumped where the pain was coming from. I had the start of a UTI, so they got me started on some meds for that, but they also thought it might be a fibroid that has been growing a bit during my pregnancy. They gave me some pain meds for that too, and they seem to be helping a bit. I have my monthly appointment on Thursday, so they will follow up with me then, but I am hoping one of the two issues get resolved soon.

Otherwise, we have made our registries up at BRU and BBB, so that is good. Anywho, I am exhausted now, so I am going to head to bed, but I wanted to let you all know that I was kicking. I look forward to catching up with you all tomorrow and keep those pics coming :bigsmile: Night ladies.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey skippy, you look great too! I noticed your cribs have the mattress support part in the "low" position... not sure if you know there is a "high" position for newborns that is only about 12 inches below the top of the crib! On ours we have to take it apart to raise it, so I hope you don't have to on yours! You probably knew this ::) but thought I'd mention it in case! ETA: I justed looked at our crib and realised you do have yours in the "high" position! LOL! It looks so different without the mattresses in there.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy you look fantastic!!!

Sorry for missing everyone.....

I'm still pregnant (due April 1)...4cm 70% effaced...nothing going on.

I've tried everything I can think of (or that I am willing to do) to induce labor...and nada.

Please send me labor dust---I want to meet this stubborn child already!

Also, and I don't know if this is a legit fear.....but for every day I'm late I keep thinking I'm going to wind up with a c-section.....

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
skippy, you look wonderful!!!

tao, tons of labor dust for you. i hope your little girl makes her appearance soon!!

37 weeks today....3 more weeks to go.

hope all you lovely preggos have a wonderful monday and rest of the week! take care!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
taovandel|1301926939|2887357 said:
Skippy you look fantastic!!!

Sorry for missing everyone.....

I'm still pregnant (due April 1)...4cm 70% effaced...nothing going on.

I've tried everything I can think of (or that I am willing to do) to induce labor...and nada.

Please send me labor dust---I want to meet this stubborn child already!

Also, and I don't know if this is a legit fear.....but for every day I'm late I keep thinking I'm going to wind up with a c-section.....

Labor *DUST* coming your way! :wavey:

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Skippy and Dreamer: you two both look fabulous...I love both of your outfits!
Tao: you ARE progressing...just not quickly :) hope ms. Violet keeps clawing her way out :)

I had to share this funny dream DH told me he had. First, let me explain that we are big horse track people...he's been going to the track since he was about 6 weeks old, and we probably go once a month. Don't bet a ton, but have a little fun and entertain ourselves, usually with other family members joining in. So anyways...he had this dream about us being at the race track and I went into labor! I had the baby right there at the track, but the baby was missing its body! I gave birth to only a baby head. It was a boy, and I guess I started crying because the baby's face was that of an old man. He said no one paid attention to the fact the baby was missing a body, but everyone kept talking about how it had a wrinkly old man head.

I thought it was the preggo hormones giving me the weird dreams...I guess they are wearing off on poor DH as well :tongue:

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
charbie|1301937527|2887505 said:
Skippy and Dreamer: you two both look fabulous...I love both of your outfits!
Tao: you ARE progressing...just not quickly :) hope ms. Violet keeps clawing her way out :)

I had to share this funny dream DH told me he had. First, let me explain that we are big horse track people...he's been going to the track since he was about 6 weeks old, and we probably go once a month. Don't bet a ton, but have a little fun and entertain ourselves, usually with other family members joining in. So anyways...he had this dream about us being at the race track and I went into labor! I had the baby right there at the track, but the baby was missing its body! I gave birth to only a baby head. It was a boy, and I guess I started crying because the baby's face was that of an old man. He said no one paid attention to the fact the baby was missing a body, but everyone kept talking about how it had a wrinkly old man head.

I thought it was the preggo hormones giving me the weird dreams...I guess they are wearing off on poor DH as well :tongue:

Omg this made me laugh so hard I almost peed my pants! I hope that doesn't really happen (and I'm sure it won't! haha)

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer - Looking great! And you are calling that play room messy?? ;))

Charbie - LOL! That is totally a pregnant woman dream. Maybe it's the prospect of all that change and responsibility coming up that does it, not just the pregnancy hormones?

Tao - thinking of you and hoping that Miss Violet decides to make her grand debut.

Skippy - you look great! I did have a pic or two posted in the nursery thread, but it's back from when we were living with my in-laws. G has a room of his own now, with blue walls and a big boy bed - for reading books only; he still sleeps in his crib. Your nursery is definitely making progress and seems like it will be very restful. I love restful, calm bedrooms.

DC - That sounds crazy hectic, but it is awesome that you sold so quickly! I swear that staging and manically cleaning everything in sight really pays off. That must feel great. I hope that your poor tummy starts feeling better.

Basil - I looked at the City Mini Double, and while I really like it, I am not sure that I can go from air-filled tires to non-air-filled tires (whatever they are called). I just love our BOB - great tires and shocks! We also got ours used off Craigslist in great condition, and it even came with the rain shield and handle-bar drink thingamabopper.

Mrs - Hope the sleep is going better for you.

Sorry to those I missed!

AFM - The office lobby receptionist asked me today if I am expecting and I had three people offer to give up their seats to me on the bus, so I guess I must have just passed that point. I still have not gotten out the maternity jeans though. :Up_to_something:

16w4d Blen.JPG

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies - just a lurker here and hope you don't mind me asking a question (for those who it might apply to):

Did any of you opt for an amnio and if so what were your reasons?
Thank you - I'll go back to lurking now ;-)

PS You all look great

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
janinegirly|1302010485|2888174 said:
Hi Ladies - just a lurker here and hope you don't mind me asking a question (for those who it might apply to):

Did any of you opt for an amnio and if so what were your reasons?
Thank you - I'll go back to lurking now ;-)

PS You all look great

J ~~ I opted out of amnio because they told me there was a 1 in 200 chance that during the procedure I could miscarry. I still had time to decide but I wanted to do the NT scan w/the blood work to know my odds. Hearing the odds made me decide not to the amnio. I think if people have the NT scan then they feel good about making a decision either way or it helps them make a decision on whether to do the amnio or not, just my opinion.

BLEN ~~ great belly shot. You look fab!

DREAMER ~~ thanks; you are right the crib is in the high position so it is correct, thanks for checking.

TAO ~~ how are you doing? thinking of you and sending labor dust your way!!!!

DCGATOR ~~ congrats on selling the condo, woohoo!!! great news.

CHARBIE~~ lol about the dream!!!

PUFFY ~~ woohoo for 37 weeks, soon soon your beautiful lo will be here!

I have my u/s today. Talk to you all later; thanks for your sweet words on the belly!!!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Skippy - what were your NT odds if you don't mind me asking? I've heard 1/400 - 1/1600 for amnios' risk, so appears to be a wide range by doctorl

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
janinegirly|1302012125|2888195 said:
Thank you Skippy - what were your NT odds if you don't mind me asking? I've heard 1/400 - 1/1600 for amnios' risk, so appears to be a wide range by doctorl

Maybe because I am having twins those were the odds for the amnio and being 34? I heard it depends on the doctors too (which you have a right to ask about, how many procedures they do, etc) if they do the procedure often, etc then it plays into the odds. I don't remember the risk but I do remember having us having a long discussion with the genetics counselor to feel good about it. Also I am considered high risk (Twin momma) so I have U/S's often so they can look out of issues. I honestly would have to look for my notebook because I have numbers written down but I am glad we had the genetics counselor and I think I looked in BabyCenter and a few other sources to feel good about my odds. Dreamer can tell you about the false positives too, so hopefully she will chime in.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing well! Quick question for you....what is your take on cooking with alcohol? I make a darn good chicken piccata with about a half cup pinot grigio. Think it's ok? I'll be simmering it for about 15 minutes.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
lizzyann01|1302021313|2888311 said:
Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing well! Quick question for you....what is your take on cooking with alcohol? I make a darn good chicken piccata with about a half cup pinot grigio. Think it's ok? I'll be simmering it for about 15 minutes.

No worries, the alcohol would evaporate anyways! I would eat it no concerns, personally.

janine I believe Kay had amnio with this pregnancy, she pops in once and a while hopefully she will see this. I did not have amnio because I am 32, and thus considered lower risk still, and our NT & bloodwork results were 1/10000 or something like that (1/800 is baseline for my age). But if I had come back in the "positive" range, which is less than 1/300, I would personally have done it. It is hard to get accurate results about the risk of m/c with amnio, but this is what a government affiliated Canadian health website says (increased odds of m/c are about 0.5-1.0%; double for twins): "What are the risks involved in amniocentesis? Miscarriage: It is important to note that the risk of miscarriage unrelated to any procedure is about 6 in 100 at nine to twelve weeks of pregnancy, decreasing to 1 in 100 by the fifteenth week of pregnancy. Following amniocentesis, there is an additional risk that 1-2 in 200 women will have a miscarriage (1-2 in 100 for twin pregnancy). Also, 2 in 100 women will have problems, such as amniotic fluid leakage or bleeding." http://www.bcwomens.ca/Services/PregnancyBirthNewborns/PrenatalScreeningDiagnosis/Amniocentesis.htm

BTW Janine, do you have something to share with the group?

AFM anyone else dealing with heartburn?? The last 2-3 days starting around 5pm I have been getting bad heart burn. I didn't have it with Hunter so it has me stumped, and TUMS is not working. I am wondering if I am not drinking enough water and eating regularly, as I have not been doing that the last few days, and if that is contributing. Thoughts?

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
RT--You look great, but I'm also worried for your crotch ;))

Blen and Dreamer--both of you look fabulous!

Charbie--my DH has also been having weird dreams and now he's blaming them on me. He's been asking Lorelei everyday if she's ready to come out.

DC--congrats on selling the condo! Sorry to hear about the UTI hopefully it clears soon.

Welcome to CBS and January!

InHisArms--I feel the most movement at night too, probaby cause I am not moving myself.

J--We didn't get the amino since we are not considered "high risk". Actually we didn't do any of the extra testing. I guess we are just hoping for the best and so far it's been working out.

Skippy--you look great and the nursery looks so cute! I'm sure you and your DH are excited to bring the boys home. I love the name Dean and Miles too!

Bella--One of my good friends is named Samuel so I love that name too!

Tao--sorry you are still pregnant....hopefully you will go into labor soon. I'm hoping for easy labor dust for you!

For anyone else I missed, I'm sorry! I am trying to catch up. I hope everyone is doing awesome!

Just a quick update on me, I had a blow out tire yesterday on the highway which scared the crap out of me and baby. Luckily I didn't hurt anyone and was able to get the car under control and off to the side of the road. Pregnancy wise, I had my weekly appointment yesterday which was accompanied by a Strep B test and an internal---which are very uncomfortable by the way. :errrr: Dr. told me that I am between 1-2cm dilated and it could be any day now or it could mean nothing. Such a vague answer if you ask me. I have a feeling that Lorelei will end up coming around my birthday, which is on the 14th. Dr. thinks that its possible in the next two weeks or so. DH and I are both very excited! We also hired a Chinese nanny for Lorelei so she can get accustomed to the sounds of Chinese (though the nanny does not speak my dialects, it's still good for her to hear the similar sounds). Not to mention when she is older, it will be nice for her to already be used to Chinese food.

And since I missed BPF here is my contribution. I also just got a newborn bunny hat for Lorelei's newborn pictures so I'm posting it here. Happy Tuesday everyone!

2011-04-05 10.35.29.jpg

2011-04-05 09.03.47.jpg

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1302021996|2888332 said:
lizzyann01|1302021313|2888311 said:

No worries, the alcohol would evaporate anyways! I would eat it no concerns, personally.

janine I believe Kay had amnio with this pregnancy, she pops in once and a while hopefully she will see this. I did not have amnio because I am 32, and thus considered lower risk still, and our NT & bloodwork results were 1/10000 or something like that (1/800 is baseline for my age). But if I had come back in the "positive" range, which is less than 1/300, I would personally have done it. It is hard to get accurate results about the risk of m/c with amnio, but this is what a government affiliated Canadian health website says (increased odds of m/c are about 0.5-1.0%; double for twins): "What are the risks involved in amniocentesis? Miscarriage: It is important to note that the risk of miscarriage unrelated to any procedure is about 6 in 100 at nine to twelve weeks of pregnancy, decreasing to 1 in 100 by the fifteenth week of pregnancy. Following amniocentesis, there is an additional risk that 1-2 in 200 women will have a miscarriage (1-2 in 100 for twin pregnancy). Also, 2 in 100 women will have problems, such as amniotic fluid leakage or bleeding." http://www.bcwomens.ca/Services/PregnancyBirthNewborns/PrenatalScreeningDiagnosis/Amniocentesis.htm

BTW Janine, do you have something to share with the group?

AFM anyone else dealing with heartburn?? The last 2-3 days starting around 5pm I have been getting bad heart burn. I didn't have it with Hunter so it has me stumped, and TUMS is not working. I am wondering if I am not drinking enough water and eating regularly, as I have not been doing that the last few days, and if that is contributing. Thoughts?

Hey just wanted to let you know that you could try aloe juice. They sell it at most natural stores (Sunflower Market, etc.) I tried it once at my sister's and it really helped but I wasn't a big fan of the taste and usually tums help me so I didn't need to take drastic measures lol I hope you feel better soon!

I was wondering if anyone else on PS has pre-e? I may have missed if they did but it would be nice to have a fellow PS-er to commiserate with! Only 5 more days til my awesome mom gets here!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LIZZYANN ~~ yay I am so glad you joined us in this thread; looking forward to your posts!!! I had the same concern and my hubby said it evaporates too. Your meal sounds yummy!!! :D

BLEN ~~ thank you about the nursery looking relaxing; that is what I wanted, so that is nice to hear that!! Your nursery is adorable!!! :D Post pics sometime; I want to see your blue. Your belly is super adorable!!!

CUPCAKE ~~ thanks about the names and the belly! awww, that is the most adorable little hat :love: Your belly is stinkin adorable!! :D Yay for Lorelei coming in the next few weeks! Happy birthday soon!!! I am sorry about the tire; that must have been scary. I am glad you and your lo are okay.

DREAMER ~~ I was getting a bit of heartburn earlier, but started eating smaller meals through out the day, lots of water, and not eating past 7 pm because I noticed when I would lie down it made it worse. Hope you feel better soon, that is no fun!! :halo:

RT ~~ I would look back or do a search on PS; I search for the twin mom posts and that really helped read through those. Hopefully something will come up. Also I noticed babycenter has tons of helpful info. sending best wishes to you and your lo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFM ~~ I am back from the Perinates. I had a 1 Hour long U/S like I normal do checking growth, heart, bladder, look at the brain, fluids etc of the babies. The babies each weigh 2 lbs 12 ozs and are about 15 inches long. woohooo! :D :D I hope I continue doing a good job of baking them. The doctors and nurses said I was doing good in the weight department and exercise dept keeping healthy, etc which made me feel good because it is tough seeing the numbers on the scale go but it is worth it if I am doing a good job baking my little guys.

They checked to make sure my cervix is closed. They checked heart rates for approx 20 mins, and they checked to make sure I wasn't having any contractions. I will start having weekly shorter ultrasounds from now on to make sure the babies are still do their practice breathing, their amniotic fluids look good, heart rates are normal and that I am not having contractions. I will still have my long 1 hour growth appts every month in addition to these small ultrasounds.

Oh and both babies are head down which I hope they stay that way, woot! :D I am up 27 lbs and will be 29 weeks Thursday. I am still walking but I do feel like a waddle. lol. Have a beautiful week you wonderful Preggos!!! :wavey:

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all!

Skippy - congrats on a good ultrasound! Your nursery is coming out so cute. Can't wait to see it all complete! And such a cute photo, mamma! You look like you're holding a bowling ball under your dress :bigsmile:

Cupcake - so exciting you're due so soon...and such a gorgeous cute hat! Scary about the blow out - glad you are both ok.

DD - I have had heartburn pretty much every day since...16 weeks or so? I wish I could say something I eat or don't eat makes it better, but it doesn't seem to be that way. Sometimes I can have a giant burrito and be fine and crackers or fruit will set it off. I am taking Zantac (ranitidine) twice a day..and tums seem to help if it gets out of control beyond that. But Zantac is a life saver and safe for preggos. Cute belly pic!

Lizzy - congratulations! So glad to see you back! Yes, cooking with wine is fine cause it burns off.

Janine - we decided not to do the amnio but would have if our NT results were off at all. I had a friend who did CVS but she is 35 and has a genetic disease...

Blenheim - you look great! Everyone has such cute little bumps...I just look like a chubber. I should post a pic one of these days. Even my dad said "I wouldn't know you were pregnant. I'd wonder, but I wouldn't ask" :lol:

Charbie - funny dream! They would have picked up on the lack of body at the anatomy scan though... ;))

Tao - you're so close! Dust to you and Violet!

DC - so awesome you sold your condo! Is FL home for you? If so, that's great you're heading that direction before your LO arrives. Crazy getting it all settled in a short period of time though!

Anyway, what do you all think of the name Hayden? Middle and last names are not, but have the same ring as Faulkner Lee. DH likes it cause it's a soft Star Wars reference (Hayden Christiansen played Anakin Skywalker a.k.a. Darth Vader) :rolleyes: But I kind of like it for being not too trendy but a little different too. Seems like a name he could grow into..."President Hayden Faulkner Lee" Or maybe it is too preppy - like an obnoxious college lacrosse player? What do you think?

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Basil: I told my doctor today about DHs dream (I just love my doctor) and he promised me that the baby will have a body to go along with the head. I also told him about my craving of fried pickles, and he said he would also love some fried pickles as well.
as for the named Hayden.... :love: !!!!!!! DH has a cousin who named his son Hayden, and im not sure I've ever met another one. I think it is modern without being too cutesy, and it is a name that can grow with him as you said.

Skippy: love the bump, the cribs, and so happy you had a good ultrasound today! Yay for the boys doing alll the stuff they should be doing in there! And im so excited for you and your earrings ;-)

Blen: you and MS have that cute little bump sticking out from low in your abdomen...mine is a freaking basketball under my boobs. Love that dress, and love that people are recognizing that you're preggo. I have to laugh about the dream...at least it means DH has baby on the brain :twirl:

Cupcake: you seem to be in a much better place than you have been your past few posts ::) hope alll is going well, and you'll get to meet your litte angel soon! Too funny about your DH asking if she's ready to come on out!

Dc: big congrats to you guys selling the condo! I totally understand having all those changes at once...we just lived it. Fingers crossed that everything will work out for you guys...im sure they will!

So I had a doctors appointment today, just to get a blood draw for the quad screen (we didn't have an NT scan) and they couldn't get much blood (im a slow bleeder) so she asked the doc if when I came in 4 weeks for my anatomy scan if it was too late to redo the blood draw in case they didn't have enough from today. He said it would be too late for the testing (?), so she asked if we could schedule my anatomy scan in 3 weeks instead and he said that worked. Soooo April 27 will be the big reveal (hopefully if the bubs isn't shy that day). As much as I didn't want to find out boy or girl...now im excited bc I know its going to help DH bond with the baby.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
And how cute is this little outfit my coworker gave me today? People are right..don't buy the baby clothes...my kid has lots of onesies..I haven't bought a thing. Let's hope this baby shows up on time!

2011-04-05_20-55-41_374.jpg

2011-04-05_20-55-58_491.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Hey all,
This is my first time posting on this thread. We just found out that we are 8 weeks 5 days pregnant and expecting on 11/11/11. We are very happy as we were trying to have 2U2. DS is currently 9 months old. I can't believe I"m pregnant 2 summers in a row. I'm exhausted...and hoping there is an end in site for morning sickness soon. Hoping all the other ladeis are having beauitful and healthy pregnancies. :bigsmile:

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies,

It seems like so much has been happening on here that it's a bit hard to catch up, but I will try my best. If I miss anybody, I apologize in advance!

Random - I am so sorry for all the medical issues you have been dealing with, but hopefully your little one will keep cooking until you induction date. Lots of dust!

Tao - How is the baking coming? Any signs that the LO wants to come out, or do you think you will have to induce? Sorry that your boys were sick, but hopefully everyone is better by now.

Cupcake - Ugh for the heartburn, I feel ya on that one. Try a Xantac 75 (sp) if the tums don't work. The OB said it was ok for me to use and it definitely makes things more tolerable when Tums just won't do it. Sorry about the annoying neighbor, but hopefully it will work out ok. Thanks for the congrats on the house, it is definitely a huge relief. You look really great for 38 weeks lady! It sounds like Loreli is preparing for her big entrance, so enjoy the last few days of quiet, lol. That tire blowout sounds pretty scary, but glad that everyone was ok. Also, very cool on getting the Chinese nanny to expose her to the multi-cultural aspect.

Mrs - Glad to hear that the party for your LO went well. What a bummer that the kid got you and DH sick, but gladly the LO seemed immune. I'm glad to hear that DD has gotten back on a sleeping schedule so mommy can get her rest!

Kay - Congrats on reaching the third trimester. Of all the names, I am partial to Vanessa myself :wink2: , but I also Veronica. I :love: the middle name as well. I'm sorry for the ECP or whatever might be ailing you down there. Hopefully it doesn't get worse.

Skippy - Bummer about not being able to use the coupon on the BOB, but hoepfully you can still get one. Hospital tours are indeed fun, and I'm glad you like yours. Sorry that DH got sick, but hopefully he is fully recovered now. That is so very exciting that your boys are so active. I know its kinda funny for me to feel one, but I can't imagine wathching my tummy moving in two different directions, :cheeky: As for names, I prefer Miles, Dean and Tate. My favorite it Tate though. You really can't shorten in and it fits a kid or adult. It sounds like the ultrasound went well and that the boys are growing strong, great baking mama. Yeah for the upcoming baby shower, I bet it will be a blast! You still look fabulous, I can't believe there are two in there :wink2: Great work to DH on the cribs. Thanks for the congrats on the house.

Blen - Did you make a decision on the birth classes? Now with my move coming up, we definitely need to try to get together before I go. Let me know when you think you will have some free time. Btw, you look just great and such a cute baby bump!

Miscka - Congrats on little Harlan, he is too cute! I am sorry about the back labor and his issues with jaundice, but it sounds like he is thriving now. Congrats again and take care you two!

Tuckins - Glad to hear that all is well with you and baby Ethan! Take care and let us know how things progress

Basil - How is my preggo twin? How did the test go? Hopefully you passed and life is good! I really like the crib choice, I think it looks good. Just to note, if you plan to convert it into a regular bed once the little man is bigger, I would go ahead and buy the conversion kit now. And also, they usually sell a toddle rail too, which may be worth the money. As for the dresser, if you want an adult one, check out the company we bought our nursery furniture from. They do adult sizes and really nice finishes. http://www.creationsbaby.com/ As for the stroller, I think we are going with the Britax. It is a bit pricey, but until June, if you buy the stroller, you get the car seat for free, so not a bad deal! That is great that DH has been able to feel the little one. I think it makes it that more real for them. Btw, how is the house selling going? As for our moving, it has all kinda happened at hyper speed, but I am glad that we will be able to do it before the little one comes, so that is one less thing to worry about post baby! And yes, FL is where I was born, though we are moving to a different part than where I grew up. It's about 3.5 - 4 hours from the parents, but that is just perfect for us. They are close enough to come if an emergency comes up and we can easily shoot down there for the weekend, but they aren't close enough to be there everyday, so a good balance :cheeky: Btw, I really like Hayden. I think its a great name :bigsmile:

Charbie - How is the house coming? That is really exciting that they break ground and started the basement foundation. I have no doubt you can pregnancy-guilt them into getting it done before your LO arrives, lol. So, do you think you are feeling movements yet? It really is great when you can start to sense the LO. That is also too funny about DH's dream. My DH teases me that he inherits my crazy preggo dreams b/c he has some weird ones too, so maybe they are contagious, :cheeky: Btw, great pic, you look adorable. Ah, the fried pickles, that was my drug of choice in the first trimester too, lol. I have kinda grown out of the craving, but will gladly eat them when offered. FYI, Buffalo Wild Wings has them ;-) Good luck on the anatomy scan at the end of the month and what a cute onsie, I :love: it

Dreamer - Wow, you are almost at the third trimester, how time flies! I really like River for the boy name. I don't think its too hippie and think it's pretty cool. As for the work thing, that's great that you are essentially done will the baby comes and huge congrats on getting that grant! Sorry the car selling is being annoying, but hopefully you will get some nibbles soon. Enjoy your time off and the last couple months with Hunter before the new baby comes. Great belly shot! Btw, how did the GD test go? PS Ditto on the Xantac 75 for heartburn, if you can get it up there.

Deelight - Congrats on such a precious little girl! What drama with that awful doc. I am so glad that you stuck to your guns though and got the birth you wanted. Take care of your little family!

Modern - Thanks for asking about the house. Happily, we have a contract on it, and pending the appraisal (which they did on Monday), we expect to close on May 13. Crazy how quickly it all went, but I think that is preferable to a drawn out process. I love the pic, you looks just fabulous sweetie! Bummer on the weight issue, but that should be anything a few ice cream sundaes and some yummy hamburgers can't fix :naughty: . Btw, if you go with Stella, I think that's lovely. That is actually my sister's "potential baby name" so I wasn't allowed to consider that one.

Luvinlife - Only a couple more days left (hopefully). I love the maternity pics! Good luck with you last few preggo days.

IHA - Your baby belly it too cute! I look forward to hearing more from you once you are feeling less tired.

CBS - Welcome to the preggo thread and congrats on the baby. Do you know if you are having a little boy or girl, or are you waiting to find out? You will definitely be in good company time wise, as Basil and I are due the same week as you and a few others are right behind us.

January - A big welcome to you too. Congrats on your first little one and for holding out on the sex. There are a few people who are waiting to find out, so you might be able to lean on them for support, but I am not one of them, :bigsmile:

Lizzyann - Welcome to the preggo club! Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Sarah - Welcome to the preggo club too. Hopefully you can get through the awful ms soon!

Whew, that was quite an update, thanks for sticking in there if you are still reading! AFM, all is better now. Between the meds for the pain and the antibiotics for the possible UTI, the pain has subsided and I am back in working order, lol. Our little girl is doing just fine and kicking up a storm in the afternoons/evenings. Otherwise, I finally talked with my boss and the managing director of my company and they are on board with me working remotely from FL, so YIPEE! There are still a few details to work out, but that is SUCH a releif. So we are moving forward with trying to rent a house in Fl and making arrangements to move our stuff down there. With that said, the last hurdle before closing in May was the appraisal, and the guy was out on Monday and our realtor said he thinks it went well, so fingers crossed that we will have some good results by the end of the week and the closing will proceed as planned. On the baby front, we ordered our furniture in FL already, so that's good. We also ordered a Best chair for the nursery, so we should be all set with the big stuff. In the meantime, onwards to all the moving details and getting some stuff wrapped up with work, and my monthly appt manana. Oh yeah, I have to get all my records transfered down to a new OB, so that should be fun too, lol. I hope you ladies all have a great week and hopefully I will be better about updating more often.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
janinegirly -- I lurk here too, but I had a CVS done (kind of like an amnio). My NT scan came back a 1/91 chance of Down's. Broke my heart. So at doctor's rec, we had the CVS done. Baby was fine. (phew!)

dcgator -- sorry about the UTI/pain stuff. Glad you are trucking along better!!!!!! I love reading updates on you ladies! Not too much longer!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results