shape
carat
color
clarity

Cab lovers: what is this stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
Yes..thats the color mom have...some of them have pyrite flakes.These flakes make the design looks excellent,what ever the price is affected.Indigo-is the color,no?The color is just blue, like cheap blue dusts used to give white clothes free of yellowish hue after washing, somewhere in Asia(Dont have any idea about other Continents)
Yes,you are right,I have seen those tiles in Mosques from outside(Strictly no entry for Members of other Religion)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent setting; the earrings and pendant are just beautiful whatever they might be.

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/12/2009 3:54:05 PM
Author: amethystguy
Here is the only azurite specimen i have from morocco..i got it with an order of vanadnites and argonites..only a small thumbnail spec. but you can see a few specks of malachite..it reminds me of material from bisbee
It does look very close to that color amethystguy. Thanks for showing this. Along with the lapis tile, you have some amazing things. And what a cool story behind the lapis piece!

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/12/2009 4:38:03 PM
Author: rubyisforlove
So,its not Lapis?Thats the color my mom have-that is you holding amguy.And as I said there is golden inclusions.I will post pics later(may take 1 mo.-sorry for that delay).It is sold here in India as Lapis Necklace.One guy told me that story.Am sorry for conveying wrong message to you all.If I am not wrong Azurite is more costly?
So,the golden silk like inclusions are copper?But,years after years,those golden color is not changed(I want to say,copper will get greenish oxides,hydroxides,chlorides salt deposited over it).What is the likely cost of these one,carat wise?

@QueenB29 I love that silverwork too,its possible to make a pendant,earpieces from that set of my Mom.So,she will get a complete set (to be shared with my darling
41.gif
)
It is really a good collection,anyway.
Ruby, definitely post pics when you get a chance. I love lapis, and wish I had some, especially with the gold flecks. Whether it makes it more valuable or not, I don''t know, but I think the pyrite definitely makes the lapis more beautiful.

Thank you again. I love the silverwork as well. I think that''s what makes it so unique.
2.gif

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/12/2009 7:33:43 PM
Author: Chrono
Excellent setting; the earrings and pendant are just beautiful whatever they might be.
Thanks Chrono. I''m glad to finally have something worth sharing
31.gif

My brother leaves in July for another tour in the Med., so I''m going to ask him to keep his eyes open for other pieces
27.gif

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
I will definitely do it @ QueenB29.
Just its 500Km away from me-I will get a snap likely after 20days or so...I am eager to post too.
Apart from the Gem,I am in love with your silver worked rose-its have an European Country look.I have seen such work in some European countries..I can feel the smell right now,your pendant is unique,in that sense,its Gems,setting,silverwork style,purchase and owner all are from different parts of the world.Keep it with care.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Yea queenb have your bro bring back some more goodies..ya never know what he might pick up over there...very nice stuff

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 1:43:33 AM
I will definitely do it @ QueenB29.

Just its 500Km away from me-I will get a snap likely after 20days or so...I am eager to post too.

Apart from the Gem,I am in love with your silver worked rose-its have an European Country look.I have seen such work in some European countries..I can feel the smell right now,your pendant is unique,in that sense,its Gems,setting,silverwork style,purchase and owner all are from different parts of the world.Keep it with care.

I know. I think the silverwork really makes it. I wish I could find a silversmith to recreate it on the earrings. That way it would be a real set.
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so excited for you. The silverwork really makes the pendant something extra special.

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
I just cant recall now,where I had seen such silver works-I just can recall the shop''s interior,a small shop,some people were working in a shop''s corner,sitting in the floor.Am definite It was from some Europian countries.That Euorope trip was about 20years ago from now with my parents...its difficult to recall.Definitely it was not England.Just I like it.

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
Here it goes the wikipedia link for Lapis
You can get some idea about wearables Here

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/12/2009 5:08:49 PM
Yes..thats the color mom have...some of them have pyrite flakes.These flakes make the design looks excellent,what ever the price is affected.Indigo-is the color,no?The color is just blue, like cheap blue dusts used to give white clothes free of yellowish hue after washing, somewhere in Asia(Dont have any idea about other Continents)
Yes,you are right,I have seen those tiles in Mosques from outside(Strictly no entry for Members of other Religion)
Totally off topic - sorry!

I''ve never known a mosque refuse entry to somebody from another religion!

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
I dont want to comment on it in a open forum.Search the net,you will get your answer.You can imagine the heat of burning flame Here
Please,for God's sake,dont comment on it,I am begging to you as a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results