shape
carat
color
clarity

Bye bye pretty stone! Done ladies. My stone was sent in for my Ritani....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I decided on this setting. I have no idea how to post pictures but this is what I went with. http://www.solomonbrothers.com/Search/JewelrySearchDetails.asp?sSKU=78964&iPos=16&sSQL=adGetJewelry+%27RG%27%2C%27%25%27%2C%27%25%27%2C%27%25%27%2C%271621%27%2C%2D1%2C%2D1%2CNull%2CNull%2C%27ASC%27

I tried it on at Fortunoff and loved it. I also think the matching band (possibly bands
11.gif
) looks awesome with it. It's really delicate and dainty.

Will post pictures when I get it back.

I think it'll take 4 to 5 weeks.
7.gif

THANKS!

shoemortgage1979

Rough_Rock
WOOOHOOOO! Your ring is very different and beautiful. What''s the carat weight on the center stone?? (It''s hard to tell in pics)...
2.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I''m sorry. That''s not my actual ring. I''m just getting the setting.

My stone is an Old European Cut, around a carat. It was my soon-to-be''s grandmothers.
30.gif

shoemortgage1979

Rough_Rock
Still sounds stunning. When you get it, make sure to post pics. I will definitely want to see it!!
35.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! I tried on the same at Fortunoff and thought it was gorgeous. And I think you''ll be happier with the one you chose than the double-halo? It''s so dainty and beautiful!!!

So....I''ve heard conflicting reports about Ritani setting customers'' existing stones--if you have a chance I''d love to hear about that process. I''ve heard that they will only re-set "old" stones, and then that maybe only if they''re already set, not loose. Do tell! And it is going to look INSANE with your GIL-to-be''s OEC!!!!! Hooray!!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
You're exactly right, blueroses. Ritani will only sell their rings with their own stones or with old stones AND the old stones have to be sent in in their settings/mountings. They will not set "new" loose stones.
20.gif

Jeez, difficult.

My OEC was in a pendant so I sent my stone and mounting into DBOF.

Now, Fortunoff told me that they will sell the setting only but they "won't touch outside diamonds".
20.gif
My friend, who went with me, asked "Well, how would we get the stone set??" and the she just shrugged and repeated the whole "We won't touch outside diamonds.". That sales person could have been wrong though.

I will post pictures definitely! Thanks!
35.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Glad you were able to get around all of that! Sorry to pester you with questions--so, let me get this straight, you bought the Ritani setting from Fortunoff, and sent it and the OEC-pendent off to DBOF together and they''re going to set it?

Sorry to be confused! I''m curious b/c I may be dealing with a "family" stone in the future and am a big Ritani endless love fan. What a pain to have all of those restrictions! So, hypothetically, let''s say my bf''s family has the perfect stone in "the vault" (lol).....if it''s loose, it sounds like I''d have to put it in a setting just to have it taken out of the setting for Ritani? Had you had the OEC appraised already, or will DBOF do it before they set it?

Again, I hope you don''t mind all my ?????''s....and I am SO excited for your ring!!!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
No problem, ask away!

No, I didn't purchase my setting from Fortunoff. I'm purchasing my setting and doing everything through DBOF. According to Jan at DBOF, Ritani will not set new loose stones, and if you have an old one, they will only set it if it is sent in set. So, if you have a loose stone, find some kind of old mounting to set it into and then Ritani will reset it in their settings.
20.gif

Isn't that crazy?

I've read that BB&B is different but given all the correspondance I've had with DBOF and how nice they've been, I wanted to go through them for my Ritani setting and wedding band.

If you have any other questions. Shoot or you can always PM me.
35.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much!! I''ve heard great things about DBOF and I''m sure it will look amazing! (I wouldn''t want to go through BBB either.)

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
That''s exactly what I want!!! My stone is in a 6 prong solitaire with a center round stone that is .71 carats. I can''t wait to see your ring when it is done!
1.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
great choice. That setting will look absolutely FANTABULOUS with an oec. It almost seems as though its made for one! Yummy yummy. How much do those settings run? Nah.. I love my setting.. I wouldn''t want anything else for my OEC.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, that''s a great setting for an OEC, it''ll be beautiful! By the way, Fortunoff won''t set outside stones but Solomon Brothers will set any stone you want into any Ritani setting. At least they did a few months ago, my brand new loose stone was set into a Ritani setting by them.

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
I adore this setting. It''s really really dainty as you said. Congrats! The time will fly.

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting..and what a nice story about your stone!!! Very special...what are the specs? Enjoy it!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see it! It is going to look spectacular!

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
morticia--

I think it''s soooo great that you are getting a family stone... plus an OEC?! Those are to DIE for! I totally wanted one but didn''t look right in the final setting (what the FI told me) so he went with a RB. Anyways, I think a 1ct OEC in that setting will be jaw-droppingly gorgeous. I can''t wait to see it!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
That sounds fantastic!
30.gif
You must be so thrilled!
36.gif
I know we will all be holding our breath until you get your ring and post oddle of pictures!

beachbum

Rough_Rock
How exciting!!!!! Four to five weeks? Oh, I would just die of anticipation! I love that setting it is so beautiful. Good choice! Have you seen ChelleBelle''s Ritani? The thread can be found in the Show me the Ring forum and there are tons of yummy pics of her Ritani Endless Love. (I frequent it a lot!
30.gif
) It truly is one of the most beautiful rings I''ve seen, that setting is so stunning. I''ve only seen one on PS, so it''ll be nice to see another!!

Hope ChelleBelle doesn''t mind me posting this! (Not even sure if it''ll work) I think it''s around a carat as well? Not sure....
33.gif
Your OEC is going to look fab!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

chellebellering.jpg

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Morticia...you''re in good company with your setting selection. hehe. There are quite a few that have fallen in love with that setting, myself include. How brilliant that you will be able to use an OEC. Should be amazing! Please keep us updated! Woohoo!

FYI....I feel in love with this setting over a year ago. There have been others that I''ve liked and have considered making modifications (such as cute''s octagonal), but I really like the clean lines of this one. When it''s time to purchase a stone (hopefully in a few weeks) I will be going with this design, Leon crafting. We''ll see if it''s up to his artistic standards. LOL.

Again, can''t wait to hear & see progress!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results