shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying insurance for your ring in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flee12

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Has anyone in Singapore got your e-ring or jewellery insured? Which company did you go to?

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t and haven''t come across others on this forum from SG who have. When I checked in the beginning of 2004, only Chubb has some kinda policy that offers coverage on jewelry, but it is not e-ring specific. I wrote abit about it in this thread.

p/s. You know about the search function right? If you haven''t used it before, it''s just up there; has a little magnifying glass next to it.
1.gif

starfire

Shiny_Rock
Chubb Singapore has a good policy that will cover your jewelry, art pieces and watches.

Most content insurance policies will set a percentage of total home content cover allowable for jewelry/watches, typically about 30%. That means that if you want to insure a S$3,000 ring, you will need to insure at least S$10,000 for your home contents (including your ring).

While this is alright if you do not have a lot of jewelry to insure, this will pose a problem for those of you who have lots of jewelry which is high-value, compared to your total home content.

Chubb''s policy also includes worldwide coverage, which no home content policy will cover. For example, your ring is stolen from your hotel safe in London...

We are Charlotte Atelier recommend to our customers who have high-value jewelry to always arrange for insurance coverage, because we have had customers who lost their jewelry and it is always heart-breaking when this happens.

I hope this information is of help to you.

Cheers!
Stephen Tan
Charlotte Atelier
Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results