shape
carat
color
clarity

Burmese pink spinel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
If it were a color that I love, a window of that size wouldn''t bother me at all, especially if it''s a lively stone. Unfortunatelly I''m not a huge fan of pink, but even I can tell you that it''s a pretty one. And I have a feeling that windows are less obvious in orange and pink stones, due to these colors being close to most skin tones (well maybe not very close, but compared to blue...).

I tend to see native cuts as stones with more soul than sometimes too "arranged" precision cuts and think that the real beauty of a gem is in it''s perfect imprefections. Enjoy it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome eye popping colour. The window doesn’t appear a distraction on your hand as well. For me, I’d probably forgive that window as it doesn’t appear that humongous. As Mr Ma Re mentioned, the native cutting gives it an individualistic character. I like it.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the color is outstanding. I would keep it for the color.

Keep us in the loop when you decide to set it. I''m interesting in seeing if the setting hides the window. Maybe you have a spare setting (like so many PSers seem to have) that you could lay it in to check?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Mr. Ma Re: Thanks a lot. I was a huge fan of pink stones until about 6 months ago. Now I love them.

Chrono: Thanks, I really love the color and I am just going to work with the window because I think it is small enough to hide in a setting.

Stone hunter: Thanks! No spare settings sitting around, I have only bid on ebay once, and someone else outbid me :(

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That''s a beautiful colour! I would keep it as well, the window doesn''t seem to distracting :)

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 7:06:29 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
brandy - thank you. I know about your pad, but I have never seen the other ring. What is that stone?

MTG - Thanks! I am a size 6. I would not put this into a solitaire (well maybe a bezeled one)

LovingDiamonds - I don''t know how I am going to set it yet. I am thinking of getting a bigger pink spinel next year. I usually buy one higher priced stone a year than a few smaller ones. So I will hold on to it until I decide on next year''s big stone. If I set it into a ring I think a three stone with diamond sides would be pretty, but I am not sure. If I get another spinel that is bigger, I would set that one into a ring and make this one into a pendant.
Here is the original spinel thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/spinel-envy.117957/

gems_083.jpg

I was playing around with it in my jewe2004 setting the other day and got aggravated that I couldn''t get it to sit straight so I pushed the prongs out just enough to allow it to sit right in the setting. I got a wild hair and pushed the prongs back together. So, it''s set in wg and I''ve worn it the past few days.
37.gif
Sometimes I think I''m way too compulsive...but so far so good. The stone isn''t loose, I check it every few hours it seems, and it looks pretty darn straight to me.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LT: I think your spinel is a gorgeous color. In fact, I think it is prettier than the Tiffany spinel. I also wouldn''t worry about the window. Color is what is important.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
What a pretty stone! I also don''t think that small window would bother me.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Deia, LindaW, and Cind11 -thank you very much

Brandy - I have to go and look at your thread

ETA - the box just broke :(. I have to find a way to store this thing safely.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t worry about the window. Congrats!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 5:42:39 PM
Author: Harriet
I wouldn''t worry about the window. Congrats!

Thank you. I think your sugarloaf was part of what made me fall in love with the pinks. Next year, I am either going to get a Mehenge spinel or a bigger tsavorite :). Can''t decide. I guess I have found the colors I really like when I am considering having more than one stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results