shape
carat
color
clarity

Broken Rib

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My scan showed that I have mulitple fractures... More than 6,... So have a very long haul ahead.. Grrr.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 11:13:54 PM
Author: Kaleigh
My scan showed that I have mulitple fractures... More than 6,... So have a very long haul ahead.
20.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
39.gif
*hug* ... OOPS!!! ... *fistbump*?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 11:13:54 PM
My scan showed that I have mulitple fractures... More than 6,... So have a very long haul ahead.. Grrr.
Oh, ouch! And here I was feeling sorry for myself over a little tummy virus!
14.gif

You have my extreme sympathy, as well as prayers for less pain and a quicker healing.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Lisa! I am so sorry. Long road, definitely.
7.gif

Ok, I think this calls for a "project". I mean, what else can you do while laying around all this time....
27.gif

*pats head gently*

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh, that must be painful beyond words! I hope you are being given the appropriate meds to take at least some of the pain away.

More head pats for you, my dear lady.
35.gif

Fast healing dust too...****

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I hope you are starting to heal and feeling a wee bit better!!
35.gif

I think Ellen''s idea of a new project would be great!!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, girl, I feel for you.
I was thinking of you this morning and wondering how
the GIA classes were coming along? Obviously, you aren''t
in a position to study and concentrate.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ladies
35.gif

Methinks a new project is in order!!! I am feeling better. I have to say, getting the news after my scan hit me very hard. 6 fractures?? Even I was shocked. I knew it was more than 1 rib... But man, the results really had me sad.. Sad cause, I never ever would have gone on that boat. I have 3 hernaited disks in my neck. I am careful in all that I do, because of my neck... Now this. Oh well, I am healing, and have a sense of humor. I can''t have a belly laugh, as that hurts, but am laughing all the same....

You laugh or you cry. I choose to laugh!!!
9.gif

xx
Lisa

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/30/2009 12:37:00 AM
Thanks Ladies
35.gif

Methinks a new project is in order!!! I am feeling better. I have to say, getting the news after my scan hit me very hard. 6 fractures?? Even I was shocked. I knew it was more than 1 rib... But man, the results really had me sad.. Sad cause, I never ever would have gone on that boat. I have 3 hernaited disks in my neck. I am careful in all that I do, because of my neck... Now this. Oh well, I am healing, and have a sense of humor. I can''t have a belly laugh, as that hurts, but am laughing all the same....

9.gif

xx
Lisa
xoxoxo
emrose.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2009 12:37:00 AM
Thanks Ladies
35.gif

9.gif

xx
Lisa
walklikeanegyptian.gif

Ok, what are we going to get??
9.gif

And I''m so glad to hear things are a "bit" better!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry you are in so much pain, I hope you feel better sooner then later, from the other posters sounds like it will a while
7.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2009 8:41:44 PM
Author: diamondrnglover
Sorry you are in so much pain, I hope you feel better sooner then later, from the other posters sounds like it will a while
7.gif
Yeah it's a long road. I have good days and bad days. Today is a good day, so will end with that... But it's very painful, and with broken ribs in my back, you can't get comfortable any which way... I can't sleep sitting up either.. Oh it's soooo boring..
24.gif
20.gif
11.gif

But thanks!!!
35.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m just now seeing this but am sorry for your pain! You must have really taken a hard hit in that boat. Everyone I''ve ever known with a broken rib just says its very painful and you have six involved - WOW!

Just take it as easy as you can - thank goodness your kids are grown - can you imagine having to chase after little ones like that? ((((shudders))))!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2009 11:00:56 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
I'm just now seeing this but am sorry for your pain! You must have really taken a hard hit in that boat. Everyone I've ever known with a broken rib just says its very painful and you have six involved - WOW!

Just take it as easy as you can - thank goodness your kids are grown - can you imagine having to chase after little ones like that? ((((shudders))))!
Hey you!! How's it going??

Let me clarify. I have 6 fractures, but NOT 6 broken ribs. I have 3 ribs involved.. 3 fractures in front, 3 fractures in back. You have ribs in front and in back. The fractures on the back ribs are really a doozy.

Since this is a diamond forum, the way I fell on the side, I cleaved my ribs pretty darn well. Couldn't have hit them in a worse place. Like a diamond, when hit in the right spot... well you get the point.

MGR, I have to get DS off to college this week, and we have a ton to do... After that?? Empty nest baby!!!!
31.gif

Nah, I am going to miss him like crazy.
5.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/1/2009 12:22:14 AM

Date: 8/31/2009 11:00:56 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
I''m just now seeing this but am sorry for your pain! You must have really taken a hard hit in that boat. Everyone I''ve ever known with a broken rib just says its very painful and you have six involved - WOW!

Hey you!! How''s it going??

Let me clarify. I have 6 fractures, but NOT 6 broken ribs. I have 3 ribs involved.. 3 fractures in front, 3 fractures in back. You have ribs in front and in back. The fractures on the back ribs are really a doozy.

Since this is a diamond forum, the way I fell on the side, I cleaved my ribs pretty darn well. Couldn''t have hit them in a worse place. Like a diamond, when hit in the right spot... well you get the point.

MGR, I have to get DS off to college this week, and we have a ton to do... After that?? Empty nest baby!!!!
31.gif

Nah, I am going to miss him like crazy.
5.gif
Yes, but six fractures - wow! I''ve never had a broken rib but I can imagine your current predicament leaves you in alot of pain. I hope it gets a bit better every day.

That empty next stuff is agonizing at first but it''s amazing how quickly you adapt and enjoy. I thought I''d never get over my kids leaving home but hubby and I enjoy our lives together now. The kids come back here and there and we love having them but then they go back to their own homes! Once they left for college they never really came back home to live full time. Looking back it''s so strange how they are the focal point of your lives for so long and then they are off and running on their own. In retrospect, life moves really fast doesn''t it?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh~ I was just popping in to see how you are feeling. Hope you''ve learned a few tricks to ease the pain.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2009 12:36:12 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Kaleigh~ I was just popping in to see how you are feeling. Hope you've learned a few tricks to ease the pain.
THank you SS!! I can't lie, I am in a great deal of pain. The mornings are the worst. I wake up in agony. I over did it shopping for DS to pick out everything he needed for College. He lifted everything, but it was a lot of walking, and lots of different stores.

I am doing nothing for the next few days. I am praying that the pain will lessen. It's getting me down.. And that's just not me. But I get that pain can do this to someone.

My Doc is away moving his kid to College and will talk to him on Tuesday.

Those that know me, say 6 fractures is a lot, so hang in there.. It will get better. I know it will, but haven't had that better part yet...
20.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Just checking in to see how you are doing.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 2:07:09 AM
Author: bebe
Just checking in to see how you are doing.
Thanks bebe,
I wish I could say I am 100% better. I still wake up in a great deal of pain. It''s a searing pain in my back ribs, a very sore throbbing pain in my front ribs.

I just think over and over, that it could have been worse.

But would love some reassurance that it takes a long time, and that I will get better??? This has kind of broken my spirit. And am usually a very positive person.

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Kaleigh, I''m sorry. I know how awful it is to be in the middle of an injury or illness and feel like you''ll never be healthy again.

Healing will take a while, but I''m confident that you''ll eventually be better!

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Dear Kaleigh,

Still praying for you here.. How are you doing these days? I hope the pain''s fading, so it''s a little more bearable?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 3:50:47 AM
Author: onvacation
Dear Kaleigh,

Still praying for you here.. How are you doing these days? I hope the pain''s fading, so it''s a little more bearable?
Thanks onvaction and clio. I am plugging along. I think my front ribs are healed. No pain in front. But the fractures to my back ribs are still very painful.
39.gif

It sucks cause I can only sleep on my back, and that puts pressure on the fracured back ribs. I sooooo miss sleeping on my sides... And my neck is totally not loving the sleeping on the back thing. My neck gets relief from being to one side or the other. Have 3 herniated disks. So it''s been a lot of getting used to and not a lot of sleep.

My doc has been a saint. He has given me everything he can think of, most of it I can''t tolerate for one reason or other.. Nauseau, migraines etc... I am unlucky when it comes to pain relief.

But would like a good sleep aid... If I could sleep and not wake up with pain??? Oh that would be awesome.
12.gif

Sorry for going on .... I just am so over this!!!
11.gif
35.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so sorry, Lisa! I was going to ask about the vicodin that someone recommended, but you said that your doctor has tried a number of medications and that none of them has agreed with you. I am sure that he knows about vicodin! Maybe your new cake project will keep your mind off your pain ;-).

Major, virtual, painless hugs,
AGBF
34.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 12:28:44 AM

Dear Kaleigh,

Thanks onvaction and clio. I am plugging along. I think my front ribs are healed. No pain in front. But the fractures to my back ribs are still very painful.
39.gif

It sucks cause I can only sleep on my back, and that puts pressure on the fracured back ribs. I sooooo miss sleeping on my sides... And my neck is totally not loving the sleeping on the back thing. My neck gets relief from being to one side or the other. Have 3 herniated disks. So it''s been a lot of getting used to and not a lot of sleep.

My doc has been a saint. He has given me everything he can think of, most of it I can''t tolerate for one reason or other.. Nauseau, migraines etc... I am unlucky when it comes to pain relief.

But would like a good sleep aid... If I could sleep and not wake up with pain??? Oh that would be awesome.
12.gif

11.gif
35.gif
Oh gosh, I just feel for you. Did you ever get the big body pillow? Sorry, if I missed that ;-)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 10:38:49 PM

Date: 9/22/2009 12:28:44 AM

Dear Kaleigh,

Still praying for you here.. How are you doing these days? I hope the pain's fading, so it's a little more bearable?
39.gif

It sucks cause I can only sleep on my back, and that puts pressure on the fracured back ribs. I sooooo miss sleeping on my sides... And my neck is totally not loving the sleeping on the back thing. My neck gets relief from being to one side or the other. Have 3 herniated disks. So it's been a lot of getting used to and not a lot of sleep.

My doc has been a saint. He has given me everything he can think of, most of it I can't tolerate for one reason or other.. Nauseau, migraines etc... I am unlucky when it comes to pain relief.

12.gif

11.gif
35.gif
Oh gosh, I just feel for you. Did you ever get the big body pillow? Sorry, if I missed that ;-)
I am so much better!!! Now have to be very quiet, because I would hate to jinx anything.... The body pillow was my new best friend, but don't need it anymore. I am happy to say I can sleep on my side, oh happy happy joy joy. My neck only gets a break when I sleep on one side or the other. So was fighting the neck and the rib pain at the same time. The back ribs took forever to heal. They are almost healed now, thank god. It was a really trying time for me.
15.gif

I am one happy camper. Am off to go visit DS at College, a 4 hour drive... Hubby knows he has to be on his best driving behaviour because well, he's a bad driver on a good day...
11.gif

I am bringing a comfy pillow to rest my back on for the drive to and from. And my trusty heating pad, it gives me great relief. I sound like I am ancient. Oh well, it is what it is...

Thanks for asking bebe....
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay that makes me so HAPPY
9.gif
you are doing better, dear friend!!!! HUGE Gentle HUGS
36.gif
36.gif
Fantastic news
35.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
So glad to hear you''re feeling better!! Enjoy your trip to see your son!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Great! So glad you''re feeling better!! Hope the car ride doesn''t bring on any more pains.

Have a great visit!!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Great news, so glad you are on the mend. I just couldn''t imagine what you went through.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 8:51:32 PM
Great news, so glad you are on the mend. I just couldn''t imagine what you went through.
Thanks bebe and to all who have replied. My son just made the sailing team. I wlll watch him from dry land.....
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results