shape
carat
color
clarity

Briolette with Hole for earrings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there! I have a pair of approx 40 pointers each side 4 prongs solitaire earring (diamond) in 18k wg. I was thinking of purchasing a pair of sapphire, amethyst.... briolette with Hole to set it as a removable dangling extension. Will it be heavy? Do you think it will look good? Suggestions pls? photo references welcome:) Where can I find a pair of intense color Briolette with Hole? I am open to any gems.tks

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love the look of a briolette dangle. I have a couple and a briolette diamond earring is on my wishlist. There is a lovely pair of RH amethyst briolette dangles on pS (sorry, can''t remember the poster) and the owner also has a calchedony dangle.

The weight will depend on the size of the stone you want and what sized earring you usually wear. I say go for it!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
These belong to Fly Girl (i hope you don''t mind me posting them) and I"m in love with them. So I say go for Briloettes- to me they are very versatile.

SpessDrops7989FLYGIRL.jpg

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Tks Lady_disdain and sarahbear! pls keep the suggestion coming!! Btw which gem/ color do you think will go best with a 40 pointer diamond earring? I am leaning towards the long slender type of briolette. Want to keep it casual not too classy:)

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Do you mean something like this? Ignore the diamond part as i realize these aren't studs but we can pretend. Do you like the lenth of the briloettes?

Do you have any photos of your studs. I think that might help to visualize what you are looking for.

111qwnZSkAAAAAAGmnFQ.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Another option with a dangle to add lenth from a stud.

SarahB1images.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally think that all colors go with diamonds. What colors do you wear the most? Would you like a blue topaz color or do you wear darker colors and need the amyth. or Garnet colors?

Really the sky is the limit. Love Flygirl''s earrings.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Sarahbear and Stone Hunter.
1.gif
My amethyst briolettes and blue chalcedony drops are here. Link

I have recently been in contact with Steve at www.briolettes.com to get a white quartz rock crystal briolette pair for earring dangles. Take a look at all of the briolette eye candy on his site.
3.gif

Also, there are lots and lots of briolette earrings on etsy, although most of them are attached with twisted wire, which gives a more rustic handmade look to them.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/17/2009 10:33:50 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Thank you, Sarahbear and Stone Hunter.
1.gif
My amethyst briolettes and blue chalcedony drops are here. Link

I have recently been in contact with Steve at www.briolettes.com to get a white quartz rock crystal briolette pair for earring dangles. Take a look at all of the briolette eye candy on his site.
3.gif

Also, there are lots and lots of briolette earrings on etsy, although most of them are attached with twisted wire, which gives a more rustic handmade look to them.
Thanks Fly Girl! I had just contacted Steve yesterday, found his website from the old PS thread:) Tks Sarahbear and stonehunter, I am rushing out now, will get back to you asap:)

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/17/2009 5:56:59 PM
Author: Sarahbear621
Do you mean something like this? Ignore the diamond part as i realize these aren''t studs but we can pretend. Do you like the lenth of the briloettes?

Do you have any photos of your studs. I think that might help to visualize what you are looking for.

THANK YOU Sarahbear for the pict reference. After some thoughts I think that the finish product will look dressy for my casual lifestyle. I shall put this project on hold at this moment! Thanks again!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m very casual and I think Flygirl''s earrings look more casual. I''d push you in that direction when you''re ready. As a matter of fact I''m going to go back and view Flygirl''s photos again.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results