shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought it—dream of a diamond

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you both @Sprinkles&Stones and @ItsMainelyYou . You are very kind and very funny. I must admit the further down the path I get, the more difficult it is to wait, but I do try to occupy myself with very important things like whether and what name this new lovely should have! Any thoughts?

And also, CvB received the stone today and sent a video. EEEEEEP!!!!

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
HA! That is hilarious! And we both just have these darn IG videos we’re trying to scrutinize. Love it.

I haven’t worked with Caysie before, but I mentioned to her that it was reading your journey that made me especially want to reach out. I don’t have a lot experience with designing a ring like this, so knowing that she and her shop are not only amazing with craft, but that she is a careful listener and could get a sense of direction and go with with it, is really helpful. Also, she may have also used the word “delightful” about you.

Awww! You will not regret your choice! Aside from demonstrating THE finest craftsmanship I've seen in over 25 years (hands-down, no question), Caysie is a lovely, extraordinary human being. I'm glad you picked up on her attentiveness. She tunes in to details and seems to have a gift for capturing an emotional vibe as well. For me, this really sets her apart. There is something very personal about the process. You won't just see it, you'll feel it resonate in the finished piece.

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, that is so lovely to hear! Thank you @Dr_Diesel! And there is one more lovely puzzle piece that may fall into place, but I understand that we have to wait for the CAD and for it to inform discussions about sides stone proportions and such before it is certain, so yet another thing to wait for.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thank you both @Sprinkles&Stones and @ItsMainelyYou . You are very kind and very funny. I must admit the further down the path I get, the more difficult it is to wait, but I do try to occupy myself with very important things like whether and what name this new lovely should have! Any thoughts?

*rolls eyes* Liz Taylor, of course 8-):lol:

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock

A
Ah, that is so lovely to hear! Thank you @Dr_Diesel! And there is one more lovely puzzle piece that may fall into place, but I understand that we have to wait for the CAD and for it to inform discussions about sides stone proportions and such before it is certain, so yet another thing to wait for.

Waiting can be soooooo painful! But if I may, please do yourself and savor the process. The time, attention, love and care you invest in the creation of this piece (and the relationships that are growing around its genesis) WILL be with you for a life time. Enjoy the "birth ritual" that is taking place. And that stone!!!! I don't know what to say that is not already spoken in the video....except perhaps the confession of desperately wanting to see it in person one day. That is truly a once-in-5-lifetimes diamond! Exceited to see what it manifests and evolves into!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
A

Waiting can be soooooo painful! But if I may, please do yourself and savor the process. The time, attention, love and care you invest in the creation of this piece (and the relationships that are growing around its genesis) WILL be with you for a life time. Enjoy the "birth ritual" that is taking place. And that stone!!!! I don't know what to say that is not already spoken in the video....except perhaps the confession of desperately wanting to see it in person one day. That is truly a once-in-5-lifetimes diamond! Exceited to see what it manifests and evolves into!

I have resolved to remain philosophical about the waiting part (I am sure this will work :lol:, especially since I figure we’re between Halloween and Christmas before the ring will be done?). But I do plan to enjoy the process as much as I can, and it really does feel like something is manifesting itself, and I am just along for the ride.

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
I have resolved to remain philosophical about the waiting part (I am sure this will work :lol:, especially since I figure we’re between Halloween and Christmas before the ring will be done?). But I do plan to enjoy the process as much as I can, and it really does feel like something is manifesting itself, and I am just along for the ride.

Art has a life of its own. We are simply here to nurture it into being until it takes its first breath.

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Update before the long wait :mrgreen2:

While the real-life ring is still a long way off (the side diamonds are Cadillacs and they are being custom cut, with estimates that they will take at least 2 months), here are the renders I just got.

I’m pretty thrilled with how the proportions work, especially how the double claw doesn’t take away from the strong cut corner, and the sides stones provide a little extra side to side direction for the slightly rectangular (10.1x9.1mm) center stone without overwhelming it. Caysie says the cuffs won’t be as prominent IRL, but she has to provide enough metal for the finishing.

Just as a reminder here is a vid of the inspiration ring, which is much more vertical in its overall proportion with a AVC as the center stone. We also switched the shank to a tri wire, and added the cuffs as a transition to balance the ring overall.

Love to hear any thoughts or concerns that folks see!!

88E325C7-73E2-4B26-9D43-8A02C9D22731.jpeg

7FF08CE7-337F-406B-8763-E15C7FEAD996.jpeg

FDC5B31D-A12B-458B-A0B3-116727523B15.jpeg

515E1B17-7DA8-4FB7-A903-038F051F9116.jpeg

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I love the design. It looks sleek, polished and sophisticated. I hope that you don't take this as criticism, but to me the cuffs look out of place.
EmeraldCady.png
There's a beautiful angular progression from completely vertical in the emerald, to slightly angular from the cadillacs to almost horizontal with the graduated pave. Visually, it seems a bit off that the cuffs would then draw my gaze vertically again.

Sorry, I hope that my commentary was not out of place.

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
I love the design. It looks sleek, polished and sophisticated. I hope that you don't take this as criticism, but to me the cuffs look out of place.
EmeraldCady.png
There's a beautiful angular progression from completely vertical in the emerald, to slightly angular from the cadillacs to almost horizontal with the graduated pave. Visually, it seems a bit off that the cuffs would then draw my gaze vertically again.

Sorry, I hope that my commentary was not out of place.

Not at all out of place! I appreciate your thoughtful eye, and I see what you’re getting at. The cuffs do look very prominent from this angle. I’m going to be sure I understand from Caysie how much reduced the cuffs will be IRL, especially from this angle. She gave me an example of the difference from another ring, but that was from the opposite direction.

Thank you for that Molecule!

Last edited:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

While the real-life ring is still a long way off (the side diamonds are Cadillacs and they are being custom cut, with estimates that they will take at least 2 months), here are the renders I just got.

I’m pretty thrilled with how the proportions work, especially how the double claw doesn’t take away from the strong cut corner, and the sides stones provide a little extra side to side direction for the slightly rectangular (10.1x9.1mm) center stone without overwhelming it. Caysie says the cuffs won’t be as prominent IRL, but she has to provide enough metal for the finishing.

Just as a reminder here is a vid of the inspiration ring, which is much more vertical in its overall proportion with a AVC as the center stone. We also switched the shank to a tri wire, and added the cuffs as a transition to balance the ring overall.

OMG I die. This is going to be incredible. I cannot wait to see it. I am so envious of you and hope you keep this and love it forever!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
OMG I die. This is going to be incredible. I cannot wait to see it. I am so envious of you and hope you keep this and love it forever!

I really do agree. While I hate the extra time it will take, I didn’t hesitate about getting the side stones custom cut so the proportions wouldn’t be compromised. It might be Valentines Day before it’s on my hand, but I definitely plan on keeping this and loving it forever. :kiss2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to be gorgeous!!! 2+ months...you must have a lot of patience!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
This is going to be gorgeous!!! 2+ months...you must have a lot of patience!

I’ve been searching for this diamond/ring for a year already, so it’s taken on an air of coming only when its ready to come. :D Hopefully it won’t be too painful of wait as it all becomes more real!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t believe I missed this!!! I was looking for your bezel bracelet thread and found this! Your diamond is fantastic! One of the best ever! Wow! I have a baby sister to it which I love, but this one is amazing!!!

Caysie is a great choice for the setting! Cadillac sides will be beautiful! Patience pays off! I have had custom cut stones before and I just didn’t care how long it took! I can’t wait to see this ring!

s

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
@ksluice What a gorgeous stone! I am super excited to see your finished ring, it looks like it will be beautiful!!! I have had a ring that has been in the works with Caysie for over a year and am getting super antsy to have her on my hand, fingers crossed it will be soon ;-).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ksluice What a gorgeous stone! I am super excited to see your finished ring, it looks like it will be beautiful!!! I have had a ring that has been in the works with Caysie for over a year and am getting super antsy to have her on my hand, fingers crossed it will be soon ;-).

All I can say is, if it's half as beautiful as the one in your profile pic, it'll be worth waiting for!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Oh. Em. Gee.
I don’t know how I missed this thread, but your stone is beyond dreamy, @ksluice ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
You’re in great hands with Caysie and I can’t wait to see your completed ring!

AS74

Rough_Rock
looks great!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Mind. Blown. That is one incredible, amazing, stunning diamond. I’m so bookmarking this thread so I can see the finished ring!!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
I can’t believe I missed this!!! I was looking for your bezel bracelet thread and found this! Your diamond is fantastic! One of the best ever! Wow! I have a baby sister to it which I love, but this one is amazing!!!

Caysie is a great choice for the setting! Cadillac sides will be beautiful! Patience pays off! I have had custom cut stones before and I just didn’t care how long it took! I can’t wait to see this ring!

s

Well, you didn’t miss it because now you found it! I am so grateful for your thoughts and guidance along the way, even if you didn’t know it was being applied to this stone ;)2

At first I thought french cut sides might be the thing, but even Yoram argued for a step cut, so clearly better minds!

sweet..
jesus..
MOTHER OF EVERYTHING CHOCOLATE...god of sparklies give me strength!!!!!

:lol-2: All this time I never realized Mother of Everything Chocolate and God of Sparklies were an option—I should have been counted among the converted long ago!

Thank you StepcutNut! I must admit to sleuthing through your threads looking for hints about the project you’re waiting for! Your avatar ring was actual my motivation for asking for a tri-wire shank with more of a cathedral style gap between the arrow and the continued shank. :kiss2:

Oh. Em. Gee.
I don’t know how I missed this thread, but your stone is beyond dreamy, @ksluice ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
You’re in great hands with Caysie and I can’t wait to see your completed ring!

EEEP! Thank you and me too Maita13! Thank goodness for this place, otherwise I never would have known about Caysie or Alex—and even if I had, I wouldn’t have had reason to trust them. That is all owing to PS and folks like you!

WOW, please excuse me as I pick up my jaw off the floor. That's one HECK of a diamond! :kiss2: Congratulations!!
HAHA. That is precisely how I felt when I first saw it too. It’s got something magic about it.

looks great!

Thank you! :love:
Mind. Blown. That is one incredible, amazing, stunning diamond. I’m so bookmarking this thread so I can see the finished ring!!
Hehehe. It definitely blew my circuitry. Thank you and hopefully the wait won’t be quite as long as I thought it would be. Fingers crossed!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
@ksluice i *THINK* I just saw this beauty on CvB's instagram!!!

When are you gonna get it?!!?

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, incredibly beautiful diamond and ring.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
FWIW I love the cuffs. Are they sometimes called rondelles? Absolutely love them, they add balance and the ring won't spin.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your diamond is OUT OF THIS WORLD beautiful. Oh my goodness. What a find!! :appl:

I haven't been on RT much lately. I'm so glad I opened this thread because I can't believe what I might have missed had I not!!

And your setting choice...
I think I just melted.
This is... I don't even have words...
:eek-2::love:

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results