shape
carat
color
clarity

Bored.....tell me something random....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
you WILL see me on wheel of fortune one day.....i''m obsessed and really good...although once i get on the show i''ll probably blow it...lol

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 12:29:54 AM
Author: yssie
Date: 1/4/2010 11:35:28 PM

Author: packrat

I ordered goat''s milk soap and lotion. My bff thinks I''m a gomer.

I finally got a pair of snow boots. Took me 3 winters of browsing and reading on the internet to decide. Took me 2 winters to find a coat. My husband tells me I''m nothing if not thorough.

I really, really want a pair of plastic wellingtons!!

Some really outrageous pattern, too - multi-coloured polka dots, or frogs, or something
10.gif

Me too! I don''t want to wear snow boots to keep my feet dry when it''s just raining, and rainboots look so cute! That''s a nice thing about the Midwest-you NEED to have a variety of footwear!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sunday (the 3rd) we were closest to the Sun for the year.

Daydreamer7130

Shiny_Rock
A decapitated head remains conscious for 15 to 20 seconds afterwards
23.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
my lower back hurts when I cough or sneeze right now

Spanish linguistic history is fascinating
34.gif

I realized last night that my multi vitamin gives me 100% of my B12 needs a day, but I was still taking a B12 supplement
23.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 5:59:15 AM
Author: kelley1975
MC I think it needs to be ground up ans smoked....
Nice. Can you guess which aisle of the grocery store I''ll be hitting today? After that post was made, I did google and found that Nutmeg is indead leathal in large quantities. Also, the "hallucinations," are more like dizziness and feeling like crap for a period of time, then maybe something psychedalic happens (?), and after the person sleeps for a long time. I only checked a few sites. Maybe there has been varying expriences. Nothing was said about smoking it. Just ingesting.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My random for the day: BABY GUPPIES. WHY is it that guppies are famous for having 20-50 babies at a time, yet mine do not seem to being living up to their reputation? I brought home a lightly pregnant one who wasn''t suppose to ready, yet two days later, I found two babies in the tank. One clearly wasn''t going to make it and then about a week later the other mysteriously disappeared. My son is highly distressed that his tank isn''t yet filled with little ones.

I had a dream last night that we had a whole bunch of babies, so today I''m on a quest to find a healthy plump pregnant female ready to birth out a brood of little fry.

Oh, and guppies are also known to eat their own young. lol Sooo, good as population control or bad as in, they''ll eat them all and we''ll be left with none to entertain us.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 10:34:28 AM
Author: dragonfly411
my lower back hurts when I cough or sneeze right now

Spanish linguistic history is fascinating
34.gif

I realized last night that my multi vitamin gives me 100% of my B12 needs a day, but I was still taking a B12 supplement
23.gif
I''m no expert, but I don''t think this is harmful (am I wrong?)

I really want a chocolate & peanut butter smoothie right now
18.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
here are my random contributions for the day, maybe tomorrow I''ll be more intersting...

I''m so tired, the inside of my eyelids feel like glass...

3 mini twix have 170 calories (but taste sooooo good!)

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
MC~ Do you have a safe place for the frye? When I was raising guppies, I had a floating grassy thing where they could hide. Then I''d fish them out in 2-3 days and separate them.

Random thought for the day: Little Critter is one of the best written series of books for children.

Also, there is a lake in Mass with the longest name. Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg comes in at 45 letters.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 2:24:48 PM
Author: somethingshiny
MC~ Do you have a safe place for the frye? When I was raising guppies, I had a floating grassy thing where they could hide. Then I'd fish them out in 2-3 days and separate them.
Somethingshiny - still haven't left to get the female guppy! lol There are live plants in the tank, but not enough for significant shelter. I was hoping the female would drop enough fry that a few would make it. It was unexpected that she had those two babies shortly after being put into the tank. My guess is it was stress related. I'm good about acclimating my fish to their tanks, but still she must have freaked for some reason. (I'm wondering if she had more and I accidently syphoned them out!)

I don't have a seperate tank to raise the young ones. The problem I'm encountering is the majority of guppies seem to be sickly (had to euthanize 5+ since July!). None of the local pet stores have reliable stock and because of this, I don't want to transfer any of the fry to a new tank and possibly contaminate all the equipment. Also, I have five betta, each in their own tank - and my husband has lost his patience with this hobby (so I'd have to wait until one of the betta pass on and then turn that into a pre-cycled tank for guppies. At least then I wouldn't be investing more money in a tank that may become contaminated).

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
MC~ The first few fry I had, I left in the tank in the floaty thing. Maybe 10-15 survived but they were healthy and big. As long as they have good shelter, some will survive even with the big fish. Also, when feeding your fry, make sure that you''re crushing up the food pretty small. Mine did best with the water at around 75*

When I had a separate fry tank, it was bare. The tiny food can get lost in the real plants and the real plants make for lots more cleanings. Are you planning on selling them to the pet store??

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 12:00:19 PM
Author: NYCsparkle
you WILL see me on wheel of fortune one day.....i''m obsessed and really good...although once i get on the show i''ll probably blow it...lol

lol. ME too! I thought I was the only person under 60 who watches this show regularly!! DH always tells me to go on but I think I''d totally clam up! We should start a WHEEL thread and solve the puzzles while watching it!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 2:54:42 PM
MC~ The first few fry I had, I left in the tank in the floaty thing. Maybe 10-15 survived but they were healthy and big. As long as they have good shelter, some will survive even with the big fish. Also, when feeding your fry, make sure that you''re crushing up the food pretty small. Mine did best with the water at around 75*

When I had a separate fry tank, it was bare. The tiny food can get lost in the real plants and the real plants make for lots more cleanings. Are you planning on selling them to the pet store??
Okay, thanks.

I just raced to the pet store so I can have the fish all ready in the tank before my son gets home. I decided to buy three instead of one and add medicated dewormer (
14.gif
)
to make sure they''re healthy (that way if one doesn''t make it, there''s still more activity in the tank to keep my son happy). Picked out one preg female (tummy is nicely rounded - not quite boxy yet), one small 1" male, and a tiny 1/2" mystery gender. They''re floating around in their bag right now
1.gif

Not sure what we''re doing with the fry. The fish store I shop already said they''d take any fry I have, but won''t pay me. I did find a CL ad selling babies for a small price (the person was only charging $1.00 to avoid buyers using the babies as feeder fish). My son wants to give them away as birthday gifts
1.gif

What did you do with all the babies you had?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
MC~ I was a kid, so I gave them all away. Every kid in a 10 block radius had guppies!! My brother liked to steal my fry and feed them to his angel fish too. So I fed his angel fish to my big guppies.
17.gif
When I was done, I just removed the males and had them in a separate tank so I didn''t get any more babies. They eventually went to toilet bowl heaven.

Speaking of toilet bowl heaven (or TBH) my son lost one of his fish yesterday morning. He''s had gold fish for nearly a year--he got them for his 3rd birthday. We lost one several months ago and replaced him. He too went to TBH. Then yesterday another one died. So, we had a service at the toilet and flushed him. JT apologized to the fish while flushing. Now, JT keeps checking on the one remaining fish every hour throughout the day. He says next time we should get fish that "last longer."

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 4:46:51 PM
MC~ I was a kid, so I gave them all away. Every kid in a 10 block radius had guppies!! My brother liked to steal my fry and feed them to his angel fish too. So I fed his angel fish to my big guppies.
17.gif
When I was done, I just removed the males and had them in a separate tank so I didn't get any more babies. They eventually went to toilet bowl heaven.

Speaking of toilet bowl heaven (or TBH) my son lost one of his fish yesterday morning. He's had gold fish for nearly a year--he got them for his 3rd birthday. We lost one several months ago and replaced him. He too went to TBH. Then yesterday another one died. So, we had a service at the toilet and flushed him. JT apologized to the fish while flushing. Now, JT keeps checking on the one remaining fish every hour throughout the day. He says next time we should get fish that 'last longer.'
Sorry about your son's gold fish. That sucks.
7.gif
What size tank do you have?

Every guppy that's begun showing signs of illness, I've had to "put to sleep." The first two times I did that I cried (lol!) and then buried the fish out in the yard. After those two, I quit telling my son and quit burying them. I've tried finding duplicates for the ones we've lost, but never have. My son doesn't question why the fish keeping changing size and color. All he cares about is them having babies.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
My son had his two top teeth pulled yesterday. He looks very thilly
9.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
MC~ We have a 1.5 gallon bowl right now. There''s a 10 gal in the basement, but I''m afraid to get it out until JT''s older. The fish are in his room and I want to be sure that he''s not going to knock down the big tank and get hurt. Yes, I realize they weight a whole lot, but my kid is capable of unimaginable things!

My nephew knocked over JT''s fish bowl at Easter. We didn''t know for over an hour. I went into JT''s room and saw the bowl empty. I pulled the dresser away from the wall and all 3 fish were still flopping on the carpet. We put them back in water immediately. They all lived (at least for a couple months) and we called it the Resurrection.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 6:22:04 PM
MC~ We have a 1.5 gallon bowl right now. There's a 10 gal in the basement, but I'm afraid to get it out until JT's older. The fish are in his room and I want to be sure that he's not going to knock down the big tank and get hurt. Yes, I realize they weight a whole lot, but my kid is capable of unimaginable things!

My nephew knocked over JT's fish bowl at Easter. We didn't know for over an hour. I went into JT's room and saw the bowl empty. I pulled the dresser away from the wall and all 3 fish were still flopping on the carpet. We put them back in water immediately. They all lived (at least for a couple months) and we called it the Resurrection.
hahaha That's funny about "the Resurrection." My friend had the opposit, where the goldfish jumped out of the bowl and flopped into her brother's sock drawer. They found it later all dried up. lol

Oh, and yes, 10 gallons is a lot. With all the gravel & decor aren't they 100+ pounds? I wanted to get a 10-gallon for my son's room/guppy tank, but was worried he would tip it over, so instead it's a 5 gallon. Right now, with the new guppies it has 7 fish (6 guppies and a cory). It's so overstocked (the guppy forum definetly would not approve). hahaha One of my little female bettas is in a 10-gallon by herself and she's only about 1" long and we have to hunt to find her.
1.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 5:38:56 PM
Author: iluvcarats
My son had his two top teeth pulled yesterday. He looks very thilly
9.gif

Hehe it''s so cute when kids are missing the top 2 teeth!

My brother and his girlfriend are getting engaged when she comes back from Afghanistan this next December. I''m trying to figure out how to steer them here for help!

Lestat

Shiny_Rock
Benjamin Franklin invented the bifocal lens. Many optical labs still manufacture a more modern version of this, called the "executive bifocal".

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2010 7:47:38 AM
Author: Lestat
Benjamin Franklin invented the bifocal lens. Many optical labs still manufacture a more modern version of this, called the ''executive bifocal''.

This is correct. It is also the least used bifocal although it is the easiest to use. It provides the most reading area because the bifocal lens is nearly half of the overall area. A standard lined bifocal only allows for between 20-28 mm. A progressive lens offers even less reading area although it incorporates and intermediate area and looks pretty.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Trying to decide if I want to buy the BMW 328i for myself and give my Nissan maxima to my DD instead of buying her my DH''s fleet vehicle.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 9:55:33 AM
Author: Daydreamer7130
A decapitated head remains conscious for 15 to 20 seconds afterwards
23.gif
OMG! I just laughed out loud for some reason... Granted, it was a horrified laugh
9.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I love Hoops and Yoyo.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I just sneezed and got coffee everywhere! I mean everywhere.. Computer screen, my shirt, my legs... EEk!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lestat, I love your name and your avatar. I was a huge fan of Ann Rice years ago. I met and spoke to her quite a few times at book signings.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m reducing my caloric intake via the reduction of consumption of beer!

Lestat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/7/2010 12:01:38 PM
Author: gemgirl
Lestat, I love your name and your avatar. I was a huge fan of Ann Rice years ago. I met and spoke to her quite a few times at book signings.

Thanks gemgirl! I''ve read most of her books, and I''m just finishing the last couple I haven''t read at the moment! Great boooks!
9.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
OK, here''s my "something randon". I''m in the Dominican Republic and it''s absolute bliss.

Turquoise sea, white sand, swaying palm trees, the whole works - Bliss!

Sorry, can''t stop, there''s a rum and coke with my name on it in the bar!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results