shape
carat
color
clarity

Bored.....tell me something random....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 5:53:49 AM
Author: kelley1975
Nutmeg, supposedly, is also a potent hallucinogenic.

I am selling my house and have to be out in 18 days! We haven''t packed anything yet! We don''t know where we are moving! Woo Hoo!
How does one take it to hallucinate?

Hallucinating sounds like a great way to spend the day.

Oh, and my holiday decorations have been scattered around my living room floor since Friday night. Today I plan to finally pack them up.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 5:42:17 AM
One of my favorite shows is Jeopardy.

BF and I Tivo all the Jeopardy episodes and play against each other
3.gif
I kick butt in literature, mythology, science and European royalty categories. One time there was a gemstone category and I thought BF was going to pass out. hehe

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For Bebe: Youtube has an excellent video on how to fold a fitted bed sheet. I finally learned how to do that recently. I taught all my kids.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I HATE holiday decorating. When my kids have all moved out, I won''t do it anymore!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 2:31:11 PM
Author: luv2sparkle
For Bebe: Youtube has an excellent video on how to fold a fitted bed sheet. I finally learned how to do that recently. I taught all my kids.
My husband ROCKS at folding fitted sheets. His grandma taught him. I, on the other hand, am terrible at it. I am off to watch the video!

This is the kind of random information and learnings that keep me at PS!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*hint* sheet folding is all about putting all four corners together.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 11:50:19 AM
Author: HopeDream
I study Pill bugs (Armadillidium vulgare, woodlice, roly-polys, sow bugs, etc).

Pill bugs are crustaceans and have 14 legs (I think of them as land shrimp).

They live up to 3 years, give birth to live young, and grow continuously throughout their lives.

They eat mostly dead and decaying matter, and instead of urinating, they give off pure ammonia gas - like a car.

They are gentle and do not bite.

Additionally, when frightened, pill bugs are nearly the exact shape and size as BBs and can be substituted in BB guns.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
A useless fact, (I am a plethora of useless knowledge, all those years in Scholastic Bowl...)

A tongue print is as unique as a fingerprint.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 5:46:49 AM
Author: DandiAndi
Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.

You learn something new every day!
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 5:21:26 PM
Author: somethingshiny
A useless fact, (I am a plethora of useless knowledge, all those years in Scholastic Bowl...)

A tongue print is as unique as a fingerprint.
that is so cool!!! I bet you would be good at pub trivia!
9.gif

luv, I don't like holiday decorating either; I do enjoy looking at other peoples trees, etc!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 11:13:38 AM
Author: April20
I spent all day Saturday in the spa at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC. I 100% recommend it. If you''re going to be in the area, go! But you have to book in advance.....

We were just in Asheville too (right after Christmas)! I didn''t make it to the spa but we did have dinner at the Deer Park restaurant (on the Biltmore property). Great place!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Another interesting fact, A woman invented Kevlar (used for bullet proof vests) in 1965.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
random nothings from me

I love almond extract in just about anything it seems

I found out last night that companies have to put an expiration date that is 3 months ahead of the TRUE expiration date

horses + blankets + static = hyperactivity of horses

I may not drink soymilk anymore after watching Food, Inc. and seeing how soy bean farmers are being treated.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm. Didn''t see the soy thing.. But speaking of soy, it really ticks me off when I go into Starbucks at 7 am and they tell me they are out of soy! Don''t they come in the morning
and make sure they are stocked up on creamer and soy?That has happened to me at 3 different Starbucks in the last month...

jas

Brilliant_Rock
I realized today that my deodorant expired last month, which I know now means it''ll expire in two months.

I have spent all day laughing about the exact MOMENT someone''s deodorant expires. Stink lines abound.

And, as a bonus...my iPod has things on it that I would never admit to anyone in person.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
in midevil times it was thought that ingesting diamond dust would cure any illness.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ordered goat''s milk soap and lotion. My bff thinks I''m a gomer.

I finally got a pair of snow boots. Took me 3 winters of browsing and reading on the internet to decide. Took me 2 winters to find a coat. My husband tells me I''m nothing if not thorough.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/4/2010 11:35:28 PM
Author: packrat
I ordered goat''s milk soap and lotion. My bff thinks I''m a gomer.

I finally got a pair of snow boots. Took me 3 winters of browsing and reading on the internet to decide. Took me 2 winters to find a coat. My husband tells me I''m nothing if not thorough.
I really, really want a pair of plastic wellingtons!!

Some really outrageous pattern, too - multi-coloured polka dots, or frogs, or something
10.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 12:21:05 PM
Author: fiery
Date: 1/4/2010 11:12:29 AM

Author: April20

Date: 1/4/2010 10:59:32 AM

Author: fiery

The Toyota Prius has a bigger carbon footprint than the Hummer.
No way! Really???

Yup

My father''s students (He''s a HS auto tech instructor at a joint vocational school) researched this very topic. In addition to a carbon footprint, the Prius (and most cars) are less environmentally friendly than Hummers because of the chemical fumes/gasses that come from plastic in most models. You know... that "new car" smell? It''s not exactly a good thing! Nor are the processes used to make the plastic. Or the disposal of the plastic. Hummers use less plastic than most vehicles (so say Ohio high schoolers
3.gif
)

reader

Brilliant_Rock
My best friend writes awesome music.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
It''s snowing again. I find the fact that no two snowflakes are exactly alike utterly fascinating.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Can men marry iPhones too because that just sounds yummy, y''all.
17.gif

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 11:12:24 AM
Author: janinegirly
kelly: you seem to be bored alot (hehe).

my random thought is this is my first day back at work after 10 days off and I have NO desire to do one thing. I have a pile of stuff but can''t get motivated to even look at it! Help!
Janinegirly: Yeah, I guess I am! I am a night owl due to years of working night shifts, and it is hard to find someone to chat with late at night !

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
MC I think it needs to be ground up ans smoked....

And yes, men can indeed marry thier iPhone...Love has no colors, sex, or computer operating system:)

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got the same rental car twice in a row. What are the odds of that happening?

If the lock on your car door is frozen, you can put hand sanitizer (with 60% alcohol) on the key - it works just like de-icer.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Random......

I dislocated a rib twelve days ago from an after flu cough that''s taking it time going away. I''m having my rib reset for the third time today. I hope the damned thing sticks this time because it hurts like hell!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 5:59:33 AM
I love my iPhone...I would marry it if i wasn''t already married to my hubby:)
I could...I could marry my iPhone?? Oh man...I''m the happiest lady alive!!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 8:25:41 AM
Author: Porridge

Date: 1/4/2010 5:59:33 AM
I love my iPhone...I would marry it if i wasn''t already married to my hubby:)
I could...I could marry my iPhone?? Oh man...I''m the happiest lady alive!!
There''s an app for that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results