shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD K SI1 in a rose gold bezel pendant with beaded chain

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!! Neck shots??
31.gif

How does the culet sit, since there is no back?

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/20/2009 12:08:57 PM
Author: Lurchie
Thank you so much for the lovely compliments. You are all right - I cannot wait to get this thing on my neck! Miss Dayna, why have we not seen more pictures (other than your av) of your beautiful pendant? Huh, huh?

The design came from a couple of places. I''m pretty tall and broad-shouldered so delicate chains tend to get lost on me. I got the idea of the beaded chain from a friend of mine who I''m trying to recruit to PS (C, if you''re reading this, thanks!). She has one in yellow gold and I like how the beads have just a touch more presence than a chain. Lesley very wisely suggested keeping the beads as small as possible so as not to overwhelm the diamond. I think the width of the chain is 1.2 mm.

And if it hasn''t been obvious from my last 5-10 posts, I am totally in love with rose gold. It looks purty on me.
9.gif

Neck shots hopefully tomorrow.

I know I know, I really should''ve made a thread by now - I''ve been hoping for some good weather to take some daylight shots (as most of the lights in my house seem to make everything look yellow-y
8.gif
) but unfortunately sunny days are scarce in Scotland at the best of times! hopefully will be able to get some good photos this weekend, fingers crossed
9.gif

Dayna

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummy!!! it turned out gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. You don''t see much rose gold around so it''s refreshing to see.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow that is beautiful. I LOVE the chain you chose!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lurchie it is awesome! I can''t wait to see it. I have a K, as you know, and you will be totally impressed by the color (or lack
2.gif
). Especially in a pendant, it is a great color choice.

Is this to celebrate something special or is it a "just because I deserve it" present? Because you do deserve it I suspect
9.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful necklance!

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to all who are still chiming in, this enthusiasm is just awesome!

So I picked it up today and I couldn't love it more! It is exactly what I was hoping for. The warmth is definitely noticeable...except when it's on my neck. Although I haven't seen any other K's IRL, I suspect that the rose gold does enhance the warmth a little. But like I said, when it's on, it's white and sparkly and perfect!

Icekid - I don't feel the culet at all. I noticed it once when the diamond was sitting almost horizontally in the clavicle hole (can we come up with a better name for that spot?), but it never stays there and it wasn't uncomfortable.

Miss Dayna - I hear ya. I've spent hours taking photos, only to come up with 3 semi-acceptable pics. But please don't forget about us!
Dreamer -
35.gif
Sadly, I am not celebrating anything special, just finally decided to bite the bullet on something I've wanted for a while now. (Nice try though, my dear friend.
2.gif
)

On to the photos. The first one is blurry but gives an idea of the color and size.

Lurchie blurry neck shot.jpg

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
I am not gonna be a skin model any time soon!

Moley neck shot.jpg

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Next to my .77 E-color ering. (The .468 round is barely smaller!)

Lurchie ering and pendant.jpg

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
I''m including this one to show how the color of the rose gold is reflected in both diamonds, even the E. Ignore cat hairs.

Lurchie pendant and ering in jewelry box.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your pendant and the rose gold is just beautiful. It looks gorgeous on your neck too.

CaliSun

Shiny_Rock
Ohmygosh!!! SO beautiful!!!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, It''s beautiful on your neck. It''s so delicate. That beaded chain and the color is amazing. I''m getting bezel envy.
41.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely piece! Congratulations, it''s great that you were able to do something nice just for you
9.gif
A ''happy'' for you, as my DH says! Hope it give you
joy as you see it every day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it looks so perfect on you; I love the rose gold, gorgeous size too!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So perfect...*sigh*

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

It''s dainty and delicate and I LOVE the simple design. The diamond looks perfect in that bezel setting.

Can I ask if you decided to go with 14k or 18k rose gold? The colour is a lovely rich pinkish-peach on my monitor, I''m wondering if that''s accurate IRL.

I''ve been contemplating a dbty bracelet in rose gold with K/L/Ms one of these days, these pics have pushed me into "must get one" mode
5.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
That is so cool! I love it!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well it looks gorgeous on your, I love the rose gold. And you *do* deserve it, not matter what!
9.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what an amazing necklace!!!!!!!!!!

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 6:02:20 PM
Author: yssie
That is just SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

It''s dainty and delicate and I LOVE the simple design. The diamond looks perfect in that bezel setting.

Can I ask if you decided to go with 14k or 18k rose gold? The colour is a lovely rich pinkish-peach on my monitor, I''m wondering if that''s accurate IRL.

I''ve been contemplating a dbty bracelet in rose gold with K/L/Ms one of these days, these pics have pushed me into ''must get one'' mode
5.gif
Thank you! It is 14k. (Is 14k pinker than 18k because there is less gold?) The color is pretty true to what I see on my computer screen. It''s a very warm pink. I think a DBTY anything in RG would be absolutely divine! Hm, that makes me wonder if I doubled the chain if I could wear it around my wrist. I hate not being able to look at it all the time!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
It looks great on your neck! You could barely see the warmth unless it''s right next to your e-ring! That pink gold sure is yummy!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 5:53:57 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
So perfect...*sigh*

Ditto-it is perfect! I love it!

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
Love it.....perfect for every day....wear it in good health....can''t wait to see the matching earrings...hee,,hee..hee!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
holy crap thats so pretty

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! So glad to see more pics of it!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful and looks fab on you.

But I''m wondering does it flip at all? (am thinking of changing my bezel to yours).

tlh

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!
36.gif

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/23/2009 9:00:40 AM
Author: elle_chris
It''s beautiful and looks fab on you.

But I''m wondering does it flip at all? (am thinking of changing my bezel to yours).
Fanks! It really doesn''t flip during general wear. Sometimes when I''m repositioning it (it tends to migrate up) it''ll flip temporarily, but it always rights itself.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results