shape
carat
color
clarity

Best place to sell a Beverly K colored stone ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone ever done this? I''d rather not do eBay or Craigslist, but would appreciate anyone''s input.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
DiamondBistro? Perhaps Bonanzle?

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You''re not selling your BK pink tourmaline ring???
6.gif
If then, the best place to sell it? ME!!! (Seriously
23.gif
)

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Freke, I''ve heard of one of DB, but not the other - I''ll look them up.

Date: 8/9/2009 1:40:58 PM
Author: Babyblue033
You''re not selling your BK pink tourmaline ring???
6.gif
If then, the best place to sell it? ME!!! (Seriously
23.gif
)
Um, actually yes. I''ve only worn it once or twice, and although I love the craftsmanship (frankly, none of my other rings can compare), I''ve come to realize that I like wearing larger stones. That tourmaline is only 6.5mm, I think - maybe a tad bigger, but not over 7mm. I need to get my digital calipers out....

I''ll be honest Babyblue - I''d feel funny selling it to a PSer because I got such a great deal on that ring, and I was hoping to sell it for a little more. Do you think that''s crazy stupid?

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No, not stupid at all. I would probably try to do the same if I got it at such a great bargain
2.gif
I hear you about the size thing, it seems I''ve become bit of a size whore and am not quite satisfied with smaller stones
14.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 1:54:35 PM
No, not stupid at all. I would probably try to do the same if I got it at such a great bargain
2.gif
I hear you about the size thing, it seems I''ve become bit of a size whore and am not quite satisfied with smaller stones
14.gif
DITTO!!!!!!!!6mm is about as small as I''ll go, and that''s only for stones that are special in some other way. This is one of the reasons I''ve been trying like crazy to sell all of my stones that are smaller than that.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
2.gif
14.gif
High-five on that one! You probably wouldn''t get much use out of my BK either. Hey, you haven''t tried selling any jewelry, have you?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have. I''ve had some luck with loose stones, but not so much with jewelry. But I''m also not selling any "good" stuff...

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 2:03:38 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I have. I''ve had some luck with loose stones, but not so much with jewelry. But I''m also not selling any ''good'' stuff...
You know, I thought I might have seen one of your stones, but I wasn''t sure - I''m such a bad sleuth. Yeah, I wonder if people are more hesitant to get big ticket items that way.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/9/2009 1:58:06 PM

2.gif
14.gif
DITTO!!!!!!!!6mm is about as small as I''ll go, and that''s only for stones that are special in some other way. This is one of the reasons I''ve been trying like crazy to sell all of my stones that are smaller than that.
I totally agree. Size matters!
9.gif

I''m sure the longer you collect the bigger size gemstone you need!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 2:08:25 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

Date: 8/9/2009 1:58:06 PM

2.gif
14.gif
I totally agree. Size matters!
9.gif

I''m sure the longer you collect the bigger size gemstone you need!
Sigh, I''m up to 8mm. The only problem with bigger stones is that they''re deeper, and I like rings to sit low.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 2:07:10 PM
Author: cellentani
I have. I''ve had some luck with loose stones, but not so much with jewelry. But I''m also not selling any ''good'' stuff...
You know, I thought I might have seen one of your stones, but I wasn''t sure - I''m such a bad sleuth. Yeah, I wonder if people are more hesitant to get big ticket items that way.
You probably have. For a while there, I had a lot up there, but now...not so much. It seems as though a lot of people sell bigger ticket items on DiamondBistro, but I think they are very cautious about who they sell to, usually preferring to sell to BTD posters. I bought something recently on a payment plan with DB, and I think the only reason she let me do that (since I''m not on BTD) is because of my longevity and amount of posts over here on PS.

I have things listed on multiple sites, I figure the more exposure, the better!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 2:15:11 PM

Date: 8/9/2009 2:07:10 PM
Author: cellentani

You probably have. For a while there, I had a lot up there, but now...not so much. It seems as though a lot of people sell bigger ticket items on DiamondBistro, but I think they are very cautious about who they sell to, usually preferring to sell to BTD posters. I bought something recently on a payment plan with DB, and I think the only reason she let me do that (since I''m not on BTD) is because of my longevity and amount of posts over here on PS.

What''s BTD?
33.gif
Are you allowed to say?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I am, because it''s another jewelry forum. If you look at DiamondBistro, you should be able to find it because BTD is a major sponsor of DB.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again, Freke - going to check!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, I only know of DB.

You ladies don''t have to tell me about CSSS (coloured stone shrinkage syndrome). My minimum size requirement is now 7 mm. It used to be 6 mm.
emembarrassed.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
how abt pearlmans? they sell bevk new, and have many fans who check their great deals section religiously!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

I wonder why where the potential buyer posts is that big of a deal? I''ve seen a few items I''ve considered bidding on. . .(and I recognize many of the people and/or jewelry pieces that are up there).

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 4:30:15 PM
Author: TanDogMom
how abt pearlmans? they sell bevk new, and have many fans who check their great deals section religiously!!
Thanks for the suggestion - I hadn''t thought about them before. It looks like they take a 25% commission though.
23.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 4:34:18 PM
Author: MC

You probably have. For a while there, I had a lot up there, but now...not so much. It seems as though a lot of people sell bigger ticket items on DiamondBistro, but I think they are very cautious about who they sell to, usually preferring to sell to BTD posters. I bought something recently on a payment plan with DB, and I think the only reason she let me do that (since I'm not on BTD) is because of my longevity and amount of posts over here on PS.

I wonder why where the potential buyer posts is that big of a deal? I've seen a few items I've considered bidding on. . .(and I recognize many of the people and/or jewelry pieces that are up there).

I don't think that its so much of 'where' one posts rather than the fact that someone is posting somewhere...I think it makes the person in question seem more 'real' and credible, people you have another avenue of contacting them and people you can kind of get a sense of what they like.

Diamondbistro is good, but definitely stay careful of who you sell to. I've sold (a strand of pearls) and bought (a stickpin) through DB, and great experiences both times, but I think that Gypsy encountered a very 'hostile' seller recently, so I would be careful and scope out your buyers since its a big ticket sale.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 4:34:18 PM
Author: MC

I wonder why where the potential buyer posts is that big of a deal? I''ve seen a few items I''ve considered bidding on. . .(and I recognize many of the people and/or jewelry pieces that are up there).
I''m guessing it''s a trust thing. They feel like they know the BTD people because they chat with them on a regular basis and form a relationship with them. I really think she only reason she took a chance on me is because I have an internet presence outside of DB. If I had just been a random person and didn''t mention, "Oh yeah, I''m a long time member of a jewelry forum." she probably wouldn''t have gone for the payment plan. Her listing did say something about possibly doing a trade or payments with a longtime BTD member. So I took a gamble with that...

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It maybe purely psychological, but I feel a lot better buying from active, posting PSers. To me, it feels like buying from one of our trusted vendors. Besides, I know I can trust you guys to pick nice stones and to disclose fully. Hey, no regrets on anything I bought from anyone here (by the way, the P Torraca rose quartz and the spinel finally arrived, along with several other packages I had been waiting for. Simply gorgeous!).

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 9:44:59 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
It maybe purely psychological, but I feel a lot better buying from active, posting PSers. To me, it feels like buying from one of our trusted vendors. Besides, I know I can trust you guys to pick nice stones and to disclose fully. Hey, no regrets on anything I bought from anyone here (by the way, the P Torraca rose quartz and the spinel finally arrived, along with several other packages I had been waiting for. Simply gorgeous!).
I think you''ve hit the nail on the head. It may be unwarranted, but there is a larger degree of trust with someone you''ve interacted with when there''s nothing on the line. Or, at least you can get a feel of them from others the seller or buyer has interacted with. I think we all will admit there are some crazies out there on ebay and the like. It is just more comforting to transact with "friends."

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
To me! To me! Sell it to me! I am so sad this ring was sold out before I could get it. I really wanted it and I REALLY want a platinum ring to see how I like that metal. Dang it! I would love to buy this ring!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto here. I feel as though I know some of the regulars here on PS and so unconsciously feel a higher level of trust should I need to sell or buy from them.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

And I bought a little somethin'' somethin'' from you on DS too. And I agree, knowing that it was a well established PS member I was buying from made me feel more confident about the purchase. It''s risky everywhere but outside of eBay with no rating system it just gives you a little extra security knowing who your seller/buyer is.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 10:25:54 PM
Author: Upgradable
Date: 8/9/2009 9:44:59 PM

Author: Lady_Disdain

I think you''ve hit the nail on the head. It may be unwarranted, but there is a larger degree of trust with someone you''ve interacted with when there''s nothing on the line. Or, at least you can get a feel of them from others the seller or buyer has interacted with. I think we all will admit there are some crazies out there on ebay and the like. It is just more comforting to transact with ''friends.''

I totally agree, Uppy. I recently bought a beautiful Malaya garnet diamond ring off DB from a member of PS and although she doesn''t post regularly, it helped that I "knew" her. It was a smooth and easy transaction for both of us and she told me that it was an encouraging first-time sale for her.

I''ll post the ring shortly. I received it on Saturday and I love it!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for weighing in - I like hearing (well, reading) everyone''s thoughts. Maybe I will give DB a try; seems like people are most familiar with that site. Now to get some better photos....

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Before there was a formal place to sell (DB), we used to do it like this thread. "Is anybody interested in my _______?" And then people would chime in. It wasn''t unusual to have pieces be passed around through several different posters, or even find their way back to the original owner. We referred to it as the MerryGoRound!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 1:10:00 PM
Author: Upgradable
Before there was a formal place to sell (DB), we used to do it like this thread. ''Is anybody interested in my _______?'' And then people would chime in. It wasn''t unusual to have pieces be passed around through several different posters, or even find their way back to the original owner. We referred to it as the MerryGoRound!!
Ahhh, the good ol'' days. I''d kind of prefer it that way....
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results